The Last Airbender: the death of modern movies

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Ithinkabouttrees

The Last Airbender: the death of modern movies

Postby Ithinkabouttrees » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:14 am UTC

I knew it was going to be bad. I mean taking a beautiful animated TV show, throwing it into the world of live action, and then messing up everyone's race would make any movie suck right?

I was way too right.

Where to begin? Well first off, I felt like I was on a roller coaster. 3D was not kind to this already hellishly shaky ride of a movie. Furthermore, who ever wrote the screen play needs to be shot in the knee caps. Every line was so melodramatic, I couldn't tell if a character was trying to be sarcastic or not. And as if Katara never shut up already, SHE NARRATED THE WHOLE GOD DAMNED THING! The characters showed little depth, and the entire thing felt hopelessly detached.

In all it's horrifying glory, The Last Airbender didn't fail to live up to it's already so low of a status.
"When all else fails, accept the extraordinary."

Spoiler:
SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDOR, DOBBY DIES, TONKS DIES, LUPIN DIES, SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE, TYLER ISN'T REAL, PLANET OF THE APES WAS REALLY EARTH, JAKE BECOMES ONE OF THEM, BENJAMIN DIES.

Glmclain

Re: The Last Airbender: the death of modern movies

Postby Glmclain » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:23 am UTC

You Samoans are all the same! You have no faith in the essential decency of the white man's culture!

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”