Minecraft

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Re: Minecraft

Postby Steax » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:08 am UTC

PMing me is a safe bet, actually - I tend to pick it up in 5 mins and can typically come online at a whim.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:28 pm UTC

alright, will be on today.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:50 pm UTC

I just realized why I've encountered so few mobs in MA (what with 50 people on the server at any one time). Also, does anyone know the seed for MA?

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:08 pm UTC

Yeah, so many people on = so few mobs. That does make getting slimeballs and bone meal a serious pain though. Also, it makes what few encounters you do get into that much more terrifying.

I'm still online for the next hour or so, if anyone needs a lift up.

Reminder: We're on frequency 3.14.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:27 pm UTC

Is anyone else getting this glitch? The first time I had it, I thought I had struck a gold/diamond vein next to a dungeon. Now it's just a nuisance.
Attachments
2012-03-28_11.23.08.png
Mineral glitches make me feel richer than I am.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:30 pm UTC

It's the anti x-ray plugin; it turns stone that you can't usually see into random ores. I think it's quite useless since it just makes x-ray mining harder, without actually hiding away hidden bases and stuff. It also happens behind non-full-block objects, like chests, which annoyingly seems to make them appear to be sitting in front of diamond.

I believe you're online, Vieto. Are you anywhere nearby?

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:33 pm UTC

I'll pm you my co-ordinates.

Enokh

Postby Enokh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:47 pm UTC

Just got on to MA! Was a little confused as to why I didn't see any mobs when the sun went down. No idea where I am -- I've seen various signs of life, but just little lamp-posts. I've got half a stack of yellow and red flowers, as well as a stack of seeds. I don't know why I did that.

Anyone feel like PMing me coordinates, so I can start making my way over?

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:11 pm UTC

Enokh wrote:Just got on to MA! Was a little confused as to why I didn't see any mobs when the sun went down. No idea where I am -- I've seen various signs of life, but just little lamp-posts. I've got half a stack of yellow and red flowers, as well as a stack of seeds. I don't know why I did that.

Anyone feel like PMing me coordinates, so I can start making my way over?

You didn't see any mobs because there are around 50 people on the server at any one time. You could probably go into a dungeon with minimal effort.

Enokh

Postby Enokh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:39 pm UTC

Yeah, sorry -- forgot to mention I was only confused until I read this thread.

I'm extremely disheartened at the notion of people using x-ray texturepack/mods on this server, though.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:00 pm UTC

meh, it's just another one of the problems running a non-whitelisted server brings you. even on the small server I used to play on (this being about a year and a half ago) every once in a while someone would be using an Xray TP.

In other news, I'll be on shortly and start making my way to the coords.
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

casualevils

Postby casualevils » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:03 pm UTC

I'm on MA right now and wandering round looking at the ruins is pretty eerie. Once again this simple game does more than a big blockbuster one. Can i get pm-d the base coordinates?

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:45 pm UTC

on my way there, I found what would have to be the equivalent of rapture in MC. I won't post the coords, and I can't access a photo website now, but i'll post the pics later. it's waaaay cool.

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:01 pm UTC

I'll be online today and I'll try to make my way to the base ...again.
If I don't see the stream of water on, I'll just go mine in the caves below.

e^iπ+1=0
Much, much better than Gooder

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:04 pm UTC

I'm at the coords now. Trying to follow the rest of the instructions, but don't see anything...

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

Edit 2: But now I'm dead because damage seems to be extremely inconsistent. I've fallen three blocks and died, I've stood in lava and taken forever to die, I've barely touched lava and died almost instantly... no clue what's going on. Anyway, someone wanna explain radios to me? Apparently you need a compass?
poxic wrote:You, sir, have heroic hair.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:27 pm UTC

I died while climbing the ladder...maybe there should be a bed nearby?

EDIT: I'm here, and waiting for whatever's coming to help me along.

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:49 pm UTC

could someone open the water elevator? Eculc and me are at the caves below...

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:15 pm UTC

Well, I will most likely not be on anymore tonight. I'm waiting in the caves (in a semi-hidden side pocket) so plz don't fill them in. hopefully I'll be online when someone else is tomorrow.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:18 pm UTC

hehehe, I have done IT! It was me, all me.

Spoilered for nightmare fuel.
Spoiler:
You are dead, no exceptions.
Last edited by _infina_ on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:55 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

wam

Postby wam » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:57 pm UTC

On the survival sever i have finished my rail line (ish, the second half is pretty simple). I have also expanded roos station and there is a spare platform if anyone needs somewhere to put a train line.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:12 am UTC

I'm going to visit back to the main server if a new hours.

I'm also now back awake and ready to open up the elevators - PM me.

Radios:
- Radio towers are used to send messages. They're a jukebox with a block of iron/lapis/gold/diamond above it (this determines the transmission distance somewhat) and iron bars (each iron bar adds 30m of distance). You stick a sign on the jukebox, the first line being the frequency, and the message below.
- To receive messages, you need to hold a compass and type /radio [freq]. From this point, you can change to other items and still hear it, as long as the compass is in your inventory.
- You can stand between 4 columns of iron bars to enhance your hearing distance.

We're on 3.14, and whenever I'm online I routinely send out a transmission asking if anyone needs a lift up from the base below.

For people trying to get here, I suggest building a temp base at nearby jungles. I also have a little farm with sugar canes and wheat there for sustainment. I shall proceed to place melons there.

e^iπ+1=0

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:02 am UTC

The problem is getting a compass. I'll go look for iron, but I'll probably die of hunger first. I've used the newly added bed though, so at least I won't have to trek back.
poxic wrote:I note that the hair is not slowing down. It appears to have progressed from heroic to rocking.

(Avatar by Sungura)

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:15 am UTC

Vieto wrote:You didn't see any mobs because there are around 50 people on the server at any one time. You could probably go into a dungeon with minimal effort.

Spawners still work regardless of the mob limit. Which is good, because it means xp farms still work.
Steax wrote:It's the anti x-ray plugin; it turns stone that you can't usually see into random ores. I think it's quite useless since it just makes x-ray mining harder, without actually hiding away hidden bases and stuff. It also happens behind non-full-block objects, like chests, which annoyingly seems to make them appear to be sitting in front of diamond.
Also, chests/workbenches/furnaces are stone unless you have line of sight. It used to be different, which was annoying when the chest I'd hidden behind two dirt blocks got raided. =/ At any rate, there's a lot less cheating now than there used to be. There are still griefers and raiders of course, but they play by the rules and it's more of a roleplaying thing.

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:35 am UTC

I didn't see anyone online, but I reached the outpost. the water elevator was already open, but I didn't close it, I might've missed a name in the list or something.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:31 am UTC

Jahoclave wrote:Also, has anybody else had a problem of taking too long to log into the blablow server?

That's because there is no blalobw server. Now Secondtalon has a server....

_infina_ wrote:hehehe, I have done IT! It was me, all me.

Spoiler:

Your image isn't working. Or is the idea that you sneak up behind us with a magic diamond sword and lava bucket whilst we're trying different stuff to view the bait?

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:35 am UTC

blalobw wrote:Your image isn't working. Or is the idea that you sneak up behind us with a magic diamond sword and lava bucket whilst we're trying different stuff to view the bait?

I have highlighted your mistake.

MA: Please replant the tree farm when you're done with it. And please place extra saplings in the chest. On average, the farm should give enough saplings to fully replant every time.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:56 am UTC

blalobw wrote:
Jahoclave wrote:Also, has anybody else had a problem of taking too long to log into the blablow server?

That's because there is no blalobw server. Now SexyTalon has a server....

_infina_ wrote:hehehe, I have done IT! It was me, all me.

Spoiler:

Your image isn't working. Or is the idea that you sneak up behind us with a magic diamond sword and lava bucket whilst we're trying different stuff to view the bait?

Spoiler:

also, fixed in the post. Forum 47 uploads don't like to be posted elsewhere.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:03 pm UTC

I got us a second sticky piston. meem, can you make this thing work?

jestingrabbit
Factoids are just Datas that haven't grown up yet

Postby jestingrabbit » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:24 pm UTC

blalobw wrote:Your image isn't working. Or is the idea that you sneak up behind us with a magic diamond sword and lava bucket whilst we're trying different stuff to view the bait?

Looks like a creeper riding a spider to me...
ameretrifle wrote:Magic space feudalism is therefore a viable idea.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:55 pm UTC

jestingrabbit wrote:

Looks like a creeper riding a spider to me...

blal isn't free, truly.
Spoiler:

Malo mbwa mwitu

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:54 pm UTC

MA: I suggest we close off access to the lower floor from the water stream, and make the plank-pattern floor our main hall (or one floor above). The bottom floor can remain for maintenance and other purposes. Then, we just build upwards, leaving the center hall open from above, meaning anyone can easily look down upon the entrance hall in case anyone arrives. I also suggest placing pressure plates to trigger a radio broadcast every time someone enters or leaves.

Carlomagno

Postby Carlomagno » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:48 pm UTC

I'm at our base on the MA server, and could use a lift up. Anyone available?

Edit: I'll be keeping an eye on this and my messages for a while, but I'm offline now.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:30 pm UTC

I hate the lava sound, it sounds like there is another miner/slimes just behind the nearest wall, and makes me paranoid.

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:56 pm UTC

MA:

who left the water stream open? it appears we just got raided ...badly. they even took all the seeds and not just that, they also blew up parts of our base.... for now I closed the water stream. if you want in Pm me. they also destroy the beds, if you have time to log in I would suggest you reset your spawn.

Carlo, I doubt you're at the correct coordinates. it seems the water stream was left open since yesterday. If you were here you would've seen the stream.
Last edited by tHe_kiiD on Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:15 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

philsov
Not a fan of Diane Kruger

Postby philsov » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:58 pm UTC

Vieto wrote:I hate the lava sound, it sounds like there is another miner/slimes just behind the nearest wall, and makes me paranoid.

But I love lava roofs. They sound awesome when it rains and help provide constant light.
The time and seasons go on, but all the rhymes and reasons are wrong
I know I'll discover after its all said and done I should've been a nun.

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:06 pm UTC

This is all the raiders left...

Spoiler:
2012-03-29_14.03.10.png
Boo.

e^iπ+1=0

Postby e^iπ+1=0 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:27 pm UTC

I was on this morning, the stream was off, and everything was fine. Must have happened recently.

(Avatar by Sungura)

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:31 pm UTC

Well shit. I closed the elevator when I logged off last night... And I'm guessing they took the sticky pistons.

Time to log on and see if any of my hidden chests succeeded?

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:40 pm UTC

Magnanimous wrote:Well shit. I closed the elevator when I logged off last night... And I'm guessing they took the sticky pistons.

Time to log on and see if any of my hidden chests succeeded?

nope. they even managed to find the stashed chest with the diamonds I collected last night..
the thing that strikes me the most is the fact that those bastards killed my dog. Did they really needed to do that?

Carlomagno

Postby Carlomagno » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:38 pm UTC

Ok, I did have the right coords, and I've now been able to set my spawn up there. A couple of notes: We need a new frequency, and a good way to store valuable things aside from keeping them on us when we log off. I actually recommend that we find an off-site location for valuables. A difficult system to use will create a difficult system to break.

Return to “Gaming”