I'd like to know the name of this book/short story/comic

A slow, analog alternative to the internet

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Ginger

Re: I'd like to know the name of this book/short story/comic

Postby Ginger » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:00 am UTC

That book by the transgender woman Julia Serano about her experiences with her life and transgender women-based misogyny? I had an entire paper my therapist gave me about it and then lost it.
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.

Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:28 pm UTC

Changes its form depending on the observer.

Ginger

Postby Ginger » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:38 pm UTC

Yes-Yes thank you Deva. <3
Amy Lee wrote:Just what we all need... more lies about a world that never was and never will be.

Azula to Long Feng wrote:Don't flatter yourself, you were never even a player.

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:25 am UTC

Alien invasion (bodysnatch dealie), the protagonist falls in with a crowd of aliens who are the resistance, and they communicate with each other through a black star on their palms. Or that's how they know who the others are, or something. At one point near the end they sing Hey Jude in a car.

My fiancée apparently read this when she was 9 or 10, and she's never been able to find it. But it would have been in a school library for 9-11-year-olds in 2001, in Britain.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

Deva
Has suggestions for the murderers out there.

Postby Deva » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:01 pm UTC

Memoirs of a Dangerous Alien or Alien Collective 1: Resistance?

Memoirs Description wrote:Dominic is a normal teenager living in the 21st century until he meets Fenella, the alien next door. To Fenella, Dominic is the alien, and when he is caught up in the fight between the UCP and the outlawed Black Star Gang, he becomes a dangerous alien with a mission to save Earth from destruction.

Published it in 1994, also.

Alien Collective Description wrote:Strange things are happening on Earth after aliens take over, claiming they have come to aid humans in saving the planet. While governments across the globe cooperate with the aliens, other groups have formed a Resistance to fight the alien occupation. What are the aliens' intentions? Have they truly come to help? Alien Collective I: Resistance is an action-filled story of one girl's experience when she finds herself in the custody of these beings from outer space. The book can also be used to teach students how to make inferences and draw conclusions, and to identify past-tense verbs. The book and lesson are also available for levels Z1 and Z2.

Presumes this to be too new. Discovered little information about it, however.

Sidenote: Found a similar request. Never answered it, unfortunately.
Changes its form depending on the observer.

Kewangji
Has Been Touched

Postby Kewangji » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:25 pm UTC

That's the one! (The first one.) Thank you so very much, she's been looking for this for years.
If you like my words sign up for my newsletter, Airport Tattoo Parlour: https://tinyletter.com/distantstations

The Great Hippo wrote:Nuclear bombs are like potato chips, you can't stop after just *one*

Return to “Books”