Minecraft

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

You, sir, name?

Re: Minecraft

Postby You, sir, name? » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:31 pm UTC

Vieto wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:
2011-12-03_17.39.22.png

Y u tempt me, minecraft?!

Unfortunately, you would be disappointed if you released the water, as it would only flood the bottom 7 meters away from the lake.

I know that. But you could make an epic waterfall a mile long.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:33 pm UTC

You, sir, name? wrote:
Vieto wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:
2011-12-03_17.39.22.png

Unfortunately, you would be disappointed if you released the water, as it would only flood the bottom 7 meters away from the lake.

Well, about 20 meters long or so.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:44 pm UTC

Jahoclave wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:
Vieto wrote:
You, sir, name? wrote:
2011-12-03_17.39.22.png

Well, about 20 meters long or so.

That's a mile, right? :P

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:07 pm UTC

Like a mile is about 25 m.
A mile is around a km (or like a gazillion miles).
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

Kain

Postby Kain » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:09 pm UTC

All right, I've got a new idea for a project. (Going to make a copy of Dragonsreach castle from skyrim as my new base). Unfortunately for me, it will have to be in a snow biome to look right. Guess I'll have to wait for the server to get up to 1.0.

Anyways, do we have a new date for the 1.0 land expedition?
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:25 am UTC

That does mean I will be required to steal all of your utensils from the castle.

bluejello

Postby bluejello » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:10 am UTC

Jahoclave wrote:That does mean I will be required to steal all of your utensils from the castle.

I assume after covering everyones heads with buckets.
In other news, when will I have fire privileges? I may of just tried seeing what water does to a portal... The portal is now inactive from the real world. (chords=-585x and -205z)

Also, I am different. My sister must of changed the skin...
Generic comment about SCIENCE! or !!FUN!!

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:18 am UTC

bluejello wrote:Also, I am different. My sister must of changed the skin...

I cannot begin to tell you how odd I find that phrasing.

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:23 am UTC

Kain wrote:All right, I've got a new idea for a project. (Going to make a copy of Dragonsreach castle from skyrim as my new base). Unfortunately for me, it will have to be in a snow biome to look right. Guess I'll have to wait for the server to get up to 1.0.

Anyways, do we have a new date for the 1.0 land expedition?

that is a good question. I think someone mentioned earlier on the thread that we were gonna have an expedition to the 1.0 lands once we updated, but I haven't heard anything since. I took the liberty to build a rail station just north of spawn.
since north is the least explored area as of now, that is the direction I will be heading once we update. I'm personally gonna move as far as possible from spawn, but anyone can use my rail system as they please when is up. any rail supplies are welcome. you can just drop them in one of the chests there.

Also, I talked to one of the guys from the tournament. The dates are still unknown until the teams are chosen, but he did mention sometime from mid to late December. He also suggested we sign up, and if the dates don't work for us we can simply back out. I really want to be part of this, and I know some of you are interested. If anyone that might be free around that time and would like to participate please PM, even if you are unsure. that way I can start sending him our info.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:33 am UTC

If I can make a suggestion, I'd run the main north line closer to where the bombing range goes. There's already a nether trolley line there, and a netherwalkway along that line. So they'd work pretty well in tandem.

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:44 am UTC

Jahoclave wrote:If I can make a suggestion, I'd run the main north line closer to where the bombing range goes. There's already a nether trolley line there, and a netherwalkway along that line. So they'd work pretty well in tandem.

bombing range? you mean that crater out in the snowy biome? I guess I could run a line out there, but I won't be moving the station. it took me hours to gather all that wood and not to mention the size of it.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:00 am UTC

tHe_kiiD wrote:
Jahoclave wrote:If I can make a suggestion, I'd run the main north line closer to where the bombing range goes. There's already a nether trolley line there, and a netherwalkway along that line. So they'd work pretty well in tandem.

bombing range? you mean that crater out in the snowy biome? I guess I could run a line out there, but I won't be moving the station. it took me hours to gather all that wood and not to mention the size of it.

Well I was just suggesting angling the rail line out that way as it would then sync up with what's in the nether. Thus it would be easier to sync up developments to the nether travel system (the one part, coincidentally, that's actually fully developed--you know, because it's something I use to get out to my stuff).

And yes, that crater. Plus the eventual goal of that pit is a giant full size mob spawner.

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:06 am UTC

Jahoclave wrote:
tHe_kiiD wrote:

Well I was just suggesting angling the rail line out that way as it would then sync up with what's in the nether. Thus it would be easier to sync up developments to the nether travel system (the one part, coincidentally, that's actually fully developed--you know, because it's something I use to get out to my stuff).

And yes, that crater. Plus the eventual goal of that pit is a giant full size mob spawner.

I can do that. I'll run a line out that way.

Feylias

/Talonservernostalgia

Postby Feylias » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:16 am UTC

imgur can only just manage ONE of the three versions of the June 16th map, and that's the [url="annotated one]http://i.imgur.com/Dm5zW.jpg[/url]. I can't be bothered to look up another image hosting site, and the June 16th map was the last one, I think, prior to Tectonicus.

On the Psion server I finally finished destroying every bit of land that poked up out of water and was visible at a far-viewing distance from my island. I guess that means, when I next muck about on there, I'll have to start a project. ^_^ I think I'll build a music disk generator/XP farm/AFK mob grinder that is selectable at the flip of a switch. I have it all worked out in my head.

Also, regarding the ease with which we can now acquire stacks of slime balls:
Spoiler:
2011-11-24_20.20.31.png
Nevar forget.

Kain

Postby Kain » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:37 am UTC

Hehehe, you poor 1.8eans with your overkill on slimes :)
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:47 am UTC

I bet I still couldn't manage to get a slime to kill me. They'd all run away and hide. :cry:

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:09 am UTC

Piman has, however, put much effort into the slime farm and it is now the slimequarium.

2011-12-02_17.46.03.png
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:56 pm UTC

Steax wrote:Piman has, however, put much effort into the slime farm and it is now the slimequarium.

2011-12-02_17.46.03.png

That is sooo adorable. Sqeeee!!

bluejello wrote:In other news, when will I have fire privileges? I may of just tried seeing what water does to a portal... The portal is now inactive from the real world. (chords=-585x and -205z)

The config file was a bit boogered up. You shold be fixed now, just PM me if it's not good.

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:34 pm UTC

Spent the better part of the day building a road from spawn to my house to add some landmarks to the server.

Carlomagno

Postby Carlomagno » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:08 pm UTC

If you guys want to do an expedition to the north, I'd like to offer my farm as a launching point.

Spoiler:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37294115/map.html#layerId=LayerA&worldX=-2549&worldY=0&worldZ=-79&zoom=4

That shows my little farm. I'm more than willing to expand it. I also have a massive mineshaft/cave complex beneath me that still has lots of coal and iron able to be mined, with more valuable stuff available deeper in. I have a protected path from the nether station all the way to my own portal, and enough rails sitting in chests at my farm to connect it. So come on down! If I get around to finding a 1.8.1 minecraft.jar, I'll log on before the server updates and help to prep for the adventure.

Edit: Looking at the map, I just noticed an NPC village not far from me.
Spoiler:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37294115/map.html#layerId=LayerA&worldX=-2727&worldY=0&worldZ=-394&zoom=3

You could also use that.

Xanthir
My HERO!!!

Postby Xanthir » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:23 pm UTC

Roosevelt wrote:
bluejello wrote:I might be able to join the tournament, but probably will not be much help. Also, the optifine (apparently potoroos accoiding to iPod spell heck...) mod has a zoom function that could be useful.

Also,could a top-down map of the nether be made to show what chunks have been explored? Minus top 20ish blocks, for SCIENCE, also netherfortress finding.

Short version, no.

Long version, it's impossible to do so. Plus, understand that the nether is a series of overlapping caverns. To give you an idea, there's a whole continent directly above the nether highway.

I may or may not be game for the tourney, depending on time.

Completely incorrect. Minetographer can do an "inside the nether" map just fine. It's not *perfect*, since you can have caverns below other caverns, but it's pretty damned good. Just turn on the "Render Caves" option, and then on the map there will be a "Caves" button that shows you the useful map.
(defun fibs (n &optional (a 1) (b 1)) (take n (unfold '+ a b)))

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:27 pm UTC

it seems that my project might turn to out to be bigger than expected. Its main purpose was to create a 10k-20k double sided rail system to the 1.0 lands where i would settle. But Rirez, Nbonaparte, and I where thinking of doing a massive city there, something like like the one we have right now. we encourage anyone who wants to build an outpost there to do it. Also, if you want to connect your current outpost to the station speak now before we run out of space. rail donations are still welcome. :mrgreen:

here is what we have so far:
Spoiler:
2011-12-04_09.49.33.png
2011-12-04_09.49.59.png
2011-12-04_09.50.26.png
2011-12-04_09.50.35.png
2011-12-04_09.50.56.png

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:08 pm UTC

You know what I have discovered, it is virtually impossible to get ahold of old school 3d glasses.

CombustibleLemons

Postby CombustibleLemons » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:46 pm UTC

Jahoclave wrote:You know what I have discovered, it is virtually impossible to get ahold of old school 3d glasses.

How hard is it to make your own?
You, sir, name? wrote:Just make sure to consistently whack it in the ass, as that's one end it does not shoot fire out of. Be careless with the flame-magic and it may just shoot fire out both ends.

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:55 pm UTC

Jahoclave wrote:You know what I have discovered, it is virtually impossible to get ahold of old school 3d glasses.

It is? I'm sure you could find them on places like Amazon. In fact, here you go.
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:04 am UTC

It's the paying for them part I'm rather against.

SurgicalSteel

Postby SurgicalSteel » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:28 am UTC

So by "get a hold of" you mean "find on the street"?
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:31 am UTC

SurgicalSteel wrote:So by "get a hold of" you mean "find on the street"?

Or in a junk box. I mean, I just want to see how the minecraft 3d option looks for a bit.

SurgicalSteel

Postby SurgicalSteel » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:08 am UTC

I have an extra pair (for some reason reason I couldn't buy them in less than a two pack). If you want to pm me an address I'd be happy to dig them up and mail them to ya.
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

Feylias

Psion Server blag.

Postby Feylias » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:51 am UTC

So I learned today that if you make a map, it's VERY important to not shift-click the map off the crafting table unless you WANT a duplicate of map zero.

Also, some blag regarding Psion's server:
Spoiler:
I've finished clearing all islands within a far viewing distance of my 100m^2 island. You can see where the islands used to be, and I've got 11 chests of cobble and 12 of dirt to show for it. Now, with any luck, I can at least avoid mobs spawning on the surface near me if I choose to make a grinder.
2011-12-05_16.38.20.png
The top of the map is east. For the moment.
I've also finished covering it with trees,
2011-12-05_16.00.37.png
Just bragging; trees everywhere!
but I think that'll be temporary; I will likely do something constructive, like provide a mob grinder for the server.
In the course of filling out the whole map I saw some neat things;
2011-12-05_16.08.17.png
I *think* someone's living in this island that I found on the lower left side of the map. There's a hole that leads to an underground ravine.
2011-12-05_16.25.32.png
The top right side of the map has this awesome mountain with ladders on it, and it looks like there are at least three people living here.
2011-12-05_17.35.01.png
Also, just for completeness, a complete map 0. Now, back to laying cobble.

Xerillum

Postby Xerillum » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:27 am UTC

The mountain houses you were talking about are the buildings I threw together while ST's server was down for maintenance.

Kain

Postby Kain » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:38 am UTC

So I decided to get on Y,S,N's server once again, started what I guess could best be described as an underground village, and ended up dying to a miss-step (I stepped on a lava corner piece, didnt have enough health to make it to the waterfall nearby). For whatever reason, this made me feel like I should commemorate each death that goes into the creation of that village with a sign. In this case, the sign simply says that Gary the Sure-Footed died on that spot on this day. Why Gary? I don't know...

Anyways, I am trying to remember how long it took for the 1.8 update to be matched by bukkit... this seems to be taking much longer. :(

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:15 am UTC

Interestingly enough, it appears that having mods does not interfere with my ability to play on 'You sir, Name''s server. I wouldn't mind if you added build craft or equivalent exchange though. See how long it takes before quarries start popping up on your server :D

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:00 pm UTC

Vieto wrote:Interestingly enough, it appears that having mods does not interfere with my ability to play on 'You sir, Name''s server. I wouldn't mind if you added build craft or equivalent exchange though. See how long it takes before quarries start popping up on your server :D

I've been looking into mods to install. Not decided on anything yet though.

By the way, I turned up the difficulty a notch, to medium.

SirBryghtside

Re: Psion Server blag.

Postby SirBryghtside » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:28 pm UTC

Feylias wrote:So I learned today that if you make a map, it's VERY important to not shift-click the map off the crafting table unless you WANT a duplicate of map zero.

Ah, that explains a lot.
Spambot5546 wrote:Well...who used it? I'd sleep next to Felicia Day's used bacon.

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:55 am UTC

Can I get the Admins to add selina09 and eddie to the white list? selina is my friend from high school and I recently found out she plays minecraft as well. eddie is her bf's brother. very much appreciated. ^_^

Roosevelt
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Roosevelt » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:26 am UTC

Got them.

Also, my turn for a photoblag!

Spoiler:
So as anyone online in the past week knows, I've been remodeling spawn. I had gotten a few requests to spruce the place up, we still didn't have a location for this "UN" thing folks were talking about, and a creeper had taken out a big chunk of the old one. A win in all three counts.

2011-12-06_22.05.12.png
Front face

After a bit of architectural consulting with a few players (mainly napoleon), we came up with a design for the building. Modern is hard in minecraft.

2011-12-06_22.06.40.png
Lobby

Even harder than modern architecture is modern interior decorating. Not sure if this lobby will stay.

2011-12-06_22.08.03.png
Front Yard

Basic design for the front yard. The green squares will probably become ponds, fountains, and/or flagpoles (if we do this UN thing).

2011-12-06_22.08.16.png
Back Yard

Backyard. Same story as the frontyard.

2011-12-06_22.08.43.png
New Communarium!

A big goal here was to make spawn more useful for newbies. So the communarium was moved inside and may have been restocked. Plans for Black Hat Boulevard are up to the players.

Plans going ahead are to excavate out basement floors for people to set up embassies/offices, decorate the yards, and maybe clean up the surrounding area again.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:54 am UTC

Yay new spawn!

I still want diamond lampposts or something, to emphasize how un-theft-ish our server is.

I'll be away for the next few days, but I'll try to prepare the map-under-spawn system.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

SirBryghtside

Postby SirBryghtside » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:45 am UTC

Aw, sweet! I need to get back on the server sometime!
Spambot5546 wrote:Well...who used it? I'd sleep next to Felicia Day's used bacon.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:26 pm UTC

Hum, looks like there still needs to be a landing installed for the Narnia Drawbridge...

...So it's very long drawbridge--we're very showy, especially since we have access to your house.

Return to “Gaming”