Meteorswarm wrote: Steax wrote:
Meteorswarm wrote:Dude, there's already a railway, it's just underground, and needs to be repaired. It'd make me happier if you made your walkway come out of the ground west of the castle and link up with the existing railway. I really don't like the idea of new unprotected entrances to the castle, and the rail line is already linked up to that sky railway.
There's some work that needs to be done linking the railway to spawn, but I'll do that once I get more time.
I'm probably going to connect to that railway, yes. I wasn't able to fully figure out how extensive that network was, and a walkway is a much more scenic route. I'll let the walkway drop to somewhere near your castle, then, and just connect the railway as planned.
So here's how it stands at present:
There's a three-wide tunnel that goes from my castle to Walkerm's house by the bridge. I want to extend this to link up with grand central (it's already most of the way there), and also build a station stop at my castle. About 1/3 of the way towards walkerm's house, there's a junction with the existing, one-wide sky tramway, which is now defunct.
Here's how I envision expansion, in no particular order:
- Link up with Grand Central.
- Repair the skyway junction, leaving the skyway one-track for now. Use this to figure out a good switching method.
- Widen the skyway to three wide and two track, placing a station at the entrance to the floating bowl castle, and Scallel's scary lava fortress, and maybe the sky farm. Most of these sites are defunct.
- Extend the skyway beyond this, maybe eventually leading to my crying enderman statue far to the south west.
- Dig some kind of connection, either on the main line or on a spur, to a station stop at the bottom of my stairwell, next to the slime farm
- Extend the line to the west, and raise it out of the ground to be a sky railway for you.
We can do the last one first if you like. Make sure that your pathway is at least three wide so two carts can pass in opposite directions. I've got a lot of iron and gold we can use for tracks.
Currently, my plan is on having a straight, lit pathway 4 blocks wide, and enough space for expansion if necessary. Seeing your plans, I think the best option is for my skyway to branch somewhere round your castle; the rail lines then merge with the existing CobbleRail (they're already intersecting now), and the pedestrian walkways descend and merge with the old cobble paths near spawn. If we want double lines, I'll extend this to 6 blocks wide. For simplicity, we can dedicate the northern 3 blocks for rail (since it'll integrate with the existing one), and the southern 3 for pedestrians, since we've got neighbors on that side (and you don't want a pedestrian entrance).
In this layout, my in-progress skyway is really just for pedestrian use, and the railway connects to it for better accessibility/expandibility. Since it works this way, we can have stations along the route to allow for branching into different directions.
The entire BrickSkyway, leading from my house, is 500 meters long, but I've got enough to make it 6 blocks wide.
Xerillum wrote:Being serious, I'd be willing to donate some rail for the skyway, steax.
Thank you! This is a lot bigger than I thought it would be. We also pass near your stock exchange/complex, so you're in an easy place if you'd like a connection.