Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

lostfan815

Re: Things you remember watching but can't remember the name of

Postby lostfan815 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:00 am UTC

Ok, so I have 2

1. There was this horror movie that had about 10 people in a big house and they were dieing but it was like from the 60s and really cheesy, and at one point the main par of the house becomes like the ocean, but it was SOOOO fake, like paper waves and I can't really explain it, but yeah, It may of had hill in the title, like house on haunted hill, it was a haunted house,

and

2. I was young(like 8, like 1998) and there was this cartoon movie that played on Halloween there was this boy and a carnival, and a whole lot of leaves, and the carnival was really dark, and there was this character like a skinny man and he was the antagonist, It was a cartoon, mabey from the 80's, I can't remember it.

and I know it is not House on haunted hill with Vincent price.

Please help, this has been driving me nuts for 8 years

Fuzzy_Wuzzy.bmp

Postby Fuzzy_Wuzzy.bmp » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:36 am UTC

I don't know about 1., but 2. might be The Halloween Tree. There was a carnival at night, a skinny creepy dude, and leaves at some point.

DaMullet

Postby DaMullet » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:04 am UTC

Back in the late '90s, when I was endeared toward Saturday Morning programming, there was a show on Cartoon Network about three guys in exosuits, one green, one blue, and one... Either red or yellow, don't recall rightly... Anyhow, the green one turned into a motorcycle, the blue one turned into a plane, and the third one was aquatic, somehow, and all three of them had extraneous weapons beamed to them from a Star-Trek-ish command center.

Anyone able to help me out?

Also, there was a show with the same basic premise as Street Sharks, but with dinosaurs instead.
Will wrote:Andrew Jackson was all kinds of badass.

SecondTalon wrote:Out in the wasteland
Driving cars of rusted steel
oh, look. Burma Shave.

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:HACKS ARE STING OUR SYLLES AND SING THEM TO TERRISTS!

Fuzzy_Wuzzy.bmp

Postby Fuzzy_Wuzzy.bmp » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:56 am UTC

DaMullet wrote:Back in the late '90s, when I was endeared toward Saturday Morning programming, there was a show on Cartoon Network about three guys in exosuits, one green, one blue, and one... Either red or yellow, don't recall rightly... Anyhow, the green one turned into a motorcycle, the blue one turned into a plane, and the third one was aquatic, somehow, and all three of them had extraneous weapons beamed to them from a Star-Trek-ish command center.

CENTURIONS!
MAN AND MACHINE, POWERXTREME!

Also, the air guy, he was called Ace McCloud. Ace McCloud.

Now help me.
I remember watching a show (not cartoon) about this boy who fell in a coma by falling from a treehouse, and got transported to some weird land (his subconscious, I guess), where everyone was a kid, the king or master or shadowy figure of power there was the oldest kid (like 20ish), probably his dad, I think he's called Brad, whom we almost never see, everything is weird and dystopic, and sometimes the world outside of the kids dreams affects the world inside. Like in this one episode, one of his friends (from before he fell in the coma) accidentaly breaks his binoculars, and the sun in Comaland (it's not actually called that) is eclipsed. A caravan of gypsies is blamed, and they're almost pushed into the ocean by the police in Comaland, when the friend who broke the binoculars fixes them, and the sun is back and everyone's happy and noone kills the gypsies. So, what is it?

DaMullet

Postby DaMullet » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:57 am UTC

Thank you SO MUCH! That's been bothering me for... 7 or 8 years now. You win at LEAST 3 of my own personal internets (I'll send them them on Friday morning so they'll arrive yesterday...).

Now I can rest easy. The other show, I had a toy of, and I think the catchphrase was something like, "Teeth, claws, muscles and jaws!"

oh, look. Burma Shave.

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:HACKS ARE STING OUR SYLLES AND SING THEM TO TERRISTS!

Sockmonkey

Postby Sockmonkey » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:06 am UTC

Fuzzy_Wuzzy.bmp wrote:
DaMullet wrote:Back in the late '90s, when I was endeared toward Saturday Morning programming, there was a show on Cartoon Network about three guys in exosuits, one green, one blue, and one... Either red or yellow, don't recall rightly... Anyhow, the green one turned into a motorcycle, the blue one turned into a plane, and the third one was aquatic, somehow, and all three of them had extraneous weapons beamed to them from a Star-Trek-ish command center.

CENTURIONS!
MAN AND MACHINE, POWERXTREME!

Also, the air guy, he was called Ace McCloud. Ace McCloud.

Now help me.
I remember watching a show (not cartoon) about this boy who fell in a coma by falling from a treehouse, and got transported to some weird land (his subconscious, I guess), where everyone was a kid, the king or master or shadowy figure of power there was the oldest kid (like 20ish), probably his dad, I think he's called Brad, whom we almost never see, everything is weird and dystopic, and sometimes the world outside of the kids dreams affects the world inside. Like in this one episode, one of his friends (from before he fell in the coma) accidentaly breaks his binoculars, and the sun in Comaland (it's not actually called that) is eclipsed. A caravan of gypsies is blamed, and they're almost pushed into the ocean by the police in Comaland, when the friend who broke the binoculars fixes them, and the sun is back and everyone's happy and noone kills the gypsies. So, what is it?

Ooo, I remember that show but not the name! I think it was on nickelodeon.

mrmanme

Postby mrmanme » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:22 pm UTC

When I spent a month in Denmark 10 years ago, there was an English show, subtitled. The title began with "Legend of...", but that was a Danish translation, so the original may have been different. It was I believe set in Africa, about people who got trapped by some tribespeople after their helicopter crashed. The female protagonist was called Nina.

Oh and I also once saw five minutes of a movie on TV that had Samuel Jackson in it. He walked into a room, starting yelling at people, and then gave them pills that made them shit themselves?

sje46

Postby sje46 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:36 pm UTC

mrmanme wrote:When I spent a month in Denmark 10 years ago, there was an English show, subtitled. The title began with "Legend of...", but that was a Danish translation, so the original may have been different. It was I believe set in Africa, about people who got trapped by some tribespeople after their helicopter crashed. The female protagonist was called Nina.

Oh and I also once saw five minutes of a movie on TV that had Samuel Jackson in it. He walked into a room, starting yelling at people, and then gave them pills that made them shit themselves?

51st state, or possilby Formula 51. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_51st_State

I'm really good at this.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

Fuzzy_Wuzzy.bmp

Postby Fuzzy_Wuzzy.bmp » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:23 pm UTC

Sockmonkey wrote:Ooo, I remember that show but not the name! I think it was on nickelodeon.

I went through all live-action shows by Nickelodeon on wikipedia, and it's not among them :(
Anyone else? It was really sweet, and oh so surreal.

Mo0man

Postby Mo0man » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:26 am UTC

So, request: Recent-ish movie about a man in a quarantine, and he hides in his house keeps absolutely everyone out, even his family cause he was afraid of dying. Apparently it has to do with a biological attack in a city. Also, that essentially all I know, as I haven't actually seen it, just wanted to and completely forgot about until now... Sorry

Edit: Also, movie poster has a brightly coloured background, with a guy in a gas mask in front of it
causa major dormuc vulnero ut ovis goatee
I'm number 20075. Remember that. It's important

the_stabbage

Postby the_stabbage » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:58 pm UTC

There's this Japanese movie I saw a while ago.

This family goes to visit the grandparents or something, it takes place out in the countryside. I remember once scene, the grandmother recounts seeing the atomic bomb, cue flashback to atomic bomb dropping, and there was a giant eye in the mushroom cloud.

I want to see this movie again because that eye freaked me the hell out.

Blokey

Postby Blokey » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:51 pm UTC

Fuzzy_Wuzzy.bmp wrote:
Now help me.

The Odyssey!

Shit, man! I'd forgotten about that show until now. Total nostalgia hit.
Only the tone of your own inner monologue separates a reading of superciliousness or philanthropy - Felstaff

Sockmonkey

Postby Sockmonkey » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:42 pm UTC

Blokey wrote:The Odyssey!

Ah thank you. That one has been picking at my brain ever since I read the question.

Prika

Postby Prika » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:03 am UTC

A few years ago I watched a movie on cable. It was actually quite depressing. The world had just gone through its very last war, which had been nuclear. I'm a little fuzzy on wether it had been a World War, but there had been a lot of nuclear bombing. All life was going to cease to exist because of the radiation, so the American goverment starts handing out medication so people wouldn't have to go through the painful process of dying from radiation exposure. I remember a family that decides to die together, so the parents place their little girl between them on the bed and give her a pill, and then they each take one themselves.

There was also a group of men on a submarine who had not been exposed yet, and they recieved a message about a place that was still clean (maybe something about a group of whales?). They went to check it out and it turned out to be a solar powered laptop that would send an old message over and over again. No life, however.

If anyone remembers this movie, I'd really appreciate it!
* Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkeness sobered, ... but stupidity lasts FOREVER. *

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:35 am UTC

It sounds a lot like On the Beach, which was set in Australia though, not America.

EDIT: Or maybe the 2000 remake. I'm guessing the 1959 version didn't have any laptops.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

Prika

Postby Prika » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:03 am UTC

JayDee wrote:It sounds a lot like On the Beach, which was set in Australia though, not America.

EDIT: Or maybe the 2000 remake. I'm guessing the 1959 version didn't have any laptops.

Yes! Thanks a lot! It's the 2000 remake!
* Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkeness sobered, ... but stupidity lasts FOREVER. *

Asmodieus

Postby Asmodieus » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:05 pm UTC

I was like 4 years old when i saw this movie, the only things i remember about are that the main dude finds the body of a murderd girl inside his wall after a series of flash backs. And at one point hes with a shrink or soemthing and he has some flash back where he sees the girl gettign choked by a black bag, at which point he starts suffocating too. I searched on wiki and i got nothing

and theres also this show that was on Cartoon Network when i went to colombia, it was about some space crew or something like that and they would go back in time and crap, and the leader of the group was some moronic guy with a huge chin.
Tillian wrote:Yeah, but the polar bears get more territorial during the summer, so we have to stay indoors.

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:56 am UTC

Asmodieus wrote:I was like 4 years old when i saw this movie, the only things i remember about are that the main dude finds the body of a murderd girl inside his wall after a series of flash backs. And at one point hes with a shrink or soemthing and he has some flash back where he sees the girl gettign choked by a black bag, at which point he starts suffocating too. I searched on wiki and i got nothing

If you are, like, 12 or so now, it could be Stir of Echoes, which has a guy digging up his cellar because of visions.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I believe that everything can and must be joked about.
Hawknc wrote:I like to think that he hasn't left, he's just finally completed his foe list.

DaMullet

Postby DaMullet » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:20 am UTC

Asmodieus wrote:and theres also this show that was on Cartoon Network when i went to colombia, it was about some space crew or something like that and they would go back in time and crap, and the leader of the group was some moronic guy with a huge chin.

This?

oh, look. Burma Shave.

Asmodieus

Postby Asmodieus » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:23 pm UTC

yea XD

and yea stir of echoes was the movie
Tillian wrote:Yeah, but the polar bears get more territorial during the summer, so we have to stay indoors.

barreyi

Postby barreyi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:34 pm UTC

Oort wrote:I got the idea from a thread in the Books forum.

I watched a sci-fi movie a long time ago. People lived on a non-rotating planet where it was daytime all the time, and there was a boiy who could turn into animals. At one point the bad guy puts a parasitic worm into the good guy's foot. Any ideas?

I think the show was called White Dwarf, maybe.
Hey, guess what?
Spoiler:
I'm right behind you.

Surprising isn't it.

sje46

Postby sje46 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:41 pm UTC

Mods:
Is it alright if we give clues to a show that we already know as a game, or would that belong in the games section?
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.

barreyi

Postby barreyi » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:17 am UTC

Alright, I am not sure if I made this show up in my head or not. It was a cartoon in the early 90s or late 80s and it was about humanoid cats that lived in a submarine maybe, they couldn't really go out into the water until they jumped into a special pool in their sub that turned them into sharks. I think the show was called "Tiger Sharks" but I'm not sure. It seems like the same type of show as Thundercats or Silverhawks. I just wanted to see if anyone remembers this show or I made it up in my head.

*Edit*-----------------------------------------
So the show was called Tiger Sharks, but it was about humans not cats who transformed into fish, although I think they have pointed ears so maybe that's why I thought they were cats. It was by the same people who made Thunder Cats. The show only aired one season.

Second one, was a cartoon that was based on a line of action figures I think that had special powers. The action figures had a hologram on their chest that was a symbol of what their ability was. One person had a cheetah on their chest and so they were really fast. I have no idea what this was called but it is bothering me. Anyone?
Hey, guess what?
Spoiler:
I'm right behind you.

Surprising isn't it.

Fuzzy_Wuzzy.bmp

Postby Fuzzy_Wuzzy.bmp » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:30 am UTC

Blokey wrote:The Odyssey!

Marry me.

barreyi

Postby barreyi » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:50 pm UTC

sje46 wrote:Mods:
Is it alright if we give clues to a show that we already know as a game, or would that belong in the games section?

Hint One: Cartoon, Eyes of the Hawk, Ears of the Wolf, Strength of the Bear, Speed of the Puma

Hint Two:
Spoiler:
Futuristic alien world with wild west motif

Hint Three:
Spoiler:
Native American Sheriff riding a horse that turns humanoid and shoots a gun

Give Up:
Spoiler:
BraveStar
Hey, guess what?
Spoiler:
I'm right behind you.

Surprising isn't it.

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:59 pm UTC

I'm not speaking with any authority, but I myself would prefer this thread to be for people who genuinely can't remember the name of what they saw. I know if I was trying to find somethign that desperately (Like I was with Vandal Hearts just a few years ago) I'd be annoyed if people were too busy playing someone else's game to help me. But it's up to you guys, or SecondTalon (This is his fora, after all).

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:29 am UTC

Jesse wrote:But it's up to you guys, or SecondTalon (This is his fora, after all).

But you out-rank SecondTalon!

sje46

Postby sje46 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:58 am UTC

Wait. Second talon is a dude?

DaMullet

Postby DaMullet » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:12 am UTC

I always envisioned the mods sort of like AI. They identify to a gender, but on the other side of the screen, they're really just closing the pod bay doors for the good of the mission. Or pimping out Haley Joel Osment.

oh, look. Burma Shave.

Mr. Beck
Commencing Countdown, Engines On

Postby Mr. Beck » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:22 pm UTC

sje46 wrote:Wait. Second talon is a dude?

The avatar is purely ironic.

<smug> I figured him out my first week here. </smug>

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:24 am UTC

JayDee wrote:
Jesse wrote:But it's up to you guys, or SecondTalon (This is his fora, after all).

But you out-rank SecondTalon!

Yeah, but he does more than me.

Raiku

Postby Raiku » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:18 pm UTC

Oh, there was a really good program-it was mabye 5 or 6 years ago. It was all in CG (Quite good CG aswell) and it was about these children. They lived in this futuristic city, and there were these things called 'The Vortex' (I think)
It was basically a giant purple tornado which ripped through the city. Anyone who went in it went into this thing called The Game (Yes, I did just lose twenty dollars and my self respect...), where they had so many lives, and had to find a way to escape-if you ran out of lives, you died in real life.... I just can't remember what it was called...

Fuzzy_Wuzzy.bmp

Postby Fuzzy_Wuzzy.bmp » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:39 am UTC

Sounds like Reboot. Although they were cubes, not vortexes. And everyone was always in a computer, that's what the futuristic city was, the inside of a computer, and that's how they really work. If anyone told you otherwise, they lied.

It makes perfect sense, too. The old 386's had, like, only a few houses in them, and these new ones have whole cities. And if you're wondering how come there was a city back then when they only had old computers, it's because the show is about the future.

Edit: Spelling, and, you might be thinking of a different show.

Roland the Headless

Postby Roland the Headless » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:56 am UTC

Does that mean that is I throw out an old computer I am killing off an entire city of little people?

Torvaun

Postby Torvaun » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:04 am UTC

Roland the Headless wrote:Does that mean that is I throw out an old computer I am killing off an entire city of little people?

I hope so.
Hawknc wrote:I don't know if you've never heard of trolling, or if you're just very good at it.

Raiku

Postby Raiku » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:09 pm UTC

Fuzzy_Wuzzy.bmp wrote:Sounds like Reboot. Although they were cubes, not vortexes. And everyone was always in a computer, that's what the futuristic city was, the inside of a computer, and that's how they really work. If anyone told you otherwise, they lied.

It makes perfect sense, too. The old 386's had, like, only a few houses in them, and these new ones have whole cities. And if you're wondering how come there was a city back then when they only had old computers, it's because the show is about the future.

Edit: Spelling, and, you might be thinking of a different show.

Yeah, that's the one-thanks! I really liked that programme-and my houses population must be... excuse the cliche, but Over 9000!!!, as none of our computers get thrown out, they just sit up in my dads office gathering dust...

Felstaff
Occam's Taser

Postby Felstaff » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:33 pm UTC

Can anybody tell me why I was so sure the puppet Lamb Chop was in the lesser, but no less puppety "Under the Umbrella Tree"? I know they were circa late-80s/early-90s but I was so sure the two programmes were interchangeable.

I think you might have to be somewhere between the ages of 22-28 for any of this to slap you with nostalgiabat.
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

Aradae

Postby Aradae » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:53 pm UTC

I remember seeing this when I was young. It was about a super-hero monkey or something. Well in what I believe was a season finale a god-like entity challenged the monkey to escape from his palm. The monkey flew off his palm and over to what he believed were four golden pillars at the edge of the universe. He drew a symbol on it and flew back to he deity's palm to tell him what he did.

The deity then turned his hand golden to show that those pillars at the edge of the universe were his fingers and to punish the monkey for his arrogance he trapped him in a rock shaped like his hand.

at least that's all i remember from it.
Guys guys guys! I found Russel's teapot! . . . nevermind, it was just Jesus flying to Mars again.

JayDee

Postby JayDee » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:31 am UTC

The story with the monkey and the pillars is a traditional Buddhist story of one kind or another, I do believe. I saw it recently in the final issue of Lucifer. The only show I ever saw as a child that included that type of thing was Monkey Magic, although I have no idea if that is the show you are referring to.

PatrickRsGhost

Postby PatrickRsGhost » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:25 pm UTC

Felstaff wrote:Can anybody tell me why I was so sure the puppet Lamb Chop was in the lesser, but no less puppety "Under the Umbrella Tree"? I know they were circa late-80s/early-90s but I was so sure the two programmes were interchangeable.

I think you might have to be somewhere between the ages of 22-28 for any of this to slap you with nostalgiabat.

Probably because the puppet designs for "Under The Umbrella Tree" are very similar to the designs for the puppets in "Lamb Chop's Playalong" or any other children's show of the 80s or 90s.

Gloria from "Under The Umbrella Tree" reminded me so much of Muffy from Today's Special.
PRG

An important message for you:

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”