movies with music, no voice track

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

bmorrow492

movies with music, no voice track

Postby bmorrow492 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:11 am UTC

Anyone have any idea where one might find (e.g., download) movies with the music track but not the voice track? In particular, I want to watch the Lord of the Rings movies and listen to the musical score.

aaron

Re: movies with music, no voice track

Postby aaron » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:43 am UTC

charlie chaplin films? i have no idea, that's an unusual request. but good luck. :)

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:17 pm UTC

Not legally, no. Nor illegally.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Malice

Postby Malice » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:49 pm UTC

Why don't you just put LotR on mute and the soundtrack on repeat? It won't sync up perfectly, but...

theamberkey

Postby theamberkey » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:01 am UTC

I wonder if there might be a way to play a DVD like that, as all the voice tracks are separate anyway.
A silver spoon and a packet of sugar cubes are the artifacts of the ritual: the vajrakaliya, the cross, the blood of the lamb....
-The Amber Key

Bruce

Postby Bruce » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:18 am UTC

theamberkey wrote:I wonder if there might be a way to play a DVD like that, as all the voice tracks are separate anyway.

As I understand it, the music is not separate but encoded with each voice channel. In theory, if you had enough different voice channels you could mathematically find the common signal. This would not be perfect as the voice would some times be the same (screaming and such). This would also retain effects noises.
COMFORT, n.
A state of mind produced by contemplation of a neighbor's uneasiness.

theamberkey

Postby theamberkey » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:21 am UTC

Bruce wrote:
theamberkey wrote:I wonder if there might be a way to play a DVD like that, as all the voice tracks are separate anyway.

As I understand it, the music is not separate but encoded with each voice channel. In theory, if you had enough different voice channels you could mathematically find the common signal. This would not be perfect as the voice would some times be the same (screaming and such). This would also retain effects noises.

Crazy. Shows what I know.

Sounds remarkably inefficient, but then again, what do I know?
A silver spoon and a packet of sugar cubes are the artifacts of the ritual: the vajrakaliya, the cross, the blood of the lamb....
-The Amber Key

Bruce

Postby Bruce » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:09 pm UTC

theamberkey wrote:Sounds remarkably inefficient, but then again, what do I know?

Compared to the video the difference is fairly trivial.
COMFORT, n.
A state of mind produced by contemplation of a neighbor's uneasiness.

Stief

Postby Stief » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:31 pm UTC

I was gonna suggest the Qatsi trilogy by Godfrey Reggio, as they're very good films, using a lot of montage and juxtaposition along with music...but I can't help you with what you actually want sorry :P
bbctol wrote:There is a term for what you have created. I believe it is "Dude- that shit is EPIC."

Teknobo wrote:Seriously, try flying down the street in Need for Speed while listening to the bicycle theme from Pokémon. It's beyond fantastic.

dbsmith

Postby dbsmith » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:07 am UTC

Especially for LOTR, where they released everything recorded as a soundtrack (check amazon for lotr: the complete recordings i think)

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”