Some Mixes (Updated Sept 21st '08)

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Dark Ragnarok

Some Mixes (Updated Sept 21st '08)

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:17 am UTC

I wasn't sure if this belonged in the "Art and Links" section, but i thought this might have been more appropriate.

I make mixes, (mostly Techno), and wanted to share a couple of them.

This one is a recent I did a couple days ago. It's just over 24 minutes long, so it's not to much of a mix, but it mixes entirely different styles and it's a bit of an evil mix. It goes from some deepening sad emotion, to something just angry and hardcore. The bad thing is about 1:40 into it a program was emitting a sound during recording and hogged the audio pipeline, and screwed up the music (a bad scratching noise) in that mix. Anyways, hope you guys like it, and enjoy!

[Dark] Ragnarok... My [Name] Is...
(Right click and Save As)

Tracklisting:
1. Separation - Angela
2. Without You (Dogzilla Dub Mix) - Dogzilla
3. A Tri-State With You (Frase's Introzilla Mashup) - Above & Beyond Dogzilla
4. Hard Dreamer Ver 2.0 - Dj Jea
5. A Live Collection 10 [Come to Daddy] - Aphex Twin
6. Conquistador - Juno Reactor
7. Blue Betreyal - Dj Sharpnel

Provide feedback please, and i'll be happy to link more mixes if you'd like. ^-^;
Last edited by Dark Ragnarok on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:04 am UTC, edited 4 times in total.

refreshingapathy

Postby refreshingapathy » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:20 pm UTC

Its interesting!

What exactly was it that you did for the first song? Add a beat or just link them all together?

Still sounds cool.

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:51 pm UTC

yes i linked them together. Djs pretty much do this for the most part, but because I'm poor and can't afford 1k worth of just *decent* stuff, i resort to using this program.

I make lots of different mixes form all sorts of music, but it's all techno in some aspect.

Let me know if you want to hear more ^-^;

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:06 pm UTC

Alright I'm fine enough to show this one i made while back. It's a mix between trance, house, and hardstyle. I thought it came together pretty well. About 47 Min. long.

Presenting [Dark] Ragnarok's 7hr3E-Styl3
(Right Click > Save As or listen in your browser.)

Tracklisting:

01. Intro.. Peer to Peer - Dj Sharpnel
02. On My Own - Ulrich Schnauss (Sasha's Involver Edit)
03. Psiko Garden - Alex Dolby
04. Your Light (Four to the Floor Dub) - Trafik
05. Without You (Dogzilla Dub Mix) - Dogzilla
06. Play It Louder - Randy Katana
07. Control Freak (Sander Van Doorn Remix) - Armin Van Buuren
08. Operation No. 9 - Dj Jea
09. Far East Hardstylerz - Dj Jea
10. Hold Me Out - Dj Jea
11. Dekameronation - Dj Jea
12. Weekend - Dj Scooter

I'm told the first 15 minutes of this is great browsing music. Anyways Enjoy! ^^;
Last edited by Dark Ragnarok on Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:47 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Sprocket
Seymour

Postby Sprocket » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:48 pm UTC

I would be generally in to trading mix cds and such with folk, but it has to maintain an open minded concept I think. For example, I've never had any interest in Green Day, but Nougat is making a green day mix in exchange for the TMBG mix I made him. I said sure, I'll try it out, just gotta keep an open mind.
"She’s a free spirit, a wind-rider, she’s at one with nature, and walks with the kodama eidolons”
Zohar wrote: Down with the hipster binary! It's a SPECTRUM!

dubsola

Postby dubsola » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:00 am UTC

DarkRagnarok - I'm listening to your 7hr3E mix right now. Your description turned me off, but I thought I'd listen anyway. It's pretty good actually! Catchy as hell. I like Ulrich Schnauss.

I have one for y'all. I foolishly put it on megaupload before checking out how DR hosted his. Megaupload requires you to load their page and enter a CAPTCHA. Lemme know if you have trouble with it.

Aesoteric mix.

This mix is one I did to promote the live music night I ran in Australia. It's a pretty good representation of what we had going on there, in that it is all over the place, and will probably have something for everyone.

Trackle:

1. flanger - music to begin with (n tone)
2. flotel - whispering city (expanding)
3. mice parade - steady as she goes (fatcat)
4. alva noto + ryuichi sakamoto - aurora (raster-noton)
5. burnt friedman, jaki liebzeit, david sylvian - the librarian (nonplace)
6. roisin murphy - love in the making (echo)
7. fourtet - sun, drums and soil (domino)
8. ammoncontact - a satellite's return (ninja tune)
9. jneiro jarel - n.a.s.a (kindred spirits)
10. hedde gyn nieuwe jurk - de 17 pieces met je zu samen (rockwell)
11. hedde gyn nieuwe jurk - de 17 pieces met je zu samen (rockwell)
12. hedde gyn nieuwe jurk - de 17 pieces met je zu samen (rockwell)
13. hedde gyn nieuwe jurk - de 17 pieces met je zu samen (rockwell)
14. prefuse 73 - sabbatical with options (warp)
15. daedelus - just briefly (ninja tune)
16. bus feat. mc soom t - diamond in the rough (~scape)
17. dave miller - before you leave (background)
18. john zorn / jaimie saft trio - astaroth (from masada book 2) (tzadik)

Enjoy!

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:47 pm UTC

dubsola wrote:DarkRagnarok - I'm listening to your 7hr3E mix right now. Your description turned me off, but I thought I'd listen anyway. It's pretty good actually! Catchy as hell. I like Ulrich Schnauss.

I have one for y'all. I foolishly put it on megaupload before checking out how DR hosted his. Megaupload requires you to load their page and enter a CAPTCHA. Lemme know if you have trouble with it.

Aesoteric mix.

This mix is one I did to promote the live music night I ran in Australia. It's a pretty good representation of what we had going on there, in that it is all over the place, and will probably have something for everyone.

Trackle:

1. flanger - music to begin with (n tone)
2. flotel - whispering city (expanding)
3. mice parade - steady as she goes (fatcat)
4. alva noto + ryuichi sakamoto - aurora (raster-noton)
5. burnt friedman, jaki liebzeit, david sylvian - the librarian (nonplace)
6. roisin murphy - love in the making (echo)
7. fourtet - sun, drums and soil (domino)
8. ammoncontact - a satellite's return (ninja tune)
9. jneiro jarel - n.a.s.a (kindred spirits)
10. hedde gyn nieuwe jurk - de 17 pieces met je zu samen (rockwell)
11. hedde gyn nieuwe jurk - de 17 pieces met je zu samen (rockwell)
12. hedde gyn nieuwe jurk - de 17 pieces met je zu samen (rockwell)
13. hedde gyn nieuwe jurk - de 17 pieces met je zu samen (rockwell)
14. prefuse 73 - sabbatical with options (warp)
15. daedelus - just briefly (ninja tune)
16. bus feat. mc soom t - diamond in the rough (~scape)
17. dave miller - before you leave (background)
18. john zorn / jaimie saft trio - astaroth (from masada book 2) (tzadik)

Enjoy!

O well thank you XP. Ulrich Schnuass is definitely good stuff. I'll check your mix out, and i'm also working on a 2 hour long sharpnel mix, but i seriously don't know how people could handle my taste in happy hardcore let alone sharpnel. it's something you have to get used to. Anyways i'll get back to you and what i think of the mix, and added thanks for listening to it anyways. ^^;;

O btw, i forgot to fix this awhile back but the song by Ulrich Schnauss is actually "Sasha's Involver Edit" mix. Not the original. So also check out some of Sasha's mixes and stuff when you can.

Edit: while i'm downloading your mix, i'm goign to go ahead and show case another older mix i did.

It's a bunch of slower stuff, but it samples Tech-Funk, Big Beat, Trance, and others.

Presenting [Dark] Ragnarok's 30 Min. Mix of Madness (Fixed Link)

Tracklisting:

1. Freak - LFO
2. Red Pill, Blue Pill - Junkie XL
3. Rip Shit Up - 30Hz & Boabinga Present the Body Snatchers
4. Harsh (Original Mix) - Dopamine
5. Red - Junkie XL
6. Fasten Your Seatbelts - Pendulum
7. Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo (M.I.K.E. Remix) - Bloodhound Gang

Enjoy!

[Note: LFO is NOT Lyte Funky Ones... it's Low Frequency Oscillation.]
Last edited by Dark Ragnarok on Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:39 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Dark Ragnarok

Re: Some Mixes

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:30 pm UTC

Alright I finished my newest mix which is part 1 of 2.

Simple description: It's mostly a night time listening theme that features trance elements, but not all of it is trance. It's all sorts. About 7 of the 9 songs feature some form of guitar. Anyways here it is for torrenting and direct download.

Presenting...

[Dark] Ragnarok's Midnight Mix (1st Hour)
Duration: (53:38)

Torrent or Direct Download for the 192 Bit Rate (73.6 Mb) Version
Torrent or Direct Download for the 128 Bit Rate (49.0 Mb) Version

Remember: To direct download, input the 3 letter code near the top right and then wait 45 seconds. Then you can download it.

Tracklisting:

00. Intro (????)
01. Space Maneouvres Part 3 (Quivver Breaks Mix) - Quivver
02. Like A Waterfall - Solar Stone & Jes
03. Filth (Greed Is Evil Mix) - Chris Lake & Rowan Blades
04. Out Here - Pendulum
05. Without You (12 Inch Mix) - Dogzilla
06. In A State (Sasha Remix) - U.N.K.L.E.
07. Close Your Eyes (Dwight Van Dan/Andy Moor Remix) - Headstrong Feat. Tiff Lacey
08. Mushroom - Junkie XL
09. Enjoy the Wavy Gravy (Zabiela's 3 Deck Mash Up) - Mike Koglin

Detailed Description wrote:This is going to be a 2 part mix. Mostly trance elements, but it's still mixing different styles. I meant this to be a concept mix for night time listening that turned into a night time dance mix. The 2nd hour is in concept right now, but it's goign to be a *lot* heavier than this 1st hour.

I decided that torrenting should be optional for some people. So it is. Also, i made into 2 different bit rates for those who want a choice between quality or space. Future mixes will sport 256 Bit rate or even 320. Just depends. But it's my step forward to making my mixes more available.

I gotta say. This isn't (IMO) my best work, but I'm mastering the crossfader. The first transition alone, I can't even tell where it starts, and I can't get over how well done just that part is. Some parts of this mix were very difficult to mix, so some parts feel off, but i didn't want to spend forever like I did on my last mix. I decided to basically put down what I had 99% done. However I'm mostly going to point out the beginning and end. I find those to be the most enjoyable. Kudos to whoever recognizes the intro (just a treat for you guys.) Anyways...

Enjoy!

Dark Ragnarok

Re: Some Mixes

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Wed May 21, 2008 7:16 pm UTC

Well now. I finished the last hour! And honestly I think it came out well. If you need something to dance to or something to sleep to, this seems to work for both.

But here it is!

Presenting... [Dark] Ragnarok's Midnight Mix (2nd Hour)

Duration: 48m 06s
File Size: 80 Mb
Tracklisting:

01. Mike Foyle vs. Signalrunners - Love Theme Dusk
02. Junkie XL - Mushroom
03. Bart Claessen - Playmo (1st Play)
04. Bart Claessen - Playmo (2nd Play)
05. Armin van Buuren - Sail
06. Mike Foyle - Shipwrecked (Sean Tyas Remix)
07. Angelstyle - Insider
08. Dj Tiesto - Flight 643
09. TDR - Squelch (Sander van Doorn Remix)
10. Simon Patterson - Bulldozer
11. Dj Tiesto - Adagio for Strings
12. Mannix vs. Kaymak - World Gone Mad (Dan Stone Remix)
13. Armin van Buuren & M.I.K.E. - Intruder

(Btw Album Art also coming soon!)

ZonkerBrainless

Re: Some Mixes (Updated May 21st '08)

Postby ZonkerBrainless » Fri May 23, 2008 2:37 pm UTC

Tiesto, ew. j/k.

Let's trade! I mix techno and tech house too.

Zonik - Starting Over

Tracklist:

Avus - Breathe On
Dibby Dougherty - Lights Out (Chloe Harris remix)
Vector Lovers - Babette
Vector Lovers - A Field (Noctambular Mix)
Koljah - India Little Flower
Dejan Galic - Abbey Draught
Glenn Morrison - Blue Skies With Linda
Robert Babicz - Somewhere (Jochen Peuyn Remix)
Outwork, Alp - Fiesta Elektronika (Paolo Aliberti Reprise Mix)
Sinisa Tamamovic - Bark (Jesse Somfay Remix)
Lenny Fontana, Mike Morin - Brooklym Medlom (Mastronic Remix)
Dustin H, Nero - Summer Solstice (Jairus Miller Remix)
Monika Kruse, Gregor Thresher - Panchakarma
Kollektiv Turmstrasse - Melodrama
Phil Kieran - Missp (Pig & Dan Remix)
Lens - Beyond the Shadows (Moonbeam Remix)

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Fri May 23, 2008 11:57 pm UTC

Alright then ^^; I'll give it a listen, but I'm also going to critique it.

Hope you enjoy my stuff. The style of a lot of my mixes are very experimental. They included genre mixing, double (even triple) climax layering, trance elements in speedcore, hardcore mixing style in trance, and others. So Enjoy! ^^;

Edit: Also PHIL KIERAN FTW

Bisyss

Postby Bisyss » Sat May 24, 2008 12:20 am UTC

What do you use to make mixes, if I may ask? I've been interested in pissing around with mixing for a while, but I don't know what I'd need. (I'd prefer to have a freeware program, but I'll look into anything you suggest.)
william wrote:Hamlet's problem is that Scar caused the stampede that killed his father.

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Sat May 24, 2008 1:04 am UTC

It's hard to find good freeware. If you want to just mess around I see nothing wrong with acquire Virtual DJ.

Some people will tell you to use Ableton, but I would not suggest that at all for a beginner, especially if you don't have a soundcard that supports preview headphones.

PM me if you want to get a copy of the program. I'll walk you through basic DJing. ^^;

ZonkerBrainless

Postby ZonkerBrainless » Sat May 24, 2008 3:27 am UTC

Dark Ragnarok wrote:Alright then ^^; I'll give it a listen, but I'm also going to critique it.

Hope you enjoy my stuff. The style of a lot of my mixes are very experimental. They included genre mixing, double (even triple) climax layering, trance elements in speedcore, hardcore mixing style in trance, and others. So Enjoy! ^^;

Edit: Also PHIL KIERAN FTW

That's fine. You must be in the same place I was a year ago, mixing with freeware. Eventually somebody donated to me a spare copy of ableton... boy was that tough to learn. And expensive, had to buy a controller and a soundcard with two outs so I could cue.

"Starting over" is my latest demo mix, I didn't do any fancy mixing. I did do one experimental mix once where I mixed three tracks at once for an hour to see how it would sound, "melting upwards," it's still up on my website. Not really necessary to get the sound I want, although I still do it every once in awhile.

Phil Kieran RAWKS

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Sat May 24, 2008 8:08 pm UTC

I didn't get to listen to all of it. About half or so. This is very good music. It's not something I can jam too but excellent to pass time and chill. It's very very well mixed and well paced. the flow is good too. But it doesn't change a lot. I'll re-listen to the last half to see where you went with the mix, but I think it's good idea to learn how to build from what I heard already.

Good job though ^^;

ZonkerBrainless

Postby ZonkerBrainless » Sun May 25, 2008 1:50 pm UTC

Thanks! I got about halfway through the first half of your first hour and then my shures gave out! razza frazza. The bass in the right one just gave out entirely. Let me dig up my old buds and I'll finish it off.

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Sun May 25, 2008 10:50 pm UTC

Oops. Sorry. I know 2 tracks I didn't tone down. XD. Sorry. XDDDDD.

ZonkerBrainless

Postby ZonkerBrainless » Tue May 27, 2008 2:09 am UTC

Haha! No, it wasn't your mix, it was from me cleaning them a little too aggressively, doh! The indie pop club mix one and the unkle track are a little hot though, yeah.

Anyway, I'll finish the first hour off on the metro tomorrow morning, stay tuned...

ZonkerBrainless

Postby ZonkerBrainless » Tue May 27, 2008 3:06 pm UTC

Ok, I listened to the first hour. I take it your freeware application lets you beatmatch manually yourself, it doesn't do the beatmatching for you? Because the beatmatching is too good to be freeware, so I figure it must be all you. I heard a teensy bit of flamming going into the unkle track but nothing worth complaining about. And those two tracks I mentioned that came in a little hot, that's my only technical nitpick. Volume levels definitely could be more even. Sometimes it's hard for me to pay attention to levels when I'm mixing because I'm so busy doing other stuff. Do you use a spectrum analyzer?

Interesting mix of styles here, vocals vocals and more vocals! The dark grindy quivver stuff from Hernan Cattaneo's renaissance mix, then some disco house stuff, some trance, some indie pop sounding stuff, Sasha's Unkle thing, more house, finish up with some trance-sounding percussive stuff...is it tribal? neat.

The second hour seems to more straight forward uptempo trance stuff, which I'm not all that into tbh. Good mixing though. Have you tried mixing with an eq rather than the xfader? Gives you more control, sometimes you can do more interesting stuff that way. Or a filter.

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Wed May 28, 2008 9:50 am UTC

Actually, believe it or not, it is mixed by software. XD. I just really put it to good use. I could opt out for EQ fading with an EQ fader, but haven't messed around too much with that yet. Volume equalizing is very tricky with me since I have no preview headphones. Not to mention no spectrolyzer. I think I have a filter effect, but never toyed with it yet. I can't afford equipment atm. I just have a single CDJ-800 at the moment.

enk

Postby enk » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:21 pm UTC

My [Name] Is... Tbh, I don't really like this mix. It's changing styles too much. And Come to Daddy certainly doesn't fit in there. IMHO, of course. I guess I prefer some kind of consistency throughout a mix.

But I really like 7hr3E-Styl3. It fits nicely together. And the buildup to the Blade bloodbath part* is very nice. And all of it is great browsing music, btw.

*Isn't that what most people refer to as Confusion by New Order? Which I guess is actually just a mix of Confusion by English 80's band New Order. And by mix, I mean a completely new track with a faint "Confusion" shout from the original added. And now it's part of Play It Louder? I'm confused (pun intended).

And the Dogzilla track you posted in that techno thread has really grown on me. It's lovely.

And one more thing... can you fix the link to your 30 mins of madness?
phlip wrote:Ha HA! Recycled emacs jokes.

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:37 pm UTC

The ".. My [Name] Is..." was an experimental mix that progressively was supposed to get angrier and harder. It opened with an epic acoustic song and starts heading off into an emotional trance. From there it just gets harder. Then screams it's way into the *full* version of Come to Daddy. Then Vocal/Bass mixed into Conquistador, then just goes into the ultra hardcore of Blue Betreyal. It's def a pushy mix, but if you ever needed anything to vent on, this is pretty much how I designed this mix. The majority of people who love hardcore (or harder stuff) very much love this set. So I'm assuming it's just varies from person to person who likes it or not. But I *highly* appreciate the time you're taking to listen to my mixes. In any case the "blade" song you are talking about. This is *the* original song that blade got the song from. It was made in 2005. Notice all dates of anything else are later than that year. But Randy Katana made the original song first.

Here's the link for 30 Min. of Madness. I guess the link died, but I re-uploaded it.

Ah I also have an Essential Sharpnel Sounds mix that's entirely Happy Hardcore. Personally it's my favorite mix out of all the one's I ever made. I think it came out rather well.

enk

Postby enk » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:40 am UTC

Ok, I've been listening some more while I'm reading for my linear algebra exam.

The 30. min mix was ok. Rockin' but somewhat boring (just saying what I think, here). I much prefer the midnight mixes - very smooth transitions and a nice trancey feel all the way through. And first time I heard it when Without You began, it just sent a chill down my spine! I also like the harder stuff in the second hour. Good shit.

And Zonker, I listened to your Starting Over mix as well - very enjoyable. (Except for the small beeps at 1:07:45 that sounded like my pc speaker. I thought my overclocked priming session had failed only a few hours before it was done. My heart skipped a beat there). Otherwise, pretty smooth stuff :)

I like this thread :P
phlip wrote:Ha HA! Recycled emacs jokes.

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:14 am UTC

Yes Zonker's work is very professional. And very enjoyable.

I have 9 mixes now, and i think abotu 3 of them here are not linked, as they are harder songs. Like Happy Hardcore.

The midnight mixes are my most recent mixes and very much the most skilled ones i made so far. 2nd Hour anyways. I have this 1 hour long super Happy Hardcore Mix that i consider the best mix I made so far, but that's just me.

In any case I'm happy you enjoyed. It really means a lot :D

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:17 am UTC

Excuse me for the double post but I just came out with 2 new mixes. As on my Facebook/Myspace:

I did 2 live sessions today and recorded both of them. One is trance and the other is electro/house/breaks. I'd say both came out fairly well. :D. Both of them are recorded in 256 Kbps. I think I'm making that my standard Kpbs rate. I may re label these mixes. If I continue to make more I need a better way to organize them. But for now the name stays.

[Dark] Ragnarok Live at Stickam (Trance Session 001)

Duration: 1h 28m 50s
File Size: 162 Mb

Tracklisting:
01. Pink Floyd - Proper Education (Eric Prydz Club Mix)
02. Deep Dish - Say Hello (Deep Dish Club Mix)
03. ATB - Justify (Adam Nickey Remix)
04. Markus Schulz & Departure - Without You Near (Gabriel & Dresden Remix)
05. Ernesto & Bastian - Dark Side of the Moon (Original Mix)
06. Gabriel & Dresden - Tracking Treasure Down (Club Mix)
07. Mike Foyle vs. Signalrunners - Love Theme Dusk
08. Junkie XL - Mushroom
09. Bart Classen - Playmo (1st Play)
10. Interstate - Remember Me (Terry Bones Remix)
11. Ian van Dahl - Castles in the Sky (Wippenburg Club Mix)
12. TDR - Squelch (Sander van Doorn Remix)
13. Belearic Bill - Destination Sunshine (1998 Original Club Mix)
14. Armin van Buuren Feat. Jan Wayne - Serenity (Original Mix)
15. Airbase - Escape
16. Above & Beyond vs. Dogzilla - A Tri-State Without You (Frase's Introzilla Mashup)
17. Armin van Buuren vs. Tiesto - Yet Another Suburban Train (Armin van Buuren Bootleg)
18. Marco V - False Light

[Dark] Ragnarok Live at Stickam (Breaks Session 001)

Duration: 35m 38s
File Size: 65.2 Mb

Tracklisting:
01. Massive Attack Feat. Eleze - Tear Drop (Karana Unit Remix)
02. Dirty Dot - Heart of Pain (Monogato Remix)
03. Tyrrell - Lalalalalala
04. Proxy - Decoy (Original Mix)
05. Strider - Run (Tom Real Remix)
06. LFO - Freak
07. Aphex Twin - Window Licker (Kriece Remix)
08. Aphex Twin - Window Licker

ZonkerBrainless

Postby ZonkerBrainless » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:51 pm UTC

enk wrote:Ok, I've been listening some more while I'm reading for my linear algebra exam.

The 30. min mix was ok. Rockin' but somewhat boring (just saying what I think, here). I much prefer the midnight mixes - very smooth transitions and a nice trancey feel all the way through. And first time I heard it when Without You began, it just sent a chill down my spine! I also like the harder stuff in the second hour. Good shit.

And Zonker, I listened to your Starting Over mix as well - very enjoyable. (Except for the small beeps at 1:07:45 that sounded like my pc speaker. I thought my overclocked priming session had failed only a few hours before it was done. My heart skipped a beat there). Otherwise, pretty smooth stuff :)

I like this thread :P

Hey thanks!

If anyone is in DC I will be djing at the 201 Lounge on Capitol Hill this wednesday starting at midnight (rolls eyes, yeah I know). It won't be tech house though, I'll be playing funky house and some latin sounding stuff and a little Krafty Kuts and whatnot. You know, lounge stuff.

Dark Ragnarok

Re: Some Mixes (Updated June 23rd '08)

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:09 pm UTC

Recently I encouraged and even guided a friend into the realm of Djing and I have to say it's coming out splendid. I been helping him out with basics, but he has proven he has great potential. A few days ago he was doing a live set and I have to say it utterly left me speechless. It had trance, progressive, house, and even a bit of electro. I haven't heard anything that moving or soulful in so long. I'm teaching him more and more with time, but right now I want to share that spectacular set. Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome...

Dj Brustufo Live July 10th, 2008

Duration: 2h 4m 5s
Rate: 256
Size: 227 Mb

Tracklisting wrote:01. Mind X - Sensation Seekers (Martin Roth Nu-Style Remix)
02. Mango - Friday Coffee (Paul Keeley Remix)
03. Ernesto vs. Bastian - Sound of Soul (Extended Ver.)
04. Oliver Moldan & Jerome Isma-Ae - White Lobster (Original Mix)
05. Wippenberg Pres. Sphaera - Back (Original Mix)
06. Quivver - Space Manoeuvres Part 3 (Quivver's Breaks Mix)
07. Heatbeat - Push Over (Original Mix)
08. Chris Lake & Rowan Blades - Filth (Greed Is Evil Mix)
09. Vadim Soloviev Feat. Marcie - Stay With Me (Mike Foyle Remix)
10. Funabashi Pres. Saltwater - The Legacy 2.0 (Alex M.O.R.P.H.'s Big Drop Mix)
11. Wardt - Extensions
12. Mr. Sam vs. Human Resource - Dominator (Re-Ward Remix)
13. Martin Roth & Dj Eco - Tonight Is Forever (Martin Roth Edit)
14. Marco V - Any Better Or? (Original Mix)
15. Luminary - Amsterdam (Super 8 & Tab Remix)
16. Jon O' Bir - Ways and Means (Paul van Dyk Remix)
17. Sander van Doorn & S.I.A. - The Girl You Lost to Riff (Dark Light 2nd Mashup)
18. Ronski Speed - All the Way (Paul Miller Remix)
19. Mike Shiver - Morning Drive (Original Mix)
20. Leon Bolier - Ocean Drive Boulevard (Original Mix)
21. Dj Orkidea - Metaverse (Gareth Emery Remix)

A lot of you may not recognize many of these titles, but more than half of them are *really* good. Stuff you would find both on 'Ajunabeats' and 'A State of Trance'. Check it out! :D As always...

Enjoy!

Dark Ragnarok

Re: Some Mixes (Updated Sept. 21st '08)

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:15 am UTC

New Mix! [Ultralectric Showdown]

I remember a few guys were criticizing style consistency and what not, and I feel I corrected that here.

This is a new mix I been working on for about a month. It's short one but I'm comfortable enough to say I don't care if it's even (Like 30 min, 1 Hour, or 2 hour) timed mix or not. Honestly, I feel it's the best mix I've made so far in concept. It had virtually no flaws in terms of flow, I found a way to place all my songs in that I wanted to, I managed to create a good intro and outro, I sampled a bit in this mix, and there's no dead zones, or no soft spot long enough to drop the feel. The beginning and end have the same key so it makes it great for relooping. :D. Granted there are a few human mistakes like semi mis-timed drops and such, the set was fuckign solid. I love it. I think it's better than Essential Sharpnel Sounds or Midnight Mix (2nd Hour).

On a final note, this mix was heavily influenced by Digitalism style and feel. I decided to amp it up a bit and put the hardcore dial to max. To me, Digitalism is a huge role model I want to learn from because they know how to put together everything they like into one single style that is theirs alone. This is a mix that I wanted to sort of re-create that message in my own style. I also wanted to recap that bit of old school feel. 2 of the songs are old songs, and 2 of them reflect off of UK style rock, and another is a remix of a classic song. I can't say my taste in music it's terribly different from theirs, but I think it reflects off my personality where I want to push the *max* out of a song. This is *my* definition of a dance mix. I don't really care if the tracklisting seems unvaried to you. This is about as good as it gets for ultra electro sexiness, not to mention it's not cluttered with 'Justice' and whatnot. I respect the DJs and whatnot, but god *damn* they are over hyped like a motherfucker. :P. In any case, if you want music to fuck to, this is it. I think so anyhow.

Enjoy!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RWDSH3F5

Duration: 42m 27s
Size: 97.9 MB
K Rate: 320 KB (256 Coming Soon)

Tracklisting:
01. Daft Punk - Da Funk
02. World Domination vs. Adam Sky - Galactic Lover
03. Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Sebestian & Ingrosso Remix)
04. Goose - British Mode (Jester Remix)
05. Justice - Genesis (Chewy Chocolate Cookies Remix)
06. Chewy Chocolate Cookies - Profondo Rosso
07. Kylie vs. Digitalism - Can't Get Digitalism Out Of My Head (Opera Dog Mashup)
08. Chewy Chocolate Cookies - Time
09. Proxy - Dancing in the Dark
10. Digitalism - Jupiter Room
11. Robyn - Handle Me (Chewy Chocolate Cookies Psychofreakin' Dub Mix)
12. Digitalism - Pogo (Digitalism's Robotic Pogo Remix)
13. Digitalism - Idealistic
14. Digitalism - Pogo

Edit: Interesting. 14 tracks, 1400th post, and 10th mix. Figures the numbers are nice and clean for this.

peroxidecomics

Re: Some Mixes (Updated Sept 21st '08)

Postby peroxidecomics » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:44 pm UTC

I mixed this nonsense...

nostaliac notes form the 90s pt 2:

http://www.divshare.com/download/2571025-97b

superdrag ~ who sucked out the feeling
folk implosion ~ natural one
wallflowers ~ one headlight
fastball ~ the way
matthew sweet ~ sick of myself
local h ~ bound for the floor
sheryl crow ~ all I wanna do
sister hazel ~ all for you
blues traveler ~ runaround
pearl jam ~ yellow ledbetter
no doubt ~ don't speak
melissa etheridge ~ only one
everlast ~ what it's like
eels ~ novacaine for the soul
butthole surfers ~ pepper
7 mary 3 ~ cumbersome
cake ~ the distance
natalie umbruglia ~ torn
white town ~ your woman
prodigy ~ poison
lit ~ my own worst enemy
rancid ~ ruby soho

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:58 am UTC

Downloading, listening, and very much enjoying right now. I'll post more in a sec to review it. But this is def something to burn to a CD and leave in the car for future use.

EDIT:

Wow man. The tracklist is pretty damn good. Some of them made me laugh, but that's def the theme of nostalgia. I love it. Some transitions were a bit off but besides that, it was very clean, and very creative. If you don't mind, I would like to play this at the skating rink I work at, so who would I credit this to (maybe contact info as well)? Btw, what did you use to mix this?

peroxidecomics

Postby peroxidecomics » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:14 am UTC

Dark Ragnarok wrote:Downloading, listening, and very much enjoying right now. I'll post more in a sec to review it. But this is def something to burn to a CD and leave in the car for future use.

EDIT:

Wow man. The tracklist is pretty damn good. Some of them made me laugh, but that's def the theme of nostalgia. I love it. Some transitions were a bit off but besides that, it was very clean, and very creative. If you don't mind, I would like to play this at the skating rink I work at, so who would I credit this to (maybe contact info as well)? Btw, what did you use to mix this?

Hey! Thanks man I had a blast making it. I started going through youtube and billboards lists trying to come up with stuff I used to listen to on my way to/from school... I also made a part 1 to that CD, it's get-able here.

Play it all you like! As far as I'm concerned 90s alt-rock should always be played all the time everywhere by literally everyone. My DJ name is Woodman or you can just say Woody. I made the mix in Ableton Live, it's a pretty easy program once you get the hang of it, and their site lets you download a demo version for free

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:07 pm UTC

Ah got it. :D. Thanks. ^^. If you got time though I hope you can check out the "Ultralectric Showdown" Mix I made. Anyways, I wish I could have seen this mixed with turntables over Ableton. Albeton makes things almost too flawless, but at the same time, I much prefer people to use Ableton over Mixmeister. Mixmeister is even worse when it comes to automation ;P. But hey nice job :D.

Return to “Music”