Contacting Celebrity Musicians!~!

It's only cool if no one's heard of it.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Piarew

Contacting Celebrity Musicians!~!

Postby Piarew » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:40 pm UTC

Anyone know how I can get in touch with a few celebrity musicians? Specifically I'm trying to get ahold of any of the guys from Linkin Park, preferably Chester, and/or the girls of t.A.T.u. from Russia (Backstory: I listen to a lot of mashups - songs that have been severely remixed to the point of containing several songs at the same time - and think that the two bands should make a mashup album. Linkin Park already has some background in this with Jay-Z, while Tatu has a similar musical style as LP. I want to suggest that they attempt such an endeavor, as many in the US and around the world would be fascinated by such a compilation.).

Sadly, I can't google up an address or number of any kind for either group. I've spent a couple hours dedicated to this task already, but thought that perhaps some of you know better how I could reach either group.

Edit: oops, never scrolled down to notice that there's a music forum. Thanks mods.
The new kid on the block.

RealGrouchy
Nobody Misses Me As Much As Meaux.

Postby RealGrouchy » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:18 am UTC

Yeah, one of my buddies is involved with one of those groups. I just called him up. Here's how it went:

"Hey, man! How's it going?"

"Fine, what do you want?"

"Listen, this random guy on the internet wants to get in touch with your band."

"What? You're not my manager, are you?"

"No. I can't remember exactly where I saw it, but I think it was in a YouTube comment or something--"

*click*

- RG>
Jack Saladin wrote:etc., lock'd
Mighty Jalapeno wrote:At least he has the decency to REMOVE THE GAP BETWEEN HIS QUOTES....
Sungura wrote:I don't really miss him. At all. He was pretty grouchy.

Gordon
Dr. Banana
Dr. Banana

Postby Gordon » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:35 am UTC

I used to have the phone number to a guy in Alexisonfire, but I deleted it after realising how annoying it probably was that I only called him when I was drunk.

My Hobby: Harassing celebrities
Meaux_Pas wrote:
RealGrouchy wrote:I still remember the time when Gordon left. I still wake up in the middle of the night crying and screaming his name.
I do that too, but for an entirely different reason.
RealGrouchy wrote:
Gordon wrote:How long have I been asleep?!
Our daughter is in high school now.

Piarew

Postby Piarew » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:43 am UTC

I'm not sure if RealGrouchy was being sarcastic or not, but I know I lol'ed. Eh, I realize its a long-shot that what I'm asking would ever happen even if they didn't hang up before I asked them to do it. Maybe getting in touch with one of the DJes who creates mashups/"mixes" would be more likely (I already have some numbers for them), I just feel like giving the artists a chance to make it their own would be a good thing. :wink:
The new kid on the block.

Fluff
See You Next Tuesday

Postby Fluff » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:41 am UTC

Piarew wrote:I just feel like giving the artists a chance to make it their own would be a good thing. :wink:

I'm sure they'll be grateful for the chance you're giving them.

Return to “Music”