Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
dbsmith
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:52 am UTC

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby dbsmith » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:13 pm UTC

That third person/couple one....you me and dupree?

User avatar
Angua
Don't call her Delphine.
Posts: 5943
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:42 pm UTC
Location: UK/[St. Kitts and] Nevis Occasionally, I migrate to the US for a bit

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby Angua » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:33 am UTC

dbsmith wrote:That third person/couple one....you me and dupree?
No, it seems that the couple is the annoying one, not the third wheel. Thanks though.
Crabtree's bludgeon: “no set of mutually inconsistent observations can exist for which some human intellect cannot conceive a coherent explanation, however complicated”
GNU Terry Pratchett

empee
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:12 pm UTC

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby empee » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:15 pm UTC

anyone wrote:Ok, this is what I think is a fake movie trailer, but it was pretty long (10 minutes or so maybe?), so it could have been a short film. It was on youtube, and I'm pretty sure it was a featured video at some point.

It was about a little suburban boy who was on some kind of medication and for some reason he decided to stop taking it. He then decided to take over the world and ended up poisioning all of the adults at a birthday party, and at the end, he and a bunch of other kids sort of band together like a tribe and go off to recruit other kids or something. The whole thing is narrated by a man with a deep voice and it is very dramatic.

I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called but it was pretty cool.


It kind of sounds like The Chumscrubber, but I also feel like I might be conflating that and another movie.

phineasQ
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:24 am UTC
Location: transience, MA, US
Contact:

looking for a specific obscure 80s tv image

Postby phineasQ » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:13 am UTC

This is a tall order, but I'm planning a first tattoo, and I want to borrow the head from a deity from one of the 80s saturday cartoons I used to watch. All I have is a vague description pulled out of my visual memory from when I was like 6.

The character I can't remember a name for was modeled off of an eastern deity with four rotating faces. In the cartoon, the faces were I think laid out on a false perspective cube. With nothing else to go on, I'll show the artist a picture of Central Controller from 'tron' and ask if he can somehow make it... blockier.

If anyone can remember the name of this thing, though, it would be better.

Also, it's not Man-E faces from MoTU, but I thought it was a god from the same serieses
People are animals, too.
Bad yet comprehensible grammar is nothing compared to disingenuous speech - my most least favoritest thing.

shieldforyoureyes
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:00 am UTC
Contact:

Re: looking for a specific obscure 80s tv image

Postby shieldforyoureyes » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:59 pm UTC

Not the Quintessons from the Transformers?

User avatar
dbsmith
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:52 am UTC

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby dbsmith » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:13 pm UTC

This is a tall order, but I'm planning a first tattoo, and I want to borrow the head from a deity from one of the 80s saturday cartoons I used to watch. All I have is a vague description pulled out of my visual memory from when I was like 6.

The character I can't remember a name for was modeled off of an eastern deity with four rotating faces. In the cartoon, the faces were I think laid out on a false perspective cube. With nothing else to go on, I'll show the artist a picture of Central Controller from 'tron' and ask if he can somehow make it... blockier.

If anyone can remember the name of this thing, though, it would be better.

Also, it's not Man-E faces from MoTU, but I thought it was a god from the same serieses


Reboot?

User avatar
el_loco_avs
Posts: 1294
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:14 pm UTC

Re: looking for a specific obscure 80s tv image

Postby el_loco_avs » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:29 pm UTC

shieldforyoureyes wrote:Not the Quintessons from the Transformers?


That wouldbe my guess.

Reboot was later than 80s iirc.
You go your way.
I'll go your way too.

CloneboyZa
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:13 pm UTC

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby CloneboyZa » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:30 pm UTC

Hi all... :)

I've been trying to figure out the name of a show I saw as a kid, back in the mid 1980's. It was a sci-fi series, using puppets and models like thunderbirds. The setting was space and earth in the future. The story was about bad guys trying to take over the earth. Their leader was a woman, who had a claw for an arm, and her 2nd in command had something over his left eye, that in my memory looks like a metallic fried egg. The good guys flew a spaceship that managed to defeat the bad guys every time. The ship had a large cannon that was fired by opening up the neck of the ship - i remember seeing it blowing up troop carriers of some kind by shooting through them lengthways. Can't remember details about the good guys themselves. Other details - the bad guys mothership looked like a large grey catfish, in that it had "whiskers' at the front, and it hovered over cities. It was probably Japanese and dubbed into English. I remember the bad guys leader used to seriously freak me out when i was younger, with her voice and claw. Any ideas?

User avatar
JBJ
Posts: 1263
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:20 pm UTC
Location: a point or extent in space

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby JBJ » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:02 pm UTC

CloneboyZa wrote:Hi all... :)

I've been trying to figure out the name of a show I saw as a kid, back in the mid 1980's. It was a sci-fi series, using puppets and models like thunderbirds. The setting was space and earth in the future. The story was about bad guys trying to take over the earth. Their leader was a woman, who had a claw for an arm, and her 2nd in command had something over his left eye, that in my memory looks like a metallic fried egg. The good guys flew a spaceship that managed to defeat the bad guys every time. The ship had a large cannon that was fired by opening up the neck of the ship - i remember seeing it blowing up troop carriers of some kind by shooting through them lengthways. Can't remember details about the good guys themselves. Other details - the bad guys mothership looked like a large grey catfish, in that it had "whiskers' at the front, and it hovered over cities. It was probably Japanese and dubbed into English. I remember the bad guys leader used to seriously freak me out when i was younger, with her voice and claw. Any ideas?
X-Bomber also known as Star Fleet?
YouTube
Wikipedia
So, you sacked the cocky khaki Kicky Sack sock plucker?
The second cocky khaki Kicky Sack sock plucker I've sacked since the sixth sitting sheet slitter got sick.

CloneboyZa
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:13 pm UTC

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby CloneboyZa » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:07 am UTC

JBJ wrote:X-Bomber also known as Star Fleet?
YouTube
Wikipedia


Thanks a lot for your help... I hadn't realised how much I had forgotten from that show... Hard to believe it was a kids' show... Looks like it's out on DVD, must get it... :)

User avatar
Oort
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:18 pm UTC

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby Oort » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:39 am UTC

Old movie. Action/adventure I think. Like Hercules or Conan or something like that. I watched it in the 90's or so, so not too recent. They were fighting a god I think, because there was a big face made of ice which they got to by boat by sailing far north.

User avatar
Kurushimi
Posts: 841
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:06 am UTC

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby Kurushimi » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:52 am UTC

I remember seeing this anime movie. There were these two immortal people. The protagonist had been trying to take revenge the other immortal guy, the antagonist, for centuries for killing his wife and destroying his home. It's set in the future, and I think it was in a time of some sort of great turmoil (not exactly post-apocalyptic, but something like that.). I'm pretty sure the name started with an H. I also remember seeing another movie (watched like half of it), with a similar name, but it wasn't an anime. It was live-action. And there were more immortal people, and it seemed to have an almost completely different plot.

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26529
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:52 pm UTC

Highlander: The Search for Vengeance

In related news.. Highlander has an anime series?! They ignored the second one, right? Right?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
JayDee
Posts: 3620
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:13 am UTC
Location: Most livable city in the world.
Contact:

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby JayDee » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:04 pm UTC

Purely based on involving immortals and starting with 'H' I would be guessing Highlander- and it looks like there may have been an anime movie that may be a match - Highlander: The Search for Vengeance. Not that I've seen any Highlander anything (I have it on good authority that nothing beyond the original movie deserves to exist) but I have heard there was an awesome CCG that had cards you could tear in half for extra effect.

Or what ST said.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

lee.n.doan
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:39 am UTC

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby lee.n.doan » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:41 am UTC

I remember watching this animated movie as a kid. I don't really remember much except that there was a door that was like opening (I think) that shouldn't have been opening. I think in the end it opened and some evil thing comes and it's bad. Man, rereading this post, there's like no information, haha. The door was giant (I think)! The protagonist was a kid?

User avatar
mieulium
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:04 am UTC
Location: Perth, Western Australia and Singapore
Contact:

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby mieulium » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:27 am UTC

... can i post a japanese one up? Its about these women office workers in this big company, and that they were outcast from the entire whole company because they didnt give in to some perverted request or something like that. And they form this department which has this lousy office and they do odd jobs.
Hi. This is Martha. She likes dull objects. She likes you too! Oh wait... I guess you'd better get some brain training on then.

"OBJECTION!"

User avatar
Kurushimi
Posts: 841
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:06 am UTC

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby Kurushimi » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:50 pm UTC

I remember reading/watching this book back in middle school. There was this mentally challenged man. Retarded really. I think he was working at a factory or something. He felt pretty ostracized from being different. Anyways, he got this surgery that was supposed to make him think better. Like normal people. But, it ended up making him a genius. He ends being more ostracized and (can't remember how) ended up going back to being mentally challenged.

User avatar
jaap
Posts: 2094
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:06 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby jaap » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:59 pm UTC

Kurushimi wrote:I remember reading/watching this book back in middle school. There was this mentally challenged man. Retarded really. I think he was working at a factory or something. He felt pretty ostracized from being different. Anyways, he got this surgery that was supposed to make him think better. Like normal people. But, it ended up making him a genius. He ends being more ostracized and (can't remember how) ended up going back to being mentally challenged.


That sounds like the book "Flowers for Algernon" by Daniel Keyes. I didn't know there was a TV-film version of it.

User avatar
Kurushimi
Posts: 841
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:06 am UTC

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby Kurushimi » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:35 pm UTC

That's it exactly. I was just about to post that I remembered a rat with a really weird name but apparently you didn't need that.

User avatar
Sockmonkey
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:30 pm UTC

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby Sockmonkey » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:22 pm UTC

Oort wrote:Old movie. Action/adventure I think. Like Hercules or Conan or something like that. I watched it in the 90's or so, so not too recent. They were fighting a god I think, because there was a big face made of ice which they got to by boat by sailing far north.


I think it might be Kull the conqueror. Total suck-fest of a movie.

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby Giant Speck » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:19 pm UTC

I remember watching a Lifetime Original Movie a looooooooong time ago about a woman who was being slowly poisoned to death by her husband, who was adding small amounts of selenium (or cyanide or something -- I don't remember exactly what it was) to her food and too her shampoo.

A notable scene in the movie was when their daughter came home from school and ate some poisoned chicken from the fridge that was meant for the mother, and was hospitalized.

I've been trying to find this movie for some time now, but the Lifetime website doesn't seem to have it in its database. It's based on a true story.

I really doubt anyone is going to know this movie.
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

User avatar
sugarhyped
Posts: 548
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:16 am UTC
Location: california

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby sugarhyped » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:30 pm UTC

^ try Lethal Vows.
i got to that cuz http://lmgtfy.com/?q=husband+slowly+poisons+wife+movie
i just like lmgtfy. i didnt actually mind.
I wanted a signature. I don't know what to put here yet.

User avatar
Giant Speck
Bouncy Sex Marshmallow
Posts: 3819
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:30 pm UTC
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby Giant Speck » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:52 pm UTC

sugarhyped wrote:^ try Lethal Vows.
i got to that cuz http://lmgtfy.com/?q=husband+slowly+poisons+wife+movie
i just like lmgtfy. i didnt actually mind.


:shock:
:shock:
:shock:
:shock:
:shock:

DEMON! You're a DEMON! I could swear that I've used that search phrase before...
"Did I say recently that I love Giant Speck? Because I love Giant Speck. He is the best." - Weeks
BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE BOUNCE

User avatar
Vicare
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:51 am UTC

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby Vicare » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:46 pm UTC

I need help remembering the name of a movie I caught a scene from in a resturaunt a few years back. It was a horror move (I think) the first part i saw they were strapping this woman into all these brain receptors and nodes, and they said "If it gets too intense, we can shut it off" or something along those lines. Then she was in this wierd place, and there was a shaggy black dog. Then she walked into a white room, and there was a little boy in there. There was also a horse standing on a platform. She was talking to the boy, and there was a clock ticking down on the wall. Suddenly, the boy (who was silent) pushes her out of the way as the clock runs out of time. These glass blades fall from the celing, and sliced into the horse, and then they spread out, showing the pieces of the horse, organs still moving and beating. After that, she goes into some room where cobwebbed mannequins start moving around.

After that, my dad noticed and told the waitress to change the channel (This was quite a few years ago, BTW) . It really freaked me out. I know it was probably released in 2005 or earlier, because the waitress turned the channel to Cartoon Network, and Krypto the Superdog was on, and thats been cancelled since 2006. Anyone have any idea what movie this is?
GENERATION 2: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.
---
quod erat demonstrandum, baby!

sje46
Posts: 4730
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 4:41 am UTC
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby sje46 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:05 pm UTC

Vicare wrote:I need help remembering the name of a movie I caught a scene from in a resturaunt a few years back. It was a horror move (I think) the first part i saw they were strapping this woman into all these brain receptors and nodes, and they said "If it gets too intense, we can shut it off" or something along those lines. Then she was in this wierd place, and there was a shaggy black dog. Then she walked into a white room, and there was a little boy in there. There was also a horse standing on a platform. She was talking to the boy, and there was a clock ticking down on the wall. Suddenly, the boy (who was silent) pushes her out of the way as the clock runs out of time. These glass blades fall from the celing, and sliced into the horse, and then they spread out, showing the pieces of the horse, organs still moving and beating. After that, she goes into some room where cobwebbed mannequins start moving around.

After that, my dad noticed and told the waitress to change the channel (This was quite a few years ago, BTW) . It really freaked me out. I know it was probably released in 2005 or earlier, because the waitress turned the channel to Cartoon Network, and Krypto the Superdog was on, and thats been cancelled since 2006. Anyone have any idea what movie this is?

That sounds like The Cell, but I've only seen small parts of it.

EDIT: I'm proud of myself!
Spoiler:
A horse standing in a room, then a wall-clock ticking backwards and upon reaching the end a set of glass panes coming down and severing the horse, sushi-style, into several neat pieces that remain suspending in mid-air within the glass; only with the horse not dying and still being alive with the seperated chunks of its lungs still breathing and its ears still twitching.

from http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheCell
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

User avatar
JBJ
Posts: 1263
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:20 pm UTC
Location: a point or extent in space

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby JBJ » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:09 pm UTC

"The Cell"
IMDB
wikipedia
Edit: Damn Beatle ninja's
So, you sacked the cocky khaki Kicky Sack sock plucker?
The second cocky khaki Kicky Sack sock plucker I've sacked since the sixth sitting sheet slitter got sick.

User avatar
Vicare
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:51 am UTC

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby Vicare » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:11 pm UTC

Thanks man, thats it! You are awesome!

EDIT: I thank both of you, or course!!! If you hadn't gotten it tho, my Omegle chat guy found it about 10 seconds after I read your post. So Beatles ninja ninja'd 2 people!
GENERATION 2: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.
---
quod erat demonstrandum, baby!

User avatar
Kartoffelkopf
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:44 am UTC

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby Kartoffelkopf » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:45 am UTC

Fuzzy_Wuzzy.bmp wrote:Mr. Potatohead, if what you're talking about is not some Raggedy Ann cartoon, and it seems unlikely it is, then I'm afraid I can't help you. But I might recall something about a cartoon that may or may not have existed that seems similar. The scene is basically two toys in a garbage dump being all sad that they were abandoned, or something like that. They may or may not have been a teddy bear and a doll. Ring any bells?

I think that's the one
(sorry for late reply, I don't come here often)

User avatar
mystic_aura
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:45 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere warm, munching a carrot.

Anyone remember the Japanese drama 'Yosheen'?

Postby mystic_aura » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:38 am UTC

I'm not sure if the name of the show itself was called 'Yosheen' - but the main character [a girl] was named Yosheen and I remember watching the subbed show nearly ten years ago. T'was really sweet as far as I can recall.

I tried looking it up except I can't seem to find any trace of it anywhere. Does anyone remember watching the show =)?
'I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself king of infinite space.' - Hamlet

User avatar
Flightless_bird
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:45 pm UTC
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be.

Movie I can't remember the name of...

Postby Flightless_bird » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:55 pm UTC

Hi!

The movie is about a woman who every time she falls asleep wakes up in a different place. She falls asleep in America and wakes up in France. She is a single mom in France and in America she is just single. She meets a guy in each world which she falls in love with and she doesn't let them spend the night because she is afraid that she will be woken up by "force" and that something bad will happen in the other world.

Does anyone have a clue?
Trying is the first step towards failure

Brother Maynard
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:32 pm UTC

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby Brother Maynard » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:49 am UTC

Years ago, back when I was a little kid, there was this one time that I woke up in the wee hours of the morning and turned on the T.V. and ran across some show that I watched for a minute, and the whole time was a montage of roach-like bugs (can't say cockroaches outright as the memory's fuzzy) crawling out from places, like a sink drain, around a clock, and out of a man's mouth. Note: I have never had cable, so that might narrow it down.

This has been annoying me lately. D:

User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
Posts: 8572
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Denver

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby Zohar » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:25 am UTC

Brother Maynard wrote:Years ago, back when I was a little kid, there was this one time that I woke up in the wee hours of the morning and turned on the T.V. and ran across some show that I watched for a minute, and the whole time was a montage of roach-like bugs (can't say cockroaches outright as the memory's fuzzy) crawling out from places, like a sink drain, around a clock, and out of a man's mouth. Note: I have never had cable, so that might narrow it down.

Off the top of my head, I can only think of Joe's Apartment. It would help if you told us roughly how many years ago that was.
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name

User avatar
JBJ
Posts: 1263
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:20 pm UTC
Location: a point or extent in space

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby JBJ » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:24 pm UTC

Zohar wrote:
Brother Maynard wrote:Years ago, back when I was a little kid, there was this one time that I woke up in the wee hours of the morning and turned on the T.V. and ran across some show that I watched for a minute, and the whole time was a montage of roach-like bugs (can't say cockroaches outright as the memory's fuzzy) crawling out from places, like a sink drain, around a clock, and out of a man's mouth. Note: I have never had cable, so that might narrow it down.

Off the top of my head, I can only think of Joe's Apartment. It would help if you told us roughly how many years ago that was.

First thing that came to my mind was Creepshow, specifically the "They're creeping up on you" segment.
Video here

Edit - didn't realize I double posted...
Flightless_bird wrote:Hi!

The movie is about a woman who every time she falls asleep wakes up in a different place. She falls asleep in America and wakes up in France. She is a single mom in France and in America she is just single. She meets a guy in each world which she falls in love with and she doesn't let them spend the night because she is afraid that she will be woken up by "force" and that something bad will happen in the other world.

Does anyone have a clue?

Passion of Mind
So, you sacked the cocky khaki Kicky Sack sock plucker?
The second cocky khaki Kicky Sack sock plucker I've sacked since the sixth sitting sheet slitter got sick.

User avatar
Balsamic
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:00 am UTC
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby Balsamic » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:18 pm UTC

I remember catching something randomly on TV years ago.

Scifi theme, likely a one-off episode from a show like The Twilight Zone or Amazing Stories. The show centred around a small group of humans living in a primitive society finding remnants of tools or other artefacts in the ground and thus questioning a group of aliens who were their protectors / creators / similar. Eventually the humans confronted these aliens, who said that they had discovered the human colony (earth?) devoid of life and cloned the humans to give them a second chance, as they had found records that humans had given several animal species a second chance through cloning that they had previously previously exterminated.

That's all I remember, unfortunately.

Any takers?
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray wrote:I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their good intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies.

User avatar
Captain Control
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:29 am UTC

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby Captain Control » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:57 am UTC

I only really remember the last part of the movie. The protagonist gets backed into by an RV and while he is on the ground, pulls out a sharpie and writes some rhyme or poem or something that has been seeing everywhere on the bumper of the RV. The RV then drives off.
Then there was one scene where he was at a urinal and he saw that same poem.
Iunno, it's been bugging me for ever.

User avatar
Decker
Posts: 2071
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:22 pm UTC
Location: Western N.Y.

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby Decker » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:36 pm UTC

This isn't a movie, but a preview that I watched of a CGI movie and I can't find any information on it since I saw the preview. In the preview, a family is visiting the pyramids of Egypt and their little kid gets away from them. The kid goes up a wooden ramp and falls off the end, landing on the pyramid. The pyramid is actually a baloon! The real one has been stolen!
I think the movie is called "Nefarious" something or some synonem of it, but I can not find any information on it. (There is a movie called Nefarious out. I'm pretty sure that's not it).

EDIT! Nevermind! I just found it
Despicable Me
I was angry with my friend. I told my wrath. My wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe. I told it not. My wrath did grow.

User avatar
JBJ
Posts: 1263
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:20 pm UTC
Location: a point or extent in space

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby JBJ » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:44 pm UTC

So, you sacked the cocky khaki Kicky Sack sock plucker?
The second cocky khaki Kicky Sack sock plucker I've sacked since the sixth sitting sheet slitter got sick.

User avatar
Decker
Posts: 2071
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:22 pm UTC
Location: Western N.Y.

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby Decker » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:47 pm UTC

I was impressed by the trailer. I think it's going to be good.
I was angry with my friend. I told my wrath. My wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe. I told it not. My wrath did grow.

User avatar
lemurdoom
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:21 pm UTC

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby lemurdoom » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:30 am UTC

I've got one:

It was a sci-fi-ish movie where the earth was dying because something was wrong with it's core. So they tunneled to the core in some train-like thing and set off nukes (which magically fixed everything).

That's really all I can remember.

User avatar
Zohar
COMMANDER PORN
Posts: 8572
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:45 pm UTC
Location: Denver

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby Zohar » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:08 am UTC

Uh... maybe you're talking about The Core? Horrible movie, BTW.
Mighty Jalapeno: "See, Zohar agrees, and he's nice to people."
SecondTalon: "Still better looking than Jesus."

Not how I say my name


Return to “Movies and TV Shows”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests