Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
Zak
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:25 am UTC
Location: In the making.

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby Zak » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:19 am UTC

Daft Punk is NOT playing at your house.
*waggles eyebrows*

User avatar
McCaber
Posts: 474
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:35 am UTC
Location: Coyote
Contact:

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby McCaber » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:49 am UTC

I don't feel safe in my garage.
Spoiler:
hyperion wrote:
Hawknc wrote:Crap, that image is going to get a lot of use around here.

That's what SHE said!

She blinded me with Science!

User avatar
koneko
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:22 am UTC

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby koneko » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:01 am UTC

Yes, I really want to hurt you. I even want to make you cry. Words, however, have not to my knowledge been known to cause grievous bodily harm and all of my lovers have asked me why at some point or another.
ImageImage

User avatar
muteKi
Angry is too weak a term. Try "Fluffy".
Posts: 372
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:02 am UTC
Location: William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby muteKi » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:12 am UTC

I apologize if any of these are reposts.

Actually, he probably IS looking to be more than just friends. He probably does indeed want to tie you down and chain you down.

The Congo War did not in fact occur during '66 or '67, and I don't see what the connection is to the Symbionese Liberation Front.
Also, I am curious as to how you can be searching and singing if you don't actually have a heart, unless you are a very advanced robot.

Some things do not, in fact, shine. (Otherwise there would only be one type of paint sheen, though this would make things interesting in terms of applying it to the atmosphere, which does seem like a rather impossible task.)

Going over the counter with a shotgun would likely get you arrested.
Similarly, towns do not really need names, and I don't know how you could need her love like a runaway train.
And I think it's been said already that in the manner that King was shot, he probably wouldn't have much pride -- or at least that would be the least important matter.

Yes, if he's asking you for a dime it's possible that this is a crime depending on the jurisdiction's laws on panhandling.

If the radio turns to gold, seriously, quit lamenting your old girlfriend and just sell it for cash on EBay, and see if you can do it for a few more radios.

There's no guarantee that you'll someday be loved. Rather than forget these days, you might become a bitter "cat lady".

I certainly don't have a hungry heart. Stomach, maybe.

Ehh, you can get upset about what's on TV but all things considered times now and times then really aren't and weren't that different. So the trouble isn't really coming, it's been here the whole time.

Not everything gives you cancer; some things for example, give you AIDS.

And I'm really sorry but you can't go about mixing your metaphors like that, and can you or can you not actually see the shore? If you can see the shore, then you're going to see it right then! Rather obvious, if you ask me.

Not everyone is your friend in New York City. I was once held up at gunpoint there.
Image

BattleMoose
Posts: 1993
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:42 am UTC

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby BattleMoose » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:53 am UTC

A pelvic thrust or a routine of body gyrations will not cause a warp of space or time.

User avatar
EsotericWombat
Colorful Orator
Posts: 2567
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:36 pm UTC
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby EsotericWombat » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:51 am UTC

John Cage wrote:




BULLSHIT!
Image

User avatar
tin
Foxy McAwesomesworth
Posts: 1406
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:28 pm UTC
Location: Glasgow, UK
Contact:

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby tin » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:33 am UTC

Crucifying the insincere, will most likely get you arrested. On a further note, achieving the impossible is not possible because, well..it's 'impossible'.
i dare you to take me on...

User avatar
Nebulae
Posts: 593
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:20 pm UTC
Location: Anywhere

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby Nebulae » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:49 am UTC

BattleMoose wrote:A pelvic thrust or a routine of body gyrations will not cause a warp of space or time.

Of course it does!

User avatar
El Senor Fruit Swing
Posts: 1048
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:57 pm UTC
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby El Senor Fruit Swing » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:31 pm UTC

So whats the purpose of this thread? How does it work Lol.
Please tell me so i can contribute my whimsical thought
Raiku wrote: Oh, I 'Falcon Punched' a tree for the hell of it, and it's still quite bloody...

User avatar
cypherspace
Posts: 2733
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:48 pm UTC
Location: Londonia

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby cypherspace » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:08 pm UTC

You are correct, Mars is as cold as hell, and there is no-one there to raise your kids. So why you ever considered it as a realistic prospect is beyond me really.

If nobody knows it, it's unlikely to be something simple.

The horizon cannot, in fact, be defeated.

Saying "Give it to me ten times" would be a more efficient use of language.
"It was like five in the morning and he said he'd show me his hamster"

User avatar
Berengal
Superabacus Mystic of the First Rank
Posts: 2707
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 5:51 am UTC
Location: Bergen, Norway
Contact:

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby Berengal » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:08 pm UTC

If it's a) a long way to Tipperary, then b) you aren't there. If, in addition, c) your heart's right there, then you're d)ead.
It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students who are motivated by money: As potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.

User avatar
Goatboy
may become less boring.
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:03 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby Goatboy » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:40 pm UTC

I doubt your efficiency at increasing torque and would prefer a proper monkey wrench anyhow.

Every day is like Sunday in certain respects, such as length, however the assertion that every day is silent and grey simply cannot be, especially as you are singing. In any case, nuclear war is likely to worsen your problems, not alleviate them.

I couldn't feel your bones on my bones, as bones don't have nerve endings.

Em, you've not killed your wife once, let alone the numerous times you've claimed to.

And, generally, you're unlikely to be able to sustain enjoyable intercourse "all night long" no matter how well hung you are.
I have nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.
And some old pictures.

User avatar
The Coincidence
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:50 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby The Coincidence » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:07 pm UTC

How can a ring of fire be burning? It's already on fire!

If humans were ornaments, and I have reason to believe that they are not, phantom limbs would certainly not be proper evidence towards this fact. And how the hell would dismantling them have any effect on your argument? Not to mention that you can't dismantle something that's not actually there. Seriously, Cedric, get your act together.

EvanED
Posts: 4331
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:28 am UTC
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby EvanED » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:20 pm UTC

Actually this first half of this is pretty funny and in the same vein as this thread.

User avatar
koneko
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:22 am UTC

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby koneko » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:36 am UTC

I like to keep in in one place, keep it in one place.
Also, as I am not on acid I cannot paint with any of the colours of the wind. I was under the impression that "wind" was a movement of atmospheric gases, invisible to the naked eye. Perhaps we are thinking of two different kinds of wind? No? Then your expectations are far too high, and you will never find a man capable of the herculean task of pleasing you.
ImageImage

User avatar
cypherspace
Posts: 2733
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:48 pm UTC
Location: Londonia

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby cypherspace » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:05 am UTC

A candle in the wind would be unreliable.
"It was like five in the morning and he said he'd show me his hamster"

Ceorle
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:48 pm UTC

Let's ruin post subjects with pointless metahumor!

Postby Ceorle » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:18 pm UTC

Yeah, right. I'd like to see you mount a storm. With or without leather pants.

If you think the place you're going to will be free of disease, work and risk, but still allow you to meet people, then you've been horribly misguided. However, it might be better than the West Bank. Good luck with that.

If you fought at New Orleans, you'd be long dead when that fruit company started sounding off.

If we're gonna do what I think, that hat will fall off pretty fucking quickly anyway.

Ten minutes of complaining and you still feel like you're tied to a whipping post? Thirteen more minutes ain't the solution (unless, y'know, you like whips. Follow your bliss)

User avatar
Goatboy
may become less boring.
Posts: 709
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:03 am UTC
Contact:

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby Goatboy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:23 pm UTC

Dang, I'm usually pretty good at this, but I only caught the first and last ones there ("Riders on the Storm" and "Whipping Post"). Now I'm curious.
I have nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.
And some old pictures.

User avatar
ThorFluff
Ursus Onanis
Posts: 988
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:53 am UTC
Location: Stockholm - Sweden
Contact:

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby ThorFluff » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:30 pm UTC

NO! You cannot play with madness!
EsotericWombat wrote:You're... calling the Rolling Stones emo.

It might take a while to gather the lynch mob. no one really planned against this eventuality.


krynd wrote:That'd make an awesome sig. Unfortunately, I'm sure self-sigging isn't allowed...

ParanoidDrone
Posts: 514
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:38 am UTC
Location: idk ask my bff jill

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby ParanoidDrone » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:34 pm UTC

When it's 12:30, it is NOT 5:00 somewhere, because time zones are in 1 hour increments.

The fact I've actually posted here is amazing, as I don't listen to music for the most part. o_O </offtopic>
Insert witty phrase here.

User avatar
SpitValve
Not a mod.
Posts: 5130
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:51 am UTC
Location: Lower pork village

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby SpitValve » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:15 pm UTC

ParanoidDrone wrote:When it's 12:30, it is NOT 5:00 somewhere, because time zones are in 1 hour increments.


Actually, there are several places that are half an hour out. I think Newfoundland is one.

User avatar
TigerX
its the squiggles dude!
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 5:16 am UTC
Location: Clemson, SC
Contact:

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby TigerX » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:23 pm UTC

cypherspace wrote:A candle in the wind would be unreliable.

Which would be the point of the original analogy.

User avatar
jakkle
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:40 pm UTC

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby jakkle » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:14 am UTC

while a group of five could indeed force me to the floor, i will never be bound to dance to their shitty music.
geek love in its noblest form.

User avatar
koneko
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:22 am UTC

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby koneko » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:24 am UTC

Red shoes are not required for dancing.
ImageImage

Dr. Canadian Ninja
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:21 am UTC

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby Dr. Canadian Ninja » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:39 am UTC

White man did come, but he came across an ocean, not a sea. While they brought pain and misery, they also brought alcohol, tobacco and horses.

Look, the last time we left you alone, there were accusations of molestation. Don't think we'll leave you alone again any time soon.
SecondTalon wrote:Know what I hate? The complete lack of electric bass guitar in Baroque stuff. I mean, come on!

User avatar
scriptKittie
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:45 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby scriptKittie » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:48 am UTC

THE WORLD IS NOT: A vampire, !enough, ending, yours, mine, ugly, a stone, black, a party,(anyone have anything else?)
./l、
(゚、 。 7 < i.love(you);
.l、 ~ヽ
.じしf_,)ノ

User avatar
1337geek
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:21 am UTC

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby 1337geek » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:58 am UTC

Neil, the third of June is, in fact, not summer.

Brian, to age only one year in 100 Earth years, your spaceship would have to be traveling around 0.99c.

Oh, and Jimmy, if you don't remember if it was a Telecaster or a Stratocaster, then you don't actually remember everything.
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together." --Carl Zwanzig

ParanoidDrone
Posts: 514
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:38 am UTC
Location: idk ask my bff jill

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby ParanoidDrone » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:25 am UTC

SpitValve wrote:
ParanoidDrone wrote:When it's 12:30, it is NOT 5:00 somewhere, because time zones are in 1 hour increments.


Actually, there are several places that are half an hour out. I think Newfoundland is one.

:oops: I did not know this.
Insert witty phrase here.

User avatar
mazzilliu
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:44 am UTC
Location: your mom
Contact:

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby mazzilliu » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:42 am UTC

we don't all want to be rockstars, thanks anyways, and no, the drugs will never be cheap.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

User avatar
koneko
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:22 am UTC

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby koneko » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:02 am UTC

Actually that particular song doesn't get on my nerves. I've heard far worse in my life.
ImageImage

Dr. Canadian Ninja
Posts: 188
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:21 am UTC

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby Dr. Canadian Ninja » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:35 am UTC

ParanoidDrone wrote:
SpitValve wrote:
ParanoidDrone wrote:When it's 12:30, it is NOT 5:00 somewhere, because time zones are in 1 hour increments.


Actually, there are several places that are half an hour out. I think Newfoundland is one.

:oops: I did not know this.


Newfoundland, Caracas, and Kabul. Kathmandu is actually GMT+5:45. I think there's three other places in thirty minute increments, but I don't remember them.

And to stay on topic, really now. If you go to all this trouble to say 'this is your song,' you're not going to want to admit that you can't remember what color her eyes are.
SecondTalon wrote:Know what I hate? The complete lack of electric bass guitar in Baroque stuff. I mean, come on!

User avatar
koneko
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:22 am UTC

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby koneko » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:15 am UTC

Dr. Canadian Ninja wrote:
ParanoidDrone wrote:
SpitValve wrote:
ParanoidDrone wrote:When it's 12:30, it is NOT 5:00 somewhere, because time zones are in 1 hour increments.


Actually, there are several places that are half an hour out. I think Newfoundland is one.

:oops: I did not know this.


Newfoundland, Caracas, and Kabul. Kathmandu is actually GMT+5:45. I think there's three other places in thirty minute increments, but I don't remember them.

And to stay on topic, really now. If you go to all this trouble to say 'this is your song,' you're not going to want to admit that you can't remember what color her eyes are.

great, now i have to watch moulin rouge again. thanks a lot!
ImageImage

Ceorle
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:48 pm UTC

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby Ceorle » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:55 am UTC

Goatboy wrote:Dang, I'm usually pretty good at this, but I only caught the first and last ones there ("Riders on the Storm" and "Whipping Post"). Now I'm curious.


Well, you can't listen to every genre in the history of the world. One of them can never be sung in Jordan unironically (poor Christian population) and one is an antiwar song that isn't humanly possible. The dude apparently "set off the mighty mushroom roar", too. Respectfully worded, Phil...

That other one, though, hehe. My friend, a somewhat melancholic Dostoevsky fan, was talked into singing that one in a music course at my school. He's got a really nice low register and it went pretty well. However, his sisters were in the audience and nearly died of laughter. The guy even made a little "dirty old man" laugh after singing "Baby, take off your dress/Yes, yes, yes". This time he got to sing "House of the Rising Sun", poor lad can't get out of the filth.

Oh, Nelly? It's called "time", you may have heard of it. And regardless of if you like it, it'll probably come to an end someday too.

BattleMoose
Posts: 1993
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:42 am UTC

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby BattleMoose » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:52 pm UTC

It turns out that you can in fact not confuse a blind man with colour.

While haemaglobin is required for blood fllow around your body, it would not be foremost the most critical aspect of the system involved.

The sky, being not so much a tangible object, cannot, "crack."

User avatar
Felstaff
Occam's Taser
Posts: 5178
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:10 pm UTC
Location: ¢ ₪ ¿ ¶ § ∴ ® © ™ ؟ ¡ ‽ æ Þ ° ₰ ₤ ಡಢ

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby Felstaff » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:57 pm UTC

Just check Google Maps, bitch!
Away, you scullion! you rampallion! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe.

User avatar
Peregrin
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:58 am UTC

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby Peregrin » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:50 am UTC

If you were a diamond, when young, you would not shine at all. You would be remarkably dull. Very far from shining like the sun.

User avatar
SkaBassist
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:42 am UTC
Location: Texas (The ass end of America)
Contact:

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby SkaBassist » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:51 am UTC

Sorry if these are reposts.

Friend is NOT a four letter word, assuming McCrea is describing the word in English.
As far as I can tell, the lacrimal glands of boys function just as well as women's.

There's actually a whole site of these. I came up with those on my own, though :P

http://www.amiright.com/names/literallyimpossible/

User avatar
Zug-Zug
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:53 pm UTC

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby Zug-Zug » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:58 am UTC

Contrary to popular belief, you CANNOT walk on sunshine. (But don't it feel good! Woah oh!)
Image

User avatar
phlip
Restorer of Worlds
Posts: 7573
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 am UTC
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby phlip » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:35 pm UTC

Dr. Canadian Ninja wrote:Newfoundland, Caracas, and Kabul. Kathmandu is actually GMT+5:45. I think there's three other places in thirty minute increments, but I don't remember them.

I looked into this a while ago on some other forum...
I, on KoLf, wrote:Wikipedia lists a bunch:
  1. The Marquesas Islands in French Polynesia are GMT-9:30
  2. Newfoundland is GMT-3:30
  3. Iran is GMT+3:30
  4. Afghanistan is GMT+4:30
  5. India is GMT+5:30
  6. Nepal is GMT+5:45
  7. Cocos Islands and Myanmar (ex Burma) are GMT+6:30
  8. A handful of towns in south-east Western Australia apparantly use GMT+8:45... don't ask me to explain that, people in WA are just weird...
  9. Central Australia uses GMT+9:30
  10. Norfolk Island is GMT+11:30
  11. The Chatham Islands of New Zealand use GMT+12:45
"Do you know how many fractional-hour timzones there are in the world?"
"No... I never really studied that up."
"Eleven."
"Eleven? That's ridiculous. It's not even funny."

Code: Select all

enum ಠ_ಠ {°□°╰=1, °Д°╰, ಠ益ಠ╰};
void ┻━┻︵​╰(ಠ_ಠ ⚠) {exit((int)⚠);}
[he/him/his]

parthenos
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:54 pm UTC

Re: Let's ruin songs with knowledge!

Postby parthenos » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:06 pm UTC

It is not actually possible for you to be made solely of apologies. You're probably about 85% water, and I don't really know what the human body is made of, but I'm almost entirely sure that it is not possible for a living (well, once-living) being to be constructed only of apologies, which are an abstract notion meant to convey remorse. (that was mostly fluff, but whatever)
maybe if this signature is witty enough someone will finally love me.


Return to “Music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests