I wrote some music

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

bbq

I wrote some music

Postby bbq » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:41 pm UTC

So, I'm a bit new here.

And I wrote some music, and I'm finding it a bit hard to find anywhere where I can receive some proper constructive criticism.

Anyways, I was hoping you guys would be so kind as to give it a play for me and tell me what you think. :) It's in an electronica/chillout kind of style, with a bit of a jazz influence. I am not completely new to song writing; I have a basic knowledge of musical theory and I write a bit of classical in my spare time.

http://www.mediafire.com/?s5zm2dd9124
niinn.ininniinniininiini.n.iii...ininiiinnninnin.inn.niniininnnn.

Mere Accumulation Of Observational Evidence Does Not Constitute 'Proof'.

Zealot

Re: I wrote some music

Postby Zealot » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:23 am UTC

Hey, I like it!
I might just put it on my iPod, it sounds like good walking music.

kanavazk

Postby kanavazk » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:17 am UTC

First listen thoughts: The tapping in the back (drums?) kind of ruins it, so try to make it less intrusive. Apart from that, I like how it sounds sort of Debussy-ish, but it sounds too restrained to the main riffy thingy. Good short piece, add a few variations to it and make it last longer, try to add more instruments and I'd recommend to keep the bass more or less in the piece for the whole length. This sounds like a work in progress, so keep working on it until it doesn't. You'll know when.
THIS IS FROM THE INTERENT!

bbq

Postby bbq » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:45 pm UTC

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Yep, it's quite satisfying to listen to whilst walking. However, my headphones don't quite do the bass justice. :roll:

Debussy-like? Well, I'm not too sure of his style, but the melody lines for the keys is made up entirely of whole tones and minor thirds. Yes, the snare drum is slightly intrusive, I'm gonna turn that down if I work on the piece again. For some reason I never have the drive to make pieces like this any longer than 1 or 2 variations, so they all end up about 1 minute long.

Anyways, if you are a piano player or enjoy classical piano, you may enjoy this. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to record the damn piece on an actual piano yet.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rem0d3rzhl4

Return to “Music”