More Hulk! WOO!

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

More Hulk! WOO!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:14 pm UTC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Incred ... %28film%29

Starring three of my favorite actors, and directed by the guy who did two of my favorite action movies, this looks to whomp more ass than the first one which already whomped a lot of ass).

Lani
Has Boobs (Probably)

Postby Lani » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:01 am UTC

Oh my.

First of all, Edward Norton, while amazingly hot, doesn't really have the "hulky" body type. I would think that he would be too lean for it.

Second of all, sorry Jalepeno, but I have to disagree with you...The original Hulk movie was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Seriously, awful.
- Lani

"They think they're so high and mighty, just because they never got caught driving without pants."

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:03 am UTC

Darn..thought this was about the comic. Ah, well.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Torn Apart By Dingos

Postby Torn Apart By Dingos » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:54 am UTC

lani wrote:Second of all, sorry Jalepeno, but I have to disagree with you...The original Hulk movie was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Seriously, awful.
Agreed. It wasn't even worth watching for the special effects. Their 3D renderer was buggy. You could see the hulk's pants flickering on and off, and no one had bothered to fix it.

SpitValve
Not a mod.

Postby SpitValve » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:52 am UTC

lani wrote:First of all, Edward Norton, while amazingly hot, doesn't really have the "hulky" body type. I would think that he would be too lean for it.

Isn't the idea that he turns from some weedy guy into a massive CG hulk abomination thing? i.e. he's supposed to be lean?

Lani
Has Boobs (Probably)

Postby Lani » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:00 am UTC

SpitValve wrote:
lani wrote:First of all, Edward Norton, while amazingly hot, doesn't really have the "hulky" body type. I would think that he would be too lean for it.

Isn't the idea that he turns from some weedy guy into a massive CG hulk abomination thing? i.e. he's supposed to be lean?

Possibly; I've never read the comic. :)
- Lani

"They think they're so high and mighty, just because they never got caught driving without pants."

Narsil
Ask me about my junk!

Postby Narsil » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:40 am UTC

Hmm...Edward Norton in a film about confronting a freakishly powerful alter ego. Man that sounds original and fresh. It's great for him to do a completely different role like this.
Spoiler:
EsotericWombat wrote:MORE JUNK THAN YOUR BODY HAS ROOM FOR

Mother Superior wrote:What's he got that I dont?
*sees Narsil's sig*
Oh... that.

une see
Is my girl

Postby une see » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:44 am UTC

Narsil wrote:Hmm...Edward Norton in a film about confronting a freakishly powerful alter ego. Man that sounds original and fresh. It's great for him to do a completely different role like this.

Who cares?

It's Edward Norton.

I rest my case.

Edit: I just looked at the linked Wikipedia article, and I have to admit that there is a lot of win going on in this film. Edward Norton + Liv Tyler? Hell yes.

But the most win is with William Hurt. William Hurt. I wish I had that last name.

And I notice that I have a lot of italics going on in this here post. Italics are fun.

Swordfish
Weathermaaaaaaan!

Postby Swordfish » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:06 am UTC

SpitValve wrote:

That is exactly the idea. Bruce Banner is a stringy looking nerd while the Hulk is, well... like this guy.
"If I had a nickel for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke." Stephen Colbert

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:31 pm UTC

Depending on the artist, Banner ranges from skinny nerd to normal looking guy to ..well, I can't find any examples, but muscular in human norms, not comic book norms.

So, yeah, Norton'll work fine.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

SpitValve
Not a mod.

Postby SpitValve » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:14 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:Depending on the artist, Banner ranges from skinny nerd to normal looking guy to ..well, I can't find any examples, but muscular in human norms, not comic book norms.

Yeah I've definitely seem some Bruce Banners with abs...

This is the best I could find.

melchior

Postby melchior » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:16 am UTC

Never thought Edward Norton would do a super hero flick. but that's a damn good cast considering the 2003 hulk movie stank big time. /me wonders what role tim roth will be playing though.

Mighty Jalapeno

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:17 am UTC

melchior wrote:Never thought Edward Norton would do a super hero flick. but that's a damn good cast considering the 2003 hulk movie stank big time. /me wonders what role tim roth will be playing though.

The Article wrote: Tim Roth as Emil Blonsky: A KGB agent who exposes him to gamma radiation to gain the Hulk's powers. Unable to change back into human form, he seeks his revenge on Banner.

dumbclown

Postby dumbclown » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:56 am UTC

There was a Hulk game a couple of years ago with Emil Blonsky in it. He became a big green thing called the Abomination similar to the Hulk. Him and the Hulk duked it out. The movie should be good.

SpitValve
Not a mod.

Postby SpitValve » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:02 am UTC

dumbclown wrote:There was a Hulk game a couple of years ago with Emil Blonsky in it. He became a big green thing called the Abomination similar to the Hulk. Him and the Hulk duked it out. The movie should be good.

The Abomination has been in the comics for a while. Since 1967 apparently :)

But they're not calling him the Abomination in this, too cheesy.

Mighty Jalapeno

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:24 pm UTC

Although Emil won't look like Roth for too long, I've always loved Roth's voice, where evil was required (Especially in The Musketeer:)

"Thats the second time this evening I've been called mad, and I'm beginning to resent it."

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”