Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Phrozt

Bad Religion Day - November 5th!!

Postby Phrozt » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:51 pm UTC

URL: http://badreligionday.com/index.html
Cast: http://badreligionday.com:8100/live.m3u
Chat: http://www.thebrpage.net/shoutbox/

History:

The idea of getting together with other Bad Religion fans originated from The BR Mailing List in October 1999. It was obvious that it was something that many people in there wanted to do; they'd been talking over the web for quite a long time and they wanted to see each other's faces. So Roger Vulture decided to propose a date, which was accepted by everyone, and called it Bad Religion Day. November 5 was chosen because that was the release date for Against The Grain, and also Graffin's birthday is on November 6 (and the 1917 revolution, called the October revolution, funnily enough, actually took place on November 7).

This is the original text that was used to announce the Bad Religion Day:
Each year on November 5 Bad Religion fans have an excuse to meet other fans and do whatever they feel like doing to celebrate this most peculiar date: Bad Religion Day. It is peculiar in that it can be freely interpreted as a day of celebration, meditation, masturbation or indeed anything you may feel like doing.

Even if you e-mail me and become the contact guy/girl for a get-together in your city, you don't really need to organize anything amazing. You just need to be willing to meet other fans in your area, and state what you intend to do, even if it involves simply hitting the pubs for a huge badreligious piss-up. Or you can sit down and discuss the band's lyrics over a coffee, have a Hetson-impersonator contest, trade bootlegs and underwear, you can scream your heads off singing Generator while standing on the table of a posh restaurant with your pants down...

If someone else has already planed to organize a get-together in your area, you should get in contact directly with them by e-mail.
Last edited by Phrozt on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:28 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Jplus

Re: Bad Religion Day - November 5th!!

Postby Jplus » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:05 pm UTC

Seems like reserving a day to feel smug about being atheist. Not my kind of thing, even though I'm atheist.
"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache coherence, naming things, and off-by-one errors." (Phil Karlton and Leon Bambrick)

coding and xkcd combined

(Julian/Julian's)

SlyReaper
inflatable

Postby SlyReaper » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:11 pm UTC

I thought this was going to be about Guy Fawkes night and how his gunpowder plot was religiously motivated.
What would Baron Harkonnen do?

Phrozt

Postby Phrozt » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:29 pm UTC

Jplus wrote:Seems like reserving a day to feel smug about being atheist. Not my kind of thing, even though I'm atheist.

Yeah.... that's nowhere close to what it's about...

Anaximander

Postby Anaximander » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:03 am UTC

Shit yea, Bad Religion! Fully endorse a BR day.

I actually just picked up Suffer the other day from my new favorite record store.

Been listening to BR since 1994 and never owned a copy of Suffer. Killer spin although Recipe for Hate and 80-85 are my bread and butter.

Return to “Music”