Portal 2 : Princess No-Knees 3 : Jump Harder

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

EvanED
Posts: 4331
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:28 am UTC
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Portal 2

Postby EvanED » Sun May 08, 2011 8:57 pm UTC

d0nk3y_k0n9 wrote:
BurningLed wrote:
Spoiler:
I've died to mashy-spike-plate before, so are you sure about that one?


Spoiler:
It can definitely still kill you, but if you keep track of which portal you've shot where and shoot the one that's under the excursion funnel, it'll place the other one there instead of having you fall to your death. They decided that dying there because you shoot the wrong portal would completely ruin the experience.

Spoiler:
Exactly. And the part where he kills you is similar. If you wait around for a bit on that platform, you will get some combination of crushed and impaled. But correct play is to put the blue portal under the dripping conversion gel, orange portal on the bare wall so the conversion gel gets to you, then blue portal under you on the gel so you go out the orange portal onto the catwalk below it. (Obviously if you reverse all the colors it works as well.) But if you place the orange portal under you, instead of winding up on the pillar under the dripping conversion gel, I'm nearly positive you pop out at the catwalk in the same place as if the game didn't correct you.

User avatar
cjdrum
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:51 am UTC
Location: BACK

Re: Portal 2

Postby cjdrum » Sun May 08, 2011 10:35 pm UTC

So, I was thinking...
Spoiler:
What happened to the vacuum funnels that were in the trailers? They were really cool...

But I guess that they probably became kind of redundant. They'd be used in one level to get rid of some turrets there, then anything else with them would just be that repeated...
:shock:

EvanED
Posts: 4331
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:28 am UTC
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Portal 2

Postby EvanED » Mon May 09, 2011 12:00 am UTC

There was a little talk of those (the "pneumatic diversity vent") on the Steam forums. IIRC someone quoted a Valve designer or two talking about how they couldn't figure out how to get a good variety of puzzles with them, and so just left them out. And not only would there not be that much to do with them, but the stuff you can do, the excursion funnel can do as well in almost the same manner.

They might make an appearance in some 3rd party levels though; we'll see.

User avatar
T3CHN0CR4T
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 9:54 am UTC
Location: Your Cupboard

Re: Portal 2

Postby T3CHN0CR4T » Mon May 09, 2011 12:01 am UTC

cjdrum wrote:So, I was thinking...
Spoiler:
What happened to the vacuum funnels that were in the trailers? They were really cool...

But I guess that they probably became kind of redundant. They'd be used in one level to get rid of some turrets there, then anything else with them would just be that repeated...


I was waiting for the first few hours for that and then I must have completely forgotten about it XD Maybe they'll include it in the DLC this summer.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Veni, Vidi, Vici

EvanED
Posts: 4331
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:28 am UTC
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Portal 2

Postby EvanED » Mon May 09, 2011 12:14 am UTC

EvanED wrote:And not only would there not be that much to do with them, but the stuff you can do, the excursion funnel can do as well in almost the same manner.

Actually that's not quite right, but close enough.

d0nk3y_k0n9
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:27 pm UTC

Re: Portal 2

Postby d0nk3y_k0n9 » Mon May 09, 2011 2:29 am UTC

EvanED wrote:
d0nk3y_k0n9 wrote:
BurningLed wrote:
Spoiler:
I've died to mashy-spike-plate before, so are you sure about that one?


Spoiler:
It can definitely still kill you, but if you keep track of which portal you've shot where and shoot the one that's under the excursion funnel, it'll place the other one there instead of having you fall to your death. They decided that dying there because you shoot the wrong portal would completely ruin the experience.

Spoiler:
Exactly. And the part where he kills you is similar. If you wait around for a bit on that platform, you will get some combination of crushed and impaled. But correct play is to put the blue portal under the dripping conversion gel, orange portal on the bare wall so the conversion gel gets to you, then blue portal under you on the gel so you go out the orange portal onto the catwalk below it. (Obviously if you reverse all the colors it works as well.) But if you place the orange portal under you, instead of winding up on the pillar under the dripping conversion gel, I'm nearly positive you pop out at the catwalk in the same place as if the game didn't correct you.


Spoiler:
You are correct. I tested this on a hunch earlier (I went back to do the achievement "Pit Boss") and it puts you on the catwalk regardless of which portal you place.

According to the developer commentary on the other one, it seems that they do this in places that aren't supposed to be puzzling, but instead are storyline moments where they don't want to ruin the immersion by killing you for putting the wrong portal. I think there are only 3 (The Part Where He Kills You, mashy-spike-plate, and the very end), but I'm not sure, as on my first playthrough I didn't know that they'd do that, so I always kept track of which portal was where.

User avatar
WarDaft
Posts: 1583
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:16 pm UTC

Re: Portal 2

Postby WarDaft » Mon May 09, 2011 12:59 pm UTC

The amount of dialogue easter eggs is actually pretty nice.
Spoiler:
In the part where he kills you.. he begs you to come back as you run off. If you do come back, it completely confuses him. Eventually he'll ask you to jump into the pit, and GLaDOS calls you an idiot for coming back. If you do jump into the pit, he's quite pleased with himself.

Where you use the excursion funnel to first clear some turrets and then cross a room, where he opens the spinny death wall, if you jump out of the excursion funnel before you get over the water but after he's started his dialogue that leads to the dramatic spinny death wall reveal, he gets flustered and asks you to try it again. You can do this 3 or 4 times before he gets mad and says he's not talking to you anymore until you do it properly. Also, I believe there's more to those dialogue segments than you can actually hear before you would get pushed into the spinny death wall.


That's all that I can remember right now.
All Shadow priest spells that deal Fire damage now appear green.
Big freaky cereal boxes of death.

User avatar
Menacing Spike
Posts: 2982
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm UTC
Location: Fighting the Zombie.

Re: Portal 2

Postby Menacing Spike » Mon May 09, 2011 1:27 pm UTC

WarDaft wrote:The amount of dialogue easter eggs is actually pretty nice.
Spoiler:
In the part where he kills you.. he begs you to come back as you run off. If you do come back, it completely confuses him. Eventually he'll ask you to jump into the pit, and GLaDOS calls you an idiot for coming back. If you do jump into the pit, he's quite pleased with himself.


That's all that I can remember right now.


Spoiler:
He goes on about your parents, handbags, ponies and boys-bands being in the pit.

User avatar
Felstaff
Occam's Taser
Posts: 5181
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:10 pm UTC
Location: ¢ ₪ ¿ ¶ § ∴ ® © ™ ؟ ¡ ‽ æ Þ ° ₰ ₤ ಡಢ

Re: Portal 2

Postby Felstaff » Mon May 09, 2011 1:50 pm UTC

Smashing the monitors (for the achievement) yields some hi-larious Merchantile responses, each getting more vexed and vexed.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

Technical Ben
Posts: 2986
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 10:42 pm UTC

Re: Portal 2

Postby Technical Ben » Mon May 09, 2011 2:10 pm UTC

At lest the entire game was not on rails like COD:BLOPS :wink:
It's all physics and stamp collecting.
It's not a particle or a wave. It's just an exchange.

User avatar
Menacing Spike
Posts: 2982
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:25 pm UTC
Location: Fighting the Zombie.

Re: Portal 2

Postby Menacing Spike » Mon May 09, 2011 2:15 pm UTC


User avatar
Levi
Posts: 1294
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:12 am UTC

Re: Portal 2

Postby Levi » Mon May 09, 2011 5:53 pm UTC

Technical Ben wrote:At lest the entire game was not on rails like COD:BLOPS :wink:

I assume the wink means you're being sarcastic? Because the game was pretty much made out of rails. You literally ride on a rail for the entire starting sequence.

User avatar
WarDaft
Posts: 1583
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:16 pm UTC

Re: Portal 2

Postby WarDaft » Mon May 09, 2011 6:40 pm UTC

You know, having long fall boots, you shouldn't really die from jumping down. But you can't really expect them to have that much content ready for something most people won't even do, so it's reasonable that you just die.
All Shadow priest spells that deal Fire damage now appear green.
Big freaky cereal boxes of death.

User avatar
Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen
Posts: 5101
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:12 am UTC
Location: C:\Users\Xeio\
Contact:

Re: Portal 2

Postby Xeio » Mon May 09, 2011 8:03 pm UTC

Levi wrote:
Technical Ben wrote:At lest the entire game was not on rails like COD:BLOPS :wink:
I assume the wink means you're being sarcastic? Because the game was pretty much made out of rails. You literally ride on a rail for the entire starting sequence.
Half life is pretty much like that too. It's always a weird complaint I think for most games, since most don't actually go for an open world feel.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26529
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Portal 2 : Princess No-Knees 3 : Jump Harder

Postby SecondTalon » Mon May 09, 2011 8:06 pm UTC

If you understand the new thread name, we should hang out.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Endless Mike
Posts: 3204
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:04 pm UTC

Re: Portal 2

Postby Endless Mike » Mon May 09, 2011 8:07 pm UTC

Some games are better at hiding it than others. The CoD games fall into the "bad" side of things. Enemies pop up in the exact same spots every single time. Whether that matters to how fun a game is is, of course, up for debate.

EDIT: I get it, though I've never actually played Narbacular Drop.

User avatar
WarDaft
Posts: 1583
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:16 pm UTC

Re: Portal 2

Postby WarDaft » Mon May 09, 2011 8:08 pm UTC

Personally, I don't even particularly like an open world feel, unless that's the entire point of the game, like Minecraft. If you try to have a huge open world and a significant story campaign, you'll almost certainly flounder on one, or both. Yes, I'm sure there are counterexamples, but not many.
All Shadow priest spells that deal Fire damage now appear green.
Big freaky cereal boxes of death.

User avatar
artifex
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 11:27 pm UTC
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Re: Portal 2

Postby artifex » Mon May 09, 2011 8:18 pm UTC

At the climactic last scene, I almost ran out of time because I wanted to hear more of the

Spoiler:
Fact Sphere's factoids.

For anyone who's interested, there's a complete transcription of the dialog for all three cores at http://pastebin.com/JjMD5qiH

A few selections:

Core 1: Space!
Core 1: Dad! I'm in space! [low-pitched 'space' voice] I'm proud of you, son. [normal voice] Dad, are you space? [low-pitched 'space' voice] Yes. Now we are a family again."

Core 3: In 1862, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation, freeing the slaves. Like everything he did, Lincoln freed the slaves while sleepwalking, and later had no memory of the event."
Core 3: At some point in their lives 1 in 6 children will be abducted by the Dutch."
Core 3: To make a photocopier, simply photocopy a mirror."

Core 2: Happy Explosion Day, gorgeous.


Also, I'm of the opinion that The Escapist's Wheatley's Song actually beats the game's ending song. All of the song's spoilers are in the video, so just listening to the audio shouldn't ruin anything for those (likely nonexistent) people who haven't yet finished the game.

User avatar
Kaelri
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:42 pm UTC
Location: York, New
Contact:

Re: Portal 2 : Princess No-Knees 3 : Jump Harder

Postby Kaelri » Mon May 09, 2011 10:33 pm UTC

Spoiler:
My personal favorite quote from the Fact Sphere:

"Edmund Hillary, the first person to climb Mount Everest, did so accidentally while chasing a bird."

User avatar
Levi
Posts: 1294
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:12 am UTC

Re: Portal 2

Postby Levi » Tue May 10, 2011 1:09 am UTC

artifex wrote:At the climactic last scene, I almost ran out of time because I wanted to hear more of the

Spoiler:
Fact Sphere's factoids.

For anyone who's interested, there's a complete transcription of the dialog for all three cores at http://pastebin.com/JjMD5qiH

A few selections:

Core 1: Space!
Core 1: Dad! I'm in space! [low-pitched 'space' voice] I'm proud of you, son. [normal voice] Dad, are you space? [low-pitched 'space' voice] Yes. Now we are a family again."

Core 3: In 1862, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation, freeing the slaves. Like everything he did, Lincoln freed the slaves while sleepwalking, and later had no memory of the event."
Core 3: At some point in their lives 1 in 6 children will be abducted by the Dutch."
Core 3: To make a photocopier, simply photocopy a mirror."

Core 2: Happy Explosion Day, gorgeous.


Also, I'm of the opinion that The Escapist's Wheatley's Song actually beats the game's ending song. All of the song's spoilers are in the video, so just listening to the audio shouldn't ruin anything for those (likely nonexistent) people who haven't yet finished the game.

I'm not sure how I feel about the credits song. I guess I'd have to say that it was a poor choice because it really didn't have any punch at all. It sounds okay, though.

User avatar
BurningLed
Posts: 561
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:42 pm UTC

Re: Portal 2

Postby BurningLed » Tue May 10, 2011 10:52 am UTC

Levi wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about the credits song. I guess I'd have to say that it was a poor choice because it really didn't have any punch at all. It sounds okay, though.


I liked it quite a bit, actually. It wasn't quite as memetic as Still Alive, but it was at least a bit heartwarming at [REDACTED]. Definitely feels like a wrap-it-up song.

Spoiler:
And anything it lacks is definitely made up for by the turret opera.
Axman wrote:Some people blow their cash on watches that they show off to people who think said watches make a person cool. Some people spend a weekend buying everyone fake gifts in a game of make-believe.
I think the latter group is awesome.

User avatar
SlyReaper
inflatable
Posts: 8015
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:09 pm UTC
Location: Bristol, Old Blighty

Re: Portal 2 : Princess No-Knees 3 : Jump Harder

Postby SlyReaper » Tue May 10, 2011 11:11 am UTC

I predict that more people will memorise the words of the
Spoiler:
turret opera
than the ending song.
Image
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

User avatar
Jesse
Vocal Terrorist
Posts: 8635
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:33 pm UTC
Location: Basingstoke, England.
Contact:

Re: Portal 2 : Princess No-Knees 3 : Jump Harder

Postby Jesse » Tue May 10, 2011 11:30 am UTC

SlyReaper wrote:I predict that more people will memorise the words of the
Spoiler:
turret opera
than the ending song.


I disagree, given that after only hearing it twice I actually woke up the next morning with the ending song stuck in my head. I may be an outlier however, as I have a habit of being able to recall the words to songs I've only heard a couple times.

User avatar
WarDaft
Posts: 1583
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:16 pm UTC

Re: Portal 2 : Princess No-Knees 3 : Jump Harder

Postby WarDaft » Tue May 10, 2011 11:39 am UTC

I don't even remember the tune of it. I can remember bits of the ending song, but I've simply had less exposure to it than to Still Alive.
All Shadow priest spells that deal Fire damage now appear green.
Big freaky cereal boxes of death.

User avatar
KrazyerKate
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:04 pm UTC

Re: Portal 2

Postby KrazyerKate » Tue May 10, 2011 12:28 pm UTC

artifex wrote:At the climactic last scene, I almost ran out of time because I wanted to hear more of the

Spoiler:
Fact Sphere's factoids.

For anyone who's interested, there's a complete transcription of the dialog for all three cores at http://pastebin.com/JjMD5qiH

A few selections:

Core 1: Space!
Core 1: Dad! I'm in space! [low-pitched 'space' voice] I'm proud of you, son. [normal voice] Dad, are you space? [low-pitched 'space' voice] Yes. Now we are a family again."

Core 3: In 1862, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation, freeing the slaves. Like everything he did, Lincoln freed the slaves while sleepwalking, and later had no memory of the event."
Core 3: At some point in their lives 1 in 6 children will be abducted by the Dutch."
Core 3: To make a photocopier, simply photocopy a mirror."

Core 2: Happy Explosion Day, gorgeous.

I hate to void all the work you did to put those together, but it's all on youtube already.

User avatar
Endless Mike
Posts: 3204
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:04 pm UTC

Re: Portal 2 : Princess No-Knees 3 : Jump Harder

Postby Endless Mike » Tue May 10, 2011 1:23 pm UTC

I actually prefer the ending song to Still Alive.

User avatar
emceng
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: State of Hockey
Contact:

Re: Portal 2 : Princess No-Knees 3 : Jump Harder

Postby emceng » Tue May 10, 2011 1:40 pm UTC

I didn't think the ending song was nearly as memorable as Still Alive. I replayed the end of Portal a few times to hear Still Alive, then immediately went online to find a download of it. I can't remember any of the 2 ending song.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7573
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Portal 2 : Princess No-Knees 3 : Jump Harder

Postby phlip » Tue May 10, 2011 1:45 pm UTC

The new ending song was not as immediately grabbing for me as Still Alive was, but I think a large part of that is that the song was so unexpected at the end of Portal 1... that there'd be a song over the credits in Portal 2 was much less surprising.
Spoiler:
The turret song, on the other hand, was very surprising, and had me laughing throughout.

On repeated listening, though, it's growing on me.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

ProZac
Posts: 891
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 3:57 pm UTC

Re: Portal 2 : Princess No-Knees 3 : Jump Harder

Postby ProZac » Tue May 10, 2011 1:58 pm UTC

When I saw the turret opera, I spent most of my time thinking "What is this and why am I watching it? This makes no sense." While that train of thought can sometimes be good... it wasn't for that. As or the actual ending song, as phlip said, knowing it would be there probably lessened it's significance, but I also felt like it seemed more forced this time. They should have done another Cave Johnson monologue or some such. The game could have ended with a perfect "We're done here people".

User avatar
psion
Posts: 1089
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:33 am UTC

Re: Portal 2 : Princess No-Knees 3 : Jump Harder

Postby psion » Tue May 10, 2011 2:11 pm UTC

ProZac wrote:When I saw the turret opera, I spent most of my time thinking "What is this and why am I watching it? This makes no sense." While that train of thought can sometimes be good... it wasn't for that. As or the actual ending song, as phlip said, knowing it would be there probably lessened it's significance, but I also felt like it seemed more forced this time. They should have done another Cave Johnson monologue or some such. The game could have ended with a perfect "We're done here people".

Ellen McLain, the voice actress for GLaDOS, is an opera singer. They let her sing opera in a quirky way for the game. I rather liked it, though I wish it was longer.

User avatar
rrwoods
Posts: 1509
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:57 pm UTC
Location: US

Re: Portal 2 : Princess No-Knees 3 : Jump Harder

Postby rrwoods » Tue May 10, 2011 2:48 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:If you understand the new thread name, we should hang out.

On the other hand, if you don't understand the new thread name... tsk tsk, know your roots.
31/M/taken/US
age/gender/interest/country

Belial wrote:The sex card is tournament legal. And I am tapping it for, like, six mana.

Cecilff2
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:10 pm UTC

Re: Portal 2

Postby Cecilff2 » Tue May 10, 2011 3:16 pm UTC

WarDaft wrote:You know, having long fall boots, you shouldn't really die from jumping down. But you can't really expect them to have that much content ready for something most people won't even do, so it's reasonable that you just die.


They probably count it as a death because
Spoiler:
You won't be able to get back up before the reactor explodes

User avatar
Goldstein
Posts: 985
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: Newcastle, UK

Re: Portal 2 : Princess No-Knees 3 : Jump Harder

Postby Goldstein » Tue May 10, 2011 3:20 pm UTC

That's not thinking with portals, Cecilff2.

But surely you'd die because it's an incredibly long drop. Screw those bits of metal on the backs of your legs.
Chuff wrote:I write most of my letters from the bottom

User avatar
The Scyphozoa
Posts: 2871
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:33 pm UTC
Location: Sector 5

Re: Portal 2 : Princess No-Knees 3 : Jump Harder

Postby The Scyphozoa » Tue May 10, 2011 3:23 pm UTC

Goldstein wrote:That's not thinking with portals, Cecilff2.

But surely you'd die because it's an incredibly long drop. Screw those bits of metal on the backs of your legs.

The long fall boots can protect you at terminal velocity, so you would still be fine as long as you don't fall in a vacuum.
Image
3rdtry wrote:If there ever is another World War, I hope they at least have the decency to call it "World War 2: Episode One"

doogly wrote:murder is a subset of being mean

Cecilff2
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:10 pm UTC

Re: Portal 2 : Princess No-Knees 3 : Jump Harder

Postby Cecilff2 » Tue May 10, 2011 3:25 pm UTC

Goldstein wrote:But surely you'd die because it's an incredibly long drop. Screw those bits of metal on the backs of your legs.


Spoiler:
Did you play the game? Not to mention you can achieve terminal velocity with portals and survive that fall too.

User avatar
Goldstein
Posts: 985
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:38 pm UTC
Location: Newcastle, UK

Re: Portal 2 : Princess No-Knees 3 : Jump Harder

Postby Goldstein » Tue May 10, 2011 5:15 pm UTC

Both excellent points. You've found the secret alternate ending.
Chuff wrote:I write most of my letters from the bottom

User avatar
AvatarIII
Posts: 2098
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:28 pm UTC
Location: W.Sussex, UK

Re: Portal 2

Postby AvatarIII » Tue May 10, 2011 8:05 pm UTC

Cecilff2 wrote:
WarDaft wrote:You know, having long fall boots, you shouldn't really die from jumping down. But you can't really expect them to have that much content ready for something most people won't even do, so it's reasonable that you just die.


They probably count it as a death because
Spoiler:
You won't be able to get back up before the reactor explodes



not if you had at least one active portal, and you fell somewhere with a portalable surface.

Technical Ben
Posts: 2986
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 10:42 pm UTC

Re: Portal 2 : Princess No-Knees 3 : Jump Harder

Postby Technical Ben » Tue May 10, 2011 11:49 pm UTC

psion wrote:
ProZac wrote:When I saw the turret opera, I spent most of my time thinking "What is this and why am I watching it? This makes no sense." While that train of thought can sometimes be good... it wasn't for that. As or the actual ending song, as phlip said, knowing it would be there probably lessened it's significance, but I also felt like it seemed more forced this time. They should have done another Cave Johnson monologue or some such. The game could have ended with a perfect "We're done here people".

Ellen McLain, the voice actress for GLaDOS, is an opera singer. They let her sing opera in a quirky way for the game. I rather liked it, though I wish it was longer.


A Cave Johnson song, or even both singing, would have been great. It would be rather spoken word I guess, but that fits the Portal 1 theme wonderfully.
It's all physics and stamp collecting.
It's not a particle or a wave. It's just an exchange.

Stellazira
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:17 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Portal 2 : Princess No-Knees 3 : Jump Harder

Postby Stellazira » Wed May 11, 2011 1:59 am UTC

I played through a large chunk of co-op today with a friend. I can't really imagine playing this game without a friend. :lol:

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7573
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Portal 2 : Princess No-Knees 3 : Jump Harder

Postby phlip » Wed May 11, 2011 2:08 am UTC

psion wrote:Ellen McLain, the voice actress for GLaDOS, is an opera singer. They let her sing opera in a quirky way for the game. I rather liked it, though I wish it was longer.

Agreed, though I wish more that it was a separate music file, rather than being mixed down into the cutscene... I wanted to get a clean version of the song for general music-listening type action, but it only exists in the game already mixed with turret aiming noises and elevator sounds...

I guess I'll have to wait and hope Valve puts out some sort of soundtrack, like they did with P1, and hope that a clean version of the song is on it.

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]


Return to “Gaming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests