Ink

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

samureyed

Ink

Postby samureyed » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:48 pm UTC

Anyone else seen the movie Ink?

It flew under the radar of Hollywood blockbusters for the most part, but IMO it is a must see for any movie buff. Hands down one of the best movies I have seen in the past year and I tend to watch a good amount of movies.

I would write a review but my friend Brian already did it on his website if your interested: http://www.cinema-suicide.com/2009/11/11/ink-review/

Anyways, if you haven't seen it but like sci-fi/fantasy movies check it out. If you have seen it, what did you think? I was truly captivated throughout the film. I found myself laughing in happy scenes and holding back years in the more dramatic ones. While its definitely a rewrite of a classic story, the music combined with awesome characters and imagery really makes this a unique and special film. Yes, unique. A word that is practically unheard of anymore in the film industry.
If the moon were made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it?

joeframbach

Re: Ink

Postby joeframbach » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:45 am UTC

FUUUCK! FUUUCK! FUUUUUUCCK!

Yeah, it was a pretty sweet movie.

Xeio
Friends, Faidites, Countrymen

Postby Xeio » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:38 am UTC

I watched this on netflix instant streaming a while back. Quite weird, but interesting.

The beat of the world, and all that. 8)

SurgicalSteel

Postby SurgicalSteel » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:03 am UTC

Netflix recommended this to me one night and I loved it. Buy the soundtrack, it might be the best decision you ever make (ok, a little hyperbolic, but it's a great soundtrack).
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

samureyed

Postby samureyed » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:25 pm UTC

joeframbach wrote:FUUUCK! FUUUCK! FUUUUUUCCK!

Hahaha yeah that was a great way to start any movie.
If the moon were made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it?

kgirlfae

Postby kgirlfae » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:31 pm UTC

"Hello Dirt. And how are we today?"

I love this movie. I found it because some of my family were extras (in the "train" scene). It is pretty solidly on my "movies everyone should watch" list.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Ink

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:25 am UTC

Streams on Netflix, so you can easily grab it.

My friend described this film as though Neil Gaiman directed Night Watch, which I feel is a fairly appropriate descriptor. It's the tale of warring dream factions, the Good Dream people, and the Bad Dream people, and a sort of in between entity named Ink, who kidnaps a girl to be cured of his painful scars by the Bad Dream people. The girls father, a wealthy businessman, gets roped into the mess, sort of.

Very unpolished, mediocre at best acting, lots of cheesy special effects, surprisingly good martial arts, and shockingly good Gaiman-esque filler material. I recommend checking this out, and thinking of ways you could have done it better.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Ralith The Third
Don't Ask About His Nephews

Postby Ralith The Third » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:05 am UTC

<necro>
Watched this last night, it was pretty awesome. I do wish it had better acting and maybe a bit more polish, but I loved the storytelling and action scenes, and the music was incredible.
Omni.

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”