And Suddenly, Out of Nowhere...

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Bisyss

And Suddenly, Out of Nowhere...

Postby Bisyss » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:47 am UTC

A new NIN album appears!

You can either get the first volume of four (around 9 tracks) for free or all buy all four volumes (36 tracks), either as a $5 download, $10 2CD set or a $75 Deluxe Package.

Reznor's even put the first part onto The Pirate Bay!
william wrote:Hamlet's problem is that Scar caused the stampede that killed his father.

socynicalsohip

Re: And Suddenly, Out of Nowhere...

Postby socynicalsohip » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:19 am UTC

I think it's great to see an aritist embracing online distribution seriously. [And not in a fake Radiohead "online for five seconds at a shit bitrate" way].

Kudos
It's ok I wasn't using my civil liberties anyhow...

Subscribe to my Choon-cast at http://whoheshouldbe.libsyn.com/rss

TheAmazingRando

Postby TheAmazingRando » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:53 pm UTC

The In Rainbows download was online for two months, and while 160 kbps isn't very hight quality, it isn't absolutely terrible either. In any case, it's the default rate that iTunes rips CDs at, so most non-audiophiles probably wouldn't get anything better if they bought the CD and ripped it anyway.

I'm interested in hearing this. I liked what I heard of Year Zero.

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:00 pm UTC

I'v'e signed up three times, with three addresses, and all I've downloaded is a corrupt zip file with a size 0 cover image in it. When they fix the downloads, I'll try again again again again...

no-genius
Seemed like a good idea at the time

Postby no-genius » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:12 pm UTC

Can't even get the site :(
I don't sing, I just shout. All. On. One. Note.
Official ironmen you are free, champions officially

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:Why? It does nothing to address dance music's core problem: the fact that it sucks.

Zug-Zug

Postby Zug-Zug » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:38 pm UTC

Thanks for the Pirate-Bay link, downloading now.
I hope it'll be a quick dl, seems like alot of seeders/peers are active! :)

INRI

Postby INRI » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:10 pm UTC

The NINternet has been fixed now, and should work, apparently.
I paid the $5 for the download, and I'll no doubt get the $70 set when I get my shit together.
It's just a shame every press hack and their mother will compare this to Radiohead for the way it was released and not the music... Despite Trent talking about something like this for years.

About the actual music: It's fantastic. 36 [!!!, Most bands don't even release that many songs in 3 albums, let alone one] weird as hell, noisy AND quiet, experimental to the point of normal, instrumentals, teeming with random. I suppose you could define it as the chaos theory in musical form. There's also some great visual accompaniment with it, which is pretty normal for the 'Nails. It'll split opinions, no doubt, and it's totally different to anything I've ever heard, atleast. I'd recommend everyone paying the $5 [Which is what... £2.5-something. It's really not a lot, and this is a student talking here!] to hear this, even if just to support someone who's thinking outside the god-damn box instead of the hoards of bullshit on the radio/tv these days.

daydalus

Postby daydalus » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:14 pm UTC

Get it from Amazon if you're having trouble with the NIN site, the dl client even seamlessly integrates with iTunes!

Loving the record, seriously his best work since Fragile. With Teeth and Year Zero sounded pretty commercial, almost poppy in parts, this goes back to the core of his dark ambient, industrial style.

Fave tracks so far:
3, 12, 24, 32

Return to “Music”