Red Vs Blue; Rooster Teeth and other such parody fun

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

ACU-LP

Re: Red Vs Blue; Rooster Teeth and other such parody fun

Postby ACU-LP » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:35 pm UTC

Spoiler:
I think we will be seeing more of him, but I'm not exactly sure in what way. He may be hell-bent on the destruction of the director (and possibly hence Church), or he may be affected by the meta (if the meta survives), he may just leave.
Last edited by ACU-LP on Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:24 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.
Red vs Blue wrote:Wash: That was the worst throw ever. Of all time.
Caboose: Not my fault. Someone put a wall in my way.

McCaber

Postby McCaber » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:15 pm UTC

Would this be the place to mention Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series? Because that's nine kinds of awesome.

"Attention, duelists! My hair allows me to defy gravity!"
Spoiler:
hyperion wrote:
Hawknc wrote:Crap, that image is going to get a lot of use around here.

That's what SHE said!

She blinded me with Science!

AKAnotu

Postby AKAnotu » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:40 am UTC

McCaber wrote:Would this be the place to mention Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series? Because that's nine kinds of awesome.

"Attention, duelists! My hair allows me to defy gravity!"

But my voice gives me super strength!

Back to RedVsBlue
Spoiler:
I don't think we'll see Wash around much, or that he'll just make short cameos. Just a feeling I have, I don't have any evidence to back it up.
Abraham Lincoln wrote:If you are racist, I will attack you with the north.

kinigget

Postby kinigget » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:20 am UTC

AKAnotu wrote:But my voice gives me super strength!

"Holy sh*t! it really does!"
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

Liet Kynes

Postby Liet Kynes » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:25 am UTC

*Sigh* the series is over. I have a feeling that they are going to make a series about tex though.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:08 am UTC

kinigget wrote:
AKAnotu wrote:But my voice gives me super strength!
"Holy sh*t! it really does!"
These things have megaphones?!
"THIS, IS THE VOICE OF GOD!"
I Am Raven wrote:Math is like a penis: it can be very satisfactory, but also a pain in the ass.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:26 am UTC

*BUMP*
On Monday they will start a four part mini-series known as 'Relocation'. This will be interrupted by a Valentines day video sometime during the series.

Anyone else want to yell 'YAY!' at the top of their lungs?

Ati
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's dry, and slightly radioactive.

Postby Ati » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:16 pm UTC

ACU-LP wrote:*BUMP*
On Monday they will start a four part mini-series known as 'Relocation'. This will be interrupted by a Valentines day video sometime during the series.

Anyone else want to yell 'YAY!' at the top of their lungs?

YAY!
I can kill you with my brain.

Nath

Postby Nath » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:12 am UTC

It's back! Feels like pre-Reconstruction Red vs Blue. Now, if only they didn't put the ads in the middle of the damn screen. Their demographic targeting is a bit off, too: I got ads for jobs in southern Illinois, something to do with baby teething, and IVF.

Ati
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's dry, and slightly radioactive.

Postby Ati » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:15 pm UTC

I can kill you with my brain.

ACU-LP

Postby ACU-LP » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:20 am UTC

I had already seen it, just not gotten around to posting about it yet.
*asplodes from joy anyway*

thicknavyrain
ThinkGravyTrain

Postby thicknavyrain » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:45 am UTC

Bloody hell am I enjoying RvB again. And not in the least because they found a way to keep Donut in :)
RoadieRich wrote:Thicknavyrain is appointed Nex Artifex, Author of Death of the second FaiD Assassins' Guild.

Sockmonkey

Postby Sockmonkey » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:11 am UTC

Nath wrote:It's back! Feels like pre-Reconstruction Red vs Blue. Now, if only they didn't put the ads in the middle of the damn screen. Their demographic targeting is a bit off, too: I got ads for jobs in southern Illinois, something to do with baby teething, and IVF.

Agreed. The ads are fucking dumb.
I notice that while the content we actually want to see can load slow or be glitchy, the video ads that often precede it are always perfect and load quick. That super-pisses me off because it's like they're saying "we don't give a crap about you aside from making sure you see our ads" particularly the ones that they won't let you skip. That way if you need to refresh the vid due to a glitch, you have to sit through the ads twice.
I notice a lot of sites are like this. The content loads last after the ads.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:06 pm UTC

Problem - Ads load better than content.
Reason - The ads are not on the same servers as the content. The ad servers fucking rock. The content servers... not so much.
Solution - Give all your monies directly to the content producer so they don't need to use fucking ads.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Sockmonkey

Postby Sockmonkey » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:12 pm UTC

Or get black hat guy to blow up the ad servers. :mrgreen:
Seriously though, I don't mind banner ads and such, hell I don't mind if the site is plastered with em' like a stock car, but the popups, flashing bits, and animated clips with sound that don't turn off makes me wanna punch someone.

rtgus

Postby rtgus » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:33 am UTC

I'm sorry your ad experience wasn't very good but its not like we directly control ad placement or how ads are targeted to you. Our video hosting provider and ad server deal with that and obviously they dropped the ball for you. We are an independent content provider on the internet and do our best to make our material free and easily accessible to everyone. Sponsors on our website can pay $10 every six months to avoid ads but we know everyone can't do that so ads are the solution to keep content free. Above all else we are fans of things online as well and we want to keep people who like our stuff as happy as possible. I'll make sure to investigate the discrepancy between our ad server and video server. If it was slow for you or you were getting bad ads, you weren't behind a proxy or anything right? Just want to make sure.

--Gus Sorola
Rooster Teeth Director of Technology

thicknavyrain
ThinkGravyTrain

Postby thicknavyrain » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:43 am UTC

While we're complaining to RoosterTeeth:

When are you going to announce the bloody release date for Diaper Cat? Seriously, I will pre-order right now...

More on topic: The newest season of RvB has actually been pretty awesome, I was skeptical of keeping both the silly Blood Gulch stuff alongside the freelancer stuff but they're both still as good as ever and the quality of the CGI has actually become immense, it's so damn awesome. Still, if they somehow find another way to kill off Donut... :(
RoadieRich wrote:Thicknavyrain is appointed Nex Artifex, Author of Death of the second FaiD Assassins' Guild.

Dobblesworth
Dobblesworth, here's the title you requested over three years ago. -Banana

Postby Dobblesworth » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:15 pm UTC

I'm sortof enjoying the current series, but it's rather heartbreaking how it's all foregone conclusion with the freelancer stuff.
Washington's gonna be a right jerkass, Wyoming's gonna go mental, South will betray North, Maine will become Meta, CT will pop her clogs in a desert...
The Epsilon Gulch is entertaining slapstick with the 'old bunch', but I get a strong feeling from 9 that weekly updates of 5-10 min eps, a series of 20 split down the middle between two storylines separated by decades of continuity, I'm wondering where they're going with it and how long it'll take to get there. For instance there's the original Reds and Blues (at least, Sarge Simmons Grif Tucker Caboose Washington) and what they're getting up to after leaving Sidewinder at end of Revelation

thicknavyrain
ThinkGravyTrain

Postby thicknavyrain » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:59 pm UTC

Dobblesworth wrote:For instance there's the original Reds and Blues (at least, Sarge Simmons Grif Tucker Caboose Washington) and what they're getting up to after leaving Sidewinder at end of Revelation

Realising Donut was actually Beta, reviving his AI core and putting him into a new body and bringing him back and making the 10th series absolutely fucking incredible. My guess.

eculc
Wet Peanut Butter

Postby eculc » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:46 pm UTC

oh, hey, this thread actually exists. Necro because I was about to make a thread for this but it turns out there already was one.

anyways, now partway through season 10. The series has definitely changed, although I think I liked the more comedic episodes of the earlier episodes to the more action-heavy ones as of late.
Um, this post feels devoid of content. Good luck?
For comparison, that means that if the cabbage guy from Avatar: The Last Airbender filled up his cart with lettuce instead, it would be about a quarter of a lethal dose.

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”