Cod Blops Deuce

Of the Tabletop, and other, lesser varieties.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

F117Landers

Cod Blops Deuce

Postby F117Landers » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:48 am UTC

Quite frankly, I'm surprised that this thread didn't already exist.

Here is the trailer

Managed to play a little. They cleaned up the menus at least. Feels a lot like MW3 combined with BF2142. Anyone else have some thoughts on it?

I have improved your title. Pray I do not improve it further - ST

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Re: Cod Blops Deuce

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:32 am UTC

It's a Call of Duty game. Aren't they now the Madden of the FPS genre? What is there to say?

... also, in case there's any confusion, this is the Call of Duty : Black Ops 2 thread.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:37 pm UTC

I suppose I can say that since I've heard the FAMAS is no longer a weapon in the game, I can't put duct tape over the cover and sharpie in "Call of Duty: Ghost-Silenced-Famas ops 2"

Other than that, Pretty much what ST said.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

F117Landers

Postby F117Landers » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:06 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:It's a Call of Duty game. Aren't they now the Madden of the FPS genre? What is there to say?

eculc wrote:I suppose I can say that since I've heard the FAMAS is no longer a weapon in the game, I can't put duct tape over the cover and sharpie in "Call of Duty: Ghost-Silenced-Famas ops 2"

Other than that, Pretty much what ST said.

I'm glad the kept the FAL in. It doesn't feel fun though, so I think I may go back to BF3.

F117Landers wrote:I have improved your title. Pray I do not improve it further - ST

I laughed when I saw the change. Much better.

karpmage

Postby karpmage » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:02 am UTC

I don't like what they've done with demolition, and the lag comp is terrible at the moment, but that can be fixed. Also, the submachine guns are op, and the shotguns aren't that great... Other than that though, really enjoying this game. Bought the hardened edition at a midnight release when it came out.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:07 pm UTC

from what I've heard from friends, the game becomes much more fun when you stop taking it too seriously...He said something about running around with a golden knife stabbing people in the throat, which I admit sounds like fun. I haven't bought the game, but it's starting to sound better than past CoD...then again, so did MW3 when it first came out and now everyone thinks it's a clusterfuck of horrible gameplay, so I'm still waiting.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

F117Landers

Postby F117Landers » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:44 pm UTC

eculc wrote:from what I've heard from friends, the game becomes much more fun when you stop taking it too seriously...He said something about running around with a golden knife stabbing people in the throat, which I admit sounds like fun. I haven't bought the game, but it's starting to sound better than past CoD...then again, so did MW3 when it first came out and now everyone thinks it's a clusterfuck of horrible gameplay, so I'm still waiting.

That's how I've started playing most shooters now. Especially BF3 on Gun Game.

Ixtellor
There are like 4 posters on XKCD that no more about ...

CoD: Black Ops 2

Postby Ixtellor » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:12 pm UTC

(did a search, no topic other than on black ops 1 that was all about advertising)

1) Anyone else play black ops 2?
2) Why are shooters unpopular on XKCD?
3) (note I only care about multiplayer) I started playing this game a lot and just this weekend had a perfect FFA game 30-0. I currently have a lifetime 1.68 K/D (5200 kills)--- but most of that was due to caputuring flags on Hardcore which is quite deadly.

4) I consider it to be the 3rd greatest shooter all time behind CounterStrike and CoD 4 Modern Warfare. The pick 10 is a really good system and all the rewards/tags/emblems give the game longevity and a reason to keep playing.
5) Like most anon multiplayer games, there is a lot of rage and racism = universal mute of other players for me.
The Revolution will not be Twitterized.

Return to “Gaming”