Hot Violin Girls System of a Down Cover

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

superdemongob

Hot Violin Girls System of a Down Cover

Postby superdemongob » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:00 am UTC

Hi all,
i'm not sure this is the right place for this but it did say in the description "if you saw anything interesting on the interweb"
This is a really really awesome cover of Toxicity - SoaD
I'd like to hear your views.
Toxicity - SoaD
Click on whichever appeals to you more:
Image Image Image Image

bonzoWhale

Re: Hot Violin Girls System of a Down Cover

Postby bonzoWhale » Sat May 08, 2010 6:14 pm UTC

LOL That's awesome!! I think we can safely state a new rule: awesome songs can't be covered.... unless it's done by hot chicks

superdemongob

Postby superdemongob » Tue May 11, 2010 12:44 pm UTC

definitely, seconded.
now, if only other people looked at this.
help me spread the awesome.
Click on whichever appeals to you more:
Image Image Image Image

achan1058

Postby achan1058 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:57 pm UTC

The drummer is good.

luvecor

Postby luvecor » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:04 am UTC

achan1058 wrote:The drummer is good.

agreed. actuallu, covering this song myselg (i mean, with my band :) ) i consider that drums i sthe most difficukt part of this song. so, great job by drummer

Jahoclave
sourmilk's moderator

Postby Jahoclave » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:21 pm UTC

bonzoWhale wrote:LOL That's awesome!! I think we can safely state a new rule: awesome songs can't be covered.... unless it's done by hot chicks

Two things. First. Your rule doesn't apply to anything System of a Down has ever done. Sure, they seemed awesome back when you were in middle school and raging against the system, but then you grow up and realize they've sucked this entire time. Which, leads me to point number two.

Second, objectifying women as objects to be displayed for your viewing pleasure: not cool.

That is all.

ShootTheChicken
Best. Cheerleader. Ever.

Postby ShootTheChicken » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:18 pm UTC

I don't know, SoaD has some pretty good stuff. And Serj has the awesomestest voice.
SecondTalon wrote:the Hot Freshness of Wicked Classic.

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:45 am UTC

They had, like, five-six good songs. Which isn't bad, but I moved on pretty quickly.

Also don't we have a thread for awesome covers? I feel like we should...

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:50 am UTC

Magnanimous wrote:They had, like, five-six good songs. Which isn't bad, but I moved on pretty quickly.

I heartily disagree; their self-titled album is one of the handful of albums I can listen to the entire way through and not want to skip a single song... one of the other albums that shares that honorific is Toxicity.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Magnanimous
Madmanananimous

Postby Magnanimous » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:27 am UTC

Fair enough; I definitely wasn't trying to state that as fact. In retrospect, I could've followed them longer to get used to the vocals...

SurgicalSteel

Postby SurgicalSteel » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:37 am UTC

I've always held that bow instruments can make any song better.

Also: the drummer does a pretty mean Black Hole Sun.
"There's spray paint on the teleprompter
Anchorman screams that he's seen a monster (mayday)
There's blood stains on his shirt (mayday)
They say that he's gone berserk."
--Flobots "Mayday"

bonzoWhale

Postby bonzoWhale » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:37 am UTC

Jahoclave wrote:
bonzoWhale wrote:LOL That's awesome!! I think we can safely state a new rule: awesome songs can't be covered.... unless it's done by hot chicks

Two things. First. Your rule doesn't apply to anything System of a Down has ever done. Sure, they seemed awesome back when you were in middle school and raging against the system, but then you grow up and realize they've sucked this entire time. Which, leads me to point number two.

Second, objectifying women as objects to be displayed for your viewing pleasure: not cool.

That is all.

In their defense, they are actually quite good at it. I disagree that SoaD "sucks", but that is a matter of personal taste, I don't think they're the greatest band in the world by a long shot but I would hardly say they're not a talented bunch... but hey, good for you for maturing and outgrowing their screamy rebel music!

I apologize if you find my remark objectifying, that was certainly not the intention. You'll have to take my word for it, of course, but believe me I do not treat women like objects to be displayed for my viewing pleasure... it is merely an equivalent reaction to that of a woman going bananas for the man taking his shirt off for no reason at all in the middle of the movie, triggered by hormones and/or biology... which is all just a fancy way to say that I am attracted to women because that's how I was built, and expressing that beauty inherently enhances the listening experience for me was the sole intention of my comment and I was in no way claiming attractive women should play music because they are attractive and much less implying they should be recorded and made available for us men to look at. That would be creepy.

You must admit it's a lot classier than "LAWLZ THEY SHOULDVE SHOWN THERE NIPPLEZ". But yes, I agree my comment could easily be interpreted as "uncool".

I will say this, though, and I don't mean to sound like John Lithgow on Footloose, I'm just bored and feel like going all You-Tube-Essay-Comment, but sometimes women are just asking for it. I went to a night club the other day and it was really depressing to see all the drunk boys and girls "dancing" and grinding against each other. So pardon me for the crudeness of this remark, but a woman who goes to a place with terrible music (because unlike SoaD that is terrible music) to get wasted and look for men to grope and drool all over her is an object.

SurgicalSteel wrote:I've always held that bow instruments can make any song better.

Also: the drummer does a pretty mean Black Hole Sun.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. In my book, a rock band achieves greatness when a violin pops out in the middle of a song.

crowey
That's DOCTOR Crowey, to you

Postby crowey » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:06 pm UTC

bonzoWhale wrote:I will say this, though, and I don't mean to sound like John Lithgow on Footloose, I'm just bored and feel like going all You-Tube-Essay-Comment, but sometimes women are just asking for it. I went to a night club the other day and it was really depressing to see all the drunk boys and girls "dancing" and grinding against each other. So pardon me for the crudeness of this remark, but a woman who goes to a place with terrible music (because unlike SoaD that is terrible music) to get wasted and look for men to grope and drool all over her is an object.

WHAT?

TheGrammarBolshevik
Location: Going to and fro in the earth, and walking up and down in it.

Postby TheGrammarBolshevik » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:14 pm UTC

Sounds like a subject to me, given that you're explaining her behavior in terms of subjective motivations. If you want something and you go out and get it, how are you an object?
Nothing rhymes with orange,
Not even sporange.

Aaeriele

Postby Aaeriele » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:16 pm UTC

bonzoWhale wrote:I will say this, though, and I don't mean to sound like John Lithgow on Footloose, I'm just bored and feel like going all You-Tube-Essay-Comment, but sometimes women are just asking for it. I went to a night club the other day and it was really depressing to see all the drunk boys and girls "dancing" and grinding against each other. So pardon me for the crudeness of this remark, but a woman who goes to a place with terrible music (because unlike SoaD that is terrible music) to get wasted and look for men to grope and drool all over her is an object.

The door is that way.

Get. Out.

Now.
Vaniver wrote:Harvard is a hedge fund that runs the most prestigious dating agency in the world, and incidentally employs famous scientists to do research.

afuzzyduck wrote:ITS MEANT TO BE FLUTTERSHY BUT I JUST SEE AAERIELE! CURSE YOU FORA!

broken_escalator
They're called stairs

Postby broken_escalator » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:25 pm UTC

This one time a woman was asking me for it. But I was like, "sorry we're out of chocolate swirl ice cream." She ended up asking for a different it and enjoyed her vanilla ice cream.

The EGE
not very good at pickup limes

Postby The EGE » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:26 pm UTC

Aaeriele wrote:

The door is that way.

Get. Out.

Now.
sillybear25 wrote:But it's NPH, so it's creepy in the best possible way.

Shivahn wrote:I'm in your abstractions, burning your notions of masculinity.

Gelsamel
Lame and emo

Postby Gelsamel » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:34 pm UTC

"Give up here?"
- > No
"Do you accept defeat?"
- > No
"Do you think games are silly little things?"
- > No
"Is it all pointless?"
- > No
"Do you admit there is no meaning to this world?"
- > No

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:15 pm UTC

bonzoWhale wrote:but sometimes women are just asking for it
DISAPPROVE.png
TaintedDeity wrote:Tainted Deity
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Dthen wrote:FUCK CHRISTMAS FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK YOU TOO FUCK OFF

Dream
WINNING

Postby Dream » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:21 pm UTC

Hope you learned your lesson, bonzoWhale. System Of A Down are fucking bullshit. In fact, I think I speak for everyone in the thread and every single member of these forums when I tell you, System Of A Down are bullshit. I trust you'll know better in future.
I knew a woman once, but she died soon after.

bonzoWhale

Postby bonzoWhale » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:26 pm UTC

crowey wrote:

WHAT?

I dunno, it was late :P
But still, allow me to rectify my point, before you all kick me out the door you have clearly pointed out.

How does a woman (or a man for that matter) expect to be respected without respecting herself first? As a young man I am expected to take delight in partying and drinking and women but I do not find joy in looking at people completely wasted, with their senses completely taken out, and as I grew up taught to respect women I find it specially depressing when a young girl allows peer pressure to take the best of her and dances drunk with a drunker horny teenager who takes advantage of her. Seriously, go to a night club early in the morning and look at the people outside, you all know what I mean.

Now take a primitive male brain, who is drunk and impaired, and sees a hot woman throwing herself at him and allowing to do as he pleases with her... what the ____ do you expect him to think?

Clearly everyone focused on that last sentence before flaming my comment, but think of it as a punchline... I am not suggesting that this is something good or something I do, hell no! By saying that, I am not literally implying women are objects, geez, I'm merely pointing out how a lack of principles can result in terrible behaviors and, yes, women are free to go get their gropings if they so please, but come on, this is exactly where it all begins. Don't focus on the wording, I'm a foreigner and some subtle things related to language can slip by, but listen to my argument here, I'm not saying anything too preposterous.

But of course... this is the internet, I should have guessed it would be interpreted that I endorse objectifying women and I probably do it all the time.

Dream wrote:Hope you learned your lesson, bonzoWhale. System Of A Down are fucking bullshit. In fact, I think I speak for everyone in the thread and every single member of these forums when I tell you, System Of A Down are bullshit. I trust you'll know better in future.

Ha! Yes, indeed, it certainly seems to be that way. I agree to some extent, but I can't help to enjoy some SoaD here and there.

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:30 pm UTC

Two important things:
Firstly, bonzo, you're a douche. What do you expect him to think? You expect him to not be a douche, like you are so evidently and repeatedly broadcasting you are.
Secondly, Dream, lets not conflate a douchebag's music tastes with bad music: I happen to like SoaD.
... with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:41 pm UTC

BonzoWhale, your opinions on women, romance, "self-respect" and objectification are terrible and you're a terrible person for having them. This is objective truth. Trust me. I'm a Doktor.

Everyone else, we're no longer talking about Bonzo's (terrible) opinions. Yes, I know they're terrible, you know they're terrible, SCIENCE knows they're terrible, and one day, even he may know they're terrible, and look back on this moment in shame, and hang his head, and walk out into the wilderness to cleanse himself of his sins, and be eaten by coyotes.

But until then I think we're in the music forum, yeah?
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

bonzoWhale

Postby bonzoWhale » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:11 pm UTC

I'm not a douche. You may disagree with me, it's just an opinion, and there's also the chance that I'm not wording myself right so I sound like a douche, but you'd have to know me to have a valid point in saying I'm a terrible person. Take it or leave it, it's the same.

But I agree, this is a music forum and there is no point discussing other things, so forget I said anything and move along.

Dream
WINNING

Postby Dream » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:53 pm UTC

Izawwlgood wrote:Dream, lets not conflate a douchebag's music tastes with bad music: I happen to like SoaD.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

It is a capitalised fact ;)
I knew a woman once, but she died soon after.

The Mighty Thesaurus
In your library, eating your students

Postby The Mighty Thesaurus » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:03 am UTC

Izawwlgood wrote: I happen to like SoaD

You're actually hurting your case by pointing this out.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:your ability to tell things from things remains one of your skills.
Weeks wrote:Not only can you tell things from things, you can recognize when a thing is a thing

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:33 am UTC

Your taste in music: it probably isn't very fun.

Weeks
Hey Baby, wanna make a fortnight?

Postby Weeks » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:45 am UTC

I think she listens to a band called Black Saturday or something
TaintedDeity wrote:Tainted Deity
suffer-cait wrote:One day I'm gun a go visit weeks and discover they're just a computer in a trashcan at an ice cream shop.
Dthen wrote:FUCK CHRISTMAS FUCK EVERYTHING FUCK YOU TOO FUCK OFF

Izawwlgood
WINNING

Postby Izawwlgood » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:51 am UTC

I seem to remember you or her just GUSHING over Linkin Park?

Belial
A terrible sound heard from a distance

Postby Belial » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:51 am UTC

bonzoWhale wrote:I'm not a douche.

First: any time you have to say those words, you're probably wrong.

Second: the red text means we are not having an argument. Move along.
addams wrote:A drunk neighbor is better than a sober Belial.

They/them

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:33 am UTC

I see nothing of value here. Feel free to PM me if you disagree.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Return to “Music”