Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Zarq

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name

Postby Zarq » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:48 pm UTC

The South Park episode Krazy Kripples? http://www.southparkstuff.com/season_7/ ... i702script
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:52 pm UTC

Ages and ages and ages ago, I saw a movie, and all I remember about the very end are:

• Either a cyborg, or someone in a cyborg-suit
  • He's leaking some sort of white stuff out of a hole on his suit, and losing power
  • He fights another sort of cyborg/suit at the very end
  • I think the suit fills up with the white stuff after he wins the fight
  • The very end shows the cyborg/suit in a museum somewhere, with a closeup on the faceplate that you know has a person behind the white stuff

I really wish I could remember more of this, but it was decades ago.

broken_escalator
They're called stairs

Postby broken_escalator » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:04 pm UTC

Does this link help at all? It is a really small list but maybe it is on there. :?

emceng

Postby emceng » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:21 pm UTC

Zarq wrote:The South Park episode Krazy Kripples? http://www.southparkstuff.com/season_7/ ... i702script

Oh man, thanks, it was really bugging me. I was thinking it was from a cartoon, but could not place it.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Ankit1010

Postby Ankit1010 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:43 am UTC

There's this movie, set in oldish england about a guy. A painter (I think his name is Basil) paints a portrait of him, and it turns out that the portrait absorbs every bad effect on his body or soul into itself (so his face becomes deformed in the portrait, and eventually it starts crawling with filthy bugs and worms, and he hides it in his basement), so that he remains at the same age, and in perfect health. He kills the painter. He lives a wild life, does evilish things.
Anyone?

EDIT: Found it. Dorian Gray.

Tania

Postby Tania » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:49 am UTC

I swear to God my dad once rented a terrible movie about time travel where the main character guy goes back in time and falls in love with a girl that ends up being his great^n ancestor. Does this sound familiar to anyone?? Every time I bring it up people think I'm crazy.

P.S. I'm new here, it's my first post. :D

sugarhyped

Postby sugarhyped » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:27 pm UTC

Tania wrote:I swear to God my dad once rented a terrible movie about time travel where the main character guy goes back in time and falls in love with a girl that ends up being his great^n ancestor. Does this sound familiar to anyone?? Every time I bring it up people think I'm crazy.

P.S. I'm new here, it's my first post. :D

Congrats on your first post!

Is it Timerider: The Adventure of Lyle Swann
It's got a guy who rides his motorcyle into the past and has sex with a woman and ends up becoming his own great^n father. He realizes this when the woman takes a pendant that has been in his family for generations.
I wanted a signature. I don't know what to put here yet.

Jorpho

Postby Jorpho » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:56 pm UTC

I was surfing around the 'Net yesterday. At some point - I don't know where, exactly; I thought it might have been somuchpun.com or somewhere else on the Cheezburger network, but I can't find it now – I noted a poster image for some relatively obscure CG animated movie. The image had three alien-looking characters on it, vaguely like Klayman from The Neverhood. I might have even read about the movie sometime before.

The name was short - something along the lines of Galco or Cogal or some variant thereof. But I lost said note and I am getting very frustrated as to where I may have seen it!

EDIT: Ah, Delgo! Now, what site did I see that image on?

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:Ages and ages and ages ago, I saw a movie, and all I remember about the very end are:

• Either a cyborg, or someone in a cyborg-suit
  • He's leaking some sort of white stuff out of a hole on his suit, and losing power
  • He fights another sort of cyborg/suit at the very end
  • I think the suit fills up with the white stuff after he wins the fight
  • The very end shows the cyborg/suit in a museum somewhere, with a closeup on the faceplate that you know has a person behind the white stuff

I really wish I could remember more of this, but it was decades ago.
Not Guyver, is it?

Kurushimi

Postby Kurushimi » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:26 pm UTC

There's this movie I watched a bit of recently. There was this guy with a really overactive imagination. He talked to himself a whole lot (but I guess that was just so the audience would know what he was thinking). He was complaining about how his wife called to check up on him late at night, even though he's been faithful for years despite the fact that "women have been all over him". I put the last part in quotes because he goes on to talk about a few examples where women have thrown themselves at him, and these examples are obviously greatly exaggerated. He told these stories while pretending he was talking to his wife, who just laughed at his overactive imagination. That is, he obviously was making things up. Anyways there was this beautiful blonde women who just moved in and he tried to fight the urge to cheat on his wife, but he ended up inviting her to his apartment anyways. I stopped watching after that, though.

The movie was in color but it seemed pretty old. The color quality wasn't good and the guy had a record player. So, yeah.

a_fuzzyduck

Postby a_fuzzyduck » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:09 pm UTC

wkw
"GRAPHICS WERE NOT AS GOOD IN THE PAST BUT WE WERE HAPPIER AND MORE INNOCENT THEN" - every retro gaming review, ever

BeingEarnest

Postby BeingEarnest » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:53 pm UTC

Felstaff wrote:

...TOO BAD YOU'LL PROBABLY NEVER COME BACK TO THE FORUM, HUH

Hi there, not sure what you meant by this Felstaff but I would've been back before now if I could've been!!! Somehow I managed to get lost on the net and lost the bookmark. Anyways, thank you so much for your info (the Daredevils of the Red Circle & the Boy from Space). It really has been bugging me for years... I feel elated now that I know this. I never thought I would ever get the answers to those questions... Thank you so much.

PS. If ever anyone asks me now about a TV Series or Movie that I don't know the answer to I'll be sending them to this forum.

Thanks again - I can rest easier at night now.

Sockmonkey

Postby Sockmonkey » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:01 am UTC

Ok, there was this weird short thing I remember seeing on Sesame Strret way back when. It was one of those psychedellic things they seemed so fond of back in the beginning that were pretty freaky to my 5 year old brain. Anyhow, it was this thing showing a circle as it's radius line bounced around inside it tracing arcs and there was this odd chanting vocal sort of thing playing during it. I don't know if that chant thing has a name or if it was just made up for that bit. Anybody remember it or what it's called?

blu

Postby blu » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:35 am UTC

Sockmonkey wrote:

Is it this?

You reminded me of some weird/cool things I didn't remember about Sesame Street. Thanks.

Sockmonkey

Postby Sockmonkey » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:59 am UTC

blu wrote:
Sockmonkey wrote:

Is it this?

You reminded me of some weird/cool things I didn't remember about Sesame Street. Thanks.

Yes! That's the one. I don't know if the writers were high or geniuses. I always loved the geometry bit but the pinball machine one freaked me right the fuck out. The bit with the capital "I" was cool too.

mandycook3kids

Postby mandycook3kids » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:43 am UTC

I am looking for the same movie as Mighty Jalapeno. If anyone finds out the name please tell me.

hihowru7

Postby hihowru7 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:16 pm UTC

yesterday i was wathcing a animae about a high school student who can turn into a monster and then gos around on a postal ship that is a air ship and the startr killing things like humanoids or somthing close

sbarr

Postby sbarr » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:39 pm UTC

This might be a tough one. It is a sci-fi movie set in the future in space. It is a very low budget movie (bad special effects, no name actors). The plot is a group that goes around finding junk to sell comes across some military base and finds a weapon. The name of the movie is the weapon they find, which sounds pretty badass and is also an acronym which describes what the weapon does.

jaap

Postby jaap » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:18 am UTC

sbarr wrote:This might be a tough one. It is a sci-fi movie set in the future in space. It is a very low budget movie (bad special effects, no name actors). The plot is a group that goes around finding junk to sell comes across some military base and finds a weapon. The name of the movie is the weapon they find, which sounds pretty badass and is also an acronym which describes what the weapon does.

Syngenor?
If not, can you give a rough idea of when the movie was made? Was it an American movie?
Maybe you can look on wikipedia and see if any of the titles trigger a bell.

sbarr

Postby sbarr » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:12 pm UTC

Not Syngenor, I think it was made after 2000. The spoken language was English, but I definitely got a Japanese vibe from it. I have not found it on any Wikipedia lists, probably not memorable enough for an entry.

Kurushimi

Postby Kurushimi » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:36 am UTC

This is simple.
Who is this guy? 4Chan doesn't do hotlinking. NEVER hotlink from 4chan. Ever. -ST

I remember he's from something awesome. Can't remember what.

jaap

Postby jaap » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:51 am UTC

Kurushimi wrote:This is simple.
Who is this guy?

I can't see the image because 4chan does not allow hotlinking. You can probably see the image because it is in your browser cache, but no one else can.

Mammon

Postby Mammon » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:00 pm UTC

There's this one Disney movie about two girls who accidentally start a housefire, and are forced to work in a dairy factory... anyone know what it is?

JBJ

Postby JBJ » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:43 pm UTC

Mammon wrote:There's this one Disney movie about two girls who accidentally start a housefire, and are forced to work in a dairy factory... anyone know what it is?

Cow Belles
Not a movie I've seen, just very easy to Google given the information.
So, you sacked the cocky khaki Kicky Sack sock plucker?
The second cocky khaki Kicky Sack sock plucker I've sacked since the sixth sitting sheet slitter got sick.

krucifi

Postby krucifi » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:04 am UTC

ok i seen this film 2 and a half years back but i was obscenely ill so the details are quite sketchy.
I think its an australian film, the accents sounded quite aussie. the film is like paranormal activity and blair witch with the whole camera POV thing. but it isnt a horror. more like a violent drama. these guys go around torturing and (eventually) killing people and call themselves razor- somethings (im thinking razor mouths, which i thought was the name of the film but it i cant find it anywhere) one of the guys in this film is spitting image of irish comedian Ed Byrne. they commit violent acts in the name of anarchy. there is a scene where they pretend to be interviewing for journalist reasons and ask a traffic warden about his job then beat him up and kidnap him. i never got to see the end cos the dvd had a MASSIVE scratch in it. razor something.... i keep searching all i get is razors edge and razorback both of which have nothing to do with this film. HELP MEH!!!!
Yes, my name is the negative frequency of radioactive decay, of the initial speed of light's radius.
And on the eighth day God created Irony.
But on the ninth day Satan was all like, "Nuh uh!"
And ironically made Alanis Morrisette his minion.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:35 am UTC

Razor Eaters perhaps?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

ConMan
Shepherd's Pie?

Postby ConMan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:41 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Razor Eaters perhaps?

Even if it's the wrong film, if it has Angus "Gussy Wussy" Sampson in it it's automatically an Australian classic.
pollywog wrote:
Wikihow wrote:* Smile a lot! Give a gay girl a knowing "Hey, I'm a lesbian too!" smile.
I want to learn this smile, perfect it, and then go around smiling at lesbians and freaking them out.

krucifi

Postby krucifi » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:55 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Razor Eaters perhaps?

eureka. i bow to thee. thanks so much
And yes that guy in the picture looks IDENTICAL to ed byrne the irish comedian. WTf full on doppelganger. or seperated at birth.
.... although looking at it closer im starting to see a bit of johnny depp too...
Yes, my name is the negative frequency of radioactive decay, of the initial speed of light's radius.
And on the eighth day God created Irony.
But on the ninth day Satan was all like, "Nuh uh!"
And ironically made Alanis Morrisette his minion.

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:07 am UTC

Howdy, the all-knowing fora readers.

This movie has been bugging me for quite a long time and the problem is - the only thing I remember, and to make things worse - only vaguely - is the ending. Supposedly, it's two guys sitting under the bridge or something similar, perhaps sitting on some concrete blocks, be it wreckage or construction and they may or may not be partly surrounded by water. These two characters have just either escaped something or done some big job, and most likely became friends in the process. One of them - could be the oldest one - may or may not be an ex-criminal, since when the police comes to the scene, he mysteriously disappears, but even then it's slightly light-hearted.

Thanks in advance!
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

ArgonV

Postby ArgonV » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:13 pm UTC

Jar'O'Jam wrote:Howdy, the all-knowing fora readers.

This movie has been bugging me for quite a long time and the problem is - the only thing I remember, and to make things worse - only vaguely - is the ending. Supposedly, it's two guys sitting under the bridge or something similar, perhaps sitting on some concrete blocks, be it wreckage or construction and they may or may not be partly surrounded by water. These two characters have just either escaped something or done some big job, and most likely became friends in the process. One of them - could be the oldest one - may or may not be an ex-criminal, since when the police comes to the scene, he mysteriously disappears, but even then it's slightly light-hearted.

Thanks in advance!

It's not completely accurate, but the general idea is right; could it be The Rock?

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:34 pm UTC

ArgonV wrote:It's not completely accurate, but the general idea is right; could it be The Rock?

I'll give it a try in a couple of days, thanks!
Agronica - my musical outlet for the past couple of years - give it a listen at Soundcloud

Low Caliber

Postby Low Caliber » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:23 am UTC

This has been bugging me for a while now and my googling has failed. I only watched a few minutes but now really want to find out what it was.
The stuff I can remember runs like this:

There was a man, fairly handsome, playing chess against a bust(I think), I can't recall whether we knew that initially or came to that conclusion later. During this chess game there is the sound of a mob and someone throws something through his window. Outside there are a bunch of vaguely witchlike people throwing firebombs and rocks at his well appointed lodgings(converted hotel room? I seem to recall hotel like aspects). The guy grabs a rifle looks through some fancy scope and fires a few potshots dispersing the crowd. seemed to be set in a sort of post apocalyptic future setting. Later he is walking through what seems like the lobby of this hotel-like building, seems pretty wrecked up, seems to come across someone he knew in an office off of the lobby perhaps? This is where my memory ends.

godspeed forumites.

sugarhyped

Postby sugarhyped » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:32 pm UTC

Low Caliber wrote:This has been bugging me for a while now and my googling has failed. I only watched a few minutes but now really want to find out what it was.
The stuff I can remember runs like this:

There was a man, fairly handsome, playing chess against a bust(I think), I can't recall whether we knew that initially or came to that conclusion later. During this chess game there is the sound of a mob and someone throws something through his window. Outside there are a bunch of vaguely witchlike people throwing firebombs and rocks at his well appointed lodgings(converted hotel room? I seem to recall hotel like aspects). The guy grabs a rifle looks through some fancy scope and fires a few potshots dispersing the crowd. seemed to be set in a sort of post apocalyptic future setting. Later he is walking through what seems like the lobby of this hotel-like building, seems pretty wrecked up, seems to come across someone he knew in an office off of the lobby perhaps? This is where my memory ends.

godspeed forumites.

My googling results in Omega Man?
I wanted a signature. I don't know what to put here yet.

Low Caliber

Postby Low Caliber » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:46 pm UTC

sugarhyped wrote:My googling results in Omega Man?

thanks, that was the one.

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:26 pm UTC

I'm looking for a late 1980s/early 1990s (somewhere between 1987-1991) film, starring an established actor (like Nick Nolte, or Robert Redford--but neither of those two) as a teacher. His student writes an absolutely brilliant {novel|screenplay} and he steals it and {murders|attempts to murder} the student, because the work is *that* important. At the end there is some crappy symbolism of a typewriter falling to the ground and smashing (symbolising the death of... something. Writing, integrity, whatever) Basically, it's a Dramatic Shattering (Warning: TVTropes) that involves a typewriter instead of Charles Foster Kane's snowglobe.

It's really bugging me. Why do I think it's a Nick Nolte film? I think it might be a big 90s director, too (Landis, Lucas, et al)

Edit: Recent help from an entire pubsworth of people have suggested The Wonder Boys, with Michael Douglas & Tobey Maguire, based on the student/teacher relationship and the old-fashioned typewriter. If anyone has seen it and can verify the imagery of said smashing typewriter, slowly falling to the ground, please let me know! However, I'm adamant that the student gets killed/attempted murder against him by the teacher, and I am sure it was early 90s/late 80s (Wonder Boys is 2000, and I watched the film between 2000-2002. I recall commenting on the dated 90s aesthetic of it.)
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

jestingrabbit
Factoids are just Datas that haven't grown up yet

Postby jestingrabbit » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:58 am UTC

It makes me think of D.O.A. (1988), but I can't confirm the symbolism. Has Dennis Quaid as the lead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D.O.A._%281988_film%29

It definitely has a teacher-stealing-students-work plot in there, but I can't confirm the imagery.
ameretrifle wrote:Magic space feudalism is therefore a viable idea.

suffer-cait
Yes, that's my perfectly normal house cat, why do you ask?

Postby suffer-cait » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:30 am UTC

sounds like a less shitty version of Big Fat Liar.
ImageImageImageImageImage

emceng

Postby emceng » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:43 pm UTC

Makes me think of Throw Mama from the Train. Similar, but not what you're thinking of.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - CS Lewis

Jar'O'Jam

Postby Jar'O'Jam » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:18 am UTC

Jar'O'Jam wrote:
ArgonV wrote:It's not completely accurate, but the general idea is right; could it be The Rock?

I'll give it a try in a couple of days, thanks!

It's indeed what I was looking for. One more thanks! And boy oh boy, how much fun it was.

XiaAsylum

Postby XiaAsylum » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:33 am UTC

When I was a kid (in the mid 1990s) my family used to rent movies every weekend. There was one time when we rented an animated film about a magic clarinet (or flut? recorder?). I remember it looked a bit dated already so it was probably done in the 70s or 80s. It starts off with the main character-- a boy with ... brown hair?-- in a green house. Somehow from there he ends up in "another world" and has some task to fulfill using the magic instrument. However I can't remember the goal nor the opposing force of the movie. I want to say there might have been a girl with blond hair, but I can't be sure.

The main thing I /do/ remember, however, was this... black, ink-blob, like sprite/elf (completely black-black, no hair nor clothes that I can remember, and NOT African decended; like, other-world-creature black) that was a mischevious character who, for some reason, wanted the magic instrument. He got it at some point, played it, and caused a bunch of... things (mushrooms? bubbles? ... blobs?) to at first dance and then surround him. He finally gives the instrument back to the boy, deciding that it was too much hassle to deal with.

Please, please, please someone help me find this! It's been bugging my siblings and I for years now! Our parents don't remember us watching this, but we do. (Don't say "The Magic Flute" because it isn't.)

Zarq

Postby Zarq » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:06 am UTC

The Smurfs and the Magic Flute
?
You rang?

"It is better to shit yourself, than to die of constipation." - Some picture on reddit

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”