Steax wrote:My enchanting method is basically:
1. Calculate minimum level required for desired enchantment (since for me it's more or less always, like, Fortune picks).
2. Obtain diamond tool of choice.
3. Gain minimum level. I usually set things in units of 8 minutes, because that's the length of a fireproof potion. 1 potion is about 14-15 levels, 2 is about 22, 3 is about 27-28, when grinding at a single blaze spawner.
4. Enchant for maximum level use. The easiest way to adjust enchanting levels, it turns out, is not to use pistons to push bookshelves, but to push blocks into the space between bookshelf and table. It appears that it only takes 1 block at ground level to block off both the lower bookshelf and upper bookshelf, but if it doesn't, we can just use sand.
5. If succcessful, end process. If unsuccesful, is there a worn-out item of the same type?
a) If yes, repair them together and return to step 3.
b) If no, use tool until it is nearly worn out, and then use this for repairing in your next attempt.
Fortune has been extremely annoying to find. It is, however, the most desirable enchant. Level 4 would give you more than double the diamonds you would normally get, which, IMO, is completely worth the time and resources.
The wiki also says that Fortune works on Nether Wart. If it does, then... it's rather awesome. It also incorrectly says it works on glowstone, though, so I'm not sure.tHe_kiiD wrote:what are the odds of finding a lv 50 enchantment? I've spent around 3 hours looking for one and the closest I've been is 49. I surrounded myself with bookcases with top and bottom as well and no luck. the worst part is that both the times I've done it I picked a lv 48 after getting tired of looking and ended up with Efficiency IV both times.... from now on, no more lv 48 enchantments for me.
How long did it take you to get to lv 48? I've never seen a level 50 enchant, ever.
I got to lv. 60 in about 3-4 hours the first time.
second time I only went up to lv. 50 since going any higher is just a waste of time.
the third time i went to lv 35 then I died...
I've only been using one skellie spawner xp farm.
if we are able to find 2 or more spawners of any kind next to each other the leveling up would be much faster.
I looked at the wiki and it said; "On average, it takes 2480 tries to get a level 50 enchantment, but only about 71 tries to get an enchantment of level 46 or higher. "