Mumford and Sons

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

dshizzle

Mumford and Sons

Postby dshizzle » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:00 pm UTC

Really gotten into Mumford & Sons lately, any other fans out there? Only other band I know of that sounds comparable to them are the Avett brothers.
Reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled. - Feynman

Adam H

Re: Mumford and Sons

Postby Adam H » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:52 pm UTC

A better question is who DOESN'T like mumford and sons (especially since that's what this thread will probably devolve into anyways), and the answer to that is "not I!" New album out soon, yeah? Very exciting.

However, Avett Brothers kind of annoys me. Their songwriting just seems less mature than M&S. Though yes, the instrumentation is very similar, and I can't really think of a better comparison. Decemberists, maybe?
-Adam

dshizzle

Postby dshizzle » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:29 pm UTC

A better question is who DOESN'T like mumford and sons

Probably hitler.

New album out soon, yeah?

I cant wait to pay for all the music I've ripped from Youtube. Home/Holland Road is my jam right now. I find their music very interesting, there's a ton of biblical allusion in it but not only does it not set of my WTF RELIGION IS THE WORST alarm, it actually kind of makes me miss childhood church services with my family.

I'll have to check out the Decemberists.
Reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled. - Feynman

dshizzle

Postby dshizzle » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:44 pm UTC

To answer my own question Jerry Douglas has some similarities to Mumford and Sons, The Boxer is worth checking out.

Sheikh al-Majaneen
Name Checks Out On Time, Tips Chambermaid

Postby Sheikh al-Majaneen » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:12 am UTC

Though excited about their new album, I refuse to listen to any songs from it until it is released, or until they start airing on radio. Not sure why.

jobriath

Postby jobriath » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:13 am UTC

I like a bit of Mumford and Sons :)

Laura Marling toured with them, and especially when she breaks out the banjo, she takes on M&S overtones. Devil's Spoke is a particularly fine example of her work and the occasional similarity with M&S, but don't be fooled---I Speak Because I Can is something very different, and very beautiful.

dshizzle

Postby dshizzle » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:46 pm UTC

dshizzle wrote:To answer my own question Jerry Douglas has some similarities to Mumford and Sons, The Boxer is worth checking out.

I just realized that The Boxer sounds like Mumford and Sons because it is. :oops:

Sheikh al-Majaneen
Name Checks Out On Time, Tips Chambermaid

Postby Sheikh al-Majaneen » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:19 pm UTC

New single. Yes, I couldn't wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kS8RTRi7HA

Return to “Music”