Page 9 of 18

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:06 pm UTC
by SheriffPony
HermanBlount wrote:Terror Firmer http://www.troma.com/movies/terrorfirmer/ is easily the best film ever created. Though, Troma Entertainment made several films that are in the running for "best ever".

Fortunately, the only way to prove this would be for you to watch it. Please don't hesitate.


Fixed

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:36 pm UTC
by HermanBlount
SheriffPony wrote:Fixed


I know there is a handful of Troma fans out there. Still...It's a trap!

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:30 pm UTC
by SecondTalon
I am of the opinion that mentioning a Troma film on this list is a combination of cheating and missing the point. Not because Troma goes out of their way to make shit.. they don't. They do, however, give low-budget filmmakers with "unfilmable" ideas a publishing company so that it can be made, distributed, possibly put in a theater here or there, and pressed on DVDs with a professionally designed case and so on. Troma makes films to entertain, not be good.. there's a slight distinction between the two.

Also, all things considered, their stuff is watchable. Lots of it is absolutely terrible, but at least you can sit through it. There's plenty of stuff out there that I cannot.

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:41 pm UTC
by Zarq
The Underground Comedy Movie. See the word "comedy" in that title? Yeah, that's a real big stretch of the term. I only laughed once (and that was at the utter badness of the joke*). The rest of the movie, I was sitting there thinking "What the hell is this crap?". I am aware that the only reason this movie was ever made was to offend (practically every minority (and even a majority: women) are mocked), but that doesn't change the fact that this was my worst movie experience ever.

*the joke was
Spoiler:
Some thug: Oh no, it's Batman!
*a guy with a baseball bat comes around a corner*

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:59 pm UTC
by SheriffPony
SecondTalon wrote:I am of the opinion that mentioning a Troma film on this list is a combination of cheating and missing the point. Not because Troma goes out of their way to make shit.. they don't. They do, however, give low-budget filmmakers with "unfilmable" ideas a publishing company so that it can be made, distributed, possibly put in a theater here or there, and pressed on DVDs with a professionally designed case and so on. Troma makes films to entertain, not be good.. there's a slight distinction between the two.

Also, all things considered, their stuff is watchable. Lots of it is absolutely terrible, but at least you can sit through it. There's plenty of stuff out there that I cannot.

also, Terrorfirmer is one o the best Troma -flicks IMHO

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:08 pm UTC
by Dasboard
The Room.

YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, LISA!

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:31 pm UTC
by Jorpho
Hee. I'm going to go see that on Saturday for the first time, armed with a bundle of plastic spoons.

The Flash tribute is rapidly making the rounds this week:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/547307

Can it really be worse than Red Zone Cuba, though? Oh, the anticipation!

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:01 pm UTC
by Dasboard
It's yeah. Uuh... terrible. Not sure if it's so bad it's good.

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:39 am UTC
by Jorpho
Okay, I propose the following analogy:

The Room is like a man blindly, arrhythmically, repeatedly, and vigorously smacking his head against a wall. It is clearly not the activity of a sound mind, but there could conceivably be some kind of purpose to it: perhaps the wall might eventually crumble, or perhaps it has some sort of therapeutic value.

But Red Zone Cuba is just an animated corpse, limbs flailing spasmodically - a recognizable human form, but seemingly devoid of anything like consciousness, or even the potential for such a thing.
--
EDIT: You know what? It's worse knowing there was an intelligence behind The Room - knowing that a human being set forth with purpose to make this thing and afterwards might have stood back with a sense of satistfaction. It's horrible, really.

To attend a group showing, to laugh and throw plastic spoons, is to stand together and face the darkest elements of humanity and seek to diminish the hold they have on us all.

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:54 pm UTC
by JudeMorrigan
I'm still bitter that I paid to see Wing Commander in the theaters. Admittedly, I think a good bit of why that movie pisses me off quite as much as it does is because the games were reasonably decent popcorn-muncher type movies. The movie, however, is solidly in the "it's so bad, it's bad" category.

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:54 am UTC
by picnic_crossfire
Gerry is the worst film I have ever seen.
This post contains about as many words as does the film Gerry. That alone is terrible, but my god, the film makes up for it with NOTHING.

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:22 am UTC
by GhostWolfe
I recently watched Six: the Mark Unleashed. It was presented to me as a sort of dystopian future sci-fi thing.

It was going along, and I was sorta "got potential, I can run with this". Then further in, people started getting very emotional about baptisms and prophets and scripture and I was getting "not my thing, but where are you going with this?"

At the end... science is the devil who wants you to be happy and have lots of polygamous sex, and Jesus is your saviour.

I'm sitting there while the credits roll, feeling somewhat befuddled cause I really wasn't expecting that and at the very end up comes on the screen ChristianCinema.com, and I blink and realise "ah, that explains it."

Probably not the worst movie I've ever seen, but I feel a bit duped 'cause I was expecting a sci-fi sorta movie, not evangelising.

And it had the Comedian in it.

/angell

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:34 pm UTC
by emceng
GhostWolfe wrote:
At the end... science is the devil who wants you to be happy and have lots of polygamous sex, and Jesus is your saviour.



Apparently I am not using the right type of science or something.

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:06 pm UTC
by SirMustapha
My memory isn't in its best shape right now, but it's possible that the film that left me feeling the most pissed off and frustrated ever was The Mist -- and no, it's not because of the ending, which I had already spoiled myself, but because of the whole thing. It just irritates me to no end when someone goes all preachy over me with bidimensional characters, cheap strawmen and overblown cynism -- and worse -- in a film about scary monsters.

To be honest, I rented the film thinking that it would be a lot more psychological and polytical, and that the "mist" was just that. Big mistake. I hated that film with a passion, and I still want to know if I should blame Stephen King or Frank Darabont (who directed The Green Mile, another film that I hate).

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:12 pm UTC
by sje46
You kidding me? The science geeks at my school are party animals man. They can't go five seconds without having sinful premarital sex!

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:58 am UTC
by ocean_soul
The worst film I have seen has to be After Last Season. Search yuotube for the trailers and reactions to this, its hilarious. The best way to see it, in fact the only way it is even seeable, is with the spoony one's rifftrack.

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:29 am UTC
by cephalopod9
They had it for sale on Amazon for a little while, but I might have bought the last copy. I watched it with some friends, and am very glad I didn't attempt watching it alone. Once I can think of a way to in some manner introduce the idea of After Last Season to other people, I might host another showing.

Do the the rifftracks help keep you from questioning your own sanity? If so, you did not get the full After Last Season effect.
Spoiler:
THE CHAIR! knocked him out!

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:39 pm UTC
by dumbzebra
That one fucking bridget jones movie. Seriously I get that it´s a girls´ film, but there are ways to make romance interesting.
Of course non of which were used in the movie...

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:17 pm UTC
by djkjr
Though it is not the worst movie I've ever seen (and thus, I should probably not post what I'm about to if I'm opening by admitting that fact), I feel I am obligated to discredit this movie for its sheer fascinated following.

K-PAX

When I was younger I really really enjoyed it. I watched it again recently and I just couldn't find the point. "Is he or is he not?" is the basis of the entire movie, sprinkled with some psychotherapy that alludes to no greater purpose but further tricking the audience into the conundrum of the film. I feel like it was aiming much higher than it ever achieved and only succeeded in duping the audience with an open ended ending that was cheap and unrefined. It wanted to be this great "find yourself" movie, which is evident by the way it ended, but that wasn't the purpose the rest of the film was going for. Here you have a character briefing his therapist on all these insights of the world amounting to nothing. Anticlimactic and deflating at best. The movie would have been great if it were an episode of some relative television show, but altogether, the concept standing alone, just makes no overall sense. There are great moments in that movie, but that doesn't make the film great. As if throwing a bunch of insightful proverbs into a book makes it monumental, it doesn't. It's as if the writers, producer and director just gave up with what they had originally intended. Lost the inspiration of their original goal and let it fade out in a typical lackluster manner. Mostly though, I feel disappointed by this film so much because I liked it when I was younger and I really like Kevin Spacey and after having watched it again, I'm almost afraid now to revisit movies from yesteryear that I held to a high esteem.

Thoughts?

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:54 pm UTC
by krucifi
Welcome to colinwood

Never been so fucking bored in my life. thinking this film had promise with the star studded cast (of which i can only name one george clooney who appeared for 5 minutes), i waited and waited for it to actually begin. instead it ended. not funny not enticing and not worth the hassle. Fuck this crappy film

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:23 am UTC
by Jesse
Burke & Hare.

Absolutely stacked with hilarious British comedians, with the unfortunate problem that they forgot to actually write any new jokes. Plays like an old Scooby Doo cartoon.

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:28 pm UTC
by djkjr
Jesse wrote:Plays like an old Scooby Doo cartoon.


Oh god... And I hate Scooby Doo! Can that just be thrown in there?
Even when I was a child, I never once was able to watch an episode of Scooby Doo without falling asleep or feeling so close to it that I needed to do something else in order to snap myself out of the lethargy that it always gave me!

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:23 pm UTC
by Yubtzock
djkjr wrote:
Jesse wrote:Plays like an old Scooby Doo cartoon.


Oh god... And I hate Scooby Doo! Can that just be thrown in there?
Even when I was a child, I never once was able to watch an episode of Scooby Doo without falling asleep or feeling so close to it that I needed to do something else in order to snap myself out of the lethargy that it always gave me!

THIS. They had so wonderful characters, and awesome "scary" theme, but never pulled anything! It could have been so good...

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:50 pm UTC
by djkjr
Yubtzock wrote:THIS. They had so wonderful characters, and awesome "scary" theme, but never pulled anything! It could have been so good...

Oh me yarm YES!!! If only they had realized their own potential. It may have been my favorite show. Especially considering the direction this picture implies!

But yea, still hate Scooby Due. And K-PAX. Just sayin'

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:12 am UTC
by SirMustapha
*looks at picture above*

That's it. Now I want to rip my eyeballs off. SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY.

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:22 pm UTC
by Jesse
That said, the Venture Bros. Scooby Doo was hilarious.

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:29 pm UTC
by Jorpho
I was waiting for someone to mention the Venture Bros. Scooby Doo, yes.

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:20 pm UTC
by djkjr
Jesse wrote:That said, the Venture Bros. Scooby Doo was hilarious.

+
Jorpho wrote:I was waiting for someone to mention the Venture Bros. Scooby Doo, yes.

=
Going to need to watch it..... now!!!

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:36 pm UTC
by Triangle_Man
I'd have to say the third movie in "The Mummy" series. I don't even remember the name of it; it was the one where they went to China.

The bad jokes, the yetis, the number of times "Or all hope will be lost" was uttered...God that was a load of crap...

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:14 pm UTC
by Microscopic cog
Did I mention the Human Centipede?

Yea. Just as gross as it sounds. Wether it's good or bad is discussable though.

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:05 pm UTC
by Mick7153
Human centipede definitely, along with SAW III

The whole gorn movie thing never did much for me, especially when they have almost no plot and stupid characters

On that note, Paranormal Activity (1&2). For a small budget it's alright, but they were billed as the best, and scariest, movies ever.... This is untrue

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:23 pm UTC
by krucifi
ah the human centipede i thought it was a comedy... i found it hilarious.
i just thought of another film.
Juno
i dont care what you say this film had no redeeming quality at all.
i walked out of the cinema (movie theatre) within half an hour i was THAT bored. of course i would have walked
out earlier but i wanted to finish my nachos, plus the group i went to see it with all said they didnt quite enjoy it either but stayed to get their moneys worth....
the movie sucks.

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:43 pm UTC
by Box Boy
Juno is a terribad film, true.

Also, I find the Human Centipede to be just plain old hilarious. Just think of it as a comedy rather than a horror, like I and my friend's did, and you should like it.

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:05 pm UTC
by Microscopic cog
We made a lot of jokes about it, yes. The concept is hilarious. The movie itself was just meeeh....

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:16 pm UTC
by MotorToad
Closer. Seriously, I thought it would never end. And it was the same horrid movie four times in a row. When you make me hate a movie where Portman's almost naked, you've done something.

Saw. Just stupid.

Titanic. This is one I wanted to like, and I watched it with a girl that I liked, but the movie just wouldn't let me like it. Everything that could have been good was drawn out half again as long as it needed to be. I list this one because it seemed like a good movie intentionally ruined.

Lost in Translation. WTF. Was there a point to this at all? Anything?

Sunshine. The director deserves a junkpunch.

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:14 pm UTC
by Box Boy
MotorToad wrote:Titanic. This is one I wanted to like, and I watched it with a girl that I liked, but the movie just wouldn't let me like it. Everything that could have been good was drawn out half again as long as it needed to be. I list this one because it seemed like a good movie intentionally ruined.
Gotta disagree with you there. The movie isn't the best ever, far from it, but the sheer amount of work put into it, combined with the solid soundtrack and superb acting skills of nearly all involved means it doens't deserve to be in this thread.

But I digress, your mileage may vary on the above.

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:29 pm UTC
by Spots
Two movies come to mind. There was a time when we had watched everything good in the video store and had moved to the obviously bad movies. And since we were on that path, we deliberately chose the ones that looked worst. And boy did we pick well.
-Boa
-Bats

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:00 am UTC
by Jorpho
MotorToad wrote:Lost in Translation. WTF. Was there a point to this at all? Anything?
It's a nonstop thrillride compared to Broken Flowers, another movie about Bill Murray doing nothing.

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:48 am UTC
by novax6
MotorToad wrote:Lost in Translation. WTF. Was there a point to this at all? Anything?

Sunshine. The director deserves a junkpunch.


You're crazy, crazy I say!

I actually really enjoyed both those movies. If anyone in Sunshine deserves a punch, it's the writer for botching the last quarter of it. But everything before that was great, and there's little enough quality sci-fi in recent years, I can totally forgive it for the shitty slasher part of the movie.

Re: The worst film you've seen

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:44 pm UTC
by djkjr
MotorToad wrote:Closer. Seriously, I thought it would never end. And it was the same horrid movie four times in a row. When you make me hate a movie where Portman's almost naked, you've done something.

I can definitely see not liking this film. Worst movie you've ever seen? I really really enjoyed this movie. With it's ability to say things in the breakdowns of their relationships, anyone who I've ever watched it with has walked away feeling like the director knew something of their own lives while making it. I'm not trying to be too "deep" here, but this has just been my experience. Perhaps though, I need to go an revisit it before I start re-advocating it.