Good sites to learn viola?

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

ndkid

Good sites to learn viola?

Postby ndkid » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:10 pm UTC

Hey, so I did a search for something near this topic and nothing came up, so if this is in another topic, I'm sorry.

So I found my mom's old viola that hadn't been taken out of the case in 30 something years the other day and I really want to pick it up. I've been playing the tuba for 2 years so i'm fluent in the bass clef and I know most rythyms (don't give me anything past a dotted 8th and a 16th or my head explodes). I'm pretty much looking for some good websites to learn other instruments (mainly the viola), but I also can't find any sites with any simple etudes for the viola. Anyone got some suggestions? And it doesn't necessarily have to be for the viola mind you, it can be for any instrument as long as its not for one of those confusing transposing instruments.

Aiwendil

Re: Good sites to learn viola?

Postby Aiwendil » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:18 pm UTC

Please forgive my completely unhelpful response - but don't violas typically use the alto clef (middle C on the middle line), not the bass?

ndkid

Re: Good sites to learn viola?

Postby ndkid » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:34 pm UTC

I believe they do. I was just stating that i only read the bass clef right now since i'm a tuba player. And I'm looking for etudes for the viola so I can learn to play in the alto clef.

Return to “Music”