Bloodline Dwarf Fortress game - Done.

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Gazing Rabbit

Re: Bloodline Dwarf Fortress game

Postby Gazing Rabbit » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:27 am UTC

This is halfway offtopic.

I want to start playing the game, and I even started one.
The problem is that this game is too damn complicated. Any good tutorials you can point to?
Any spelling and/or grammar mistakes in the above post are due to Israel's defective education system. Not that there should be any, but it's always better to blame someone else.

Yuri2356

Postby Yuri2356 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:19 pm UTC

I'd point you to The Wiki. Contains some startup guides along with being a rather comprehensive reference-dealie.

MartinW

Postby MartinW » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:29 pm UTC

Players:
Yuri2356
SecondTalon
Annals

It is now Thendash's turn.

Jebobek

Postby Jebobek » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:38 pm UTC

AKAnotu did you post your gamesave anywhere?

Xaddak

Postby Xaddak » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:57 pm UTC

I'll join too!
Are you on this forum? Do you play EVE? Then join the xkcd channel! In your chat window, click on the speech bubble in the upper right corner. In the window that opens, type in xkcd and hit join.

-X

AKAnotu

Postby AKAnotu » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:11 pm UTC

If I didn't post it before, here it is:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=541
Abraham Lincoln wrote:If you are racist, I will attack you with the north.

Yuri2356

Postby Yuri2356 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:16 pm UTC

So, for the record, what version is everyone using?

Right now I'm running .40c

Thendash

Postby Thendash » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:43 pm UTC

And away I go! I'll post an update by Wednesday.
EDIT: Um, I can't load the save file. It doesn't even show up in the list. I'm running .40c windows xp, what version did you save it with?

annals

Postby annals » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:04 am UTC

I just downloaded it and it worked fine for me. When you unzip it, the actual save file is inside another folder of the same name and you have to move it out--maybe that's what you missed? I am running .40d now, but it shouldn't matter. I genned the world and played my first turn in .40c.

Thendash

Postby Thendash » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:06 am UTC

Oh it's inside another folder! Yeah, that's what I missed, thanks.
EDIT: Nope, still not working...

AKAnotu

Postby AKAnotu » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:48 pm UTC

I'm using .40 D

I had my archiver's settings twerked. Try it again here:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=553

Thendash

Postby Thendash » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:39 am UTC

Maybe you could pack your whole game folder for me? It should be working, but it's not even showing up in the continue game list. I downloaded the earlier save(the first save) and it works but this one won't for some reason...

AKAnotu

Postby AKAnotu » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:16 pm UTC

here
hope this works...

Thendash

Postby Thendash » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:37 pm UTC

I'm using the windows version of DF and you're using thr Mac version so that didn't help me. :? Are the mac and window saves not compatible or something?

AKAnotu

Postby AKAnotu » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:42 pm UTC

No, because I was able to play
One last try

Thendash

Postby Thendash » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:51 pm UTC

EDIT: Fixed, I had to re-download DF. It works now though, so update by Friday.

AKAnotu

Postby AKAnotu » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:58 pm UTC

Well, I tried an experiment, and got rid of the save folder, then downloaded the zip, and stuck the folder in the save folder again.
It works for me.....
Let's make sure you're doin' it rite:

1. Download the .zip file. (duh)
2. Unzip the zip file.
3 put the folder titled something like Region spring-55....list of dates into:
Dwarf fortress (version number)>data>save
4. open DF and hit "continue game"
5. Chose the save
6. ???
7. play.

That what you did?

Thendash

Postby Thendash » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:31 pm UTC

Yeah, it's working now. Seems it was a problem with the version of DF I was using. Appears we're using different versions.

annals

Postby annals » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:25 am UTC

That's really strange, because the saves from the last release are supposed to be compatible with this one. Maybe it just doesn't work backwards?

Thendash

Postby Thendash » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:36 am UTC

Yeah I guess that there's new features that the old version didn't understand so it just didn't give me the option to play it.

Thendash

Postby Thendash » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:29 am UTC

1st Granite, 54
After a long and difficult trek I've finally reached my destination, the fortress of "Bookrain." I've been sent here from the mountain home to help improve the value of this fledging fortress, a master of my craft, a legendary metalsmith.

2nd Granite, 54
I've been here for one whole day and I've been thrust into the manager and broker position. The current mayor, Shem, approached me and told me I was to replace the current manager/broker and get to work organizing this fortress. I think he must have thought I was someone else and I tried to explain this to him but he didn't seem to care and left me with a stack of paperwork. I definitely need to find Shem and explain to him that I'm not who he thinks I am, but until I find him I might as well help out and finish this paperwork...

3rd Granite, 54
The first thing that I will have done to help organize this place is have all the puppies placed in a cage near the, ehm, butchers workshop. I've also noticed that we need more beds and doors for the roomless dwarves to sleep in. We have plenty of empty rooms but not enough beds and doors. I need moar doors!

7th Granite, 54
I've decide to start construction of a greenglass road for our traders. It won't be done for a while but the first half has been laid out and construction on it starts soon.

10th Granite, 54
The elves have come to trade with us. I don't know how the previous broker dealt with them, but I deal with them by ignoring them. We will not trade with the evil elves while I'm in charge here.

14th Granite, 54
Udil Anamtosid, an engraver, has given birth to a boy. His beard looks like it will grow out very well once he gets older. The funny thing about the birth was that she just popped him out onto the floor while partying. I guess that means we won't need to have a birthday party for the little guy, since he was born during one!

16th Granite, 54
A goblin ambush! I sure hope the previous leaders have installed adequate defences, since I noticed early on that we didn't have a standing army... Blast! We lost Udil Uristrash, a fishery worker, to the goblins. I hope everyone else can get indoors before we lose anymore to those filthy scum.

22nd Granite, 54
That felt more like a siege then a ambush. We caught 6 in the cage traps and killed many more in the weapon traps, there's blood all over the wall leading to our trade depot. I hope the elves see it when they leave, a sign to their kind that they're not welcome here.

8th Slate, 54
I've had a temple built to Feb Liruklebes, the god of fortresses and war. I was appalled to see that he did not already have a temple, what kind of dwarves were the previous leaders?! Must have been the kind that worship that god of suicide, what's his name...
Spoiler:

8th Felsite, 54
We've recieved some migrants;
-A Dungeon Master(great a noble)
-2 potash makers
-5 peasants
-A wrestler
-A fisherdwarf
-A butcher
-A fish dissector
-A fish cleaner
-A donkey
-A animal caretaker
-A axedwarf
-2 glassmakers
-A jewler
-A trapper
-A woodcutter
-A fishery worker(you'd think we'd have to live on the coast for the mountain home to send this many fishdwarves...)
So that makes our fortress 21 dwarves larger, and the beds I ordered made at the beginning of the year are still less then a 1/8 done. Great, looks like a lot of dwarves are going to be sleeping on the floor for a while. At least I'm not the mayor, I don't have to listen to their complaints.

18th Felsite, 54
Adil Solonbebmal, a siege engineer, has withdrawn from society and claimed a craftdwarf's workshop. He's demanding, gems and stones that we apparently don't have. I've placed the marksdwarves, and our two new soldiers on guard near the workshop to prevent him going crazy and killing anybody.

26th Felsite, 54
It looks like Adil found what he needed and has completed building a Talc amulet, he calls it "Nerridsumun." He is now a legendary stonecrafter.
Spoiler:
It says; "This is a Talc amulet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of Talc, Granite and Brown jasper. This object menaces with spikes of Bloodstone.
On the item is an image of dwarves in Brown jasper. The dwarves are laboring. The artwork relates to the foundation of Confinelance by The Arches of Blockading of The Tenacious Girders in 1.
On the item is a image of a lizard in Pig tail."

1st Hematite, 54
I have begun a grand construction! A Colosseum of sorts, it will allow us to pit our soldiers, prisoners, and captured creatures against each other in fights to the death. But as a safety precaution I plan on installing spike traps attached to a lever, that will allow us to kill anybody on the floor from outside the Colosseum.

16th Hematite, 54
The human merchants have arrived, now these are some people I can trade with. I hope they enjoy using the green glass road, it's not quite complete yet but it's almost there.

19th Hematite, 54
I traded most of our stone crafts away for a bunch of food, wood, and various types of metal bars. It's not like we need any of this stuff but it's a lot more useful then stone crafts. I will probably have most of the wood made into spikes for the many spike traps I'm going to need to cover the floor of the Colosseum.

20th Hematite, 54
Nil Oltarushat, a peasant, has given birth to a girl! Not a particularly odd birth, unlike last time, other then the fact that she was carrying goods from the trade depot to the stoke piles at the time.

1st Malachite, 54
The mayor has mandated that two shirts be made, I still have to talk to him about me being the broker and all. I've gotten pretty good at it, but I don't think I'm as good as the previous broker was.

12th Malachite, 54
More migrants, great, I just hope we get some more useful ones and less peasants and potash makers unlike last year.
-A bone carver
-A fish dissector
-A armorer
-A Hammerdwarf
-2 peasants
-A planter
-A donkey foal
-A cow calf
-A animal trainer
That brings our population up 8 for a total of, 101. Also the mayor has mandated two more shirts to be made. What does he keep doing with his?

17th Galena, 54
The green glass road has finally been completed! All the workers that were assigned to that task will now be transfered over to the Colosseum project. It's all carved and most of the spikes have been layed but they all need to be hooked up to a lever which is going to take a long time I'm afraid.
Spoiler:

1st Limestone, 54
Autumn has come, it has now been half a year since I first arrived here. There's a lot of improvements to this fortress if I say so my self; the road is done, the Colosseum is almost done, all the animals have a place in a cage, lots of new rooms have been built, and to think it's not even the new year yet!
Spoiler:
We have 1 axedwarf, 1 hammerdwarf, 1 marksdwarf, 1 elite marksdwarf, and 1 wrester. For some reason the screenshot is cut off.

Edit: The longer images are cut off so I added the info that's cut off below the image in the spoiler. Also, I'll have the other half of the year done/posted probably by Sunday.

AKAnotu

Postby AKAnotu » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:00 pm UTC

I saw your thing on defenses. I forgot to mention that the non marksdwarves in the military were de-activated, didn't I?
Here's their names:
Metob Oboktad, competent swordsdwarf
Nil Oltarushat, competent axedwarf
Amost Ecemkol, dabbling macedwarf
They really really need steel armor to stop them from killing each other though. My competent hammerdwarf already died in iron from the swordsdwarf. I think I have two sets made already, but the marksdwarves might have claimed them.

Also, not meaning to tell you how to run things, but you should really replace those catapults with some ballistae. And once you do, you can get rid of that stone stockpile by the catapults.

Thendash

Postby Thendash » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:18 am UTC

Yeah I didn't set those up, I'm thinking of widening the entrance way to be 4 wide so that we can have 2 catapults/ballisti shooting down the entrance instead of how it is now where the right catapult just hits the wall across from him.

AKAnotu

Postby AKAnotu » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:26 am UTC

You could just knock out a wall, stagger the ballistae then rebuild the wall

Thendash

Postby Thendash » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:15 am UTC

Who is Ustuth ?nulvutram(wrestler), why is he in a cage, and can I let him out?
Sorry it's taking long for me to finish, I've been really busy lately(Thendash has grumbled mildly about too much work lately. Thendash has admired a beautifully crafted xkcd comic lately). It's almost done though, so stay tuned.

Yuri2356

Postby Yuri2356 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:16 am UTC

If you want to release him, just build the cage somewhere and then un-assign him from it. (Or rig the cage to a lever and pull it)

Thendash

Postby Thendash » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:53 pm UTC

I know how to release him, I just want to make sure he's not a dwarf that is on the goblins side. I'd hate to let him out then have him kill a soap maker that just happens to be best friends with everyone in the fortress...

Jebobek

Postby Jebobek » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:59 pm UTC

Thats a valid point. If I was in that fortress, I'd totally hang out with that soap maker.

oh and I'm still trolling this thread like crazy and reading the updates, I love this kind of stuff. If you ever get bored of the bloodline or if you run out of players I'd say hand it to a beginner noob(me) and have them describe everything that happens.

10th Granite, 66: "Well there are a bunch of c's in this square so i pushed alot of buttons seeing what would happen, now theres c's all over the place which is good right??"

Yuri2356

Postby Yuri2356 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:57 pm UTC

Thendash wrote:I know how to release him, I just want to make sure he's not a dwarf that is on the goblins side. I'd hate to let him out then have him kill a soap maker that just happens to be best friends with everyone in the fortress...

You'll be able to view what you're releasing from the cage before you set it free. Also, on the build menu the name of the cage will state its contents.

Thendash

Postby Thendash » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:55 pm UTC

I know what's in the cage, a wrestler dwarf, I just want to know why he's in the cage. Which previous ruler put him in there? There must be a reason right, maye he simply fell asleep on the cage trap and got caged(although I think that's fixed now...).

Thendash

Postby Thendash » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:03 am UTC

4th Limestone, 54
Kivish Alniszas, previously a novice hammerdwarf, has been appointed as the captain of the guard. I've had a small prison built behind his room where he can keep an eye on the trouble makers in there.

13th Limestone, 54
Another birth; Edem Fikodnelas, a weaver, has given birth to a boy.

17th Limestone, 54
The dwarven caravan from the mountain home has arrived! Trading will begin with them the moment we get all our goods to the trade depot. Unfortunately; they decided to approach our fortress from a different direction then our road, so they won't get to see it in its full glory.

26th Limestone, 54
Looking just outside the walls today, I noticed smoke rising from the nearby trees. With some closer inspection I realized it was a FIRE! But that's not all, it was caused by a Fire Man. I've called everyone inside to prevent them from going out and getting caught on fire, and we all know how us dwarves react to fire...
Spoiler:

Two of our dwarves got caught outside when the fire man attacked, sadly they are no more.
Lokum Kuletkovest, Zulban Rovodelis, and a horse named Kogsak Kirariden where killed.
Spoiler:

6th Sandstone, 54
Rain has put out the fire, but the fire man is still there. I called for our marksdwarves a week ago, but still they haven't shown up to their posts yet! I talked to the commander of the squad and reminded him that he was on duty but he didn't seem to care. Looks like we're all stuck inside until the humans leave and deal with the fire man or our marksdwarves get off their lazy buts and do their job.

8th Sandstone, 54
Behold our heroes! Cog Rigithtishis, a wrestler, charged out of the fortress straight for the fire man. He was struck hard and knocked back a few feet and suffered major injuries to his left and right arms, and some minor injuries to his lower body and hands. But while the fire man was distracted by Cog; Urish Entrathel, a axedwarf, ran over to help his friend Cog and struck down the fire man with his mighty steel battle axe! Life will go on as usual again once we clean up the mess caused by the fire. I declare the 8th of Sandstone, fire day. This day we will celebrate Cog's sacrifice and Urist's skill with the battle axe.

23rd Sandstone, 54
To prevent fire men from escaping the magma pit again, I have ordered a wall to be build around the rim of the pit. Hopefully no one will fall in though...

6th Timber, 54
The wall is complete, and no one fell in. Also, some more migrants have arrived to our wonderful fortress.
-2 farmers
-A weaponsmith
-3 peasants
-2 craftdwarves
-A ranger
This brings our population to a total of 109.

14th Timber, 54
Shem Kubukustan, a metalcrafter, has been possessed and has claimed a magma forge. He has gathered quite a few different items, I can't wait to see what he makes.

21st Timber, 54
After a whole week of working on this mysterious construction Shem emerged from the magma forge with a... tin braclet. Great!
Spoiler:
This is a Tin bracelet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with naked mole dog leather, cave spider silk and pig tail. This object menaces with spikes of Tin and cave spider silk. On the item is an image of Tanglerocks the Iron bracelet in Blodstone. On the item is an image of narrow crescents in Jelly opal. On the item is an image of Dashedromanced the Tin bracelet in Bituminous coal.

27th Timber, 54
I have begun a new project, a trap of sorts. Where the road cuts through the mountain I have carved out a room along side it and carved out fortifications, only accessible from underground. I have also had wall grates installed at the ends of the tunnel that will be hooked up to a lever inside the room and hooked up to pressure pads in the middle of the tunnel. The plan is that enemy creatures will approach through the tunnel and trigger the pressure pads when most of them are in the tunnel, this will trigger the grates to be shut thus trapping them in the tunnel. Then marksdwarves can kill them at their lesiure from saftley inside the room along side the tunnel. Eventually maybe it could fill with magma after the pads are activated, that will require a bit more work though so for now it will just be death by marksdwarves.

10th Moonstone, 54
Amost Keskaliden, a fisherdwarf, has drowned today. He was pulled into the river by carp. The most evil of all creatures!

13th Moonstone, 54
Blast! A siege, and the tunnel isn't finished yet. Everyone has been called inside, hopefully they will all be killed or captured by the traps.
Oh no, the mayor has been caught outside. Luckily he's a bit faster then the goblins and he's leading them towards the traps.
Terrible news, the mayor has been struck down. He ran past the entrance to the fortress and was soon struck down by a mob of goblin hammerers and wrestlers.

17th Moonstone, 54
The mayor was the only casualty to this siege. The goblins wandered into the traps, 5 where captured in cages and 4 where killed in the traps.

1st Granite, 55
Well it's the end of the year, and according to the logs, our fortress has grown by over 100000*. I've also become a much better broker since the beginning of the year when I was thrust into this position, actually I think I may be stuck in this position since the previous mayor is now dead... uh oh.
Spoiler:

Here's the file:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=565

Yuri2356

Postby Yuri2356 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:53 am UTC

Got the File, shall take up our quarrel with the foe in good time.

Thendash

Postby Thendash » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:29 am UTC

A note; the Colosseum is far from complete, most of the spikes still have to be hooked up to the lever. The tunnel trap thing I built is almost done, I'm pretty sure I queued up all the "link pressure plate to wall grate" jobs but I may have missed one so you might want to check that. Overall it was a fun fortress but I'm kind of disappointed that nothing has emerged to be the obvious enemy to our fortress(like the elephants in boatmurdered), maybe we should set a huge goal that will take like 10 years to complete and slowly work towards it one person at a time.

annals

Postby annals » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:37 am UTC

Well, I've always wanted to build a tower like this:
Spoiler:

It would extend all the way to the top, and, ideally, all the way to the bottom as well. The inner layer is water, and the outer layer magma, both of which would be pumped to the top and allowed to fall, heartlessly murdering the FPS. All constructions and furniture should be built of clear glass. I have no idea what it would be used for--maybe a museum on the top and a tomb on the bottom? I dunno. I don't even know whether it's possible, since I'm horrible at the mechanical/megaproject side of the game. That's all I can come up with right now.

Yuri2356

Postby Yuri2356 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:51 pm UTC

Thendash wrote:A note; the Colosseum is far from complete, most of the spikes still have to be hooked up to the lever. The tunnel trap thing I built is almost done, I'm pretty sure I queued up all the "link pressure plate to wall grate" jobs but I may have missed one so you might want to check that. Overall it was a fun fortress but I'm kind of disappointed that nothing has emerged to be the obvious enemy to our fortress(like the elephants in boatmurdered), maybe we should set a huge goal that will take like 10 years to complete and slowly work towards it one person at a time.

I could start building us a nice lake to live in...

annals wrote:Well, I've always wanted to build a tower like this:

It would extend all the way to the top, and, ideally, all the way to the bottom as well. The inner layer is water, and the outer layer magma, both of which would be pumped to the top and allowed to fall, heartlessly murdering the FPS. All constructions and furniture should be built of clear glass. I have no idea what it would be used for--maybe a museum on the top and a tomb on the bottom? I dunno. I don't even know whether it's possible, since I'm horrible at the mechanical/megaproject side of the game. That's all I can come up with right now.

That concept is entirely doable. In fact, I'd channel out all the natural floors in the building to replace them with glass block floor. (No time for Cave adaptation in this tower.) Then build secondary above-ground towers around it that are help only by machine-operable support columns that will serve as the fort's primary means of defense.

MartinW

Postby MartinW » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:15 pm UTC

Players:
SecondTalon
Annals
Xaddak

It is Yuri2356's turn.

Yuri2356

Postby Yuri2356 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:30 am UTC

I looked over the present state of the fortress today and Set up an idea of what I wanted done with the place. I'll get to playing at some point tomorrow afternoon.

Edit: Played a few sessions and I'm midway through Summer now.can probably wrap it up tomorrow.

Yuri2356

Postby Yuri2356 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:11 am UTC

It is done!

Highlights:

I have chozen our Mega-Project and set it into motion - We will strike into the earth and from it raise a mighty spire unto the heavens, a titanic spike of the finest dwarven steel wrapped in a glistening shell of the purest clear glass - We are building a Skyscraper. The plan I've set in motion will give us 30-33 Z levels, each 20x20 internally (less a 6X6 block for the central support/stair collum), providing floor space for over 1000 standard rooms. This will become an Arcology. As we complete it, facilities will be relocated into the Tower Until eventualy all that can be there, will.

Thus far, I have bored down a central 4x4 shaft, entirely channeled out. At the centre and corners of this shaft are to be steel walls which bear the weight of the tower. (Flavourflully) At the moment, this stack is only about 3 floors tall. On each side are a pair of clear glass stepsruning the entire height of the tower. (One of these has been completed to ground level, a second is close behind it, the last two are about 8 levels high) Around the shaft should be a jacket of brick walls (to represent concrete) with gaps in place for the doors to the tower's usable volume. The 22x22 area around the shaft (the extra tiles for artificial outer walls) has been channeled clear from the surface down by 8 levels. The process was a smidge tricky to get started, but now proceeds quire smoothly. At Ground level, a set of bridges connect the shaft to the edge of the pit to allow access to the workers.

Edit: Also, as I see it, only the outer walls of the finished tower need be made of glass (Or something like alternating brick and window, or steel and window) The interior walls and floors can be built around whatever themes we'd like to put there. Shopping malls, Art Gallerys, Dance Clubs, Cathedrals... anything at all.

I've set up the support industry for the clear glass and it's fairly sustainable for now. I've had the mason making bricks for the shaft, and a craftdwarf firing out rock trade goods to pay for imported matieral. (Forbade a large slice of bauxite to keep it safe) My exploratory mining found decent supplies of tin and copper, so I've had the smelters firing out bronze for some time. Also, looted the bodies of all the goblins for Iron gear to melt. Remember - Gobbos are the Fourth Iron Ore.

For the future, we need additional Iron to provide the central shaft. I've ordered some from the human caravan for next year, and started some exploratory mining to look for more local stuff. I'd advise my successor to continue in these efforts.

I slightly expanded our farm industries, started planting Pig Tails and Cave wheat, abandonnned the tails after I got some Rope Reed Seeds and gave them a plot up top. Got a field set for dimple cups, but we don't have any spawn yet. Using the cloth industry primarily for bags right now.

Our Baron Count arrived this year, along with his entourage. I took one of the big caverns someone dug out, tossed in some furniture and had the engravers smooth and detail the place. It's keeping the new guys happy.

Three artifacts got fired out - A ruby Scepter, A bone Gauntlet, and a Glass Mini-Forge. Not especially useful, but it did snag us two legendary dwarves and some net worth. (The scepter was a posession, the others secret and fey)

We suffered minor casulaties to Goblin ambushes late in the year, a very irritable wild horse (Turns out, it really could drag him away from us.) a small cave-in and a training accident. Two dwarves are particularly upset about that last one, so keep an eye out.

Our thriving economy attracted more than just The upper class. Amizo the Hydra saw fit to grace our forth with his presence. Liked the place so much he descided to settle right into one of our nice cozy terrariums and make himself at home. Caught, Tamed, and on display in the dining hall. It knocks over a cople statues out front before getting snared. I'll leave it to the future folk to descided what to do with our new pet.

Added some new Outdoor walls and carved up some slopes to me the land between the present fort and the tower more defensible, and moved some goblins into the cages in the death pit. Didn't play with it though. Set up a new pillbox for the ballista that fires right down the main road. Didn't get much use out of our army. One axedwarf got a broken arm and leg in battle, and I drafted a royal guard of hammerdwarves. (One of them died training) We could use more soldiers on active duty.

I also build and installed a fair number of doors, along other peices of furniture. The next person should either expand storeage space (Which I already did a bit) or lay some of these down.

My rather bland Log:
Spoiler:
Granite 5 - Began central shaft

Granite 8 - Jeweler posessed

Gran 12 - Construction begins

Gran 14 - Layed plans for grabage disposal.

16 - Thebilonam, the Ruby Scepter worth 132,000

21 - Nil has a baby

23 - bought some cloth from elves using stonecrafts

Slate 9 - started clean-up of invader armour. Recycling for tower

15 - The baron Count Has Arrived. Cavern on -14 will become temp housing.

Hematite 10 - Humans visit

19 - Bought wood, spare anvil, lots of meat, rope reed seeds, some iron bolts.

Payed in rock crafts. Requested Iron, Wood, Electrum, and Pearlash. They want

Toys, Handwear, and Blocks.

24 Malchite - Found aluminum

1 Galena - Planter gets secretive

4 - gets to work

8 - Char bone Gauntlet worth 29.4k

19 - Hydra!

21 - The hydra is captured before it can taste blood.

26 - The hydra is tamed. Say hello to our new mascot - Amizo. I put it in the Dining hall.

10 Limestone - Dwarven Caravan

23 - Accident in the Dig site sends Kadol Zontinoth plunging to his death.

13 Moonstone - Hunter is killed by wild horses.

14 - Small ambush. Two dogs killed. Goblins slaughtered.

18 - Second half of ambush. 1 Carpenter and a dog lost.

25 - Another hunter felled by Horses...

26 Opal - A Royal guard dies of sparring injuries.

27 - Fey glassmaker claims a furnace.

1 Obsidian - Construction began.

4 - A green glass mini-forge is built. (16k)

Xaddak

Postby Xaddak » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:51 am UTC

Wow! Sounds like things are going swimmingly. I'm not so sure I want to take part anymore, I feel like I'd screw it all up...
Are you on this forum? Do you play EVE? Then join the xkcd channel! In your chat window, click on the speech bubble in the upper right corner. In the window that opens, type in xkcd and hit join.

-X

MartinW

Postby MartinW » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:57 am UTC

Xaddak wrote:Wow! Sounds like things are going swimmingly. I'm not so sure I want to take part anymore, I feel like I'd screw it all up...

Good, we like a challenge. ;-)

Return to “Gaming”