Minecraft

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Kain

Re: Minecraft

Postby Kain » Tue May 08, 2012 12:13 pm UTC

Well, I guess its iron doors from now on. I can spare a bit of iron if anyone needs it...
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Tue May 08, 2012 12:17 pm UTC

I propose we build an R&D center to develop new doors and whatnot. I've come up with a 2x2 door that's reasonably compact for sky implementation.

Also, I took a few stacks of wood near the tree farm, and left some diamonds as my thank-you. I'll help get more when I have time!
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

Melic

Postby Melic » Tue May 08, 2012 2:09 pm UTC

Would it be aginst the point to make a new server if you just give the people with big ongoing projects a little incentive to come to the new one, for instance give gana a bunch of cobble and world edit in half of the total sky he wants to make, I know if I was givin a couple high lvl unbreaking picks I would start over on my dwarven city, plus if we start over I can have it nearer to the center of population rather than 2 min away from where everyone moved to after I started. Or posibly copy paste stuff that people vote is worth taking with us.
They call me Mr. Piman

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Tue May 08, 2012 2:17 pm UTC

I think the concern is losing all the history. The only other suitable way would be to move everyone (and spawn) far, far away and leave the old world intact. I think we have many old players who still want to see their old things existing.

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Tue May 08, 2012 2:39 pm UTC

Steax wrote:I think the concern is losing all the history. The only other suitable way would be to move everyone (and spawn) far, far away and leave the old world intact. I think we have many old players who still want to see their old things existing.

I don't have much to say since I'm totally new but that last suggestion sounded great!

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Tue May 08, 2012 4:52 pm UTC

Fence gates are OK for ground level entrances, though skeletons can shoot over them. The other thing I've been doing in singleplayer is ladders up the side of my buildings and a roof hatch.

Ok, how about once the overland railroad to Pandora that was started and abandoned we'll change the default spawn to Pandora city?

Alternatively, we could just change the spawn as there doesn't seem to be a huge interest in completing the railroad any more.

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Tue May 08, 2012 5:25 pm UTC

Is the Pandora city the buildings north-west of spawn?

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Tue May 08, 2012 6:15 pm UTC

Anyone else getting this lag and the constant logouts?

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Tue May 08, 2012 7:20 pm UTC

And I hereby claim the jungle east of spawn to be mine as "The Jungle of Gymnastics".

blalobw
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby blalobw » Tue May 08, 2012 7:53 pm UTC

halgdp wrote:Is the Pandora city the buildings north-west of spawn?

Pandora City is closer to X=-16300 by Z=-7700

It's a fair distance from spawn.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Tue May 08, 2012 11:04 pm UTC

halgdp wrote:
Steax wrote:I think the concern is losing all the history. The only other suitable way would be to move everyone (and spawn) far, far away and leave the old world intact. I think we have many old players who still want to see their old things existing.

I don't have much to say since I'm totally new but that last suggestion sounded great!

Thing is, we've already done that, except the "move spawn" thing. Most active players are in the Pandora area, which more or less requires someone to guide you there.

SurgicalSteel

Postby SurgicalSteel » Wed May 09, 2012 3:48 am UTC

Magnanimous wrote:Does anyone else think it's a little weird that iron is farmable now?
Wait, what does this mean?
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Wed May 09, 2012 4:04 am UTC

Iron Golems drop iron ingots (and they're marginally farmable, though not easily so) and I think zombies do too. Various mobs also drop iron tools. We're currently expanding our village as we speak.

Wam, mieu: some of your space is being used temporarily for villager housing, feel free to demolish them when you'd like to build!

SurgicalSteel

Postby SurgicalSteel » Wed May 09, 2012 4:19 am UTC

Ah, darn. I was kind of hoping it had somehow become something you could make a genny for, like cobblestone.
--Flobots "Mayday"

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Wed May 09, 2012 5:09 am UTC

Hello Gents. it's been a while. but goddamn it feels good to be back. I hear we have new players, whenever you guys make your way to Pandora (if you haven't already done so), let me know and I'll give you a welcoming present. seems like a lot has changed in the past two months. I'm glad we changed to Vanilla. now it feels like true minecraft without settime, weather, lava etc. idk about a new map though i would love to eventually finish my projects, but not having a stronghold/END portal really sucks (and I just don't feel like completing monkeys quest that opens the END portal which is located at spawn). Though there is another hidden END portal. I'll log in briefly tonight, check out some of the new structures and my valuables. Hopefully I haven't been griefed.

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Wed May 09, 2012 5:22 pm UTC

If you want a huge huge ocean, bigger than ever. Go north of Pandora. If you want a jungle, DON'T go north of Pandora, you wont find anything like it for a few thousand blocks... I promise ya, I tried. D*=

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Wed May 09, 2012 7:20 pm UTC

What direction do you want to go to find that tree farm?

Meem1029

Postby Meem1029 » Wed May 09, 2012 7:55 pm UTC

If you want a huge huge ocean, go any direction from Pandora...

All you new folk who weren't there on our journey...
*mutters under his breath about youngsters*

(We wanted to get out to -16000 for some reason. We had a fair number of oceans and a few lands, until we hit about 10000. Then we decided to go for one more ocean. At 16000, people decided to start making a waterworld while several of us (or maybe it was just me) went exploring to find land. We determined that there was no land within about 4000 blocks, and we only found pandora when I got sick of it and opened up a copy in single player (this was back in the olden days when you could see smp seeds) and used flying and /setspeed 10 to find land.)
cjmcjmcjmcjm wrote:If it can't be done in an 80x24 terminal, it's not worth doing

casualevils

Postby casualevils » Wed May 09, 2012 8:10 pm UTC

Can I please be added to the main server? I asked blalobw a while ago but could never get in. My minecraft username is smearedlunacy.

Kain

Postby Kain » Wed May 09, 2012 8:12 pm UTC

Of course, looking at the map, we never really explored south of waterworld... (that would have been, what, west of it at the time?)

I have found another ice continent to the north of Pandora, looks to be about the same size as Antartica, but a bit closer (-16k, -13k or thereabouts). I have a few underwater/ice roof building ideas to mess around with there, so I may be absent from Pandora for the next few days...
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

wam

Postby wam » Wed May 09, 2012 8:40 pm UTC

So is the server address the same or not?

As im on the old server address and settime still works.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu May 10, 2012 12:21 am UTC

halgdp wrote:If you want a huge huge ocean, bigger than ever. Go north of Pandora. If you want a jungle, DON'T go north of Pandora, you wont find anything like it for a few thousand blocks... I promise ya, I tried. D*=

I assume that means pandora continent has been fully explored? Aww. I thought we still had undiscovered islands and such out there.

wam wrote:So is the server address the same or not?

As im on the old server address and settime still works.

I'm told it's just a normal vanilla command, so yeah, it still works.

Meem1029 wrote:If you want a huge huge ocean, go any direction from Pandora...

All you new folk who weren't there on our journey...
*mutters under his breath about youngsters*

(We wanted to get out to -16000 for some reason. We had a fair number of oceans and a few lands, until we hit about 10000. Then we decided to go for one more ocean. At 16000, people decided to start making a waterworld while several of us (or maybe it was just me) went exploring to find land. We determined that there was no land within about 4000 blocks, and we only found pandora when I got sick of it and opened up a copy in single player (this was back in the olden days when you could see smp seeds) and used flying and /setspeed 10 to find land.)

Well, most of us were like "ooooookay what now, anyone find any land?" and we gave up an hour later when we realized that no, there was not any land reachable by boat. That was one epic journey, but the last leg (involving the "holy crap this is SUCH A HUGE OCEAN" part) was just horrible.

--

A big thank you for whoever made all the wood at the tree farm. My latency makes it practically impossible to farm trees; the leaves always re-grow and the blocks keep reappearing. I've placed some more diamonds as a thank-you. If you tell me who you are, I'll move the diamonds directly to your place instead.

jestingrabbit
Factoids are just Datas that haven't grown up yet

Postby jestingrabbit » Thu May 10, 2012 2:13 am UTC

Its me who's been doing all the wood. If you have a preference, tell me what it is.
ameretrifle wrote:Magic space feudalism is therefore a viable idea.

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Thu May 10, 2012 2:23 am UTC

If I can find 20-24 people who wanted to get together for a day or two of minecrafting, I would be willing to throw up The Survival Games on my server.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Thu May 10, 2012 4:53 am UTC

_infina_ wrote:If I can find 20-24 people who wanted to get together for a day or two of minecrafting, I would be willing to throw up The Survival Games on my server.

That'll be really cool. I'm in.

jestingrabbit
Factoids are just Datas that haven't grown up yet

Postby jestingrabbit » Thu May 10, 2012 5:10 am UTC

There is something very wrong with redstone torches. They are just not relighting like they should. Anything more elaborate than a button push opening a door is therefore a problem atm.

So, please, use the balcony on the mushroom house.
ameretrifle wrote:Magic space feudalism is therefore a viable idea.

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Thu May 10, 2012 5:21 am UTC

I would want to burn down a forest beside the rail to Pandoras portal. I think it would be safe, tried to secure it. Can I?

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu May 10, 2012 5:22 am UTC

I can confirm jesting's issue. The clock at the city clock is also nonfunctional due to this problem. I'm going to hold off my redstone constructions until this gets fixed.

Also, yes, the forest looks fine.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Thu May 10, 2012 5:29 am UTC

So, all the essays and things for my master's degree are done. Time to waste all the time!

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Thu May 10, 2012 6:05 am UTC

anyone digging near my entrance inside the dam?

Spoiler:
2012-05-09_22.25.29.png

remember this will all be flooded once the dam is finished.
If you plan on settling here let me know. this land (the mountain with the spruce trees) its already claimed by me. I don't mind if you settle above ground, if you ask first. any underground digging is prohibited.

Just a perspective of the boundaries:
Spoiler:
red.PNG

Also, any trees other than spruce will be burned down within said area. If you need wood there is a tree farm near the city.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Thu May 10, 2012 6:16 am UTC

Here's a normal redstone clock, as placed in front of my home, that isn't working as expected.

2012-05-10_12.55.06.png

It appears to be an issue with torches burning out easier than they used to.

Kain

Postby Kain » Thu May 10, 2012 6:26 am UTC

tHe_kiiD wrote:anyone digging near my entrance inside the dam?

Spoiler:
2012-05-09_22.25.29.png

If you plan on settling here let me know. this land (the mountain with the spruce trees) its already claimed by me. I don't mind if you settle above ground, if you ask first. any underground digging is prohibited.

Spoiler:
red.PNG

Also, any trees other than spruce will be burned down within said area. If you need wood there is a tree farm near the city.

I think that was a temporary workstation I made about a month back when I was exploring the region, and lighting up some caves to try and get more overworld spawning. If so, that hole was there to begin with, though I think I might have mined out a vein or two of coal (if you want reimbursement, let me know, and I'll get back to you on that once I get back to pandora in a week or so). Flooding it is fine.

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Thu May 10, 2012 9:09 am UTC

Yeah, redstone torches are definitely broken.

On that note, I designed a mini sand elevator to take people to the communarium basement. The top button removes the workbench in the floor, revealing a 3m drop to the basement entrance, and the bottom button lifts the player up and replaces the workbench. (Hopefully it works in SMP...)
Attachments
2012-05-10_02.02.18.png

SurgicalSteel

Postby SurgicalSteel » Thu May 10, 2012 1:00 pm UTC

Spoiler:
2012-05-09_22.25.29.png

Spoiler:
red.PNG

That would be me. I didn't realize the land near the dam was yours also. Since I'm at work my spawn will be in there until I get home around 6:00 EST, so please don't flood until then. Also, I don't remember your border extending to those caves in the lower-left of the image. Those are my wooden bridges there. I would like to propose some territorial negotiations if you're willing.

edit: wait, are you the one who deforested the land to the south-west of your spruce forest? That was my tree farm.
--Flobots "Mayday"

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Thu May 10, 2012 6:49 pm UTC

tHe_kiiD wrote:
_infina_ wrote:If I can find 20-24 people who wanted to get together for a day or two of minecrafting, I would be willing to throw up The Survival Games on my server.

That'll be really cool. I'm in.

I'm in as well. That could be very fun. (Although I would like to propose allowing trees to be cut down being added as a rule)

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Thu May 10, 2012 7:23 pm UTC

Survival Games Signups (I will edit this as I notice them)
1. tHe_kiiD
2. Vieto (Cazador0)
3. walkerm930
4. cephalopod9 (BrachioCyborg)
Spoiler:

Camera players will be needed, and will get creative mode permissions. This means if you want to play, you cannot also camera with the same username.
Commentators will also be needed, but we can have the players work on that after it is finished and edited.
Last edited by _infina_ on Thu May 17, 2012 5:48 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

scienceroboticspunk

Postby scienceroboticspunk » Thu May 10, 2012 8:27 pm UTC

I would be up for playing, I'm weirdscott on the server.

Has waterworld been entirely abandoned? when I was on the other day and at my base under the ocean kind of near there I saw no one in the area.
these are words
type, type, type

wam

Postby wam » Thu May 10, 2012 8:43 pm UTC

Im up for playing as well.

Also Steax

Im not actually going to use that area any more, i got some space under the station.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Kain

Postby Kain » Thu May 10, 2012 9:04 pm UTC

scienceroboticspunk wrote:I would be up for playing, I'm weirdscott on the server.

Has waterworld been entirely abandoned? when I was on the other day and at my base under the ocean kind of near there I saw no one in the area.

As far as I can tell, that would make you the first person at water world in months...

I may be down for some hunger games, as well.

tHe_kiiD

Postby tHe_kiiD » Thu May 10, 2012 10:43 pm UTC

SurgicalSteel wrote:

Spoiler:
2012-05-09_22.25.29.png

Spoiler:
red.PNG

That would be me. I didn't realize the land near the dam was yours also. Since I'm at work my spawn will be in there until I get home around 6:00 EST, so please don't flood until then. Also, I don't remember your border extending to those caves in the lower-left of the image. Those are my wooden bridges there. I would like to propose some territorial negotiations if you're willing.

edit: wait, are you the one who deforested the land to the south-west of your spruce forest? That was my tree farm.

there will be no flooding any time soon. I must first finish the dam. I am fine with you living in said area, I noticed someone working around the south part on the mountains long time ago, where your bridge is, I just didn't know who it was. and yes I claimed this land when we first founded the city. if you dig through the fora you'll eventually find it. just try not to dig into the main hub of the mountain or you'll run into my base of operations.

so far the current residents are Blujelllo at the flying fortress, Manial (if I'm correct) who only layed out the boundaries of a house west of the small dam, and you now.

btw, I did not destroy your tree farm. I don't recall there being a tree farm in the mountain but a few scattered oak tress.

Return to “Gaming”