Heroes! (No spoiler tags for episodes already aired in US)

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

mosc
Doesn't care what you think.

Re: Heroes! (No spoiler tags for episodes already aired in US)

Postby mosc » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:40 pm UTC

knight427 wrote:
Aikanaro wrote:Incidentally, I'm also hoping against hope that Sylar just STARTED cutting Elle's head, but didn't actually kill her....I know, it's stupid, but I can dream, right? There's definitely not enough female eye candy on this show now, if she's dead......

I'm not sure he killed her. It seemed like he was shocked by something once the tick-tock started...perhaps he noticed a little Sylar growing in Elle's body.

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

knight427
Worshipful Sycophant

Postby knight427 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:00 am UTC

mosc wrote:
knight427 wrote:I'm not sure he killed her. It seemed like he was shocked by something once the tick-tock started...perhaps he noticed a little Sylar growing in Elle's body.

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner.

I guess not.

I also thought at the end that his dad was going to give the huge face scar (even though I previously thought Hiro did it with his sword).

Anyway, so I assume the catalyst dies with Aurthur, leaving only one batch of the formula? Is this now the only way for Peter to get his powers back? Because if so, there's no way he can justify doing that without contradicting his stand against Nathan. The show might be slightly more interesting if Peter never gets his powers back.
knight427

If you GIVE a zombie a fish, you will feed him for minute.
If you TEACH a zombie to fish, he will be munching on you for hours.

sugarhyped

Postby sugarhyped » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:06 am UTC

If Hiro is really stuck in the past for good then there should be a 40-ish year old Hiro existing in the future.
I doubt they'd think that but if they do that is awesome.

I really hate Nathan and Tracy and want them to die. Sucks because I liked Niki and wanted her to live.

One thing I am not sure about is was that Arthur that stole Hiro's powers past Arthur or current Arthur because if he was past Arthur he'd know that he had the catalyst the whole time but if it was now Arthur how did he get to the past. I suppose he could already time-travel and took Hiro's powers to disable him but something about that bugs me.
I wanted a signature. I don't know what to put here yet.

mosc

Postby mosc » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:10 am UTC

Dare I say it but this was actually a good episode this week?

Course, not as good as Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles which kicked ass as usual this week. WATCH THAT SHOW!
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

sugarhyped

Postby sugarhyped » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:14 am UTC

mosc wrote:Dare I say it but this was actually a good episode this week?

Course, not as good as Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles which kicked ass as usual this week. WATCH THAT SHOW!

I feel like it is too late for me to get into it. i always feel the need to start at the beginning plus summer glau is the only thing that draws me to it. if it's on at 8 though it doesn't conflict with my schedule b/c its 7-8 big bang and himym and 9-10 heroes. so 8-9 is free.
anyways even though i criticized some it was a good episode yeah.

mosc

Postby mosc » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:26 am UTC

If you've seen anything terminator before and familiarize yourself with the 4 major characters (John Connor, his mom, his uncle back from the future, and the killer robot he sent back to protect him from the future) you shouldn't be that lost. Ok, I'll shut up and get back to the heroes. It's just that they are back to back so they are forever linked to me and Terminator is kicking hero's ASS.

I liked the heroes episode this week though. Kinda lost hope they'll do the bad guy gone good with Sylar but I tell you anything with takai and the hatain is ALL good.

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:37 am UTC

NewSylar is awesome. "Got me. I lied!" "Cake!" "What?"

ALL classic lines, PERFECT expression. There's a man at peace with murder. Fucking zen.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:19 pm UTC

Oh bloody hell, Hiro is SUCH a buffoon! As soon as he gets his memories back, he screws up and basically hands he catalyst over the Arthur. After solemnly swearing to his dying mother that he's strong enough to protect it. AARRGGHH!!

Still, I'm starting to like Sylar again. "Oooh, cake!" *locks door*
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

pseudoidiot
Sexy Beard Man

Postby pseudoidiot » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:18 pm UTC

sugarhyped wrote:One thing I am not sure about is was that Arthur that stole Hiro's powers past Arthur or current Arthur because if he was past Arthur he'd know that he had the catalyst the whole time but if it was now Arthur how did he get to the past. I suppose he could already time-travel and took Hiro's powers to disable him but something about that bugs me.
Arthur has Peter's powers and so can teleport and time travel and such.
Derailed : Gaming Outside the Box.
SecondTalon wrote:*swoons* I love you, all powerful pseudoidiot!
ShootTheChicken wrote:I can't stop thinking about pseudoidiot's penis.

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:24 pm UTC

pseudoidiot wrote:Arthur has Peter's powers and so can teleport and time travel and such.

How did Arthur know to go back and get the Catalyst from Hiro? And why didn't he go back and get the Catalyst from Hiro's mom to begin with. For that matter why bother sending his goons to go get Claire? Why didn't HE just go get Claire (here's a hint: ability to stop time > EVERY OTHER ABILITY). And how does Telekinesis somehow stop Hiro's time manipulation power?

Also what exactly happened at the end? Who cut Peter? Was it Sylar? Or Arthur? And if it was Arthur, why didn't he stop the bullet? If it was Sylar, what was the point? I don't see why the Haitian (who was perfectly fine at first containing Arthur's powers) didn't just walk up to Arthur and wipe his mind THEN allow Peter to shoot him.

This episode was filled with absolutely retarded deus ex machina in an attempt to create suspense/drama. The only good part of the episode was the Sylar's fantastically acted role (the "Cake" line had my in stitches).

I missed a bit with Nathan and Tracy talking at one point. Had they figured out how to use the formula to give specific powers? Or was it just a fortunate coincidence the marine at the end got super strength and not like a super sense of smell or something?

Lumpy
I can has morbid obesity?

Postby Lumpy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:48 pm UTC

Yeah, they figured out how to give people specific powers, and Tracy assured Nathan that they are going to make sure only the "good" people are given abilities.

For two people each with time traveling and teleportation abilities, whoever wins is a matter of who has to play defense and who has the prerogative of taking the other by surprise. Showing Arthur grabbing Hiro right then is easier than while he's sleeping or eating waffles, but it still doesn't make any sense because of how easy it would have been to grab Hiro's sick, unguarded mother the same way.

I don't see why the Haitian (who was perfectly fine at first containing Arthur's powers) didn't just walk up to Arthur and wipe his mind THEN allow Peter to shoot him.

Probably something to do with his whole "my relatives gone awry are my responsibility" he had when the Haitian asked to let him have the gun. Why did they both have only one gun between them, anyway?

Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:52 pm UTC

Lumpy wrote:Yeah, they figured out how to give people specific powers, and Tracy assured Nathan that they are going to make sure only the "good" people are given abilities.

Ok that musta been in the part I missed so at least that was somewhat less contrived.
For two people each with time traveling and teleportation abilities, whoever wins is a matter of who has to play defense and who has the prerogative of taking the other by surprise. Showing Arthur grabbing Hiro right then is easier than while he's sleeping or eating waffles, but it still doesn't make any sense because of how easy it would have been to grab Hiro's sick, unguarded mother the same way.

The problem I had was why didn't Hiro teleport AWAY once he was grabbed. Though I guess Arthur did somehow know exactly where he was so it might not have been terribly useful.

Probably something to do with his whole "my relatives gone awry are my responsibility" he had when the Haitian asked to let him have the gun. Why did they both have only one gun between them, anyway?

Yeah and why Angela even bothered sending Peter. Just send the damn Haitian to do it alone. No chance at being "convinced" otherwise by his FATHER. Its not like Peter was necessary there. Really anyone with a gun would have been BETTER due to not being related and having the whole emotional issue of killing ones father...

sugarhyped

Postby sugarhyped » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:16 pm UTC

Chen wrote:The problem I had was why didn't Hiro teleport AWAY once he was grabbed. Though I guess Arthur did somehow know exactly where he was so it might not have been terribly useful.

his telekinesis might have stopped hiro from being able to blink which seems to be necessary for hiro to teleport.

Lumpy

Postby Lumpy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:21 pm UTC

I assumed that temporary induced paralysis was part of the ability. I think it comes with the memory wiping ability, too, except the hands have to be on the head.

knight427
Worshipful Sycophant

Postby knight427 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:13 am UTC

Chen wrote:How did Arthur know to go back and get the Catalyst from Hiro?

He got the future-comic power from Peter who got it from Isac who saw this happening in his last comic (so it makes sense that Aurthur would see it too).

Chen wrote:And why didn't he go back and get the Catalyst from Hiro's mom to begin with. For that matter why bother sending his goons to go get Claire?

Best I can some up with is that he is relying on the comic to tell him where to go, so it sort of directed him to do it that way. I had the same thought thought.

Chen wrote:For that matter why bother sending his goons to go get Claire?

Maybe he figured he could get it before she went back, or maybe he had to get her on the run to get the pawns moving in the right direction?

Chen wrote:Why didn't HE just go get Claire (here's a hint: ability to stop time > EVERY OTHER ABILITY). And how does Telekinesis somehow stop Hiro's time manipulation power?

1) Too easy, see super-villain handbook, Chapter 3, Needlessly Complicated Schemes to Take Over the World.
2) see "eye blinking" answer above

Chen wrote:Who cut Peter?

Arthur

Chen wrote:why didn't he stop the bullet?

He only had partial powers back...getting free from the Haitian, but not totally free

Chen wrote:If it was Sylar, what was the point?

He had to ask him if he was his father so he would know the truth with his new lie-detect power

Chen wrote:I don't see why the Haitian (who was perfectly fine at first containing Arthur's powers) didn't just walk up to Arthur and wipe his mind THEN allow Peter to shoot him.

That would have been effectively killing him, it was Peter's responsibility (+3 Pointless Drama)
knight427

thatguy

Postby thatguy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:32 am UTC

Seriously, I love this show, but I'm ready for this effing Volume to end. They are doing the "2 Volumes = 1 Season," right?
Give us a nice story bottleneck, and quickly. That's all I ask.
Given the events of the season so far, I feel the prediction I (think I) made earlier has a good chance of happening:
Spoiler:
They end up not stopping the future, so in 5 years, the Earth asplodes and show over.

Chai Kovsky wrote:Thatguy, you are my Big Damn Hero!
Thank you! You win the day!

knight427
Worshipful Sycophant

Postby knight427 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:43 am UTC

thatguy wrote:Seriously, I love this show, but I'm ready for this effing Volume to end. They are doing the "2 Volumes = 1 Season," right?
Give us a nice story bottleneck, and quickly. That's all I ask.
Given the events of the season so far, I feel the prediction I (think I) made earlier has a good chance of happening:
Spoiler:
They end up not stopping the future, so in 5 years, the Earth asplodes and show over.

No way, Heroes would add Barney the Dinosaur if they thought it would help ratings. They'll be jumping sharks until the bitter end. Yet, somehow, I can't stop watching.
knight427

Vanguard

Postby Vanguard » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:17 am UTC

knight427 wrote:
No way, Heroes would add Barney the Dinosaur if they thought it would help ratings. They'll be jumping sharks until the bitter end. Yet, somehow, I can't stop watching.

Yea, somehow I want to see it to the end. Just so I can say I watched it.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:11 pm UTC

Does the phrase "train wreck" occur to anyone? :mrgreen:

Nath

Postby Nath » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:00 pm UTC

So without Arthur, do we still have a big bad? The new Sylar seems like a comic-relief villain. I mean, it's hard to be scared of someone with that haircut.

Megatriorchis

Postby Megatriorchis » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:02 pm UTC

Nath wrote:I mean, it's hard to be scared of someone with that haircut.

He looks like a greaser. :D
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

Lumpy

Postby Lumpy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:00 pm UTC

Tim Kring's said that they're going to avoid future scenarios next volume, because it's become "a crutch."

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:12 pm UTC

Nath wrote:So without Arthur, do we still have a big bad? The new Sylar seems like a comic-relief villain. I mean, it's hard to be scared of someone with that haircut.

I suppose Nathan could be the new big bad?

By the way, when they injected that soldier, was anyone else secretly hoping something grizzly was about to happen to him? :mrgreen:

Megatriorchis

Postby Megatriorchis » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:17 pm UTC

Lumpy wrote:Tim Kring's said that they're going to avoid future scenarios next volume, because it's become "a crutch."

This whole time-traveling and messing things up thing is making me sick, really. Hiro is one of the best characters on the show, and he's lost his power and is hanging off of a light post 16 years in the past. That makes me not want to watch this stupid show anymore (at this point, I just want to know what happens at the end). They should have just not introduced time travel in the first place, or made time travel extra difficult to accomplish. It's not a crutch, it just messes everything up.
The Humanity for the Undead Coalition: Bringing Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness to the Undead and Other Supernatural Humanoids. Zombies don't eat people; people eat people!

Mighty Jalapeno

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:21 pm UTC

SlyReaper wrote:By the way, when they injected that soldier, was anyone else secretly hoping something grizzly was about to happen to him? :mrgreen:

I prefer grisly things happening. Personally, I was hoping he'd be all, "I feel the same..." and then Mohinder's head just f***ing explodes.

Lumpy

Postby Lumpy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:24 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Peter and Nathan battle it out. Angela, Noah, Merideth, and Claire are held hostage at Primatech by Sylar for information from Company records. Matt, Daphne, and Ando go look for Dr. Suresh in hopes he'll be able to give Ando an ability that will help him go find Hiro.

mosc

Postby mosc » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:35 pm UTC

Ando gets some power borrowing power or something? Hence how he could do lightning in the future? I mean, they're setting him up for time travel. I dunno, they obviously love ando though.

Megatriorchis

Postby Megatriorchis » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:53 pm UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:
SlyReaper wrote:By the way, when they injected that soldier, was anyone else secretly hoping something grizzly was about to happen to him? :mrgreen:

I prefer grisly things happening. Personally, I was hoping he'd be all, "I feel the same..." and then Mohinder's head just f***ing explodes.

I would love that so much. But only because Mohinder is a silly git.

It would also be great if the fomula has adverse side effects on the soldier and he gets angry and kills Mohinder and Tracy. (But not Nathan, I have a feeling he's redeemable.)

Megatriorchis

Postby Megatriorchis » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:05 am UTC

^^HAWT.

Nathan seems to be thinking over his takeover of Pinehearst. It doesn't look as though he likes what's going on there, but he's in it because he wants to believe that it's good for the world. I sense major character development here. :D

Edit: That is, if the writers can pull it off. :?

thatguy

Postby thatguy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:01 am UTC

Lumpy wrote:Tim Kring's said that they're going to avoid future scenarios next volume, because it's become "a crutch."

THANK CHRIST.

Lumpy

Postby Lumpy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:10 am UTC

I wonder if after Sylar's thirst for revenge is fulfilled, if Sylar is going to go off and hunt down his real father that left him the watchmaking business.

thatguy

Postby thatguy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:15 am UTC

Lumpy wrote:I wonder if after Sylar's thirst for revenge is fulfilled, if Sylar is going to go off and hunt down his real father that left him the watchmaking business.

That'd be interesting.
They could really put Sylar in his own self-contained story arc and it might improve the show. We at least wouldn't automatically assume everyone he comes into contact with is a manipulative bastard...

thatguy

Postby thatguy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:03 pm UTC

Is it on the Robot Chicken Site?
That sounds pretty funny.

Mighty Jalapeno

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:15 pm UTC

Beats me, but if you find it, let me know! (He did his own voice).

korora

Postby korora » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:04 am UTC

Last.fm|Steam|Xbox LIVE|23||
[8:22pm] cf: you know what i like?
[8:23pm] Tigerlion: what do you like, CF?
[8:23pm] cf: you guys
[8:24pm] cf: man...out of all the things that could have come to my head...that was by far the lamest

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”