Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Nyarlathotep
Not a god. Not even a titan.

Myst: the Motion Picture

Postby Nyarlathotep » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:20 am UTC

http://mystmovie.com/

It seems to be Very Legit.

The film is not going to be based on the original game (becuase that would be boring) but rather on the books, specifically (I think) the Book of Ti'Anna.

I, for one, am quite thrilled.
'Gehȳrst þū, sǣlida, hwæt þis folc segeð?
hī willað ēow tō gafole gāras syllan,
ǣttrynne ord and ealde swurd,
þā heregeatu þe ēow æt hilde ne dēah.

pinkgothic

Re: Myst: the Motion Picture

Postby pinkgothic » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:50 am UTC

Oooh! Exciting! *looks forward to this like she looks forward to the Oddworld movie that'll come out eventually - now all giddy due to new information*
Stuff: own scribblings; favourite mewsic: luxuria & @440; underrated game

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:36 pm UTC

The history of their teaser site, linked to in one of the blog posts, is really interesting. I wish someone had found this on January 1st so we could have participated in the deciphering.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

Amnesiasoft

Postby Amnesiasoft » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:11 am UTC

pinkgothic wrote:the Oddworld movie that'll come out eventually

wait, they're making an Oddworld movie. THAT IS SO AWESOME! *goes off to research movie some more*

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:19 am UTC

Bakemaster wrote:The history of their teaser site, linked to in one of the blog posts, is really interesting. I wish someone had found this on January 1st so we could have participated in the deciphering.

As do I; people might have had fun with it here. Myself, I only found it when the puzzles were done, and I suck at that sort of thing anyway.

pinkgothic

Postby pinkgothic » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:06 pm UTC

Amnesiasoft wrote:wait, they're making an Oddworld movie. THAT IS SO AWESOME! *goes off to research movie some more*

It's called Citizen Siege. Depending on whom you believe, it won't have much to do with the Oddworld you know from the games, though. But I assume some (or a lot of) the style might survive. *hope*

And, yes! @ puzzles. They would have made my puny head implode, but I would have loved to see it unfold. I read the whole UO/MO thread on it just to get a bit of a feel for the mood the other day. It was one of the best two hours of my time ever technically wasted.
Stuff: own scribblings; favourite mewsic: luxuria & @440; underrated game

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:33 am UTC

Nyarlathotep wrote:http://mystmovie.com/

It seems to be Very Legit.

The film is not going to be based on the original game (becuase that would be boring) but rather on the books, specifically (I think) the Book of Ti'Anna.

I, for one, am quite thrilled.

Wait, you're a fan of Myst?
Why there's nothing in say, your Signature or anything that would imply that you had anything more than a passing awareness of the game.

Siriusly though, I think this is kind of a flawed concept, watching someone turn rocks around for half an hour before finally opening the first door they come across is not my idea of entertainment.
But that's just me.
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

Owehn

Postby Owehn » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:03 am UTC

Maseiken wrote:Siriusly though, I think this is kind of a flawed concept, watching someone turn rocks around for half an hour before finally opening the first door they come across is not my idea of entertainment.
But that's just me.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Turning rocks around?
[This space intentionally left blank.]

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:34 pm UTC

Owehn wrote:
Maseiken wrote:Siriusly though, I think this is kind of a flawed concept, watching someone turn rocks around for half an hour before finally opening the first door they come across is not my idea of entertainment.
But that's just me.

I'm not entirely certain which puzzle he's referring to. Maybe he means the rotation room in Riven? Which wasn't turning rocks so much as spinning a room around a lot (becuase Ghen was a very strange man)

(Also, are you the self-same Owehn who cracked the login for the website? or you just have the same name...?)

Maseiken - They're basing the film on the novels anyway, so while I imagine they'll put in at least one reference to Silly Puzzles, that's not what the movie will be about.
I wouldn't put it past them to put some giant puzzle IN the movie for the fans to solve, though...

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:22 pm UTC

Maseiken wrote:Siriusly though, I think this is kind of a flawed concept

People may expect watching it to be a Chor Bahkh where you come from, but Achenardly wait! We D'nid any more of your naysaying.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

Owehn

Postby Owehn » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:08 pm UTC

Nyarlathotep wrote:I'm not entirely certain which puzzle he's referring to. Maybe he means the rotation room in Riven? Which wasn't turning rocks so much as spinning a room around a lot (becuase Ghen was a very strange man)

(Also, are you the self-same Owehn who cracked the login for the website? or you just have the same name...?

Yep, that's me. :mrgreen: It was more a case of good timing than anything else: I'd been following the puzzle-solving for a couple months without any useful contribution until I happened to be on just after the puzzle went go.
[This space intentionally left blank.]

Maseiken
The Candylawyer

Postby Maseiken » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:13 am UTC

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Owehn wrote:
But that's just me.

I'm not entirely certain which puzzle he's referring to. Maybe he means the rotation room in Riven? Which wasn't turning rocks so much as spinning a room around a lot (becuase Ghen was a very strange man)

(Also, are you the self-same Owehn who cracked the login for the website? or you just have the same name...?)

Maseiken - They're basing the film on the novels anyway, so while I imagine they'll put in at least one reference to Silly Puzzles, that's not what the movie will be about.
I wouldn't put it past them to put some giant puzzle IN the movie for the fans to solve, though...

I wasn't really referring to any puzzle in particular (Although slightly to the one in Riven)
Just general Puzzle-solving in games.
It was mainly a jocular post.
Bakemaster wrote:
Maseiken wrote:Siriusly though, I think this is kind of a flawed concept

People may expect watching it to be a Chor Bahkh where you come from, but Achenardly wait! We D'nid any more of your naysaying.

Win.
"GRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWR!!!!"
(Translation: "Objection!")

Maseiken had the ball at the top of the key...

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:43 am UTC

Oh god Bakemaster, the puns.

Owehn wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:I'm not entirely certain which puzzle he's referring to. Maybe he means the rotation room in Riven? Which wasn't turning rocks so much as spinning a room around a lot (becuase Ghen was a very strange man)

(Also, are you the self-same Owehn who cracked the login for the website? or you just have the same name...?

Yep, that's me. :mrgreen: It was more a case of good timing than anything else: I'd been following the puzzle-solving for a couple months without any useful contribution until I happened to be on just after the puzzle went go.

Ahhhh. I'm Ryuu Tenshi over at Uru Obsession (and in-game I'm Jen MacMillian. I... need fewer monikers). So yeh. Nice job with that one ^_^

Triss Hawkeye

Postby Triss Hawkeye » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:43 pm UTC

Haha, you win Bakemaster. I caught the latter end of the puzzle after returning to MC after an Age, but didn't do a lot of puzzle solving, just speculating. I'm so glad it's real, though.

AndyG314

Postby AndyG314 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:52 pm UTC

I hear that Tetras the movie is coming out for the summer.
If it's dead, you killed it.

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”