Minecraft

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

_infina_

Re: Minecraft

Postby _infina_ » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:36 am UTC

I have just noticed a giant wool missle pointing straight at the city center.

Also, Josephine, did you remove your buildings?
Attachments
2012-09-11_22.34.11.png
Spoiler:
keozen wrote:It took us exactly 3 pages to turn a discussion of a loved children's book series into smut...
TheGrammarBolshevik wrote:Only if your friends know what rhino dong smells like.

Malo mbwa mwitu

Roosevelt
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Roosevelt » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:32 am UTC

Someone's cruise-missilin' for an economic-sanctionin'.

And it's "I Wanna be the Steve[?]"

It's okay to use parenthesis instead, but the question mark is VERY important.

Meem1029

Postby Meem1029 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:45 am UTC

This brings up an important question. When abbreviating, is plain IWBTS acceptable, or does it require IWBTS[?]?
cjmcjmcjmcjm wrote:If it can't be done in an 80x24 terminal, it's not worth doing

Roosevelt
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Roosevelt » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:56 am UTC

Either is acceptable.

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:00 am UTC

I logged out in the Nether, and when I logged back in I'd ended up about ten blocks lower in solid lava. Weird. (And hooray for diamond armor.)

jestingrabbit
Factoids are just Datas that haven't grown up yet

Postby jestingrabbit » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:15 am UTC

I'm pretty sure the missile is meant to be a candy corn.

I was on earlier with josephine and she deliberately removed her house.
ameretrifle wrote:Magic space feudalism is therefore a viable idea.

Melic

Postby Melic » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:12 pm UTC

_infina_ wrote:I have just noticed a giant wool missle pointing straight at the city center.

Yes its supose to be candy corn, wallmart started selling candy corn and i was bored, its made out of wool so when november rolls around (or someone gets anoyed by it) it can just be burned for easy clean up.
They call me Mr. Piman

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:21 pm UTC

I thought it was the hypothetical planned dong.
In Minecraft, I use the username Rirez.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:02 pm UTC

Steax wrote:I thought it was the hypothetical planned dong.

Has to be solid gold blocks. And hidden redstone wiring and pistons, of course.

I'm fine with a wool test-run, I suppose.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Melic

Postby Melic » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:04 pm UTC

Unless its candy corn then no wireing or gold blocks are required.
Last edited by Melic on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:55 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
They call me Mr. Piman

bluejello

Postby bluejello » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:09 pm UTC

but it can still be recommended right?

MaFraL wrote:Deathtraps? Where might I find those? Are they related to the end portal segments?

Also, does anyone know when people can start getting white listed again?

The IWTBS is not related with the end portal segments. On the map it is in the city to the northeast of pandora city. Look for a half slab fountain like structure in the middle of a clearing on a small hill. Place your items in the chests provided and go down the water. You WILL die many times.
Last edited by bluejello on Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:30 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Generic comment about SCIENCE! or !!FUN!!

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:51 pm UTC

I feel obligated to try now.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:16 pm UTC

Is Monkey's spawner down for maintenance or something? I went afk for an hour and only got one stack of gunpowder.

wam

Postby wam » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:01 pm UTC

Magnanimous wrote:Is Monkey's spawner down for maintenance or something? I went afk for an hour and only got one stack of gunpowder.

The clock gets stuck occasionally you have to press the button next to the lever to reset it. But it was working 2 days ago for me.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Alder

Postby Alder » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:11 pm UTC

wam wrote:
Magnanimous wrote:Is Monkey's spawner down for maintenance or something? I went afk for an hour and only got one stack of gunpowder.

The clock gets stuck occasionally you have to press the button next to the lever to reset it. But it was working 2 days ago for me.
I'm curious about the clock-using-gunpowder farming thing... Are there any pictures or other information in the thread, or could someone explain how it works?
Plasma Man wrote:I might have to get rid of some of my breadbins.

Kulantan wrote:I feel a great disturbance in the Fora, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and then kinda trailed off to a grumble.

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:15 pm UTC

Alrighty guys! =P
After the unfortunate extra ordinary fail of removing the world with the model for Ape's nest, I've recovered and rebuilt it as good as I could.
I'm fiddling with decoration of the huge walls now.
Please tell me which one of these I should use.

This
Spoiler:

Or
Spoiler:

This

Xanthir
My HERO!!!

Postby Xanthir » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:27 pm UTC

First one. The second one looks like a squid.
(defun fibs (n &optional (a 1) (b 1)) (take n (unfold '+ a b)))

Snark

Postby Snark » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:28 pm UTC

Second one. First one looks like a banana peel.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:23 pm UTC

Snark wrote:Second one. First one looks like a banana peel.

Lol... Both of them are peels... -_-'
But I kinda agree, the second one looks stupid/weird but the first is almost boring. =I

Snark

Postby Snark » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:26 pm UTC

halgdp wrote:
Snark wrote:Second one. First one looks like a banana peel.

Lol... Both of them are peels... -_-'
But I kinda agree, the second one looks stupid/weird but the first is almost boring. =I

Thus the joke. Second one does not look stupid.
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:44 pm UTC

On the other wall, I'm gonna put this monkey. I'm sure of the design, so I think I'll go with it. I'm just not sure what
materials to use as the colors... I'm dwindling between the spruce logs and the brown wool as the darkest brown...
And if you're wondering I made these myself in paint. =P

Spoiler:

wam

Postby wam » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:28 pm UTC

Erm just so everyone is aware something glitched at the spawner and its now broken. I don't have time to fix it now (I died and spawned at my house). If I get a chance I will fix it tomorrow unless someone gets there first.
Come join us playing mafia signup here

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:29 am UTC

If my vote counts, I preferred the second one.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:30 am UTC

Alder wrote:
wam wrote:

I'm curious about the clock-using-gunpowder farming thing... Are there any pictures or other information in the thread, or could someone explain how it works?

Wizardry.

A large stack of mob spawning zones, and then every so often the clock goes off and flushes everything down a center death-star-esque hole, where they all get funneled into one lava knife of ultimate death, and we collect the items.

Fractangle

Postby Fractangle » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:23 am UTC

halgdp wrote:Alrighty guys! =P
After the unfortunate extra ordinary fail of removing the world with the model for Ape's nest, I've recovered and rebuilt it as good as I could.
I'm fiddling with decoration of the huge walls now.
Please tell me which one of these I should use.

This
(snip)
Or
(snip)
This

The second one has so much more character to it! I definitely vote the 2nd.

On the subject of the gunpowder and mob grinder and such, why does it pile up a bunch of mobs and then kill them all at once? Wouldn't it be less laggy to just kill them as they spawn?

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:42 am UTC

Monkey's spawned is seriously old-school and relies on very basic mechanisms like mobs being flushed and long-term clocks. There are faster ones, like what roos is making in the nether, which rely on a bit more specific mob spawning behavior and ensuring there are no other spawn areas. Building one in the overworld is a much bigger challenge. Anyone up? :p

Roosevelt
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Roosevelt » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:59 am UTC

Steax wrote:Monkey's spawned is seriously old-school and relies on very basic mechanisms like mobs being flushed and long-term clocks. There are faster ones, like what roos is making in the nether, which rely on a bit more specific mob spawning behavior and ensuring there are no other spawn areas. Building one in the overworld is a much bigger challenge. Anyone up? :p

Shouldn't be that hard to make one out in the ocean. Depending on if they've altered spawn behavior, you could even just do it up in the sky.

bluejello

Postby bluejello » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:15 pm UTC

Steax wrote:Monkey's spawned is seriously old-school and relies on very basic mechanisms like mobs being flushed and long-term clocks. There are faster ones, like what roos is making in the nether, which rely on a bit more specific mob spawning behavior and ensuring there are no other spawn areas. Building one in the overworld is a much bigger challenge. Anyone up? :p

I had a idea of four or so towers around a central platform, from max height to as low as the world goes, and then some water mobovaters to lift them up high enough to damage them enough to hit then once to kill them, possibly with a switch to remove the drop.
(platform is close to the normal ground level, to keep mobs from despawning down below.

Melic

Postby Melic » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:26 pm UTC

bluejello wrote:

I had a idea of four or so towers around a central platform, from max height to as low as the world goes, and then some water mobovaters to lift them up high enough to damage them enough to hit then once to kill them, possibly with a switch to remove the drop.
(platform is close to the normal ground level, to keep mobs from despawning down below.
I believe in 1.4 the amount of xp you get is calculated by how much damage you do. If it was easy, some kind of seperator that put creepers and spiders on one side and zombies and skellies on the other then throwing pots should still be pretty quick.
They call me Mr. Piman

bluejello

Postby bluejello » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:47 pm UTC

yes, hence the option to remove the drop damage.

some sceince will need to be done for a separation device. Doors+sunlight would work for zombies and skellies, but may be hard to set up to reduce damage done to the enemies... I wonder, will a damage pot used on a undead increase the exp it gives? if you damaged it before.

Melic

Postby Melic » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:44 pm UTC

could you set up a villager behind a door whith a pit fall on the outside, zombies would go toward the door then fall in a hole.
They call me Mr. Piman

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:28 pm UTC

I remember seeing a video a while ago (1.8.something) that had a device that separated out creepers and skeletons from general mob spawns as part of creating a record farm. I'll look and see if I can find the video at some point.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

bluejello

Postby bluejello » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:53 pm UTC

Melic wrote:could you set up a villager behind a door whith a pit fall on the outside, zombies would go toward the door then fall in a hole.

I know that etho did attempt at doing this, but did not succeed... I think I will try some SCIENCE right now.

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:45 am UTC

I vote that our big project is to make a new mob farm disguised as a castle.

Steax
SecondTalon's Goon Squad

Postby Steax » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:51 am UTC

I say we just go all-out and make a legitimate castle complete with secret corridors, dungeons, towers and whatever.

Snark

Postby Snark » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:36 am UTC

Steax wrote:I say we just go all-out and make a legitimate castle complete with secret corridors, dungeons, towers and whatever.

Can we get a supply of moss stone, chiseled stone, and other cool blocks from mods?

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:36 pm UTC

Sure. I'll put some chests full of the stuff in my Nethertower mines.

So, adventure 1 - find my Nethertower/Library of the Damned that leads to a cloud walk that leads to a sky temple/castle/I haven't decided yet.

It's not a very hard adventure.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

halgdp

Postby halgdp » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:48 pm UTC

Melic wrote:I believe in 1.4 the amount of xp you get is calculated by how much damage you do. If it was easy, some kind of seperator that put creepers and spiders on one side and zombies and skellies on the other then throwing pots should still be pretty quick.

That's pretty much true I'd say.

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:20 am UTC

Roosevelt wrote:

Shouldn't be that hard to make one out in the ocean. Depending on if they've altered spawn behavior, you could even just do it up in the sky.

Well there is a partially dug largish hole the size of the largest possible size at the Narnia Bombing Range. You can notice it by the giant hole in the ground.

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:12 am UTC

Way back in the topic, but I was working on the mini-crater island thing (on creative at home, I'm not white-listed yet), and I really don't think they scale will look right much bigger than what I have it as, it'd just not a deep enough drop.
Spoiler:
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Return to “Gaming”