Death Metal

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

PhatPhungus

Death Metal

Postby PhatPhungus » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:34 am UTC

Upon being introduced to Opeth, I quickly became a ridiculous fanboy. Their music carries so much emotion, their transitions are so good, its so musically interesting, growls are so powerful.....

This led me to believe that death metal itself was an awesome genre. Upon further examination, death metal as a whole is a really crappy genre. Other than Opeth, I listen to a little bit of Death, but other than that, nothing really works for me. Black metal and bands like Bloodbath are fun to laugh at, but pounding drums on top of distorted guitars with distorted (not electronically) vocals becomes a bit too much after the first 10 minutes. Also, death metal generally sounds completely the same, more so than most other genres.

Maybe it's just that I'm into crossover genres. In any case, I should probably look into this "melodic death metal" stuff. Maybe it's more my thing.

Thoughts on death metal? Suggestions of music? Commentary on my musical taste or lack thereof?

Cathode Ray Sunshine

Re: Death Metal

Postby Cathode Ray Sunshine » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:57 pm UTC

Opeth isn't really Death Metal. It's more Progressive with harsh vocals. But anyway Death Metal is awesome. Bloodbath's new album is amazing but if you don't like them I don't see it doing wonders for you. You might want to check out Morbid Angel, especially the first four albums. Death is also another great band. You might also like the first Deicide albums. But definitely check Morbid Angel, if you don't like those guys then it's safe to say that you probably will not like other DM bands. There's also Edge of Sanity, they were a Progressive Death Metal band, and their frontman Dan Swano is a genius. You might have a shot at liking that more than the other bands.

As for Melodic Death Metal, check out Dark Tranquillity. Probably my favorite band and they're really good. Here are some songs :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isSzI32ch5E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z-FFVMruUE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhnDHC8Iwbk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnqtVPH-Z7U&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y7D40SJt3o&feature=related

After that, well you could check out the first In Flames albums, though personally I never cared all that much for them.

1337geek

Postby 1337geek » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:07 pm UTC

I like metal. But I don't understand how people can like the growling vocals of death metal. Ugh. It turns me off to the whole genre, which is a shame because usually the music itself is really nice.

Although if you want something that'll blow your mind, check out a band called Believer. It's Christian death/thrash metal. The Trilogy of Knowledge on the Dimensions album draws all its lyrics directly from the Bible and even has violin/cello music in there. Crazy stuff.
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together." --Carl Zwanzig

Mysfaktor

Postby Mysfaktor » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:54 pm UTC

A major problem with the genre as a whole is that it is relatively simple to create something that can be classed as death metal. It focuses so much on being heavy and full of energy, that even if you fail at writing a good song, it might still be heavy. So the genre kinda gets flooded with crap and semi-crap. :(

However, there's always some good stuff - you just gotta dig it out. Opeth is already mentioned, (and Mikael Åkerfeldt, singer/guitarist is in Bloodbath too - except one album, I think, where they had Peter Tägtgren from Pain & Hypochrisy) and a few others (albeit less progressive) I found highly enjoyable are Arch Enemy (female-fronted, swedish/german band, great balance between melody & heaviness) and Evocation (also a swedish band, released 2 albums so far, they have a more riff-based approach and the main songwriter is a music teacher.)

The qualities of death metal are not easy to appreciate, but once you know what to look for, you'll be sure to find awesomeness. :)

TheAmazingRando

Postby TheAmazingRando » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:08 pm UTC

Cryptopsy's first album, None So Vile, is one of the only "pure" death metal albums that I enjoy. The rest of their stuff I could take or leave, and their newest album is absolutely terrible, but None So Vile is quite good, and the drumming on the whole thing is absolutely phenomenal.
My favorite track.

Aethernox

Postby Aethernox » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:19 pm UTC

I feel like pointing out that Dan Swano (as mentioned above) produced Orchid and Morningrise, which are rather good, I think. The Twilight is My Robe, To Bid You Farewell, and Black Rose Immortal are especially great.

Mysfaktor

Postby Mysfaktor » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:12 pm UTC

Some song examples from the bands I mentioned in my previous post:

Arch Enemy - Revolution Begins
Great melody, quite cheerful. Almost not even death metal anymore. But I really like it. :)
Arch Enemy - My Apocalypse
Truly an awesome riff, and a less cheerful song overall. A wonderful change of pace around the 2 minute mark.

Evocation - Angel of Torment
Simple, heavy, and really nice. A guest solo provided by the legendary Anders Björler from At The Gates & The Haunted. The video itself is just a few random scenes from the recording of their second album.
Evocation - Silence Sleep
Good riff, but quite bad quality on youtube. Tasty solo! This will also probably be the only time you heard the lyrics "I know that one plus one is two" in a death metal song, ever! :)

A few of my favorites. Not the most brutal death out there, but really good stuff in my opinion. :)

Sea Ferring

Postby Sea Ferring » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:19 am UTC

You have to be in the mood for death metal and you can't take it seriously; then again what genre can you take seriously? The second start taking music seriously is the minute it stops being enjoyable to listen to.

But since you're looking for recommendations try some of this:
Cannibal Corpse- Tomb of the Mutilated
Dekapitator- We Will Destroy... You Will Obey

Avoid new Cannibal Corpse (Post Bloodthirst).

PhatPhungus

Postby PhatPhungus » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:31 am UTC

TheAmazingRando wrote:Cryptopsy's first album, None So Vile, is one of the only "pure" death metal albums that I enjoy. The rest of their stuff I could take or leave, and their newest album is absolutely terrible, but None So Vile is quite good, and the drumming on the whole thing is absolutely phenomenal.
My favorite track.

Wow, that made me laugh. Not because they were bad, but because they were death metal to the point of silliness.

Arch Enemy's riffs sound... too poppy. And simple.
Evocation is too riff based and uncreative.
Cannibal Corpse is fun occasionally, singer's growling style is amusing.

1337geek: I tend to think of the growling as being distorted, like the guitars. It takes some getting used to, but I think it adds a lot.

I do like bloodbath, but I don't take them seriously, and I'm fairly certain they don't take themselves seriously.

Dark Tranquility I like (first time I've listened to them). I like Ensiferum, In Flames and Finntroll too.

Edge of Sanity seems pretty good too.

Aethernox wrote:I feel like pointing out that Dan Swano (as mentioned above) produced Orchid and Morningrise, which are rather good, I think. The Twilight is My Robe, To Bid You Farewell, and Black Rose Immortal are especially great.

Black Rose Immortal is overrated. It's not bad, but it's overrated.

Didn't get a chance to listen to everything, but I have to go now.

I like things with a lot of emotion.... some industrial stuff, some goth stuff and some doomier stuff. Any other suggestions (of death metal bands with possible influences from the aforementioned genres)?

Edit to prevent double post: Aethernox, I'm curious what you think of Watershed.
Last edited by PhatPhungus on Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:48 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

TheAmazingRando

Postby TheAmazingRando » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:26 am UTC

PhatPhungus wrote:Wow, that made me laugh. Not because they were bad, but because they were death metal to the point of silliness.
That's what I love about them. You can tell they don't take themselves seriously at all, they're just having fun.

If it's Death/Doom you're after, look no further than Katatonia's first album, Dance of December Souls (unfortunately, my favorite track, Velvet Thorns, is not online). Actually, you might want to check out their album Brave Murder Day, as well (it has Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth on vocals). Their newer stuff isn't bad, but they've almost completely changed genres.

PhatPhungus

Postby PhatPhungus » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:14 am UTC

I really like Brave Murder Day. Dance of December Souls has growls that are a bit... strange. It's decent, but I like Brave Murder Day more. Thanks for that recommendation though.

Zak

Postby Zak » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:39 am UTC

Hatebeak...

Has a bird for the lead vocalist.
*waggles eyebrows*

Aethernox

Postby Aethernox » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:47 am UTC

Watershed? It's rather decent; in my opinion, quite likely their best album since BWP. Hex Omega, Heir Apparent (saw this live in mid october. was quite the experience), and especially The Lotus Eaters stand out to me more so than the rest of the albums, though I like the entirety of it. Why do you ask?

Edit:
Also, I disagree with your comment regarding Black Rose Immortal. I can't help but think that it's one of the best songs they've released as of yet.

PhatPhungus

Postby PhatPhungus » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:19 am UTC

You mentioned Morningrise and Orchid, so I thought you might be one of the Oldpeth loyalists that dislikes Newpeth. Or just thinks it's mediocre. On the subject of them live, I saw them at the Wiltern in October I think. It was so good. The intensity of Heir Apparent was amazing. Only problems were the sound quality, which could have been a bit better, but wasn't too bad, and the funk part in The Lotus Eater didn't quite mesh together nicely.

Other than that, it destroyed.

Edit:
It's a decent song, but it's a bit pretentious. Moreso than the other songs.

TheAmazingRando

Postby TheAmazingRando » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:48 am UTC

I like just about everything Opeth has released. I don't think they've topped Morningrise or My Arms, Your Hearse, and I didn't care too much for Ghost Reveries (apart from Ghost of Perdition), but I think Watershed was a nice change of pace.

I don't know if Black Rose Immortal is their best song, but it definitely has the most emotional riff they've written (I'm sure you know the one I'm talking about).

Aethernox

Postby Aethernox » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:16 am UTC

No, I'm nothing like that. If anything, I feel that Blackwater Park is far superior to any of their other albums, except for perhaps Morningrise.

I'm rather smitten with Reverie/Harlequin Forest, but agree that Ghost Reveries was somewhat sub-par.

Edit:
As for a suggestion, I'll pass on something pandora gave me on a station primarily seeded with Opeth:
Agalloch

While they aren't Death Metal, they are rather good. The first album of theirs I listened to happened to be Pale Folklore, which I enjoy thoroughly. As Embers Dress the Sky and She Painted Fire Across the Skyline III are personal favorites.
Last edited by Aethernox on Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:33 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

novax6

Postby novax6 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:43 am UTC

some good stuff here in this thread. I absolutely second Agalloch, one of my favorite bands. All 3 of their LPs are brilliant, all for different reasons.

In addition to the bands already mentioned, i'd like to add some bands of a variety of different genres:
-Coroner: Fantastic old school progressive thrash, with tons of diversity between albums. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyBOnfStlIw

-Enslaved: Progressive blackish metal. Hard to describe, but IMO one of the best bands ever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXBWFRY4LUc

-Daylight Dies: progressive doom/death. simply great all around. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGIA6QXkRC0

-Ensiferum: my favorite folk metal band. also see Wintersun, the old singer's new band, for more great stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7btFuLiIBw

-Grand Magus: epic mix of traditional and doom. Their vocalist is fantastic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMYm0DDTZyI

-Slough Feg: also one of the best bands ever. If you don't like them you might need to check your fun drivers. they might need updating. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiHpfugCboI

-Insomnium - excellent melodic death metal. Layered and complex, but totally worth the investment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9QCK6l6gKg

just realized Ensiferum was already mentioned. Too bad. Their awesome enough to get a double mention.
Also Dan Swano is the man. Yes indeed.

TGG

Postby TGG » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:09 am UTC

Re: Death Metal.- I will second the mentioning of Edge Of Sanity as an awesome band (mainly for Crimson I, Crimson II was ridiculous) and will recommend Immolation and Nile as good semi traditional Death Metal. None So Vile is also one of my favourite Death Metal albums ever.

Also: Listen to more Death. You can debate all day about when they stopped being Death Metal as such, but whatever genre they played they were always fucking awesome. Listen to Lack Of Comphrehension on Youtube to see what I mean.

I'll support the Agalloch love here as well all 3 of their full length albums are ridiculously awesome. Fans of their work might like to check out Empyrium as well.

Edit: And Disillusion's first album.
What must be endured, can be endured. -Paul Atreides.

novax6

Postby novax6 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:45 am UTC

TGG wrote:Re: Death Metal.- I will second the mentioning of Edge Of Sanity as an awesome band (mainly for Crimson I, Crimson II was ridiculous)

Whats wrong with Crimson II?? I mean i know he re-used a few of the main riffs from Crimson I but still a great album i thought.

notallama

Postby notallama » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:11 am UTC

ParanoidAndroid

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:26 am UTC

I recently discovered that I do some of my best studying while listening to death metal. I've been listening to a lot of Pavor lately. I love stuff like Nile and Odius Mortem and technical death metal like Death and Atheist.

TGG

Postby TGG » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:19 pm UTC

novax6 wrote:
TGG wrote:Re: Death Metal.- I will second the mentioning of Edge Of Sanity as an awesome band (mainly for Crimson I, Crimson II was ridiculous)

Whats wrong with Crimson II?? I mean i know he re-used a few of the main riffs from Crimson I but still a great album i thought.

I think it lacked atmosphere. Crimson I was dark and brooding as hell whereas II just sounded far too busy, a little up itself and very shiny. I hear that Mr. Swano is pretty respected in prog circles these days, but IMO Crimson II stinks of amateurish and badly done prog.

I'll readily accept that lots of people love the album, however. I tend to judge prog differently to other people. You can fit me into the 'Hates 'Scenes From A Memory'' camp.
What must be endured, can be endured. -Paul Atreides.

notallama

Postby notallama » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:04 am UTC

huh. i just wiki'd dan swano. i had no idea he was involved in so many bands. the only times i heard of him, it was because he's the producer for the project hate.
guess that shows my lack of metal knowledge.

tryptanymph
More metal than thou

Postby tryptanymph » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:10 pm UTC

Over 20 posts, and no mention of Bodom...

YOU SICKEN ME.

Children of Bodom, my favourite Melodic Death Metal band. Musically they are kinda like a mix between thrash and power metal, overlaid with some great harsh vocals. Lots of synths, guitar solos, oddly named songs (Triple Corpse Hammerblow?) and the like.

YOU GO NOW. LISTEN TO THE COB.
phlip wrote:sleepy, the only thing you're worse at is being not awesome.*
*All links to be treated as NFSW.

novax6

Postby novax6 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:33 pm UTC

sleepygamer wrote:Over 20 posts, and no mention of Bodom...

YOU SICKEN ME.

Children of Bodom, my favourite Melodic Death Metal band. Musically they are kinda like a mix between thrash and power metal, overlaid with some great harsh vocals. Lots of synths, guitar solos, oddly named songs (Triple Corpse Hammerblow?) and the like.

YOU GO NOW. LISTEN TO THE COB.

Kalmah >> Children of Bodom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jmj_ochRjk

Qoppa

Postby Qoppa » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:43 pm UTC

CoB is pretty bad... I agree that Kalmah is way better. Actually, since, Kalmah is so bitchin, here's some more of their music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J05m3CaZmZA

And Amon Amarth is awesome melodeath as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhptP8j-t-M

Code: Select all

_=0,w=-1,(*t)(int,int);a()??<char*p="[gd\
~/d~/\\b\x7F\177l*~/~djal{x}h!\005h";(++w
<033)?(putchar((*t)(w??(p:>,w?_:0XD)),a()
):0;%>O(x,l)??<_='['/7;{return!(x%(_-11))
?x??'l:x^(1+ ++l);}??>main(){t=&O;w=a();}

Mevs

Postby Mevs » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:34 pm UTC

Strapping Young Lad are worth a look. Devin Townsend is fantastic.

Torben

Postby Torben » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:47 pm UTC

Mevs wrote:Strapping Young Lad are worth a look.]

Are they classed as death metal? I'm genuinely unsure, I wouldn't say they are myself...
1101010111111110001111001111111 - tell me if you get it...

gaurwraith

Postby gaurwraith » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:58 pm UTC

Check out PORTAL

I've only listened to his first, seepia, but there's another one

http://www.myspace.com/portalxiii
I am a lvl 89 sword barb

Wingman

Postby Wingman » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:06 pm UTC

Qoppa wrote:CoB is pretty bad... I agree that Kalmah is way better. Actually, since, Kalmah is so bitchin, here's some more of their music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J05m3CaZmZA

And Amon Amarth is awesome melodeath as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhptP8j-t-M

I third this. Kalmah is waaaayyyyy better than COB, but don't get me wrong i also like COB. You can also check out Norther if you like this type of music...their just okay.

HexagonalBolts

Postby HexagonalBolts » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:51 pm UTC

Uh, excuse me? Meshuggah is the ultimate band of all heavy music. Their technicality, brilliance and originality outshine every other band mentioned here by a billion miles. And they play that shiz to the same quality live. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4A_tSyJBsRQ

Haha, sorry, I'm in love with them :P

Normally though I would prefer much much heavier bands to the ones posted here, I hate using all the ridiculous names I see thrown around for the genre like 'grindgore' and 'blood pounding slamgroove' and all that kind of rubbish. Bands like Katalepsy or something. which is quite an acquired taste and I know most people aren't into the vocals. (I'm not as obnoxious as I pretended to be with Meshuggah really ;) but they are amazing)
Last edited by HexagonalBolts on Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:20 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Hexagonal bolts to fill my mouth,
Sharpened to deplete the creator of all violence;
Without speech there will be no deceit

Qoppa

Postby Qoppa » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:17 pm UTC

Torben wrote:
Mevs wrote:Strapping Young Lad are worth a look.]

Are they classed as death metal? I'm genuinely unsure, I wouldn't say they are myself...
I don't think they're death metal... Extreme metal that can't really be classified any more specifically?

Code: Select all

_=0,w=-1,(*t)(int,int);a()??<char*p="[gd\
~/d~/\\b\x7F\177l*~/~djal{x}h!\005h";(++w
<033)?(putchar((*t)(w??(p:>,w?_:0XD)),a()
):0;%>O(x,l)??<_='['/7;{return!(x%(_-11))
?x??'l:x^(1+ ++l);}??>main(){t=&O;w=a();}

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:28 pm UTC

HexagonalBolts wrote:Uh, excuse me? Meshuggah is the ultimate band of all heavy music. Their technicality, brilliance and originality outshine every other band mentioned here by a billion miles. And they play that shiz to the same quality live. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4A_tSyJBsRQ

Meshuggah? Good live? I suppose, if you like them. I thought they were pretty shitty when I saw them myself. Didn't notice them bringing anything new to the table.

But this would have been in 2001, so they've (hopefully) improved.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

HexagonalBolts

Postby HexagonalBolts » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:18 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
HexagonalBolts wrote:Uh, excuse me? Meshuggah is the ultimate band of all heavy music. Their technicality, brilliance and originality outshine every other band mentioned here by a billion miles. And they play that shiz to the same quality live. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4A_tSyJBsRQ

Meshuggah? Good live? I suppose, if you like them. I thought they were pretty shitty when I saw them myself. Didn't notice them bringing anything new to the table.

But this would have been in 2001, so they've (hopefully) improved.

Yeah their playing isn't better or anything live, other than for the atmosphere. I just said the same quality as their studio recordings, which it normally is as far as I'm aware? I'm impressed they can play things that complicated on a CD though, let alone to the same standard live (i'm looking at you Dragonforce), so I'm easily pleased. If you actually liked them as musicians, as is fairly crucial to enjoying any live music act, you might of enjoyed it more.

Having said that I was disappointed when I saw them last year in autumn for the short set and lack of variety in their set list (they missed out new millenium cyanide christ?) but one of them was injured, and its probably hard to play for very long if your songs are complicated. Also the warm up act was simply appalling, 'Trigger the Bloodshed'. My friend who's a professional guitarist picked up a couple tiny mistakes, but I and the others I was with otherwise couldn't really fault them for the playing.

I love this video of them live, even if it is terrible quality, the sound is so awesome, maybe even contributed to by the bad quality haha: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_BeaR6sWqTs
Hexagonal bolts to fill my mouth,
Sharpened to deplete the creator of all violence;
Without speech there will be no deceit

viscusanima

Postby viscusanima » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:08 am UTC

Ah, Death Metal, my relationship with thee is strange.

I love some Melodic Death Metal - In Flames is one of my favourite bands, although I find myself more attracted to things with some semi-clean vocals in them. I like chorus sections.

Opeth are an absolutely class act. I only have Damnation, but I've listened to loads of their other stuff, and once you start really listening to it, it's amazing. Only problem is their albums are comparatively expensive when looked at with other CDs.

I'm not sure where one can draw the line between melodeath and metalcore etc, but some stuff with harsh, but not growled, vocals that I quite like includes All That Remains and Lamb of God (whose lyrics are actually discernible - big plus!).

Death metal itself I can take or leave. I don't particularly like stuff like Cannibal Corpse - it's a bit sick, although maybe my sense of humour isn't black enough yet. I tend to like stuff where I don't have to look up the lyrics to every song - one reason why the clean sections of Opeth are nice, because their music is just so beautiful.

novax6

Postby novax6 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:56 am UTC

Meshuggah is great. They really are a love em or hate em band though. I can totally understand someone not liking them though, but they always entertain and fascinate me.
Going to be seeing them with Cynic in a few months in SF. Can't wait.

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am UTC

gojira's just about the best stuff out there. even if their songs aren't about DEATH at all (or at least, not always--they're environmentalist death metal. they have a song called Flying Whales (and it's AWESOME)) but they're still heavy as it gets. well, not as it gets. but beyond that, it sounds pretty silly, i think. but yeah. gojira.
uhhhh fuck.

Grim

Postby Grim » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:27 am UTC

A thread about death metal with no At the Gates?
Blasphemy.

At the Gates' Slaughter of the Soul is an absolutely brilliant album if you like melodic death metal, give it a listen.

scottness

Postby scottness » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:45 am UTC

HexagonalBolts wrote:Uh, excuse me? Meshuggah is the ultimate band of all heavy music. Their technicality, brilliance and originality outshine every other band mentioned here by a billion miles. And they play that shiz to the same quality live.

I was hoping someone was going to mention them. I'm always at a loss of words when it comes to describe them. They're hundreds of years ahead of their time and their music is more like a phenomenon than any specific style. Some of their time signatures are completely original and I don't even know how to describe some of the chord progressions they use.

Lamb of God songs are also good guitar fodder. In Flames have some great all-around songs with an added bonus of being a killer live band.
60% of the time, it works 100% of the time.

iddqd

Postby iddqd » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:57 am UTC

I'm amazed by all the non-DM bands you've managed to squeeze into this thread. CoB? Seriously? And Meshuggah? They're great, but the're not DM.

I like most death metal as long as it's relatively free from melodic crap (Carcass - Swansong is where I draw the line) and deathcore. Mostly brutal death like Devourment, Guttural Secrete etc.

And the mandatory namedropping: Nile, Kaamos, Death, Pessimist, Regurgitate, Degrade, Torture Krypt, Despondency, Inherit Disease, Necrotic Disgorgement, Inhuman Dissiliency, Putrid Pile, Gorgasm, Grave, Entombed, Insidious Decrepancy, Torsofuck, Rompeprop, Mortician, Inhume, Heinous Killings, Atrocious Abnormality, Vulvectomy, Krisiun, Unleashed, Sexcrement, Dying Fetus, Unmerciful, Skinless, Regurgitation, Incantation.... That's enough for now.

Return to “Music”