Movie Mashups

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Clumpy

Movie Mashups

Postby Clumpy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:02 pm UTC

I always thought that they should make a film that apes "Mad City" and "Night at the Museum", a hostage drama/comedy with something for everyone, provided you're a little touched in the head.

Synopsis:

Mad at the Museum: Embittered security guard John Travolta takes a tour group of children hostage trying to protect his career. Adventuresome hilarity ensues as the exhibits come alive at the stroke of midnight. A model indian chief, T-Rex skeleton model and eventually the U.S. military take the group on a journey that they won't soon forget!

It would be even better if they went with Mad City's ending.

Do you have any mashups of your own?

Sir_Elderberry

Re: Movie Mashups

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:05 am UTC

Pulp Club: Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta are hitmen ordered to take down Fight Club. The entire movie becomes one string of the most epic quotes imaginable.
http://www.geekyhumanist.blogspot.com -- Science and the Concerned Voter
Belial wrote:You are the coolest guy that ever cooled.

I reiterate. Coolest. Guy.

Well. You heard him.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:43 pm UTC

Sir_Elderberry wrote:Pulp Club: Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta are hitmen ordered to take down Fight Club. The entire movie becomes one string of the most epic quotes imaginable.

But it turns out that Samuel L. Jackson is actually a hallucination of John Travolta?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:07 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Sir_Elderberry wrote:Pulp Club: Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta are hitmen ordered to take down Fight Club. The entire movie becomes one string of the most epic quotes imaginable.

But it turns out that Samuel L. Jackson is actually a hallucination of John Travolta?

And they are both named Tyler Durden?

kwub

Postby kwub » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:22 pm UTC

Trek Wars Episode IV: The Undiscovered Galaxy
The crew of the Enterprise hits a strange energy cloud while traveling through subspace and is flung beyond the reaches of the Milky Way galaxy while simultaneously experiencing a bizarre temporal flux. Instantly the ship's crew finds themselves under heavy energy fire, and discovers that they have emerged directly in the path of a strange warship of some sort attempting to fire on what appears to be a tiny transport vessel. After ordering shields raised to maximum, Picard has a channel opened and witnesses the black helm of Darth Vader on screen. He attempts to negotiate with Vader, who refuses to accept any terms but complete and immediate surrender. Instantly the weapons fire from the Imperial class star destroyer intensifies. Picard orders communications cut...

...and you can take it from here. Obviously this would pretty much be the best movie crossover of all time. Objectively and absolutely. The only point of contention is whether we give this particular venture to Kirk or Picard (my allegiance should be readily apparent), but I leave that to be fought out here.

Other possibilities for epic movie awesomeness include "Stargate: Serenity" and "Fullmetal Wizard and the Philosopher's Stone" (if only for the inevitable Ed vs. Harry showdown).

Herman

Postby Herman » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:29 pm UTC

"301."

River Tam vs. the 300 Spartans. No story, just a giant fight scene. And River has Firefly-era weapons.

Clumpy

Postby Clumpy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:06 am UTC

Herman wrote:"301."

River Tam vs. the 300 Spartans. No story, just a giant fight scene. And River has Firefly-era weapons.

Yeah - she massacres them all and then says one of her cryptic lines: "They're all covered in gold. Every last one of them, but they don't want to believe it. They can't see."

Of course nobody else would be around, so Jayne wouldn't be able to give her his "River just said something weird" Jayne look.

Force42

Postby Force42 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:18 pm UTC

X-Matrix

Mutants fighting Agents Smiths...that would be quite a matchup.

X-Wars would also be quite interesting...the Jedi aren't the only ones with mystical powers...

Not so much movies as a TV show mashup, but a Stargate-MacGyver crossover would be amazing.
One of my favorite lines from the entire Stargate series is Sam's "It took us fifteen years and three supercomputers to MacGyver a dialing program for the gate!"

Force42

Postby Force42 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:19 pm UTC

Clumpy wrote:
Herman wrote:"301."

Yeah - she massacres them all and then says one of her cryptic lines: "They're all covered in gold. Every last one of them, but they don't want to believe it. They can't see."

Of course nobody else would be around, so Jayne wouldn't be able to give her his "River just said something weird" Jayne look.

Something along these lines?:
Spoiler:

Stief

Postby Stief » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:49 am UTC

Reservoir Todd-just for a 'different' mr Blonde moment...
"While you're strapped up there, fancy a shave?" (Depp then goes on to sing a slightly more dramatic version of 'Stuck in the middle with you')

I'm crying inside at how terrible I am :(
bbctol wrote:There is a term for what you have created. I believe it is "Dude- that shit is EPIC."

Teknobo wrote:Seriously, try flying down the street in Need for Speed while listening to the bicycle theme from Pokémon. It's beyond fantastic.

aion7
Location: In a base with which you identify, killing dudes to whose team you belong

Postby aion7 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:59 am UTC

Interesting idea.

Beowulf: Men in Tights
The mighty warrior Beowulf and his largely inept companions Kill Grendel with tons of hilarious lines. Also, there are musical scenes.

Alien vs. X-Men
Aliens with a penchant for sneaking up behind people are here. Can the misfit band of mutants stop them?

Take the Maltese Falcon and Run
Woody Allen and Humphrey Bogart team up in this movie. 'Nuff said.
Spoiler:
Zeroignite wrote:And you have suddenly become awesome.

joshz wrote:Oh, you so win.

internets++ for aion7.

jerdak wrote:Nothing says hello like a coconut traveling near the speed of light.

pinkgothic

Postby pinkgothic » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:26 am UTC

This thread is made of win.

The Jurassic Cube - the original Cube, filled with... well, actually, mostly raptors. Raptors that know their way around, unlike you, puny humans.

You know you want it.
Stuff: own scribblings; favourite mewsic: luxuria & @440; underrated game

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:24 pm UTC

Time to steal the above idea.

TransjurassicFormers: Giant robots that can turn into giant raptors.

Well. You heard him.

aion7
Location: In a base with which you identify, killing dudes to whose team you belong

Postby aion7 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:12 am UTC

Sir_Elderberry wrote:Time to steal the above idea.

The epicness of what you've created is epic in it's scale.
Spoiler:

internets++ for aion7.

jerdak wrote:Nothing says hello like a coconut traveling near the speed of light.

Sir_Elderberry

Postby Sir_Elderberry » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:27 am UTC

aion7 wrote:
Sir_Elderberry wrote:Time to steal the above idea.

The epicness of what you've created is epic in it's scale.

High praise. Sig'd, if you don't mind.

Well. You heard him.

aion7

Postby aion7 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:14 pm UTC

You deserve it.
Spoiler:

internets++ for aion7.

Force42

Postby Force42 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:37 pm UTC

Something along the lines of Scary Mary http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T5_0AGdFic would be fantastic.

Or "Back to the Apes" (Back to the Future/Planet of the Apes)

Jesse
Vocal Terrorist

Postby Jesse » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:22 pm UTC

Force42

Postby Force42 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:33 pm UTC

"Lord of the Horcruxes" (LOTR/ Harry Potter)...that would be interesting

or

"When Harry Met Frodo" We actually have a class with that title this semester...and I think it's been Rule 34'ed to some degree already...

"Silence at the Bates Motel"...Norman Bates and Hannibal Lecter become friends in the psychiatric prison/hospital and then escape...

"Strictly Dirty Dancing" (Strictly Ballroom/Dirty Dancing)...both great dancing movies...combining them would be epic...

"Close Encounter with Apollo 13" What if instead of a crippling explosion, the Apollo 13 spacecraft just disappeared? Only to reappear 20 years later, floating empty in orbit?

steewi

Postby steewi » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:40 pm UTC

Pan's The Labyrinth: A young Spanish girl must rescue her unborn baby brother from David Bowie in order to re-establish her identity as a goblin princess.

Starship Supertroopers: Bumbling cops battle giant space-bugs with great bodies in this hilarious B action comedy.

Donniefly Effect: A young misfit discovers he can change the past by ...wait they were the same movie!

davef
NomNomNommin' the Rockenclature!

Postby davef » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:44 pm UTC

Not really a movie mashup per se, but I'd love to see The Panto of the Opera, in which the Christine is trapped in the bowels of the Paris Opera House, while the audience roar "He's behind you!" at her.

EDIT (three days later) - What? No love for my joke? I thought it was great... :(
Ciúnas, bóthar, cailín, bainne.

Force42

Postby Force42 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:12 am UTC

aion7 wrote:Interesting idea.

Beowulf: Men in Tights
The mighty warrior Beowulf and his largely inept companions Kill Grendel with tons of hilarious lines. Also, there are musical scenes.

Grendel has been turned into an opera...

cypherspace

Postby cypherspace » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:34 pm UTC

I love this thread.

The Shawshank Suspects: Morgan Freeman narrates a story about five men and their quest for inspiration and freedom, but it turns out it was him trying to escape all along.

Die Hard With A Vendetta: Bruce Willis dons a mask to overthrow a totalitarian government with the use of many guns, explosions, witty one-liners and German terrorists.

Meet The Bourne Identity: Matt Damon plays the amnesiac assassin fiancee who inadvertently kills all his girlfriend's family after a series of hilarious mishaps.
"It was like five in the morning and he said he'd show me his hamster"

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”