Spaced U.S Remake

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Goose

Re: Spaced U.S Remake

Postby Goose » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:15 pm UTC

I think Spaced worked so well because of the actors playing the characters (Pegg, Frost, Stevens etc) and it was the actors who made the characters who they were. I don't think it'd be the same without them, and wouldn't have the same feel, and the jokes lose their edge perhaps, the way they were delivered was key. I think it's possible, but it'd be far from the hit Spaced was, Spaced came at a good time and audiences reacted well to it because it was about mundane British life as well as injected with comedy and oddities.

marcas

Postby marcas » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:16 am UTC

Too bad no-one was in the room to pick up the expression of sheer horror when I read the thread title. I thought this might just some passing idea being thrown around at first but that McG guy seems pretty interested (and by interested, I mean the same way a paedophile is interested in children (sorry for that image)) in the project. It could suffer terribly from cultural differences similar to the proposed Father Ted remake (that can get people visibly angry over here) compared to the Office or maybe even the IT Crowd (haven't gotten to see that yet) where there can be some perceived cultural similarities.

Apart from that, the sheer brilliance of the main cast could be near-on impossible to duplicate.

One a side note, while I know little about his past work, I've already labelled McG as a bit of a pompous d*** because of that name.

</rant>

cypherspace

Postby cypherspace » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:49 am UTC

marcas wrote:One a side note, while I know little about his past work

Charlie's Angels.

Did that help?
"It was like five in the morning and he said he'd show me his hamster"

marcas

Postby marcas » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:01 am UTC

That was the little bit I was referring to but just looked at his IMDB and definitely don't like him now.

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”