Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

PyroniusRex

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Postby PyroniusRex » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:48 pm UTC

What can I say? Well for one I thought the movie deserved to be just an episode in the show, also I thought they should'a just made the old miniseries into a new full length show. I think it looks pretty good it's before General Grievous becomes a wimp, there is some new clone features, and they did a pretty good job about turning the characters into CGI. The bad things about it is, there are Y-Wings which weren't in RotS, Kit Fisto and Annakin have padawans, they changed the old Clone Wars story line, and worst of all George Lucas is not writing it (although it could be because he might be writing 2 more Indianna Jones movies). I'm glad to see General Grievous as a ruthless hunter again, and of course just glad to see Star Wars again, I can't say much until later when the show actually premieres so thats all for now.
(Favorite Quote)
Kit Fisto's Padawan: You can't defeat us all.
General Grievous: OF COURSE I CAN!!!

Kazuke

Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Postby Kazuke » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:42 am UTC

As I honestly enjoyed the movie, I was quite looking forward to this.

So far, I'm not disappointed.
Ahsoka is cute.

mosc
Doesn't care what you think.

Postby mosc » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:04 am UTC

It was pretty stupid. The previous clone wars series was much grittier and artistically interesting. This series is demeaning to anybody over age 12 who likes star wars.

The droids, the "clones are people too" bullshit, the end of the first episode with it's "Confound it! I'll get you next time Yoda!" type ending was just horrible. When Jedis and Sith meet, it should never be so damn chivalrous.

Those two movies they made in the 80s with wicket the ewok were better. That's not saying much. I'd say the christmas droid special was better but I'm still waiting for it in my netflix cue.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:11 am UTC

mosc wrote:It was pretty stupid. The previous clone wars series was much grittier and artistically interesting. .

Once again, I thought they were talking about this one.

Seriously, once you have a miniseries made by Genndy Tartakovsky that won THREE "Outstanding Achievement" Emmy Awards.... why do you do it again?!

PyroniusRex

Postby PyroniusRex » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:36 pm UTC

mosc wrote:It was pretty stupid. The previous clone wars series was much grittier and artistically interesting. This series is demeaning to anybody over age 12 who likes star wars.

The droids, the "clones are people too" bullshit, the end of the first episode with it's "Confound it! I'll get you next time Yoda!" type ending was just horrible. When Jedis and Sith meet, it should never be so damn chivalrous.

Those two movies they made in the 80s with wicket the ewok were better. That's not saying much. I'd say the christmas droid special was better but I'm still waiting for it in my netflix cue.

They should have just re made the original one into a CGI actual series. Everyone knows how bad-ass Grievous was in the original CW but in the movie and the new show, he's a coward? I think they might have just sliced off some episodes of the original series and continued it with this, but then again it is supposed to be a remake. Also, why does Durge even exist now, basically he's just from an alternate series unless the bring him back in this new one (hopefully they do).

Another thing, the droids are all bumbling retards, I have no problem with that but if they are how are the clones ever going to die in this series, it's the Clone Wars not the Droid Genesis, plus they were all killing machines in the movies. And last, Y- Wings, Y-Wings are from the original trilogy and they didn't have them in RoTS so how are they there now! Oh wait there was also the opening that sucked too.

Though it has many flaws I can honestly say I enjoyed watching it I like how they added 2 more important commanders and how Kit Fisto has a padawan, his padawan gets into a showdown with General Grievous which is awesome of course and that might explain why he's not in RoTS. So now that all the bad things are out of the way what was your favorite parts guys? Mine would have to be when General grievous was laughing that just sounded cool.
(Favorite Quote)

mosc

Postby mosc » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:51 pm UTC

Yeah right, kill a jedi? This series is shaping up to be on the kiddy side of teletubbies.
Title: It was given by the XKCD moderators to me because they didn't care what I thought (I made some rantings, etc). I care what YOU think, the joke is forums.xkcd doesn't care what I think.

PyroniusRex

Postby PyroniusRex » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:37 pm UTC

mosc wrote:Yeah right, kill a jedi? This series is shaping up to be on the kiddy side of teletubbies.

BS, this tells me you haven't seen it, it has flaws but so do other shows.
(Favorite Quote)

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:40 pm UTC

Don't worry about it, mosc is skilled at forming opinions about stuff before looking at them.

PyroniusRex

Postby PyroniusRex » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:53 pm UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:Don't worry about it, mosc is skilled at forming opinions about stuff before looking at them.

I don't care I think thats a dumb way to go about things, especially things such as Star Wars. Another thing, since it's a Clone Wars topic why don't we talk about some of the old CW ep.s?
(Favorite Quote)

mosc

Postby mosc » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:02 pm UTC

I've seen all of it, what's with the hate?

PyroniusRex

Postby PyroniusRex » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:47 pm UTC

mosc wrote:I've seen all of it, what's with the hate?

People are un open minded idiots thats how things like wars start, things like StarWars! KEEP THE HATE GOING! Anyways isn't it so dumb how in episode 3 GG got killed by one Obi-wan Kenobi, yet in the CWs Grievous took on 7 jedi and only 3 barely escaped alive, and that was only because they sent in some elite clone troopers (who's numbers were also brought down fairly). And since they have to justify that they made him a coward in the new CW, yet the can't explain not having Y-Wings, we'll just have to see.
(Favorite Quote)

theonlyjett

Postby theonlyjett » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:49 pm UTC

PyroniusRex wrote:Anyways isn't it so dumb how in episode 3 GG got killed by one Obi-wan Kenobi, yet in the CWs Grievous took on 7 jedi and only 3 barely escaped alive, and that was only because they sent in some elite clone troopers (who's numbers were also brought down fairly).
No. Not dumb at all. It's Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. Not a bunch of random knights. I know everyone seems to think Yoda, Mace, and Vader are better, but they're wrong. Nobody is all around better than Obi-Wan. In Saga Edition terms, the 7 Jedi are levels 5-10 while Obi-Wan is Epic.

And what's the big deal about Y-Wings? They've only been in one episode so far and it's not like they're the same exact models. We might not even see them anymore. At least not much.

Oh, and clones are people, too. They're also soldiers which is why they die a lot. I never got the feeling that nobody cared if they died. Only that it was somewhat an everyday thing, being in a war and all. The only quip I have here is that I recall reading somewhere in the expanded universe that Luke sensed a hole or something in the force where clones were rather than the usual force aura that people have. Yoda made it sound like they existed naturally in the force like everyone else. But it's a minor quip.

Kazuke

Postby Kazuke » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:26 pm UTC

theonlyjett wrote:The only quip I have here is that I recall reading somewhere in the expanded universe that Luke sensed a hole or something in the force where clones were rather than the usual force aura that people have.

If you're referring to the clones Thrawn created to man the Katana Fleet, those clones were made in a very different way than the clones from the Clone Wars.

/nerd

Anyway, I look forward to the Clone Wars ever Friday. I think it's pretty damn good.
Ahsoka is cute. Shut up already.

PyroniusRex

Postby PyroniusRex » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:14 pm UTC

theonlyjett wrote:
PyroniusRex wrote:Anyways isn't it so dumb how in episode 3 GG got killed by one Obi-wan Kenobi, yet in the CWs Grievous took on 7 jedi and only 3 barely escaped alive, and that was only because they sent in some elite clone troopers (who's numbers were also brought down fairly).
No. Not dumb at all. It's Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. Not a bunch of random knights. I know everyone seems to think Yoda, Mace, and Vader are better, but they're wrong. Nobody is all around better than Obi-Wan. In Saga Edition terms, the 7 Jedi are levels 5-10 while Obi-Wan is Epic.

And what's the big deal about Y-Wings? They've only been in one episode so far and it's not like they're the same exact models. We might not even see them anymore. At least not much.

Oh, and clones are people, too. They're also soldiers which is why they die a lot. I never got the feeling that nobody cared if they died. Only that it was somewhat an everyday thing, being in a war and all. The only quip I have here is that I recall reading somewhere in the expanded universe that Luke sensed a hole or something in the force where clones were rather than the usual force aura that people have. Yoda made it sound like they existed naturally in the force like everyone else. But it's a minor quip.

No four were random jedi, 3 were Jedi Masters. Aayla Secura, Ki Adi Mundi, and Shaak Ti were all very good jedi and they barely made it out alive, so I think that one jedi is pretty easy plus a big reason he died was he didn't have a lightsaber and he was being shot at. And thank you Kazuke, I like your approach to all of this, you too theonlyjett (though I disagree with your thoughts on Grievous).
(Favorite Quote)

Durandal

Postby Durandal » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:23 pm UTC

Well, obviously the 'random jedi' would be killed off whilst characters with canonical importance survived.

I think you're getting hung up on the wrong things with this show.

mosc

Postby mosc » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:54 pm UTC

A "random Jedi" would be killed off in the OLD CWs... the NEW clone wars they'd never do that. THAT is what I was trying to say. Old clone wars Grievous was cool, new clone wars Grievous isn't worth watching.

The NEW clone wars is utter crap. The OLD one was quite excellent. Can we please separate when we're talking about one or the other?

Kazuke

Postby Kazuke » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:18 pm UTC

I'd also like to clarify that the new series takes place during the time skip in the old series (Chapters 21-22?). I read somewhere that some episodes of the new series may take events from the old one and expand upon them. Nobody's replacing nobody.

And I adore the original Clone Wars, but a lot of stuff was really exaggerated. (See: Mace Windu on Dantooine. Come on.)

VannA
White

Postby VannA » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:26 am UTC

I cannot stand the dialogue or the animation.

The original series was superb. This new one is.. annoying as hell.
Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other, or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy.

PyroniusRex

Postby PyroniusRex » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:58 pm UTC

VannA wrote:I cannot stand the dialogue or the animation.

The original series was superb. This new one is.. annoying as hell.

The dialogue is perfectly fine, except when it comes from Ahsoka.

Anyways, sweet it's a continuation then that means General Grievous is only a coward because of the injury Mace Windu gave him... I'm starting to hate that guy first he had to kill Jango Fett, now he had to injure General Grievous.
(Favorite Quote)

Klapaucius

Postby Klapaucius » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:09 am UTC

Kazuke wrote:I'd also like to clarify that the new series takes place during the time skip in the old series (Chapters 21-22?). I read somewhere that some episodes of the new series may take events from the old one and expand upon them. Nobody's replacing nobody.

And I adore the original Clone Wars, but a lot of stuff was really exaggerated. (See: Mace Windu on Dantooine. Come on.)

You're being ridiculous. What part of "Samurai Jack, Except Black, Telekinetic And In The FutureA long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" didn't you like?

Sheesh. Kids these days. - ST
500%!

Kazuke

Postby Kazuke » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:33 am UTC

'cause Samurai Jack Windu ain't.

VannA
White

Postby VannA » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:16 am UTC

No.. but I liked it a lot.

Samurai Jack and Windu are close to similiar figures, at least in characteristics.
Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other, or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy.

Klapaucius

Postby Klapaucius » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:10 pm UTC

Klapaucius wrote:
Kazuke wrote:I'd also like to clarify that the new series takes place during the time skip in the old series (Chapters 21-22?). I read somewhere that some episodes of the new series may take events from the old one and expand upon them. Nobody's replacing nobody.

You're being ridiculous. What part of "Samurai Jack, Except Black, Telekinetic And In The FutureA long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" didn't you like?

Sheesh. Kids these days. - ST

*facepalms at self*

I won't even try to change it so it looks like I was right in the first place, because I hate myself for such a lazy mistake.

Argh, it's ridiculous on so many levels. BELGIUM.
500%!

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:01 am UTC

Also.. Samurai Jack was in the future. So even if Star Wars was in the future, you could say ".. and in a different future" not just THE future.

And you can't fix it. I made sure of that.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Jayngfet

Postby Jayngfet » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:08 am UTC

I think a lot of this comes from people not realising that over three decades of EU stuff Star wars has no overall feel, you can set a dark series on being hunted by a sith lord there or something about a droid named skippy. It's stopped being a setting and more a universe(or galaxy if you prefer). I saw the commercials and expected a campy, slightly immature series on a jedi padawan and that's what I got.

Of course they could have mentioned her a couple of times in a book or something first, but hey...

Klapaucius

Postby Klapaucius » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:43 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Also.. Samurai Jack was in the future. So even if Star Wars was in the future, you could say ".. and in a different future" not just THE future.

I meant "in the future" relative to the KotOR era and the Sith Wars, which obviously came before the movies, but after the events of Samurai Jack.

Er.. after the events of Samurai Jack would, again, put the events in the future relative to Earth... but now this is a huge tangent, so let's leave it alone. -ST
500%!

Kazuke

Postby Kazuke » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:48 am UTC

Captain Rex <3

PyroniusRex

Postby PyroniusRex » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:37 am UTC

Kazuke wrote:Captain Rex <3

Hell yeah! I told myself I liked Captain Rex better than Commander Cody, but then I saw the latest episode and now I can't decide which one is the most awesome.
Oh and then theres Commander Gree and he just looks totally kick ass...
(Favorite Quote)

Klapaucius

Postby Klapaucius » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:00 pm UTC

Klapaucius wrote:
SecondTalon wrote:Also.. Samurai Jack was in the future. So even if Star Wars was in the future, you could say ".. and in a different future" not just THE future.

I meant "in the future" relative to the KotOR era and the Sith Wars, which obviously came before the movies, but after the events of Samurai Jack.

Er.. after the events of Samurai Jack would, again, put the events in the future relative to Earth... but now this is a huge tangent, so let's leave it alone. -ST

Only if Samurai Jack takes place on Earth, and not a remarkably Earth-like planet. But, yeah, back to the discussion at hand:

Droid impressionists are scary.
500%!

PyroniusRex

Postby PyroniusRex » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:09 am UTC

Klapaucius wrote:
Klapaucius wrote:

Only if Samurai Jack takes place on Earth, and not a remarkably Earth-like planet. But, yeah, back to the discussion at hand:

Droid impressionists are scary.

Yeah hey did you see those new Commando Droids in the new ep. kick ass right? They have a sword and they're like the Clone Trooper equivalent, if only they were in Battlefront 2.
(Favorite Quote)

Kazuke

Postby Kazuke » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:48 am UTC

PyroniusRex wrote:if only they were in Battlefront 2.

Know any enterprising modders out there?

(I has the PC version of Battlefront II)

PyroniusRex

Postby PyroniusRex » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:25 am UTC

Kazuke wrote:
PyroniusRex wrote:if only they were in Battlefront 2.

Know any enterprising modders out there?

(I has the PC version of Battlefront II)

No I owned the PS2 version, but even so I just want their abilities.
(Favorite Quote)

lethesoda

Postby lethesoda » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:35 am UTC

Know which Star Wars movie was best overall? ESB.

Know which Star Wars movie Lucas had the least to do with? That's right. Lucas isn't as great as people think, he keeps milking the corpse of Star Wars and now he's onto Indiana Jones. That Lucas is not involved means that this series has a chance to be good.

In the words of Arcade, "Your way, he's dead and that's that. My way, at least he has a chance. Not much of one, but a chance."
Spoiler:
Trapdoors. They make a difference.
The difference between "I'm leaving you" and "ZOMG YOU'RE A NINJA SWEET *secks*" -Kazuke

PyroniusRex

Postby PyroniusRex » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:58 am UTC

lethesoda wrote:Know which Star Wars movie was best overall? ESB.

Know which Star Wars movie Lucas had the least to do with? That's right. Lucas isn't as great as people think, he keeps milking the corpse of Star Wars and now he's onto Indiana Jones. That Lucas is not involved means that this series has a chance to be good.

In the words of Arcade, "Your way, he's dead and that's that. My way, at least he has a chance. Not much of one, but a chance."

I know he just produced it, even so it is still great. I forgot ESB's actual name which one is that again?

On a side note (more like the ACTUAL subject) whats your guys's perspective on the droids in this series?
(Favorite Quote)

Kazuke

Postby Kazuke » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:10 pm UTC

ESB = Empire Strikes Back, Episode 5

I find the droids' antics hilarious.

mosc

Postby mosc » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:30 pm UTC

They give the droids too much personality. Name one droid other than R2-D2 and C3PO who have any personality. I always blamed C3PO's antics on being programmed by an 8 year old. Military droids with that level of absurdity are just stupid. It's like I'm re-watching all the worst scenes from episode 2 with C3PO's head fumbling around.

Especially when you put this in the context of how excellent the previous clone wars animated series is, you just get depressed watching this kiddy piece of crap they're airing right now.

PyroniusRex

Postby PyroniusRex » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:01 pm UTC

mosc wrote:They give the droids too much personality. Name one droid other than R2-D2 and C3PO who have any personality. I always blamed C3PO's antics on being programmed by an 8 year old. Military droids with that level of absurdity are just stupid. It's like I'm re-watching all the worst scenes from episode 2 with C3PO's head fumbling around.

Especially when you put this in the context of how excellent the previous clone wars animated series is, you just get depressed watching this kiddy piece of crap they're airing right now.

I hate how everyone says that the originals are always best, wrong they're the first to come out, and this is a continuation of the last series (though I don't know how Ventress survived). I think they're funny though it's unfair that they can't do shit, my favorite scene was when there were 2 fire fighting battle droids who couldn't hold a hose.
(Favorite Quote)

Kazuke

Postby Kazuke » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:54 pm UTC

She survived due to plot.

Spoiler:
And apparently through to the near end of the Clone Wars, where she simply disappears...

PyroniusRex

Postby PyroniusRex » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:10 pm UTC

Eh, hey what do the 501st do they were mentioned an episode ago and they are in TFU, though they are Stormtroopers in there...
(Favorite Quote)

Klapaucius

Postby Klapaucius » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:56 pm UTC

PyroniusRex wrote:Eh, hey what do the 501st do they were mentioned an episode ago and they are in TFU, though they are Stormtroopers in there...

In Episode III they're Lord Vader's personal legion of troops--they're the ones who help him storm the Jedi Temple.
There's actually a very interesting story behind them--the 501st is a nationwide group of Star Wars cosplayers that Lucas actually made canonical out of admiration.
500%!

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”