Minecraft

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

halgdp

Re: Minecraft

Postby halgdp » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:26 am UTC

Snark wrote:Nobody solve it til I do!

Wow...

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:33 am UTC

Guys, I need a bit help with this. I need help with some designing and details for this...

Sorry but I don't know how to do those spoilers so instead I take up space... I gotta check things out with spoilers.
Attachments
2012-07-24_13.09.18.png
Right wall, inside.
2012-07-24_13.09.28.png
Right wall, outside.
2012-07-24_13.09.12.png
Left wall, inside
2012-07-24_13.09.01.png
Left wall, outside.
2012-07-24_13.09.40.png
I've gotten this far.

Snark

Postby Snark » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:37 am UTC

halgdp wrote:

Wow...
This was meant to be a joke. Sorry for being obnoxious.

Tree course looks awesome!
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:55 pm UTC

Snark wrote:
halgdp wrote:

Wow...
This was meant to be a joke. Sorry for being obnoxious.

Tree course looks awesome!

The course will probably not look like that. I just planted some random to get a good picture. =P

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:14 pm UTC

Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:43 pm UTC

_infina_ wrote:SRV records will soon be available.https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/227691430854922240

What's SRV? xD

_infina_

Postby _infina_ » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:55 pm UTC

halgdp wrote:What's SRV? xD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SRV_record
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

wam

Postby wam » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:25 pm UTC

Someone died at monkeys spawner I collected all their stuff and put it in a chest.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Josephine

Postby Josephine » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:41 am UTC

that would be me, thank you for that.
Belial wrote:Listen, what I'm saying is that he committed a felony with a zoo animal.

walkerm930

Postby walkerm930 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:48 am UTC

_infina_ wrote:

So that means that we won't have to guess ports anymore? and host our servers on other hosts easily? with the "_minecraft" service?
Why do I not seem as happy as dinnerbone?

Forgive me if I have guessed wrong from what I have learned from the internet in the last ten minutes.
In the gospel according to trig there are 3 primary rules: sin θ = x/h , cos θ = y/h and tan θ = x/y. These rules are not open to interpretation and are to be treated as law.

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:14 am UTC

Spoiler:

This is the area I want to claim for my Tarzan mode Building.

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:01 am UTC

Which house is the City hall? Is it the house with the gigantic treasure?

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:19 am UTC

walkerm930 wrote:
_infina_ wrote:

So that means that we won't have to guess ports anymore? and host our servers on other hosts easily? with the "_minecraft" service?
Why do I not seem as happy as dinnerbone?

Forgive me if I have guessed wrong from what I have learned from the internet in the last ten minutes.

I might be missing stuff, but I guess it means you can join a server with just a standard URL like "mc.reddit.com" or something. Not huge, but probably still a great convenience.

halgdp wrote:Which house is the City hall? Is it the house with the gigantic treasure?

It's the one on the west road, past the cathedral, at the very end. Big building with a dome on top.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:21 pm UTC

This really is a spoiler for those who want to solve the End Portal Code by themself.

Spoiler:
JakeStiles figured out what the ciphered words would be:
Pigsy Cathedral
City Hall
Town center
Airstrip
Cylinder
Connect, and go near the fungal house.

I and ChrisPkale tried to solve it with X-ray... There's just to many caves for it around.
The average for the coords was about: x:-16335 z:-7640...
We figured out nothing out of it... If you look at the map and go from the cathedral and so on. You get a S or 5... We didn't figure it out. :(

Kain

Postby Kain » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:29 pm UTC

Okay, so I think I figured out what was confusing me about that first clue:

Spoiler:
If I am correct, its solution was "5, now go to the listed next place to find the next number".
I am assuming this, because I found the clue that yielded "2, now go to the aircraft carrier" on accident... (I couldn't figure out how to approach that problem, so I solved for four, five and six terms and saw that it seemed to approach a limit)
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:11 pm UTC

One of these days, meaning most likely never, I'm going to design one of these things based purely upon knowledge of Early American Literature and Critical Theory.

Kain

Postby Kain » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:14 pm UTC

Jahoclave wrote:One of these days, meaning most likely never, I'm going to design one of these things based purely upon knowledge of Early American Literature and Critical Theory.

Do it once we have access to written books! That would be entirely awesome!

(Also, using books would mean that the clues would not show up in the Tectonicus Map).
Look, you know it's serious when a bunch of people in full armor and gear come charging in to fight a pond of chickens - Steax

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:30 pm UTC

halgdp, you should definitely use the new sideways logs in your course!
Spoiler:

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:55 pm UTC

Kain wrote:
Jahoclave wrote:One of these days, meaning most likely never, I'm going to design one of these things based purely upon knowledge of Early American Literature and Critical Theory.

Do it once we have access to written books! That would be entirely awesome!

(Also, using books would mean that the clues would not show up in the Tectonicus Map).

Well, mayhaps I start playing more once I am in China, but I've kind of developed a goal to play less video games for awhile. Which, I would like to point out, is entirely unrelated to my getting in better shape, that's actually so I can eat whatever I want and sleep better at night.

However, this will give you time to read all the Early American lit and likely theorists with association to the Frankfurt School, along with Foucault. There will be Foucault. There is always Foucault.

Also, solving my riddles will come with a complementary stay in the Brand New Narnia Arms, which may or may not be completed in time.

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:59 am UTC

Magnanimous wrote:halgdp, you should definitely use the new sideways logs in your course!
Spoiler:

I sure will! When I first saw Docm77's video I actually thought that if you cut down a tree it'd fell. Thought that would've been awesome for jungles. xD
But ya, I'll play around with those logs. =)
I'm not going to be able to play from this saturday until one week later on the monday. But after that monday I can't play for another week... The first week is because of a really fun play camp (with instruments, not sports =P).
The second because of going to Spain in order to swim. =P

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:47 am UTC

It's decided! It's final name will be...

Spoiler:

Ape's Nest! Dun dun duuuuun! 8-)

(It's not done yet, not until 1.3 is out (which probably means 2 weeks after the release) since I want some rotated logs
in the walls.)

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:49 pm UTC

I keep expecting you to put a roof on that. I think mainly because the St. Louis Zoo has an Ape House with a roof.

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:36 pm UTC

Jahoclave wrote:I keep expecting you to put a roof on that. I think mainly because the St. Louis Zoo has an Ape House with a roof.

Nah, I'm pretty sure I won't put a roof on it. It's a pretty cool effect when almost standing on the entrance and looking towards the other side of the building. How the building has curves and such. I like that. =)

EDIT: And it's not a zoo. =P

bluejello

Postby bluejello » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:00 am UTC

I feel like making a iron farm, because science. time to attempt at making my villagers produce more villagers, and try not to kill them. should be doable.
Generic comment about SCIENCE! or !!FUN!!

Snark

Postby Snark » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:19 am UTC

bluejello wrote:I feel like making a iron farm, because science. time to attempt at making my villagers produce more villagers, and try not to kill them. should be doable.
Because science for those who've never seen it.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

Xerillum

Postby Xerillum » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:29 pm UTC

Apparently minecraft will include scripting soon: https://twitter.com/jeb_/status/228829830731427840

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:40 pm UTC

He said "Commands", so I guess that lets you do stuff like set the player gamemode, or give them items, or even kill them instantly.

... Now that'd be interesting.

bluejello

Postby bluejello » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:51 pm UTC

I think it will be more along the lines of on input output x where x can be five pulses of Redstone signal

I hope not when recieve input output death of player, that would be abused so hard on some servers.

it can do give item to player, so it is player commands intended for adventure maps and not a craft able block.
Generic comment about SCIENCE! or !!FUN!!

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:17 pm UTC

It's still pretty weakly enforced if redstone dust can be destroyed by approximately everything except spider tap dancing.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:55 pm UTC

Steax wrote:It's still pretty weakly enforced if redstone dust can be destroyed by approximately everything except spider tap dancing.

Which, if Spiders could tap dance for shit it probably would. Honestly, you'd think with 8 legs they'd be better at it.

Snark

Postby Snark » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:32 am UTC

Downloaded Technic tonight. It is quite fun. Have an error where vanilla mobs spawn alongside the new ones, but other than that, it's been smooth sailing.

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:18 am UTC

Uhm. I'm gonna be gone for about a week. So... Hope you don't miss me! =P

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:33 am UTC

Concerning Technic:

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make my refinery work. I've watched a ton of videos and checked the wiki, yet nothing can clue me in. Can someone help me troubleshoot my setup or tell me how yours is set up?

If you wish to troubleshoot, the description of my setup is as follows: 1 refinery, which I am able to pump oil into, but not get fuel to come out of. 2 combustion engines, both pointing at refinery, supplied with oil and water, and pumping. 1 wood waterproof pipe powered by redstone engine as the would-be output for the fuel produced from the refinery. Cobble waterproof pipes leading away and connected to the wood pipe. Everything seems to get stopped at the refinery - it will accept oil but will not output fuel. I also have no idea what the 3 boxes are for that I see when I right click the refinery.

Thanks!

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:41 pm UTC

I'm assuming your cobblestone pipe leads to a set of tanks. are your combustion engines running? they need a redstone signal in addition to fuel and water.

the right-click menu is to limit specific liquids into specific spots in the refinery. don't worry about it much; you don't need it for anything, in my experience.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:44 pm UTC

eculc wrote:I'm assuming your cobblestone pipe leads to a set of tanks. are your combustion engines running? they need a redstone signal in addition to fuel and water.

the right-click menu is to limit specific liquids into specific spots in the refinery. don't worry about it much; you don't need it for anything, in my experience.

The engines are running. I have levers next to them. Forgot to mention that. Still haven't tried the conductive pipe method.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:52 pm UTC

don't know then. a screenshot might help.
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

Snark

Postby Snark » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:59 pm UTC

I got it to work. But even with 3 combustion engines running, it was as slow as Christmas. Fuel is 7.5x as effective as oil, but I don't think I was getting enough to justify producing it. Oh well. Guess my combustion engines will have to just eat oil. Thanks for the help.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:32 am UTC

yeah, it's a lot of work to get it running smoothly.

for anyone interested in how to do mod stuff from mods that are in the technic pack (some mods are included, other mods are not, and there are also some mods that aren't in the pack) check out Direwolf20's Let's play minecraft. he's very in-depth about explaining how to get mod stuff working and getting you on your way to doing fun things.

Kain

Postby Kain » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:43 am UTC

Okay, so not only does netherwart grow in the overworld in 1.3, it grows rather well. Strangely, direct sunlight seems to be precisely what these mushrooms need to flourish.

Melic

Postby Melic » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:47 pm UTC

will netherwort spread like regular mushrooms in 1.3?
They call me Mr. Piman

Return to “Gaming”