Anime Thread of Doom

Rot your brains, then rot our boards

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Vellyr

Re: Anime!

Postby Vellyr » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:51 am UTC

Not...at all...there are 26 episodes in series 1, and 25 in Kai. What's going on is really only explained in the last arc of season 1, and is elaborated on / resolved in season 2

Spoiler:
The "climactic finish" could have come straight out of a scooby doo episode though "it would have worked if it weren't for those darn kids!". The series as a whole was decent, but the ending ruined what could have been seriously epic.

McLovin

Postby McLovin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:03 am UTC

They ended it the way it was supposed to have ended O_o. And really, the only way it could have. What I DON'T like is:

Spoiler:
What they did with...whatsherface. I can't remember her name at the moment, but the woman that was talking to young Takano. It's NOT Rika--it's some other woman who only appeared once or twice in the games/manga. Seriously, I don't want a third season. Especially not centered around that droopy-eyed bitch -_-

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:01 pm UTC

Ah. So that is probably why it doesn't make any sense to me. I only watched 8 episodes and thought that was it. :lol:

Right ho, time to go *acquire* the other episodes...
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:31 pm UTC

I can't wait for Higurashi 3 and Haruhi 2. Although I heard the premise has changed.

Jack Saladin, don't judge Code Geass until you finish it. Don't be biased at least until *after* that. It's because of something that happens later in the series and will ultimately (and hopefully) show you what I and many others are pointing out when we say Code Geass is overall, better than Death Note.

Um, on a side note I been watching Bokurano. (AKA Uninstall). *Beautiful* theme song. The plot is rather... interesting... so far I'm on EP 3, and it's look like a tad sluggish but promising. I'll report back later XD. But the series def is getting serious fast as a character already died on EP 2. And it wasn't necessarily a minor character either.

I'm also trying to get my hands on "1 cm a Sec." The visuals of that show is like... 11/10. Me loves ze eye canday!

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:13 am UTC

Jack Saladin, don't judge Code Geass until you finish it. Don't be biased at least until *after* that. It's because of something that happens later in the series and will ultimately (and hopefully) show you what I and many others are pointing out when we say Code Geass is overall, better than Death Note.

How am I supposed to finish it when it has finished yet? o.O

I got up to date with it a day or two after I started watching. And it's still not as good as Death Note.

Bokurano is pretty awesome for a while (the plot gets going soon), but then it begins to suck at some point... A few eps before ep20 or around there, I think. Never finished it.

sm_usagi

Postby sm_usagi » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:41 pm UTC

My all time favourite (and my introduction to anime) is Sailormoon. Hey, I was in the target audience at the time, that's my only defense. :lol: And it was a gateway drug to more anime. :wink:

I also loved NGE (got a little obsessed for awhile *sweatdrop*), Azumanga Daioh, DNA^2, Furi Kuri, Saikano, and Serial Experiments Lain. I feel like I'm forgetting some but that's off the top of my head. I just started watching .hack//sign and it hasn't really sucked me in yet. Oh, Chobits! Chobits was awesome too.

My favourite movie is Metropolis. The ending is so surreal.

McLovin

Postby McLovin » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:09 pm UTC

sm_usagi wrote:My all time favourite (and my introduction to anime) is Sailormoon. Hey, I was in the target audience at the time, that's my only defense.

Middle-aged Japanese businessmen? :D

sm_usagi wrote:Oh, Chobits! Chobits was awesome too.

Robots that turn on by you fingering them? >_>. Why haven't these been created yet?

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:22 pm UTC

McLovin wrote:
sm_usagi wrote:My all time favourite (and my introduction to anime) is Sailormoon. Hey, I was in the target audience at the time, that's my only defense.

sm_usagi wrote:Oh, Chobits! Chobits was awesome too.

Robots that turn on by you fingering them? >_>. Why haven't these been created yet?

Please tell me you get the pun in that sentence...

Saladin, I torrented the series a long time ago. XP. That's how you can finish it.

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:57 am UTC

No, what I'm saying is, all of Code Geass doesn't even exist yet. It's impossible to "finish" it. I watched the entire Season 1 long ago, like I said, and, like I said, it wasn't as good as Death Note.

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:03 am UTC

O whoops, somehow I missed that, well I haven't begun on R2, cause I do NOT want to wait a week per episode. I must chug it all at once, like I do with about all the series I watch/read.

In any case, if you have not explained why you think Death Note is better, can you do so?

I'm just intrigued by this.

McLovin

Postby McLovin » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:21 pm UTC

On the topic of Geass, after watching Episode 15 again:

Spoiler:
Is it me, or was CC's Code gone at the end of the episode? I'm pretty sure there was a clear shot of her forehead through her hair, and I saw no Geass symbol. So did Charles take hers as well, causing her to lose her memories? >_>

sm_usagi

Postby sm_usagi » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:59 pm UTC

McLovin wrote:

ROFL, actually teenage girl, but I take your point. :lol:

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:41 pm UTC

McLovin wrote:On the topic of Geass, after watching Episode 15 again:

Spoiler:
Is it me, or was CC's Code gone at the end of the episode? I'm pretty sure there was a clear shot of her forehead through her hair, and I saw no Geass symbol. So did Charles take hers as well, causing her to lose her memories? >_>

Spoiler:
Actually I thought it was that she forced her Code on Lulu. One thing I wonder is: if Lelouche now has a Code, he doesn't have his Geass any more. Will that automatically deactivate any Geass that he's already cast?

Clintonio

Postby Clintonio » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:20 pm UTC

Anime fan here, I've watched a fair bit of anime. Here's a quick bit about my viewing habits;

Favourite genres: Romance/ Comedy/ Mecha
Currently Watching: Aria The Natural, Code Geass R2, Naruto Shippuuden (Please don't bite me), Zero no Tsukaima: Princess no Rondo, Welcome to the NHK, Macross F.

Favourite anime series: (Top11)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Elfen Lied
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch
Death Note
Kanon (2006)
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Baccano!
Mnemosyne - Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi
Mushishi

Melannen

Postby Melannen » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:19 am UTC

Kay! Here is my list! I'm more shoujo than anything, but ya know.. I'm a girl after all!

Sailor Moon (Japanese version. Love the last season that wasnt shown over here, and it was my intro to anime)
Full Metal Alchemist (Japanese version only... English voices SUCK)
Inuyasha (well.. not the anime, but LOVED the manga!)
Chobits (Japanese version only... English voices sucked)
Negima?! (Japanese version)
Final Fantasy Unlimited (well... I enjoyed watching it once... but that's it)
Onegai Teacher! (w00t! Ichigo! w00t! Mizuho!)
Onegai Twins! (w00t! Ichigo!)
Bubble Gum Crisis
Ayashi no Ceres
.hack (ooohhh... suuuch a good series *droooooooool*)
Pokemon (the one where there was only 100 pokemon in the world.. not the newer BS)
Naruto
Princess Mononoke
Perfect Blue
Ghost in a Shell
Hellsing
Fruits Basket
Gundam Wing
Full Metal Panic!
Escaflowne
Laputa (I actually liked both English and Japanese versions! Castle in the Sky)
Spirited Away (Japanese Version)
Tokyo Mew Mew
Fushigi Yuugi (I HATE Miaka's cry! but other than that! Its pree sweet!)
Cardcaptor Sakura (only until she captured all the cards... then it just got dumber)
Kodocha (HATE Sana's voice, but the series is cute)

LOL There are more but I cant think of 'em all right now!

Asmodieus

Postby Asmodieus » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:59 pm UTC

i just realized something... Full Metal Alchemist will have two endings, the manga is on-going and the creator wanted a different ending for the anime. I seriously had no idea about this XD

Im reading Rosario+Vampire and Negima right now.

Probably one of my favorite anime/mangas right now is xxxHolic. i really like the whole occult-ish theme
Tillian wrote:Yeah, but the polar bears get more territorial during the summer, so we have to stay indoors.

Avelion

Postby Avelion » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:06 am UTC

I don't think I can pick a favorite so you guys are getting the list.

Spoilered for big
Spoiler:
Appleseed(the new ones)
Azumanga Daioh
Blood+
Clannad
Code Geass(both seasons)
Cowbow Bebop
E.F. a Tale of Memories
Elfen Lied
.Hack//sign
Hellsing Ultimate
FLCL
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
Full Metal Panic Second Raid
Full Metal Alchemist
Ghost in the Shell(all incarnations with emphasis on Solid State Society)
Kyouran no Kazoku Nikki(light hearted absurdity with horribly dark undertones)
Lucky Star
Ookami to Koushinryou
Outlaw Star
Princess Mononoke
Rebuild of Evangelion(new movie is amazing, not big on original)
Read or Die
R.O.D. the TV
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei(both seasons pining for a third)
Serial Experiments Lain
Shakuga no Shana Movie(can't sit through the series for some reason)
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
Witchblade

These are just my favorites. I have watched far too many to list all of them. >.>

My to do list:

Fate/Stay Night
Last Exile
Higurashi
Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggen
Zero no Tsukaima
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Cory Doctorow

Asmodieus

Postby Asmodieus » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:25 pm UTC

woah i havent seen anyone post Vampire Knight or Darker than Black
Tillian wrote:Yeah, but the polar bears get more territorial during the summer, so we have to stay indoors.

fersrs

Postby fersrs » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:55 am UTC

Spoiler:
I've watched all of Chobits, Avatar and Death note. Death Note was amazingly awesome and I believe it should be required that every citizen of earth watch it, Avatar gave me hope for the western world, Chobits was alright. Watched a few episodes of Blood+ (got bored), and Elfin Lied (unable to keep a straight face at how much blood apparently spurts out of a person's neck when their head explodes.) I also used to be really into Pokemon(the very first version, before it got confusing), Card Captors, Yu-Gi-Oh(<_< >_>)and Sailor Moon when I was a kid. Currently watching Bleach and loving it almost as much as Death Note. Almost... All the movies listed rocked my socks. :)

Death Note
Bleach
Chobits
Pokemon
Sailor Moon
Princess Monoke
Spirited Away
Castle In The Sky
The Cat Returns
Howl's Moving Castle
Nausicaa: Valley of the Wind

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:10 pm UTC

I'm now working my way through Noein. Anyone seen this? Seems to be a bunch of people from an alternate universe teleporting to ours, and losing limbs whenever they materialise inside a solid object. And a big glowing ring in the sky that nobody seems to notice except the protagonist and her boyfriend. Quite intriguing.

Bulvox

Postby Bulvox » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:29 am UTC

just found this thread. Huge fan of anime. as a matter of fact, i've got anime on my computer. here's the list of what i have:

Ah! My Goddess
Azumanga Daioh
Basilisk
Black Lagoon
Blue Gender
Candidate for Goddess
Chobits
Clannad
Claymore
Code Geass
Cowboy Bebop
Cromartie High School
Darker than Black
Dears
Death Note
Dokuro-chan (gonna delete that one, i don't like it)
.hack//sign
Elfen Lied
Ergo Proxy
Excel Saga (same as Dokuro-Chan)
Fate Stay Night
Fruits Basket
Full Metal Panic!
G Gundam
GitS 2
Grenadier
Gundam Seed
Gungrave
Hellsing
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
Kanokon
Kanon
Last Exile
Lucky Star
Maburaho
Mahou Sensei Negima
Nadesico
Onegai Teacher
Onegai Twins (DID NOT LIKE)
Outlaw Star
Puni Puni Poemy
Read or Die tv
Saikano
Serial Experiments Lain
Speed Grapher
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
TOKKO
Vandread
Welcome to the NHK!
Witchblade
Wolf's Rain

and that's just what i have on my computer, i've seen more than just that.
See Ya Space Cowboy...

toshiro

Postby toshiro » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:25 am UTC

I watch anime... a lot. I think I need to get another TB to store anime >_> I buy the stuff I like whenever I can, though.

So, favourites.

Koukaku Kidoutai/Ghost in the Shell (the whole universe. You just can't sum it up)
Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi/Spirited Away
Samurai Champloo
REC!
Eikoku koi monogatari Emma/Victorian Romance Emma
Ergo Proxy

These are the ones that pop into my head at first thought, but it is difficult to boil it down, there are just so many. Perhaps rather genres...

Sci-Fi/Psychological, School Life/Slice of Life (have to be mixed with comedy, drama gets too tedious...), Historical, Moe, Seinen/Josei

I dislike (usually, not categorically, and not mentioning the more extreme fetishes):

Shounen Ai (I just don't like it. I don't think I'm homophobic, but I'm just not interested in romance between men/boys as the sole/main premise)
Shoujo/Shounen anime, sudden girlfriend appearance (one of a few exceptions: AMS), harem anime (one of a few exceptions: AMS), shinigami anime (Bleach was such a turn-off), vampires, (usually) Fantasy (one of a few exceptions: Slayers and its sequels)

Aveteomni

Postby Aveteomni » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:14 am UTC

Wahh I love anime, but there are too many to think of all my favorites. As you can see from my avatar I am a big fan of Bleach ^^. Andd I have about 2 weeks of Anime on my computer, so others that I really like... Rurouni Kenshin, Gundam 00, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist, and Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. So there's really no trend there, and the only anime I've watched and haven't enjoyed all that much was Samurai 7. I don't know the reason, as there's not really a trend there either... But in general if I get a break from studying I'll download and watch more anime while at boarding school =P

Oh also, if anyone could point me in the direction of more animes with entertaining theme songs (akin to Gundam 00, which had kickass songs for both of its OPs and EDs) then I'd be grateful Y(^^)
I'll put something here when I see/think of something witty..

Jack Saladin
X is kiss

Postby Jack Saladin » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:35 am UTC

Death Note. I learned to sing both of the opening tracks.

Nomic

Postby Nomic » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:39 pm UTC

Now that I got the internet connection of my laptop working, I can download some anime (aswell as some other stuff like songs). Dunno where to start tho, as there's a lot of anime series I'm interested in. Think I'll start with Nanoha, Cowboy Bebop, Exell Saga and some good slice of life serie as soon as I can think of one. Yes, I'm an evil pirate who downloads stuff from the net, but what else there is to do when the local networks seems to run one anime serie every few years and while I know a place that sells DVDs, I haven't found one for most of the series mentioned for sale here.

fersrs

Postby fersrs » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:36 am UTC

Jack Saladin wrote:Death Note. I learned to sing both of the opening tracks.

:o
Have you recorded them? I would really like to hear that.

Bulvox

Postby Bulvox » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:42 am UTC

there's one anime that my friends have that i'm not allowed to watch because it'll make me start to think bad thoughts again. i forget the name of it.
Jack Saladin wrote:Death Note. I learned to sing both of the opening tracks.

^win.
See Ya Space Cowboy...

toshiro

Postby toshiro » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:19 pm UTC

Bavelion: I watched both new Appleseed movies, and while the first one was good, the second one left me heavily disappointed. Maybe I just expected less of a 'mystical floating island' than a serious approach to Shirow's work. The first movie already had that problem, with Deunan hanging on to the Giant Spider Mecha (I forget the actual name, too lazy to look it up) and holding Briareos (a fellow who weighs well over 250 pounds).

GitS has been developing great, though. I can't get enough of the new renditions.

Kazuke

Postby Kazuke » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:35 am UTC

Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan, .hack, Last Exile, FLCL, Read or Die, Blue Submarine No. 6, Ghost in the Shell, Big O, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Digimon, IGPX, Zoids, Full Metal Alchemist, Gad Guard, and Trigun for meh.

And everything that Miyazaki has ever made, especially Castle in the Sky.

I likes Avatar too, but I've never thought of it as an anime.

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:28 am UTC

I really want to watch cowboy bebop again, but I don't actually have a copy of it.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:37 pm UTC

Bulvox wrote:there's one anime that my friends have that i'm not allowed to watch because it'll make me start to think bad thoughts again. i forget the name of it.

Ebichu.

parkaboy
who dwells between the borders of time

Postby parkaboy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:17 am UTC

SPEAKING OF EBICHU

<---- ^_^

ALSO: does anyone have any info on when season 2 of Nana is going to be released (well, fansubbed and let out before the legal scooping it up)

Back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways through the snow on fire without feet to get fucking terrible relationship advice from disinterested and socially maladjusted nerds. Belial

cypherspace

Postby cypherspace » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:01 am UTC

Have I really not posted in this thread? Crazy.

Big fan of anime a few years ago, not so much now. As such I haven't kept up with the latest series. Ones I used to like:

Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
Blue Sub No. 6
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Noir
Excel Saga
And balls there was one more... comedy, spaceships... er... aha! Martian Successor Nadesico.

The top two are my favourites though, without a shadow of a doubt.
"It was like five in the morning and he said he'd show me his hamster"

Bulvox

Postby Bulvox » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:21 am UTC

all right, i'll post a list of some of the animes that i've watched, either fully or partially:
spoiler'd for length
Spoiler:
Dragonball
Dragonball Z
Dragonball GT
Gundam
G Gundam
Gundam Wing
08th MS Team
Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
.hack//Sign
Akira
My Neighbor Totoro
Spirited Away
The Castle in the Sky
Princess Mononoke
Appleseed
Big O
R.O.D. the tv
Betterman
Gad Guard
Last Exile
Zoids
Zoids: Chaotic Century
Ruroni Kenshin
Ronin Warriors
Bleach
Naruto
FLCL
Lupin III
All three series of Tenchi Muyo
s-CRY-ed
Yu Yu Hakusho
Paranoia Agent
Outlaw Star
Cowboy Bebop
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Both Neon Genesis Evangelion movies
Naruto: Shippudenn
Lucky Star
Azumanga Daioh
The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Inuyasha
Hellsing
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni
Hellsing
GunGrave
Vampire Hunter D
eX-Driver
Ghost in the Shell
GitS: STA
GitS: Second Gig
Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Panic
Eureka Seven
Darker than Black
Hell Girl
Candidate for Goddess
Blue Gender
Black Lagoon
Witchblade
Wolf's Rain
Reign (the one about Alexander the Great)
Angel Sanctuary
Cardcaptor Sakura (i was very young, think kindergarden/1st grade)
Sailor Moon (i was very young, think kindergarden/1st grade)
Pokemon
Digimon
Chrono Crusade
Claymore
D. Gray-Man
Death Note
I might have seen Dual! Parallel Troubles, but I'm not entirely sure
Detective Conan
Fruits Basket
Grenadier (brest reloads ever)
Haibane Renmei
History's Greatest Disciple Kenichi
Immortal Grand Prix
Kanokon
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
King of Bandit Jing
Makai Senki Disgaea
Gundam 00 (i think)
Onegai Teacher
Persona -trinity soul-
Rave Master
Bobo-bobo-bobobo
Saint Seiya
Shakugan no Shana
Shakugan no Shana 2
Spiral
Escaflowne
Tenjou Tenge
Tokyo Majin Gakuen
Trigun
Tsubasa Chronicles
Yu-Gi-Oh!
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
Zatch Bell

i think that's it, but there are probably a few animes that i watched whose names escape me at the moment.
See Ya Space Cowboy...

Nomic

Postby Nomic » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:50 pm UTC

Damn! I just finished watching Exel Saga in (nearly) one sitting and now I got a terrible urge to run around in circleas waving my hands! And use lots of eplanation marks! Anyways, it's really funny. One of my fauvorite "funny" animes, along with Slayers. Speaking of Slayers, Lina Inverse (along with Richard from LFG Comic) is, like, a patron saint of warlocks.

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:42 pm UTC

Nomic wrote:Damn! I just finished watching Exel Saga in (nearly) one sitting and now I got a terrible urge to run around in circleas waving my hands! And use lots of eplanation marks! Anyways, it's really funny. One of my fauvorite "funny" animes, along with Slayers. Speaking of Slayers, Lina Inverse (along with Richard from LFG Comic) is, like, a patron saint of warlocks.

What? Excel Saga? It's so irritating.

Brother Maynard

Postby Brother Maynard » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:05 pm UTC

Mmkay, since there seem to be so many people gathered here, and I recently inhaled Death Note, the first anime I seriously watched (took 2 days, and I even watched the part after ep. 25, hoping it would come back to the old quality I enjoyed), I'm hoping to get some recommendations. I've already got Code Geass (spelling?) lined up as next on my list and I plan on exploring Ghost in the Shell and possibly Last Exile, but what else is there?

I'm really not looking for comedy. I just want good, thought-provoking stuff that I loved as much as Light and L's mind games (which, f.y.i., got me so excited that I finally finished Crime and Punishment).

ShaKri

Postby ShaKri » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:30 pm UTC

wow.. thats actually a hard one for me... because everything i watch has some form of comedy in it :S..

but em...

Elfin Lied was really good... but the Ecci in it can get a little annoying.
City Hunter and Angel Heart (alt reality versions of the same universe, im one of the few who prefaired Angel Heart lol) but again..still has some comedy in it ... although its not a comedy per-say...

as for thought provoking... i have no idea...
the only thing i found thought provoking about Death Note was what i would do with one, lol.

when it comes to anime for me tho ... it NEEDS to be in japanese !!! i nearly fucking broke my tv when i seen dragonball (and z, never did watch gt) in english on cartoon network/toonami (i had seen it in japanese b4 hand).

i need to have atleast started reading the manga... (except for movies or Fruits Basket... lol i read the manga to FB after i watched it)

no idea why... but i tend to prefair the manga to the anime.

EDIT:

.hack//
lol start with sign :)
Signature : 01000011 01101000 01110101 01100011 01101011
00100000 01001110 01101111 01110010 01110010 01101001 01110011 00100000

Bulvox

Postby Bulvox » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:36 pm UTC

the problem is finding the other .hack//'s

and if your looking for manga, check out [url]onemanga.com[/url]
it has free manga that is translated from the japanese version as soon as it's released in japan.
See Ya Space Cowboy...

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:45 pm UTC

Brother Maynard wrote:Mmkay, since there seem to be so many people gathered here, and I recently inhaled Death Note, the first anime I seriously watched (took 2 days, and I even watched the part after ep. 25, hoping it would come back to the old quality I enjoyed), I'm hoping to get some recommendations. I've already got Code Geass (spelling?) lined up as next on my list and I plan on exploring Ghost in the Shell and possibly Last Exile, but what else is there?

I'm really not looking for comedy. I just want good, thought-provoking stuff that I loved as much as Light and L's mind games (which, f.y.i., got me so excited that I finally finished Crime and Punishment).

Ergo Proxy

Return to “Movies and TV Shows”