Enjoying bad movies

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

kinigget

Re: Enjoying bad movies

Postby kinigget » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:21 pm UTC

It's actually called, "the man who saved the world" and it makes little sense at best, and is downright insane at worst.

I don't have the link but you can find it at the Spoony Experiment.

It is well worth your time.
The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:I can tell from his word choice that he is using his penis to type.

Steax wrote:I think the courts are kinda busy right now. Something about cake and due process.

genkav

Postby genkav » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:17 pm UTC

i found both saturday night fever and staying alive in a double disc combo for 9.95. sometimes you just gotta enjoy the crappy movies. though...saturday night fever is a sick film..

Semidi

Postby Semidi » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:27 am UTC

Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.

I saw that title and knew I had to watch it. It's great, it has a buying cloths montage scene, a musical number, Jesus fighting atheists, vampires wearing lesbian skin, a guy using kidneys as boxing gloves, and a Mexican wrestler sidekick. Yeah... awesome.
"If you can't imagine how anyone could hold a view you are attacking, you just don't understand it yet."

mikhail

Postby mikhail » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:55 pm UTC

Semidi wrote:Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.

I saw that title and knew I had to watch it. It's great, it has a buying cloths montage scene, a musical number, Jesus fighting atheists, vampires wearing lesbian skin, a guy using kidneys as boxing gloves, and a Mexican wrestler sidekick. Yeah... awesome.

Holy God!

I looked that up on youtube. I found a link to something called "The Machine Girl". Look it up. :shock:

Yuri2356

Postby Yuri2356 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:56 pm UTC

22/7 wrote:For flat out worst (semi-well-known) film ever, I might submit Turkish Star Wars (the actual title of the film eludes me).

I don't know what the original Turkish is, but I beleive it means "The Man Who Saves the World."

Grop

Postby Grop » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:06 pm UTC

I would suggest Drunken Master and Big Trouble in Little China, but do cult bad movies qualify?

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:56 am UTC

i thought twilight was pretty hilarious with six other people and all of us are making repressed-sexuality/sexual tension/mormon jokes.

then i realized I spent 10$ to heckle, not even watch, twilight.
uhhhh fuck.

Nomic

Postby Nomic » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:47 pm UTC

Semidi wrote:Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.

I see that and raise with a Mexican film called El Santo Clauso (Santa Claus as English dub). Santa lives in a palace in space, has a mechanical sleight that apparently disintegrates in sunlight, uses child labour and battles against the most ineffectual demon ever. Brilliant or insane? You decide (I'd say insane)!

22/7
I'm pretty sure I have "The Slavery In My Asshole" on DVD.

Postby 22/7 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:55 pm UTC

Grop wrote:I would suggest Drunken Master and Big Trouble in Little China, but do cult bad movies qualify?
Big Trouble in Little China? That was a fantastic movie! I'd put it on par with Citizen Kane. Maybe slightly better. Hell, imdb gives it a 7.1/10.
Totally not a hypothetical...

Steroid wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:If your economic reality is a choice, then why are you not as rich as Bill Gates?
Don't want to be.
I want to be!

Jebobek

Postby Jebobek » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:09 pm UTC

22/7 wrote:
Grop wrote:I would suggest Drunken Master and Big Trouble in Little China, but do cult bad movies qualify?
Big Trouble in Little China? That was a fantastic movie! I'd put it on par with Citizen Kane. Maybe slightly better. Hell, imdb gives it a 7.1/10.
Determining the difference between "Enjoyable Bad movies" and "Cult Classics" can be a little rough. We call Big Trouble in Little China and the Evil Dead series Cult Classics because they entertain as intended: Evil Dead was presented as rock-and-roll-dismemberment horror/hilarity and was received that way.

Movies such as The Wickerman and Twlight aim to be serious and turn out to be hilarious to some people because of one reason or another. They're more like Enjoyable Bad movies. But after a while they may turn into Cult Classics and you can't tell the difference.

"Official" Cult Classics probably have mediocre-to-high ratings at the start, and enjoyable Bad Movies are, well, bad. In the end, I think that its not necessary to determine the difference; the only important part is that the viewers are being entertained.

Iori_Yagami

Postby Iori_Yagami » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:21 pm UTC

Enjoying bad movies is MUCH, MUCH easier when noone has buzzed yet all your ears off with 'How horrible that flick is! Imagine!' :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
In fact, many movies I enjoy later turn out to be 'bad' (by some ass-pulled opinions collected on some random critic's website) and vice versa. That is why I don't bother with reviews anymore!!! :o
They cannot defend themselves; they cannot run away. INSANITY is their only way of escape.

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”