Doctor Whom

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Re: Doctor Whom

Postby Giant Speck » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:23 am UTC

Holy crap, it is expensive. And... such an oddly specific price.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

broken_escalator
They're called stairs

Postby broken_escalator » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:17 am UTC

Does the price just look odd in USD currency maybe? $25.62 is quite odd for a t-shirt. I think that's like 19 euros, not sure if that's average for a t-shirt price.

ArgonV

Postby ArgonV » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:21 am UTC

It's 20.80 euros. Maybe it's in pounds?

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:58 am UTC

$25.62
£16.64
€19.28
CAN$27.14
AUS$27.06

Prices based on the website itself. It seems like it's an odd price no matter what currency you use!
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs

Postby Thesh » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:08 pm UTC

http://support.redbubble.com/kb/advanced/base-prices

So basically, the store charges a base price, the artist sets a markup. It looks to be about 25.3% markup, so I guess that's still an odd number.
Summum ius, summa iniuria.

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:44 am UTC

It is a weird price... I didn't really notice that.

Also, can we talk about how awesome SuperWho is? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vgv5T58un8 (Awesome if you watch Supernatural, anyway.)

animeHrmIne

Postby animeHrmIne » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:24 pm UTC

Magnanimous wrote:It is a weird price... I didn't really notice that.

Also, can we talk about how awesome SuperWho is? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vgv5T58un8 (Awesome if you watch Supernatural, anyway.)

Can't watch the video because I'm at school, but seconding the Superwho Love. Superwho is kind of amazing.

Doctor Who is actually really popular in the fandom multiverse, as it's easily added to any canon. The most popular seem to be Superwho and Wholock (Doctor Who and Sherlock). I'm personally a fan of Doctor Superfly (DW, Supernatural, and Firefly).
I wanted to see the universe, so I stole a Time Lord and ran away. And you were the only one mad enough.
Biting's excellent! It's like kissing, only there's a winner.
-Sexy

keozen
The Bearded FaiD Batman

Postby keozen » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:15 pm UTC

I'll just leave this here:

animeHrmIne

Postby animeHrmIne » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:10 am UTC

keozen wrote:I'll just leave this here:

Any time I see a gif of someone from Doctor Who in a suit dancing, I like to pretend it's Paul Kasey. Even the Weeping Angel who does the Macarena.
I wanted to see the universe, so I stole a Time Lord and ran away. And you were the only one mad enough.
Biting's excellent! It's like kissing, only there's a winner.
-Sexy

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:37 am UTC

So I finally caught up on my Dr. Who, and I really want a Dr. Who / HGTTG crossover.
Spoiler:
Ultimate Question: Doctor Who?
Ultimate Answer: Forty-Two!

They Rhyme!

mercutio_stencil

Postby mercutio_stencil » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:16 pm UTC

Vieto wrote:So I finally caught up on my Dr. Who, and I really want a Dr. Who / HGTTG crossover.

You did have "The Pirate Planet" and "The City of Death," both written by Douglas Adams. Not quite a crossover, but it's pretty close.

I'm just waiting for Joss Whedon to direct an episode, I don't know why, but I think it would work out rather well.

Whelan

Postby Whelan » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:23 pm UTC

I would like all writing to be delegated to Joss Whedon, except that which is currently Pratchett.
"I like to be understood whenever I open my mouth; I have a horror of blinding people with science"- Richard Dawkins
Weeks wrote:
TaintedDeity wrote:And all I get is this tame space dragon. Where's my recognition?!
A tame dragon is its own reward.

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:22 am UTC

mercutio_stencil wrote:You did have "The Pirate Planet" and "The City of Death," both written by Douglas Adams. Not quite a crossover, but it's pretty close.

Also Shada, which one could anachronistically call a Doctor Who/Dirk Gently crossover...

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

keozen
The Bearded FaiD Batman

Postby keozen » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:54 am UTC

I'd adore Terry Pratchett to write an episode of Who but I fear he may be too ill to do so. He's having to have help writing his Discworld stuff at the moment and I daresay the intense back and forth of writing a million drafts of the same script for TV may be too much.

It'd be ever so nice if Neil Gaiman were to write one again, the Doctor's Wife was a great script.

H.E.L.e.N.
Cheesy-tuna-bacon-pickle?

Postby H.E.L.e.N. » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:23 pm UTC

Vieto wrote:So I finally caught up on my Dr. Who, and I really want a Dr. Who / HGTTG crossover.
Spoiler:
Ultimate Question: Doctor Who?
Ultimate Answer: Forty-Two!

They Rhyme!

I have been thinking the Same Damn Thing. Not that it's sensical, but it's fun.

NonSequitur

Postby NonSequitur » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:03 pm UTC

So to ease my post-season withdrawal I went back and watched Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead the other day, and something really bugged me. Given what we've learned about River Song's personality in the episodes since then,

Spoiler:
didn't the Doctor sort of banish her to eternity in a personal hell? I mean, River Song, half Indiana Jones, half Ellen Ripley, stuck in a transparently fictional world of dull suburban domestic bliss devoted to raising imaginary children? What was he thinking!?
The greatest trick Russell's teapot ever pulled was convincing the world it doesn't exist.

Jorpho

Postby Jorpho » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:40 pm UTC

NonSequitur wrote:
Spoiler:
didn't the Doctor sort of banish her to eternity in a personal hell? I mean, River Song, half Indiana Jones, half Ellen Ripley, stuck in a transparently fictional world of dull suburban domestic bliss devoted to raising imaginary children? What was he thinking!?
Spoiler:
The other way to look at it is that she's an archaeologist by training and wound up spending eternity in a library.

Vieto

Postby Vieto » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:10 am UTC

Jorpho wrote:
NonSequitur wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
The other way to look at it is that she's an archaeologist by training and wound up spending eternity in a library.

Spoiler:
But she doesn't actually get to read any of the books. Well, I suppose she could ask the computer...

KestrelLowing

Postby KestrelLowing » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:40 am UTC

Vieto wrote:
Jorpho wrote:
NonSequitur wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
But she doesn't actually get to read any of the books. Well, I suppose she could ask the computer...

Spoiler:
I was always of the opinion that the reason the computer showed the suburban lifestyle was that it was one it could keep up for many, many people. After all, it does have a limited amount of storage space. The sameness of suburbia allowed the computer to reuse many things. I imagine once there are only 4-5 people in there, the computer could create a much more interesting world for them to live in.

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:38 am UTC

This video is really awesome. It was filmed for the wrap-up party when David Tennant retired as Doctor.

Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow

Postby Giant Speck » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:51 am UTC

DANCING OOD!

sugarhyped

Postby sugarhyped » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:16 am UTC

Magnanimous wrote:This video is really awesome. It was filmed for the wrap-up party when David Tennant retired as Doctor.

I saw that today for the first time but not through this board. Funny.

David Tennant with the Proclaimers was pretty cool. I remember a while ago seeing a larger portion of that clip.
I wanted a signature. I don't know what to put here yet.

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:27 pm UTC

Hahahaha. That ood.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

Various Varieties

Postby Various Varieties » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:04 am UTC

The Ballad of Russell and Julie is just as good, especially if you're familiar with Victoria Wood's original version of the song. :mrgreen:

Someone on Twitter said that it seems they were leaked/uploaded by assistant director Jenni Fava, which would make sense given that the GuarroRock Youtube account also has videos for Extras, The Robinsons and Blackpool.

keozen
The Bearded FaiD Batman

Postby keozen » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:49 am UTC

While I'm having my morning cuppa I'll just leave this here:

Jorpho

Postby Jorpho » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:40 am UTC

Apparently the Cheezburger folks have resolved to put all this sort of thing in one place.
http://scifi.icanhascheezburger.com/

But hey, I wouldn't have seen this otherwise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywtklrmgyxc

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:35 pm UTC

What would Baron Harkonnen do?

You, sir, name?

Postby You, sir, name? » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:28 pm UTC

Jorpho wrote:But hey, I wouldn't have seen this otherwise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywtklrmgyxc

It's like they took all my whine-posts about David Tennant-who and turned them into a video.
I edit my posts a lot and sometimes the words wrong order words appear in sentences get messed up.

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:44 am UTC

That guy does a very good Tennant.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Postby Angua » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:23 pm UTC

They're thinking of making another movie

I don't feel very hopeful about this, mainly because I am always distrustful of when people re-imagine things.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:53 pm UTC

"Russell T. Davies and then Steven Moffat have done their own transformations, which were fantastic, but we have to put that aside and start from scratch," he said.

charliepanayi

Postby charliepanayi » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:01 pm UTC

Bring Eric Roberts back and I'm all for it.
"Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying"

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:46 am UTC

Oh, Twitter...
Twitter wrote:<Jer_LRR> The Dr. and his brother Davros make a time machine to save Gallifrey from war. However, Davros has an ulterior motive. #baddrwhomoviereboot
<Matt_LRR> A doctor hits head on a police box and falls into a coma. Wakes up in future with amnesia, remembers name "doctor" #baddrwhomoviereboot
<Jer_LRR> A nurse runs over a police box, killing its occupant. Now he must become a Time Lord & step up from nurse...to doctor. #baddrwhomoviereboot
<Fayili> A shapeshifting box kidnaps a man and tells him he has to help people. He learns medicine on the way. #baddrwhomoviereboot
<emperorwebrunnr> @Jer_LRR Doctor Stephen Who, Neurosurgeon, is put into a coma due to an accident, dreams reliving history #baddrwhomoviereboot
<Matt_LRR> An unstoppable killing machine is sent from the future, and a lone time traveller stands between it and (ex)termination #baddrwhomoviereboot
<NotIanWeber> The 1996 TV Movie. #baddrwhomoviereboot
<Matt_LRR> The doctor teams up with a plucky robot dog in the feel-good buddy cop movie of the summer, 'K-9' #baddrwhomoviereboot #starringtomhanks
<Jer_LRR> Rose likes the new boy in school—a boy who is secretly a Time Lord. Will she stay with him or break both his hearts? #baddrwhomoviereboot
<Matt_LRR> K-9 would be voiced by eddie murphy, obviously. #baddrwhomoviereboot
<Matt_LRR> An elephant finds a small flower on which he hears a man saving a tiny universe from destruction at the hands of evil #hortonhearsadoctorwho
<Matt_LRR> A time traveller crash-lands in revolution-era Russia, falls in love, and undergoes great hardship. #baddoctorwhoreboot #thedoctorzhivago
<Matt_LRR> A sadistic doctor executes a plan to surgically connect three lost daleks. #thedalekcentipede #dalekhorrorfilms #baddoctorwhomoviereboot
<Matt_LRR> RT @SecondlookDan: @Matt_LRR A wisecracking, pill popping, limping doctor discovers a time machine and heads out to see the universe and complain about it
<Lesismore9o9> The Doctor wages war against a Dalek splinter cult engineered solely to kill rats and cockroaches. #EXTERMINATE #baddrwhomoviereboot
<BeanieMan86> A Time Lord that sparkles and stalks his latest companion telling her 'stay away from me' #baddrwhomoviereboot
<Metcarfre> @Matt_LRR Doctor James Who is a(n American) time-travelling badass who shoots first, asks q's later. #baddrwhomoviereboot

[he/him/his]

Cassi

Postby Cassi » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:11 am UTC

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/160970 ... fer=search

I can't even remember the last time I used our Wii, but I really want this...
une see wrote:Cass, YOU are my favorite!

phlip
Restorer of Worlds

Postby phlip » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:32 pm UTC

It works quite well, and it's rather comfortable (provided you're not playing a game that makes you hold the controller sideways), but the battery is crap. Even when it was new, mine would only hold a charge for maybe an hour or so... and now it doesn't hold a charge at all, it has to be permanently plugged in to a USB power source to work. And the battery doesn't appear to be replaceable.

[he/him/his]

Jorpho

Postby Jorpho » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:42 pm UTC

I got it! Distraught teenage girl in 60's London runs away from home, finds odd, unusually-dressed homeless man apparently living out of a police box who comforts her with a fantastical tale that leads her to dump her jackass boyfriend and strike up a relationship with the shy but good-hearted science-fiction geek all her friends rejected. And the next day the homeless person is nowhere to be found...

Ah, but that doesn't fit in 140 characters.

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:05 am UTC

Girl selling matchsticks finds a blue box, stares into it & imagines time-space adventures, using up all her matchsticks to get warm. Dies.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

Kick

Postby Kick » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:40 am UTC

My friend introduced me to Dr. Who the summer before my Senior year of High School, and since then I've been a fan. I love the story, the characters, and all of it is done so well.
I'm never sarcastic.

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:10 am UTC

Kewangji wrote:Girl selling matchsticks finds a blue box, stares into it & imagines time-space adventures, using up all her matchsticks to get warm. Dies.

This reminds me of six-word short stories.

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:23 am UTC

Magnanimous wrote:
Kewangji wrote:Girl selling matchsticks finds a blue box, stares into it & imagines time-space adventures, using up all her matchsticks to get warm. Dies.

This reminds me of six-word short stories.

Those are excellent. I love flash fiction.

(I was referencing H. C. Andersen's short story The Little Match Girl, by the way, which is great and sad.)

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”