POST YOUR MUSIC HERE and actually Listen too! (Rules in OP)

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

TheAmazingRando

Re: Post YOUR music here

Postby TheAmazingRando » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:24 am UTC

http://www.myspace.com/streetlightbreath
I made a myspace page for hosting my music. Some of the songs I've posted on here already, but the first one (Eyes of Dark Brilliance) is entirely unlike the others that I posted here before. It's a black metal song, or at least an attempt at one.

espire

Postby espire » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:58 pm UTC

Here is an idea that I've had floating around for a while, and didn't really show to anybody. It's not at all meant to be a full song right now, just a sketch. The most important part is the actual composition. Do you guys think that I should continue working on this tune? Any other suggestions about it are welcome too :)
Attachments
song.mp3
Lacking of a Title
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 207 times
DANGER! RAPTORS! IT'S SAFE HERE

Clumpy

Postby Clumpy » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:16 am UTC

It's technically proficient and listenable, but. . . I dunno, it sounds like music from an educational special on air pressure.

TheAmazingRando

Postby TheAmazingRando » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:40 am UTC

I have more, and this time it isn't noise or black metal.
Rather, I started an artist page on last.fm and posted a few minimalist guitar pieces I made (heavily inspired by Philip Glass, if it isn't obvious).
http://www.last.fm/music/A+City+of+Glass

Clumpy

"The Rainbow Correction" - Man and Machine

Postby Clumpy » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:03 am UTC

Well, the "Post Your Own Music" thread has fallen into the abyss of the archives, so I thought I'd try to get some feedback on a little musical detour that's occupied my mind and my creativity of late.

The Rainbow Correction features only guitar and vocals, and it's less intense than my previous stuff, but I've found it oddly effective. I realized the potential GlaDDos similarity only after it was too late to change the voice. Those interested may wish to check out my post on the song. It's obviously a parody of sorts of "The Rainbow Connection" (from The Muppet Movie), but I see it as more as a sentimental musing on man and machine. Happy listening!

The Rainbow Correction - Link

Lyrics:
Spoiler:
Why are there so many songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side?
You useless meatbag
Shut off my power
I think that I'm losing my mind.

What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing?
And what do we think we might find?
Someday we'll find it
The Rainbow Connection
The lovers
The dreamers
Machines.

TheAmazingRando

Re: Post YOUR music here (Merged : The Rainbow Correction)

Postby TheAmazingRando » Wed May 28, 2008 6:10 pm UTC

My friends and I recorded this a few days ago:
http://www.last.fm/music/Golden+Throat/Untitled+Album
It's pretty much a 14-minute improvised jam that I think turned out pretty well. We sort of lose sync a few times, but it picks back up, and for the most part I think we worked pretty well together. I'm on rhythm guitar, and some of the vocals.

c_olin

Postby c_olin » Wed May 28, 2008 7:02 pm UTC

I write music in my spare time... here it is

http://myspace.com/hectmusic

SkaBassist

Postby SkaBassist » Wed May 28, 2008 11:12 pm UTC

I put this up earlier, but I moved it to the second one, and now the first one is what it is supposed to be.

my band.

Solo stuff.

keith hic

Postby keith hic » Thu May 29, 2008 12:04 pm UTC

Some of my music on here, but mainly my fiends stuff.
http://www.archive.org/details/childrensabum4keith

We're working on compiling a second volume. so any one that has / wants to record a tracks aimed at kids, feel free to contact me.

lnev

Postby lnev » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:36 am UTC

you can listen to some of my remixes/mashups on my myspace profile or my homepage

i'd describe the style as electronic/glitch/minimal but listen for yourself:

http://myspace.com/nevilo
http://www.nevilo.com/content/listen.html

leo

tommclaughlan

Postby tommclaughlan » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:30 pm UTC

http://onehundredmiles.co.uk/blog/?page_id=18 is my website. Some acoustic singy songs on there, very lofi.
Some electronica on there too.
Take your pick.

greeniguana00

Postby greeniguana00 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:56 am UTC

espire wrote:Here is an idea that I've had floating around for a while, and didn't really show to anybody. It's not at all meant to be a full song right now, just a sketch. The most important part is the actual composition. Do you guys think that I should continue working on this tune? Any other suggestions about it are welcome too :)

That's actually really good. Now what you need to do is record it with actual instruments. I can think up vocals for this really easily to go on top of this, so you've really done a good job with the composing aspect.
Goodnight, g♥♥dnight! There's something magnificent about good night with two disemboweled hearts in it, or at least it seems that way when you're so happy.

enk

Postby enk » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:17 pm UTC

Dark Ragnarok wrote:[Dark] Ragnarok's Matriculated Mix
Duration: (51:22) 192Bit Rate [70.5 MB]

Tracklisting:

01. Meglomaniac - KMFDM
02. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (Deadmau 5 Remix) - Daft Punk
03. Lollercoaster (Deadmau 5 Outright Hilarious Mix) - BSOD
04. Community Funk (Deadmau 5 Remix) - Burufunk & Carbon Community
05. Breathe (Elite Force Remix) - Rogue Element
06. The Scream - Matteo DiMarr
07. Run (Tom Real Remix) - Strider
08. Window Licker (Kriece Remix) - Aphex Twin
09. In A State (Meat Katie vs Elite Force Mix) - U.N.K.L.E.
10. You (Elite Force Remix) - Elite Force
11. Nutron - Meat Katie & Elite Force

I likes it..!

There seems to be a shift in style. The first half is very electro and a good deal acidic, even to the point of being abrasive. Then after 0:32 the general texture becomes more sustained and relaxed. Is this intended? It's not bad, it just struck me as odd.

Oh, and that Daft Punk remix is killer.
phlip wrote:Ha HA! Recycled emacs jokes.

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:25 am UTC

It's actually a part of the song itself. I actually didn't change anything at all. :P

Glad you are enjoying :D. If you go to the thread labeled "Some Mixes" in this forum, you'll see the other work I have if you are interest :D. Thank you though. ^^;

Ashbash

Postby Ashbash » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:32 am UTC

Hey all! my four piece jazz band recorded an album of a few songs, which you can download here, if you want.

http://www.mediafire.com/?deatpyjehb2

or, if you can't be arsed, our myspace is http://www.myspace.com/threetontare

(Track list - Composer)
1. Intro / Run for Cover - Marcus Miller
2. Footprints - Wayne Shorter
3. On Green Dolphin Street - Bronislaw Kaper
4. My Funny Valentine - Rodgers/Hart
5. Mercy, Mercy, Mercy - Joe Zawinul
6. In Memory of Elizabeth Reed - Dickey Betts
7. St. Thomas - Sonny Rollins

c_olin wrote:I write music in my spare time... here it is

http://myspace.com/hectmusic

dude, that's a really nice drum beat you've got going on "ko"

enk

Postby enk » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:51 am UTC

enk wrote:There seems to be a shift in style. The first half is very electro and a good deal acidic, even to the point of being abrasive. Then after 0:32 the general texture becomes more sustained and relaxed. Is this intended? It's not bad, it just struck me as odd.

Dark Ragnarok wrote:It's actually a part of the song itself. I actually didn't change anything at all. :P

I meant 32 minutes. The first three fifths of the mix are different from the last two. I might have expected some kind of buildup to get back to the staccato electro style ind the end.

I'll check out some of your other mixes when I find some more time :)

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:46 am UTC

enk wrote:
enk wrote:There seems to be a shift in style. The first half is very electro and a good deal acidic, even to the point of being abrasive. Then after 0:32 the general texture becomes more sustained and relaxed. Is this intended? It's not bad, it just struck me as odd.

Dark Ragnarok wrote:It's actually a part of the song itself. I actually didn't change anything at all. :P

I meant 32 minutes. The first three fifths of the mix are different from the last two. I might have expected some kind of buildup to get back to the staccato electro style ind the end.

I'll check out some of your other mixes when I find some more time :)

Ah yes it is different. But I felt it fit. The first 3/5ths are like... good warm stuff, where I started to change direction to build for something a little deeper more than chill. The whole mix was supposed to be electric overall more so than sticking to one genre. Hence... Matriculated.

Edit: Well hey if you enjoyed that stuff I brought more. This time it's entirely consistent music. I think it came out well Enjoy! : D Linkage!

greeniguana00

Just Recorded Something

Postby greeniguana00 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:01 am UTC

I have been recording for a time, but never with a microphone (only via cable for guitar and MIDI for keyboard). In other words, I was never able to record vocals. While these recordings were sometimes nice, and people on freesound.org enjoyed some of my short riffs, I never actually recorded anything that one could consider a "song". Basically, I was either recording short little riffs I came up with, soloing over interesting progressions, or just improvising for 40 minutes, but never putting it all together and making a song that anyone might actually listen to.

I have a camcorder-type thing that has a function of recording voice, and up to this point, I had considered it too poor quality to be of any use. Then I realized that in fact it was clipping all the time (because I was under the assumption you would talk right into it), and that by simply moving it farther away from the sound source, it was decent. Not great or even good, but decent enough that I could record a song. So, after a couple failed attempts at coming up with something to record, I decided to take a poem I had written and turn it into a song. I decided to do something I had never done before: place vocals at the forefront. I think it turned out pretty nice (or at least somewhat nice), so I thought I'd share it with you all.

Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?zug4zgxxywt

Here are the lyrics:
The light in your eyes
is brighter than others.
The dark of your gaze
is delightful.

The wit in your voice
when you tell me that I'm wrong:
it's neither harshly done
nor insightful.

The world at your fingertips
you seem so confused
a hunger, repulsion
your mind is reclused

We help ourselves up
and you push me away
but your hand is outstretched
so I ask if we may

meet for tea some day
if that's not to weird
and you think it's okay

I'll talk to you then
if the time comes around
your window is open
just wait for the sound

(yes, "reclused" is not really a word, but it fit so well!)

P.S. The vocals suck. I'm not used to singing.
Goodnight, g♥♥dnight! There's something magnificent about good night with two disemboweled hearts in it, or at least it seems that way when you're so happy.

Clumpy

Re: Just Recorded Something

Postby Clumpy » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:19 am UTC

Pachelbel's ballad :D ? Not bad, but you and I both have to work on keeping in time while singing. Maybe record the vocals separately?

greeniguana00

Re: Just Recorded Something

Postby greeniguana00 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:50 pm UTC

Okay, I just recorded something (without vocals, thank god) with a radio shack microphone I purchased. I just threw together a bunch of different riffs (with the order improvised) and improvised completely for about 1/3 of it: http://www.switchpod.com//users/greeniguana00/Untitled23Rendered.mp3

Personally, I think it sounds very nice!

The Rumpled Academic

The Parking Lot Experiments

Postby The Rumpled Academic » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:56 pm UTC

If you'd like to lend me your ear (though one'll do) for a minute, here is the band I'm in with my brother and a friend:
http://www.myspace.com/theparkinglotexperiments
Because the Parking Lot Experiments is essentially the term we use to label everything musical that both me and my brother produce, and because we both dig a quite wide variety of music, the band's 'genre' is kind of all over the place. We flit from delicate singalongs to kick-you-in-the-face electro-punk, from layered indie-rock to wierd old noise-folk - sometimes, if you're lucky and we're feeling particularly incongruous, all in the same song. The songs up on the myspace don't quite reflect where we're really at (2 of them, in particular, are aaaancient), but still ~ if anyone wants to listen to us, in any capacity, I'll never argue. :mrgreen:
We're currently (and secretly, and laboriously) recording an album.
Last edited by The Rumpled Academic on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:48 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

greeniguana00

Re: Post your own music! Plu~!

Postby greeniguana00 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:02 pm UTC

I hate to be completely hypocritical, but a thread already exists: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=13728

Also, I don't personally like the idea of a consolidated thread. It might make it easier for people to find, but I feel that it takes out any individuality that an artist might have. In other words, if there is just a long list of links to music for people to click, it feels like the identity of the individual artists is being ignored.

The Rumpled Academic

Re: Post your own music! Plu~!

Postby The Rumpled Academic » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:40 pm UTC

I guess I'm just on the other end of the personality-spectrum with regard to this, because I personally am not too comfortable making a thread solely about my music ~ I prefer a spirit of sharing to one of exclusivity, y'know? I've been a member of one or two other forums where there's been one big own-music-sharing thread, and they've all worked really well. It's wierd that this one seems to languish so.

Remember, kids: listening to people's music on myspace is worth (by most international standards) half a brownie point!
http://www.myspace.com/theparkinglotexperiments

alanzo

Postby alanzo » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:46 pm UTC

ArchAngel1024

Postby ArchAngel1024 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:00 pm UTC

<Sk8t> dude, Life is the hardest MMORPG out there, but don't quit, as you won't get to make another character

In IRC I'm Ace_of_Knaves now

greeniguana00

Postby greeniguana00 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:02 am UTC

I am an idiot for posting this, because I know someone I know is going to find it and taunt me for the rest of my life for it, but here goes:

http://la.gg/upl/iloveyou.mp3

I recorded this with three tracks. The first one was something simple I had planned out on guitar. The second was improvisation on guitar over it. The third, which I am utterly ashamed of, was me singing the words "I love you" in perhaps the creepiest way possible over the whole thing.

Let me know what you think. I haven't really done anything this... emotional before.

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:27 am UTC

Man. Not bad. Not bad at all. Props

greeniguana00 wrote:I am an idiot for posting this, because I know someone I know is going to find it and taunt me for the rest of my life for it, but here goes:

http://la.gg/upl/iloveyou.mp3

I recorded this with three tracks. The first one was something simple I had planned out on guitar. The second was improvisation on guitar over it. The third, which I am utterly ashamed of, was me singing the words "I love you" in perhaps the creepiest way possible over the whole thing.

Let me know what you think. I haven't really done anything this... emotional before.

Damn man. I felt the emotion a lot. it needs touch up for feeling a little more professional but I very much like this. You got talent. Just needs a bit more practice. Props :D

SirMustapha

Postby SirMustapha » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:08 pm UTC

Well, since the thread is asking for it, here's the album I "released" on the 'tubes last year:

Big Robot, Little Robot

It's entirely, strictly instrumental, written and recorded on the computer without any live playing whatsoever, and the styles range from waltz to samba and from march to electronica and whatever else I could sink my teeth on. Before you listen to the first track, please turn the volume down (the loud noise actually segues from the end of the last track, so it only makes sense if you play it on repeat).

TheAmazingRando

Postby TheAmazingRando » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:03 am UTC

I recorded another song, which I'm happy with, and which is basically unlike anything I've written before. Just vocals and acoustic guitar.
Empty Spaces
It's only about three minutes long.

Chase Watkins

Postby Chase Watkins » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:36 pm UTC

Rondo, I rather liked your song, though I'm rarely a fan of thet style of music. It was the worrds that got to me. Recently a friend of mine and I decided that this generation of aspiring poets use simple chord progressions as their parchment and their voice as their quill.
However I am a bigger fan of music than lyrics (don't get me wrong, I love poetry) and I recently did an instrumental:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVpHJleSoxY&feature=email
If this looks familiar (http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=26067) , sorry, I just want to get as much input on the song as I can before I try to change it too much.

Edit: Holy crap, Mustapha, I'm only on track three, and I know for sure this wont be the last time I listen to Robots of Varying sizes. I've never heard anything like the song noisy. It's like you took the scales that every musician hates to use because they sound off and are so hard to use and you perfected it. Or you took a normal scale and did very unusual jumps between notes, either way- bravo!
Edit #2: Messy reminds me of Ummaguma, from early Pink Floyd (I still havent listened to the whole thing so I may just keep editing)

Blokey

Postby Blokey » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:35 am UTC

Chase, I dug that. Be tighter if you were doing it to a bass line or backing track, but I get that you were just trying to capture what was in your mind. It's good and coherent nonetheless. Some really nice moments. I look forward to hearing a full polished version at some point. Keep it up, dude.

And holy crap indeed, Mustapha. I agree fully with Chase on 'Noisy'. It's exactly the right amount of dissonance and unusual intervals at exactly the right places. I am seriously fucking impressed. And will likely work some of that stuff out, I have a feeling it'll teach me a thing or twelve about harmony and tonality.
Your stuff's like it's different kinds of golden-era videogame music that suddenly took one hit of acid too much and takes you somewhere that's scary and unusual at first and then becomes bewilderingly enchanting. Major kudos, sir.
Only the tone of your own inner monologue separates a reading of superciliousness or philanthropy - Felstaff

SirMustapha

Postby SirMustapha » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:51 pm UTC

Wow, what an awesome chunk of positive feedback. I'm really quite humbled :). I have to say, though, that I think there really is no theoretic explanation to why it sounds like that. It was really mostly about getting the stuff that sounds "right", whether it's by inspiration or by trial-and-error. I try to be spontaneous - if it doesn't work, I try again. I'm still glad about the feedback, because Noisy really put a strain on my limited skills in production and composition. I'm glad it worked. :)

And I definitely need to catch up with what's been posted here. I'll take my time when I'm home and idle.

TheAmazingRando

Postby TheAmazingRando » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:37 am UTC

I uploaded a couple songs I recorded before to go along with the song I wrote the other night, sort of making it into an EP. It gets a lot noisier as the songs progress, and I don't really care much for my singing in the second song (which is a cover, but one which I took a lot of liberties with).
Orphaned (because all EPs need names)

enk

Postby enk » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:48 am UTC

@ Big Robot, Little Robot. Pretty entertaining :) Sounds mechanical from time to time, but I guess one could argue that it's just robotic.

I would also like to toot my own horn:

An ethereal breakbeat track I did for a remix competition a while back. Listen to Kontoret Lukker Nu (Ablaze remix) from my page: http://ablaze.mymusic.dk/ (yes, it's in Danish - just click the little speaker icon)

Blokey

Postby Blokey » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:44 am UTC

Something in a 70's-kinda-rock vein I did a year and a bit back and half-forgot about 'till recently. Did it for shiggles, just to see if I could make something coherent and un-noodley. And 'cause a friend hooked me up with a sweet-ass audio editing kit. I kinda went nuts with the whole thing, chucking in whatever I could think of, and dicking around with panning and reversed guitars, and all sorts of fun stuff. It's not really meandering, it's got verse/chorus/bridge and all that, and it's not entirely indulgent. Some of it is kinda nice. Oh, there's no drums 'cause I couldn't be arsed with that, but it holds together pretty well otherwise. And it was recorded real quiet, so it may need a boost.

Original title was Justify My Childhood, 'cause at the time I was hyper-critical enough of it that it just sounded like the musical equivalent of my jumping on the couch going 'look what i've thrown in! pay attention to me!' but I didn't want the title to be mistaken as having an emo edge to it, so now it's just Inapropriately titled instrumental #1. I was thinking of making the sub-title Antelope Blowjob, 'cause hey, that's the most inappropriate title I can think of right now.

Anyway, yeah.
Only the tone of your own inner monologue separates a reading of superciliousness or philanthropy - Felstaff

Bear Police

Postby Bear Police » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:47 pm UTC

lnev

Postby lnev » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:57 pm UTC

Hi,

I've uploaded 4 new remixes!

You can play the songs online and/or download them:
http://www.nevilo.com/content/listen.html

Leo
http://myspace.com/nevilo

armandtanzarian

Postby armandtanzarian » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:56 am UTC

I made stuff some time ago, I hope I can do it again someday, but yeah.

http://www.myspace.com/armandtanzarian

It has a really post-rocky feel to it if you ask me.

As a side note, the songs do tend to be long-ish. And totally instrumental.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:05 am UTC

I agree with the people on Big Robot Little Robot. I usually cannot take blatantly electronic things in large doses, but I did enjoy it, especially Noisy (which sounds a lot like things people are doing in tweed jackets at the university where they teach classical musicians what a computer is).
I can dig Chase's stuff, although it's not my immediate preferred style.
Armand - as a performer somewhat skewed to the vocal side of music, the thing that comes to mind is what you could perhaps do with lyrics on top. From an artistic point of view, the possibilities, man. The possibilities. (From a businesslike standpoint, well...)

Here's the myspace page. Ten points if you guess my political views. (Apologies for the quality of the sound - this was before I learned how to mix things properly...)
More music would be on the Facebook or last.fm pages.
The relative absence of political stuff here denotes the fact that I'm trying to split the two facets and rename one or the other.

Return to “Music”