Worst song lyrics

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Plasmic-Turtle

Re: Worst song lyrics

Postby Plasmic-Turtle » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:51 am UTC

Sorroth wrote:"My global position systems are vocally addressed" from Spaceman, by The Killers.
In general, it's not a bad song, but I have no idea how they got away with essentially saying "My GPS has voice recognition" in a song.

Good on them, my be a bit weird... but at least it's interesting? I'd have to say some of Britney's lyrics from "Break the Ice" take the prize for worst lyrics in my mind:

Oooh, looks like we're alone now
You ain't gotta be scared, we're grown now

Ah, yeh... OK...

maycelestia

Postby maycelestia » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:41 am UTC

I've Never Been To Me by Charlene (link complete with midi!) is probably the worst song I have ever heard. From the tortured rhymes to the inspirational lyrics, it's a winner all-round. Though one line makes me wonder:

Charlene wrote:I've been undressed by kings
and I've seen some things
that a woman ain't supposed to see

It even comes with a spoken section that throbs with meaning and experience:

Charlene wrote:Hey, you know what paradise is?
It's a lie, a fantasy we create about people and places as we'd like them to be
But you know what truth is?
It's that little baby you're holding, it's that man you fought with this morning
The same one you're going to make love with tonight
That's truth, that's love......

And in the vein of Muse's articulate lyrics, as mentioned by My Shadow, there's always the Violent Femmes with Dance, Motherfucker, Dance! - the entire content of the song summed up in the title alone.

Spacemilk

Postby Spacemilk » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:19 pm UTC

Anything by the Black Eyed Peas.
Anything by Britney Spears.

But my all-time-favorite-throw-up-in-my-mouth-a-little:

the song where they sing "she had dumps like a truck, truck, truck"

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

I don't even know the name of that song, or who wrote it, but I hope they go to Hell and have dumps like a truck until the end of time, and we'll see how they like it.
milk from space is good for you!

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:34 pm UTC

Spacemilk wrote:But my all-time-favorite-throw-up-in-my-mouth-a-little:

the song where they sing "she had dumps like a truck, truck, truck"

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

I don't even know the name of that song, or who wrote it, but I hope they go to Hell and have dumps like a truck until the end of time, and we'll see how they like it.

That would be the Thong Song by Sisqo. An artist that sticks out in my mind only because every time I heard his name, I though of a different Sisko... which would have probably resulted in better music.

Anyway, let's take a gander at the lyrics, shall we?
Spoiler:
This thing right here
Is lettin all the ladies know
What guys talk about
You know
The finer things in life
Hahaha
Check it out

Ooh dat dress so scandalous
And ya know another nigga couldn't handle it
See ya shakin that thang like who's da ish
With a look in ya eye so devilish

Uh
Ya like to dance at all the hip hop spots
And ya cruise to the crews like connect da dots
Not just urban she likes the pop
Cuz she was livin la vida loca

[BRIDGE]
She had dumps like a truck truck truck
Thighs like what what what
Baby move your butt butt butt
Uh
I think to sing it again
All night long
Let me see that thong

[CHORUS]
I like it when the beat goes da na da na
Baby make your booty go da na da na
Girl I know you wanna show da na da na
That thong th thong thong thong
I like it when the beat goes da na da na
Baby make your booty go da na da na
Girl I know you wanna show da na da na
That thong th thong thong thong

That girl so scandalous
And I know another nigga couldn't handle it
And she shakin that thang like who's da ish
With a look in her eye so devilish

Uh
She like to dance at all the hip hop spots
And she cruise to the crews like connect da dots
Not just urban she likes the pop

[BRIDGE]

[CHORUS (2x)]

Whoaaa
That dress so scandalous
And I swear another nigga couldn't handle it
See ya shakin that thang like who's da ish
With a look in her eye so devilish

(Whoa)
Uh ya like to dance at all the hip hop spots
And ya cruise to the crews like connect da dots
Not just urban ya like the pop

(Whoa)
(Ooh)
Uh think to sing it again
Cuz she had dumps like a truck truck truck
Uh think to sing it again
Come on
Come on
Come on
Come on

Yeahhhh yeah

[CHORUS (3x)]

Whoa
Uh alright
Uh whoa yeah
Ooh
Whoa
(Like it when the beat goes da na da na)
(Baby make your booty go da na da na)
(Girl I know you wanna show da na da na)
Baby
(That thong th thong thong thong)

(I like it when the beat goes da na da na)
(Baby make your booty go da na da na)
(Girl I know you wanna show da na da na)
(That thong th thong thong thong)

... Yeah, they don't get better taken as a whole.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Spacemilk

Postby Spacemilk » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:55 pm UTC

I read all the lyrics. :( I am a worse person for it. But here is my question: Ok I understand that he likes her butt. A lot. But why are her dumps important? Why do you like that they are massive? Why was this song popular - does our society seriously like women who can fill a toilet really well, and I'm just a minority when I say that's disgusting?

Please someone explain this to me :(

Edit: I found another one - Radio by Beyonce. She's in love with her radio, because it doesn't let her down. I feel the same way! I would love my toaster but it still occasionally burns my toast. Ahh, star crossed love . . .

Gentlelady

Postby Gentlelady » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:48 pm UTC

No Time by Lil' Kim

Spoiler:
You da best, Da Da
Now watch mama, go up and down dick to jaw crazy
Uhh! Say my name baby
Before you nut, I'ma dribble down your butt cheeks
Make you wiggle, then giggle just a little
I'm drinkin babies, then I cracks for the Mercedes
Act shady, and feel my three-eighty
or the raven, oohwee I see
Your girl ain't a "Freak Like Me", or Adina
Huh, can't fade the rhinoceros of rap

I lose twenty brain cells every time I read this.
d33p wrote:And Karma rode upon a pale horse, and GentleLady followed behind.
sleepygamer wrote:Once you go sleepy you never go backy.

year in the sun

Postby year in the sun » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:17 am UTC

there's a dan hill song that i just can't stand. unfortunately it's the one they always bloody play. even the title is hard to type out. . . it's really near the top of my list of all-time awful. pompous, self-aggrandizing, self-indulgent, whiny, pseudo-profound dreck. man, is that ever a relationship headed for therapy.

i've linked to the lyrics http://www.romantic-lyrics.com/ls64.shtml

edit: and you know what? i don't like that john lennon song 'imagine' either.
man susan,
die meeste mense is maar lekker zef

- valiant swart, lekker zef

smw543

Postby smw543 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:17 am UTC

year in the sun wrote:there's a dan hill song that i just can't stand. unfortunately it's the one they always bloody play. even the title is hard to type out. . . it's really near the top of my list of all-time awful. pompous, self-aggrandizing, self-indulgent, whiny, pseudo-profound dreck. man, is that ever a relationship headed for therapy.

i've linked to the lyrics http://www.romantic-lyrics.com/ls64.shtml

edit: and you know what? i don't like that john lennon song 'imagine' either.
THANK YOU! It's so great to hear a woman (IIRC) say that. Whenever I groan at that song, I'm accused of trying to look like a macho man. Never mind that I write poetry, I'm obviously obsessed with maintaining my tough guy image.
A sentimental pile of goo wrote:And sometimes when we touch
The honesty's too much
And I have to close my eyes and hide
I wanna hold you til I die
Til we both break down and cry
I wanna hold you till the fear in me subsides
A sentimental pile of goo also wrote:At times I'd like to break you
And drive you to your knees
:shock:
... kinky(?)
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Now you know the difference between funny and sad.
Ubik wrote:But I'm too fond of the penis to let it go.
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

1337geek

Postby 1337geek » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:30 pm UTC

That song isn't actually bad, it's just sappy. Kinda like Barry Manilow, who incidentally, did a cover of that song.
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together." --Carl Zwanzig

the_bandersnatch
Actually not so frumious.
Location: on a bed in a room inside a TV in a hotel room in a hotel on a Monopoly board

Postby the_bandersnatch » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:04 am UTC

Various Varieties wrote:Your annotations reminded me of Jarvis Cocker's commentary on "You're Beautiful", which I think I linked to in the recent "lyrics or music?" thread...

Jarvis there mentions my personal favourites for worse lyric contenders (also voted worst pop lyric ever by listeners of BBC Radio 6): Life, by Des'ree. Lyrics include:

"I don't want to see a ghost
It's a sight that I fear most
I'd rather have a piece of toast"

Though if anything, I think this thread proves you can't nominate just one artist or song for worst ever lyrics, since there's so many equally awful ones out there.
In girum imus nocte, et consumimur igni

year in the sun

Postby year in the sun » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:06 am UTC

1337geek wrote:That song isn't actually bad, it's just sappy.

i'm not getting your point. sappy is bad. and that song is inexcusable.

smw543 wrote: THANK YOU! It's so great to hear a woman (IIRC) say that. Whenever I groan at that song, I'm accused of trying to look like a macho man. Never mind that I write poetry, I'm obviously obsessed with maintaining my tough guy image.

yrc :D i'm assuming it's women doing the accusing at you? i can think of quite a few men who'd object to my nausea. it 'speaks their deepest feelings' for them or something. i just don't want to know.
man susan,

smw543

Postby smw543 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:30 am UTC

ramseylions19 wrote:miscellaneous snarky comments

Based on your comment regarding MacArthur Park, it is painfully obvious that you don't know what symbolism is and wouldn't recognize good lyrics if they smacked you in the face. Also, Harris didn't write it, Jimmy Webb did. (You know, Jimmy Webb, one of the most famous songwriters of all time.) I'm inclined to think people only made fun of this song because Richard Harris sang it in such a goofy manner.

Additionally, there was nothing wrong with that Vanilla Ice lyric, and if you ever insult Devo again, I will find you.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Now you know the difference between funny and sad.
Ubik wrote:But I'm too fond of the penis to let it go.
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

Chfan

Postby Chfan » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:37 am UTC

[whiny voice]

But Vanilla Ice suuuucks!

[/whiny voice]
Just FYI, the guy isn't avatar isn't me. But he seems pretty cool.

DSenette

Postby DSenette » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:15 pm UTC

(You know, Jimmy Webb, one of the most famous songwriters of all time.)
my grandmother was one of the best cooks on the planet....but sometimes she cooked stuff that tasted like crap
The Righteous Hand Of Retribution
"The evaporation of 4 million who believe this crap would leave the world an instantly better place." ~Andre Codresu (re: "the Rapture")

ParanoidAndroid

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:30 pm UTC

ramseylions19 wrote:1. "So let 'em know your name/ There's no limitations on imagination/ Imaginate" - "Imaginate" by Hannah Montana

While this may not be the crowning glory of this sensation's worst lyrics, it does get bonus points for using a non-existent word.

Simply reading this caused me actual physical pain.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:31 pm UTC

ramseylions19 wrote:2. "All of the boys and all of the girls are begging to if you seek Amy" - "If You Seek Amy" by Britney Spears
As clever as it sounds when she sings it, that sentence does not make sense in any way.
What, that she's using word play to suggest that everyone wants to fuck her? See, I actually find that somewhat clever, narcissism aside.

9. "New Kids on the Block had a bunch of hits/ Chinese food makes me sick" - "Summer Girls" by L.F.O.

While rhyming can be used to enhance a song, L.F.O. just uses it to prove a basic mastery of the English language.
While not clever, I thought the chorus was nothing but a bunch of non sequiturs to fill space and provide a particular sound - much like the lyrics of the Deaftones seem to do.

4. "You will never live it down/ Unless you whip it/ No one gets away/ Until they whip it" - "Whip it" by Devo

The phrase "whip it" has never been said more than in this song and, quite possibly, will never be said that much again (unless, of course, the '80s make a comeback).
So... while I'm not saying Devo is quite on his level... do you look at Picasso's work and bitch that he can't seem to paint a person with their features in the right place?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Spacemilk

Postby Spacemilk » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:01 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
ramseylions19 wrote:2. "All of the boys and all of the girls are begging to if you seek Amy" - "If You Seek Amy" by Britney Spears
As clever as it sounds when she sings it, that sentence does not make sense in any way.
What, that she's using word play to suggest that everyone wants to fuck her? See, I actually find that somewhat clever, narcissism aside.

I seriously thought that song was nonsense until I read your comment; then my curiosity was too much so I google'd it (yeah, I know, laugh at me, you SAID it in your comment but I STILL didn't get it). For everyone who didn't get it (which might not be many people), the idea is that "if u seek amy" is supposed to sound like "f u c k me" (you sound out the letters). God, it all makes a terrible amount of sense now. That doesn't make the song any better though; the part where she sounds like a horse as she sings "ha ha he he ho ho" in order to head into the chorus AND rhyme with "go" makes me sick to my stomach.

Plasmic-Turtle

Postby Plasmic-Turtle » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:34 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:

I'd think it clever if the word play actually made any sense, grammatical or otherwise. Yes, "if you seek Amy" sounds like "F-U-C-K me". But it's just not clever nor funny because it makes no sense! "all of the boys and all of the girls are begging to if you seek Amy". They're begging to do WHAT if you seek Amy? The lyrics beforehand provide no clue: "love me, hate me, say what you want about me but.."
It's like, they got as far as being able to figure a way to say F-U-C-K me with innocent sounding words, but never extended this any step further.
Oooh, and I totally agree with Spacemilk about that "ha ha he he ha ha ho" bit.

Wow, I feel rather hypocritical considering I dance with the girls to Britney when we're drinking and kind of um, have some of her songs on a CD and all. But I've never pretended her music was actually good, it's just fun to dance to when you're getting drunk and prepping yourselves for a night on the town.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:40 pm UTC

They're begging to accidentally 93MB of .rar files, obviously.

L33tsaber

Postby L33tsaber » Sun May 03, 2009 12:50 am UTC

Our current age's horrid mainstream offerings aside, I nominate Mr. McFeely's "The Death of Optimus Prime". It's terrible, yet so catchy that it becomes endearing. The chorus goes something to the order of "And though Megatron has killed you/We'll continue, we'll continue/We the Autobots do thank you/And we will miss you, we will miss you..."

The verses are even cheesier than the chorus, but there are a few things I can't spell well enough to type out the whole thing (what with me actually not being all that familiar with Transformers).

Plasmic-Turtle

Postby Plasmic-Turtle » Sun May 03, 2009 6:22 am UTC

Eergh, speaking of catchy (as in this is goddamn awful but it won't get out of my head) as well as terrible lyrics, I'll put in a vote for Lulu's "I'm a Tiger". The video is best to experience the true awfulness of the song, but click on the link at your own risk - you may want to shoot yourself after seeing/hearing it.

aaron

Postby aaron » Mon May 04, 2009 7:51 pm UTC

KyosukeMonet wrote:Worst song lyrics ever by a japanese band by the name of barbatos

Dick is fucking big
Pussy is fucking tight
Anal fuck is waiting
Big dick's might

Dick is fucking big
Fuck off shaving pussy

Put it in bitch mouth
It will makes you to ill
Sexual metal holocaust will
Crush poser gay!

Dick is fucking big
Fuck off shaving pussy

I will please entry anus
Oh my god! Give me spicy pussy
Pussy is good smell
Shit is bad smell

Dick is fucking big
Fuck off shaving pussy

this is probably the best thing i've ever read. bolded my favorite lines.

year in the sun

Postby year in the sun » Tue May 05, 2009 5:47 pm UTC

Plasmic-Turtle wrote:Eergh, speaking of catchy (as in this is goddamn awful but it won't get out of my head) as well as terrible lyrics, I'll put in a vote for Lulu's "I'm a Tiger". The video is best to experience the true awfulness of the song, but click on the link at your own risk - you may want to shoot yourself after seeing/hearing it.

thanks. i made it halfway through and now i know nothing worse can happen to me for the rest of the day.
man susan,

Plasmic-Turtle

Postby Plasmic-Turtle » Wed May 06, 2009 7:07 am UTC

year in the sun wrote:
Plasmic-Turtle wrote:Eergh, speaking of catchy (as in this is goddamn awful but it won't get out of my head) as well as terrible lyrics, I'll put in a vote for Lulu's "I'm a Tiger". The video is best to experience the true awfulness of the song, but click on the link at your own risk - you may want to shoot yourself after seeing/hearing it.

thanks. i made it halfway through and now i know nothing worse can happen to me for the rest of the day.

Hence the warning. On the positive side, your day can only get better? The worst part is how it can sometimes get back in your head at completely random moments days later. In order to share that song with you, I have also sacrificed my own mental well-being it appears. :(
I blame my older sister, she was the one who first tortured me with it, otherwise I would never have known of it's existence.

year in the sun

Postby year in the sun » Wed May 06, 2009 4:45 pm UTC

Plasmic-Turtle wrote:Hence the warning. On the positive side, your day can only get better?

exactly. it's the eat-a-live-toad-first-thing-in-the-morning principle, in a different form. unfortunately i found a song during the day that's even worse, but even more unfortunately it's not in english so i can't really retaliate.
man susan,

philsov
Not a fan of Diane Kruger

Postby philsov » Mon May 11, 2009 6:04 pm UTC

"I am invincible as long as I'm alive."

-- John Mayer

:cry:
The time and seasons go on, but all the rhymes and reasons are wrong
I know I'll discover after its all said and done I should've been a nun.

L33tsaber

Postby L33tsaber » Tue May 12, 2009 6:17 am UTC

Ah, and how could I forget this little gem, even though it hails from one of my favorite video games ever?

What a thrill
With darkness and silence through the night
What a thrill
I'm searching, and I'll melt into you
What a fear in my heart
But you're so supreme

I give my life
Not for honor, but for you (Snake Eater)
In my time, there'll be no one else
Crime
It's the way I fly to you (Snake Eater)
I'm still in a dream, Snake Eater

Someday, you'll go through the rain
And someday, you'll feed on a tree frog
It's ordeal, the trial to survive
For the day we see new light

I give my life
Not for honor, but for you (Snake Eater)
In my time, there'll be no one else
Crime
It's the way I fly to you (Snake Eater)

I can't remember just how long it took me to learn to be able to sing the tree frog line with a perfectly straight face.

mdx_stargoliath

Postby mdx_stargoliath » Tue May 12, 2009 3:23 pm UTC

Anything by the Insane Clown Posse is extremely aweful...
They do not have ONE, ONE good song period!!
Hell you can go on a website full of thier lyrics close your eyes and pick one and you will always and forever find an god aweful song

take for example

Spoiler:
Juggalo Paradise

I'm sweating again I always do
I should probably take anotha pill or 2
in the mirror I see the face of Frankenstein
and that face is mine
I go to work at subway slicin hams
cut my finger off again (chop)
I walk home try to dodge and hide from thugs
that like to beat on scrubs
I go through this all the time, though I call
(j, where the fuck you at) (the mall)
(did you get your ass stomped again) (naw,....yyesss,....so)
nobody sees what I see do they?
they just cast me inside put my away
no friends, no style no place to go
until I went juggalo

[Chorus 2x]
its all for you, its all for you,
its calling you, its all that's left to do
that's why its all for you

look at me now man brain dead
I can derail a fuckin train with my forehead
I now live by the carnival deminions
so muthafuck your opinions
I'm a loonypath, I kill pedestrians
family, neighbors, best of friends
anybody, and if I don't kill em'
I keep'em in my basement and drill'em
just kiddin', all I really did was unlock the forbidden
I just let my fuckin mind unwind
I don't care what you think you don't intertwine
fuck the world, fuck everybody in it
even the sneaker pimps girl, I'd fuck her in a minute
you can live to impress dress fresh bitch I don't care
fuck everybody out there
I smoke peace pipes with indian-war chiefs
I steal jewels with chinese ninja thieves
I kiss whales like gupies and crushwalls
I through giant ice bergs like snow balls
I serve title waves, drink molten rock
ill put a fuckin tornado in a headlock
I go to Italy and straighten that tower
and whatever the fuck I want with the juggalo power

[Chorus 2x]
its all for you, its all for you,
its calling you, its all that's left to do
that's why its all for you

here I go again, another day
dealing with these muthafuckin idiots at subway
its ok, because I see behind it
and I keep myself reminded
none of these robots 9-to-5 puppets that I see
are any better than me mothafucker
there just strugglin in the world they chose
I'm waiting on the wagons with my juggalos

Seriously my IQ drops after reading one verse...
and then come the headaches.
Your life is your own and you are not governed by a predetermined destiny.

We Hope...

philsov

Postby philsov » Tue May 12, 2009 5:26 pm UTC

I actually like ICP's Dating Game. It was produced very well. The lyrics themselves are a bit juvinile in content but their quality isn't half bad.

Teres

Postby Teres » Tue May 12, 2009 6:44 pm UTC

Enthroned - The Face of Death
Each night I hear the voice of my father
He oblige me to sate my bestial instinct
I kidnap weak chicks for my perverted pleasures
My lair is the corridor to death, the entrance towards hell!

I sew their eyes open wide, then they cannot close them anymore
Then they could see the face of death
Mine!

They’re alive when I break their weak bones
When my clock slash their cunt
Their small butt!
I drive nails within their chocked eyes
Just before I draw arms and legs
To finally eat their guts!

mdx_stargoliath

Postby mdx_stargoliath » Tue May 12, 2009 7:58 pm UTC

Teres wrote:Enthroned - The Face of Death

Mine!

Their small butt!

WHAT THE F*CK!!!
Your life is your own and you are not governed by a predetermined destiny.

We Hope...

Maybe

Postby Maybe » Fri May 22, 2009 7:38 am UTC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vmPwZT-9zY

Not bad as in a badly written, horrifying lyrics, worst as in WHAT THE DAMN HELL WHY.

"Why does it hurt when I pee?" by Frank Zappa.
Boba Fett is my bro...ba... Fett..?

Wednesday

Postby Wednesday » Sun May 24, 2009 3:02 pm UTC

"one, two, three, FOURTEEN! " I agree. Vertigo is extraordinarily silly. If your going to be all " I can be cultural!" then please learn how to count to at least 5 in the language your pretending to know how to speak.

Rediculous, horrible lyrics. I Cum Blood, by Cannibal Corpse. Black metal...go figure.
But still. Why? Just... why????
Sexts From The Void wrote:i struggle to maneuver on a chessboard of dicks

SirMustapha

Postby SirMustapha » Mon May 25, 2009 2:35 am UTC

Teres wrote:Enthroned - The Face of Death

Mine!

Their small butt!

And that's why virgin young kids shouldn't start metal bands.

Not bad as in a badly written, horrifying lyrics, worst as in WHAT THE DAMN HELL WHY.

Why? Because he's Frank Zappa, and he's (was) a genius.

Prestidigitator

Postby Prestidigitator » Mon May 25, 2009 6:21 pm UTC

Roses by Outkast is pretty bad.

Spoiler:
Caroline! See Caroline!
All the guys would say she's mighty fine
But mighty fine only got you somewhere half the time
And the other half either got you cursed out, or coming up short
Yeah, now dig this, even though (even though)
You'd need a golden calculator to divide (to divide)
The time it took to look inside and realize that
Real guys go for real down to Mars girls, yeah!

[Chorus- Repeat 2x]
I know you'd like to think your shit don't stank
But lean a little bit closer
See that roses really smell like POO-OOO-OOO
Yeah, roses really smell like POO-OOO-OOO

Caroline! See she's the reason for the word "bitch" (bitch)
I hope she's speeding on the way to the club
Trying to hurry up to get to some
Baller or singer or somebody like that
And try to put on her makeup in the mirror
And crash, crash, crash.. into a ditch! (Just Playing!)
She needs a golden calculator to divide (to divide)

[Chorus- Repeat 2x]
See that roses really smell like poo-poo-poo
Yeah, roses really smell like poo-poo-poo

Well she's got a hotty body, but her attitude is potty
When I met her at a party she was hardly acting naughty
I said "Would you call me?"
She said "Pardon me, are you ballin'?"
I said "Darling, you sound like a prostitute pausing"
Oh so you're one them freaks, get geeked at the sight of ATM receipts
But game been peeped, dropping names she's weak
Trickin' off this bitch is lost
Must take me for a geek a quick way to eat
A neat place sleep, a rent-a-car for a week, a trick for a treat
Now go on the raw sex, my AIDS test is flawless
Regardless, we don't want to get involved with no lawyers
And judges just to hold grudges in a courtroom
I wanna see ya support bra not support you!

[Chorus- Repeat 4x]

[Repeat 2x]
Better come back down to Mars
Girl, quit chasin' cars
What happens when the dough get so low
Bitch, you ain't that fine
No way.. no way.. no way

[Repeat 2x]
Crazy bitch (repeated in background)
Bitch, stupid ass bitch
Old punk ass bitch, old dumbass bitch
A bitch's bitch, just a bitch

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Tue May 26, 2009 4:04 am UTC

Prestidigitator wrote:Roses by Outkast is pretty bad.

Spoiler:
Caroline! See Caroline!
All the guys would say she's mighty fine
But mighty fine only got you somewhere half the time
And the other half either got you cursed out, or coming up short
Yeah, now dig this, even though (even though)
You'd need a golden calculator to divide (to divide)

[Chorus- Repeat 2x]

Caroline! See she's the reason for the word "bitch" (bitch)
I hope she's speeding on the way to the club
Trying to hurry up to get to some
Baller or singer or somebody like that
And try to put on her makeup in the mirror
And crash, crash, crash.. into a ditch! (Just Playing!)
She needs a golden calculator to divide (to divide)

[Chorus- Repeat 2x]
See that roses really smell like poo-poo-poo
Yeah, roses really smell like poo-poo-poo

Well she's got a hotty body, but her attitude is potty
When I met her at a party she was hardly acting naughty
I said "Would you call me?"
She said "Pardon me, are you ballin'?"
I said "Darling, you sound like a prostitute pausing"
Oh so you're one them freaks, get geeked at the sight of ATM receipts
But game been peeped, dropping names she's weak
Trickin' off this bitch is lost
Must take me for a geek a quick way to eat
A neat place sleep, a rent-a-car for a week, a trick for a treat
Now go on the raw sex, my AIDS test is flawless
Regardless, we don't want to get involved with no lawyers
And judges just to hold grudges in a courtroom
I wanna see ya support bra not support you!

[Chorus- Repeat 4x]

[Repeat 2x]
Better come back down to Mars
Girl, quit chasin' cars
What happens when the dough get so low
Bitch, you ain't that fine
No way.. no way.. no way

[Repeat 2x]
Crazy bitch (repeated in background)
Bitch, stupid ass bitch
Old punk ass bitch, old dumbass bitch
A bitch's bitch, just a bitch
It is weird...I wouldn't say it's the worst, though. It's got some wordplay and sarcasm and stuff.
TaintedDeity wrote:Tainted Deity
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Dthen wrote:FUCK CHRISTMAS FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK YOU TOO FUCK OFF

Ulmo

Postby Ulmo » Wed May 27, 2009 12:03 am UTC

I'm a big Stevie Wonder fan, but I have to say... Passionate Raindrops is the CHEEZIEST song I have ever heard. What was he thinking???
Spoiler:
The day's been hot and sunny
Evening's about to take control
The sky is painting pictures
Stirring up love bliss in our souls
The breeze carries the fragrance
Of the sweetest symphony as it blows through your hair
Better can be nowhere

Our voices turn to whispers
Blending with rhythms of the night
The nightingales sing a love song
Glancing down at us in their flight
The moisture brings forth magic
That permeates the midnight air
To kiss the love we share, are

Raindrops, passionate raindrops
The kind of rain that writes they're
So in love on our skin
Raindrops, that we hope wont stop
Cooling the red hot love that we are making

That brings out all the fire that we have within
Raindrops cover every spot
Right to the last drop
We want all of you and then
Let each drop a rain be a lifetime that our love won't end

Somewhere in our doing
Trying to make our bodies one
We fall prey to moon dreams
Till awaken by the morning sun
Still disorientated
I feel something warm on my face
Coupled by your embrace
We gaze in awe and wonder
As if we can't believe it's so
Just that taste of heaven
Has got us longing for much more
We lie there impatient
Anxiously waiting foe the sun to go in
And the clouds to burst again, to give us

The kind of rain that writes they're
So in love on our skin
Raindrops, that we hope wont stop
Cooling the red hot love that we are making

That brings out all the fire that we have within
Raindrops cover every spot
Right to the last drop
We want all of you and then
Let each drop a rain be a lifetime that our love won't end

L33tsaber

Postby L33tsaber » Wed May 27, 2009 4:49 am UTC

Oh, and just about all of the vocal pieces in The Last Unicorn have wince-inducing lines. "Narwhals lost at sea/and never seen again/Go, go and ask the magpie/Where do unicorns go?"

Narwhals.

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Wed May 27, 2009 9:11 pm UTC

"Jelly" by Blessid Union of Souls.
I saw our future in her eyes
We searched for love amidst the lies
I didn't mean to draw her in
To a fight we'll never win
And I sigh as...
She becomes jelly in my hands

She told me things I never heard
And I just drank her every word
We swallow all that love can give
Cause love's the reason that we live
And I cry as...

We crossed our T's with gazing eyes
We knew it was finalized
Built this love on sinking sand
And I'm ashamed that I'm afraid to lend
a hand as...

The verses aren't terrible. They're not my thing, anyway. The whole jelly thing kind of throws you off.

philsov

Postby philsov » Fri May 29, 2009 7:26 pm UTC

And did you know that when it snows
my eyes become large

and the light that you shine can be seen

thanks Seal!

Return to “Music”