Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

MysticalChicken

Re: Books that made you cry

Postby MysticalChicken » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:29 am UTC

ironypoisoning wrote:
MysticalChicken wrote:Anne of Green Gables -- when
Spoiler:
Matthew dies.
(Actually there's at least one part in almost every L.M. Montgomery book I've read that will make me cry. I don't feel like listing them all.)

Amen, sister. Do you remember any one that didn't make you cry? I bawled like a baby through the Emily books, Jane of Lantern Hill, The Blue Castle (buckets were filled)... and all the short stories, I swear.

During Rilla of Ingleside (my favorite of the Anne series) I will always weep pretty much uncontrollably at the end of the chapters "Little Dog Monday Knows" and the entirety of "And So, Goodnight." And in about half a dozen other places in that book. Hell, I'm tearing up right now, and I haven't read that book in several months (although I think it's the Montgomery book I've read the most. I know I've read it at least fifteen times). I'm currently re-reading the Emily trilogy, and the first time I read
Spoiler:
the part where Emily is sick and "sees" what happened to Ilse's mother, and screams "I see her coming over the fields," ... "She is coming so gladly--she is singing--she is thinking of her baby--oh, keep her back--keep her back--she doesn't see the well--it's so dark she doesn't see it--oh, she's gone into it--she's gone into it!"
, I was sobbing and hyperventilating.

sem

Postby sem » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:07 am UTC

Songmaster by Orson Scott Card This is a very intense book

Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean Auel
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.
George Carlin

vellumwing

Postby vellumwing » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:01 am UTC

i'm a pretty emotional guy and can pretty much identify with crying/tearing up at many of the moments in books people mention here...specifically when in the amber spyglass
Spoiler:
hester and lee die and are reunited
, a couple moments in the ender series, the end of the sandman, a couple parts in american gods by neil gaiman, a couple parts in the chronicles of narnia, the five people you meet in heaven, many parts in the kite runner, wicked, and a couple more that i'm forgetting.

has anyone here read diane duane's young wizards series? i was obsessed with them when i was younger. i just thought the idea of timeheart was so beautiful, and i cried/teared up at the ends of "deep wizardry" and "the wizard's dilemma".

also, the movies pan's labyrinth and the orphanage made me an emotional wreck...or at least the orphanage would have if i wasn't surrounded by at least seven guys that all went to my all-male school haha. has anyone here seen the fountain? that movie made me bawl for hours. the themes in it were just amazing.

Rowsdower

Postby Rowsdower » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:04 am UTC

Quixotess wrote:If you've almost cried already (probably when Fantine got arrested, eh?), you will definitely cry by the time it's over. Just when you think you're safe, that ending sucker-punches you.

Yeah, and when she
Spoiler:
died.
And when Valjean stole the candlesticks from that dude who's name I can't remember because it's been too long since I've read it, and the dude lied to cover up for him. And when Fantine got her teeth removed to feed her kid, (and then we found out the family used the money selfishly. Dangit, I HATE those people). I'll stop now. Don't want to start crying.

It's just so........ miserable?

Whatev. It's a great book.

EDIT:

I finished it last night. And sobbed through the entire last part. I had guessed he would die though. I guess after you read 1463 pages about someone, you sort of get attached to them. Crap. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. *struggles to get emotions under control* It was just so.......beautiful and sad and uplifting all at the same time. *sigh* Good stuff.
On a happier note, I think I've found a new favorite book.
Image Save the dragon! Clickie!

raptor.fortress

Postby raptor.fortress » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:01 am UTC

A Farewell to Arms,

Hemingway.

the ending is a sad one.
There is no friend as loyal as a book.
- Ernest Hemingway.

MSTR

Postby MSTR » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:27 pm UTC

I haven't come across a sadder, more devastating book than Taylor Caldwell's "Captians and the Kings"

The whole book is a story of tragedy.
"You make forgetting look so easy" - xkcd
I just wondered, is this writing blue or white?

Snicklefrits

Postby Snicklefrits » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:27 pm UTC

The Awakening by Kate Chopin gets me every time I read it.

ROFLmyZygote

Postby ROFLmyZygote » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:55 pm UTC

I don't know whether on not this has yet to be said, but I bawled at the end of Hemingway's "A Farewell to Arms." Just that last line; the simplicity and fatalism with which Hemingway states Tenente's (so I don't remember his real name,sue me) resignation coexisting with his denial... Shit, this post ends here or I'll start crying again. I'm not sure if this counts-- in fact I'm almost entirely sure it doesn't-- but when I read the lyrics to Porcupine Tree's Heart Attack in a Layby aloud to my girlfriend I burst out crying.

EDIT: Wow, I just read the post two above mine. I feel foolish.

Mzyxptlk

Postby Mzyxptlk » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:51 pm UTC

I cry pretty easily when reading books or watching movies, but one that particularly comes to mind is The Voyage Out by Virginia Woolf.

Spoiler:
When Rachel dies. Man, I bawled. And again when I re-read it an hour later.
"Once upon a time, an infinite number of people lived perfect, blissful, eternal lives."

Madame Sourire

Postby Madame Sourire » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:43 pm UTC

I cried at The Water Babies, when I was nine.
I always cry every time I read Noughts and Crosses, by Malorie Blackman, especially at the end.
I often cry at the Bible.

And I cried during Prince Caspian, which is most embarassing of all because it isn't even sad.
"Left handed toilet paper?"

"You know that Google has been worth it these past ten years, because the answer to everything is no longer 42. The answer to everything is now 'google it'."

Rowsdower

Postby Rowsdower » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:14 pm UTC

Madame Sourire wrote:I often cry at the Bible.

I've never found the Bible to be that emotional. I always thought of it as History...

And I cried during Prince Caspian, which is most embarassing of all because it isn't even sad.

Movie or book? Oh wait, this is the book thread. I'm stupid. :roll:

What part?

I very nearly cried at the end of the Last Battle, when I re-read it a little while ago....

Madame Sourire

Postby Madame Sourire » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:53 pm UTC

I cry at the Bible when I don't understand.

And it was actually the film of PC I cried at, even though this is the book section. :mrgreen:
"Left handed toilet paper?"

"You know that Google has been worth it these past ten years, because the answer to everything is no longer 42. The answer to everything is now 'google it'."

smw543

Postby smw543 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:08 pm UTC

Maybe I'm the only one, but I cried the first time I read Frankenstein circa age 12. I probably would have cried when I reread it for a class a couple months ago at age 20 if I wasn't prepared. The part that got me specifically was the scene with De Lacey, where he (the monster, though I prefer Percy Shelley's suggested term "the Being") so desperately reaches out. It's not even about being loved, he understands that will proabably never happen. He just wants to be accepted, for people to look at him without cowering in fear and disgust. He studies De Lacey and his family for months, longing in agony to approach them, but knowing he isn't ready. He knows this is his only chance, if he fails, all hope is lost; if these people, who have shown such a tremendous capacity for sympathy, cannot accept him, no one can. One day, while the others are out, he presents himself to De Lacey, who, because he is blind, thinks nothing immediately unusual about him and listens to his plea. The old man agrees to help him, just as the others (his daughter, his son, and his son's fiancée) near the cottage. Hearing this, he grabs De Lacey's hand and begs, "Now is the time! - save and protect me! (...) Do not desert me in the hour of trial!" The door opens, and the son, seeing this monster at his father's feet, darts forward and tears him away, then beats him violently with a stick. As the Being puts it, "I could have torn him limb from limb (...) But my heart sunk within me as with bitter sickness, and I refrained." The Being easily escapes, and goes on to curse his existence, he later questions why he didn't commit suicide then and there, but even still he has mercy on the inhabitants of the cottage. Even this long explanation doesn't do it justice, but you can get the idea.

What really gets me, though, are some pieces of my own writing. Like any good artist, I take the suffering in my life and apply it to my art. Every time I draw inspiration from darker times, it's like picking at the wound; but that's what being a writer is about. I can't even imagine what it was like for Keats or Poe, writing about how everyone they loved kept dying from TB.
Spoiler:
LE4dGOLEM wrote:Now you know the difference between funny and sad.
Ubik wrote:But I'm too fond of the penis to let it go.
gmalivuk wrote:If you didn't want people to 'mis'understand you, then you probably should have tried saying something less stupid.

fransisco4

Postby fransisco4 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:23 am UTC

Arancaytar wrote:
wittyknee wrote:
Spoiler:
Whenever Severus Snape dies.

... I thought that only happened once.

--

Spoiler:
Also, Clarisse in Fahrenheit 451.

Please use spoilers :cry:

On topic: LotR:
Spoiler:
one tear when Thoden died and another one when Merry says he will never smoke again. I really liked that guy

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:55 am UTC

This is kind of a horrible thread. Q-Q
raptor.fortress wrote:A Farewell to Arms,

Hemingway.

the ending is a sad one.

Ah, that was a bleak one. The ending is so...
Spoiler:
Everyone died, the end.
I think the Old Man and the Sea was a little worse for me.

I must have posted here last before I read Slaughterhouse 5. I can still just about get all teary with just
Spoiler:
Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt

Maybe I'm just weird or sensitive, but The Catcher in the Rye got me pretty good too.
So did The Great Gatsby. (Plus it's a little extra heart breaking to see people complain about them. )

anouk

Postby anouk » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:30 pm UTC

The Outsider by Camus anyone? I cried when he
Spoiler:
got angry at the priest or something, I can't remember what really happened though... *google* Ah, yes, he is in prison, the priest comes in and then he pretty much rejects God, and realises that the universe is indifferent to human kind.
It wasn't a sad cry, but I can't remember what it was, I really need to read that book again though...
Someone say something funny please, I need a new signature.

Alder

Postby Alder » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:19 pm UTC

MysticalChicken wrote:
ironypoisoning wrote:
MysticalChicken wrote:Anne of Green Gables -- when
Spoiler:
Matthew dies.
(Actually there's at least one part in almost every L.M. Montgomery book I've read that will make me cry. I don't feel like listing them all.)

Amen, sister. Do you remember any one that didn't make you cry? I bawled like a baby through the Emily books, Jane of Lantern Hill, The Blue Castle (buckets were filled)... and all the short stories, I swear.

During Rilla of Ingleside (my favorite of the Anne series) I will always weep pretty much uncontrollably at the end of the chapters "Little Dog Monday Knows" and the entirety of "And So, Goodnight." And in about half a dozen other places in that book. Hell, I'm tearing up right now, and I haven't read that book in several months (although I think it's the Montgomery book I've read the most. I know I've read it at least fifteen times). I'm currently re-reading the Emily trilogy, and the first time I read
Spoiler:
the part where Emily is sick and "sees" what happened to Ilse's mother, and screams "I see her coming over the fields," ... "She is coming so gladly--she is singing--she is thinking of her baby--oh, keep her back--keep her back--she doesn't see the well--it's so dark she doesn't see it--oh, she's gone into it--she's gone into it!"
, I was sobbing and hyperventilating.

Ah! So true!

I need to be sure to drink lots of fluids if I'm reading one of the books of short stories, 'cause every single one will make me cry at least once, and then I get dehydrated...

The Blue Castle. Possibly my favourite book ever. Not necessarily the best, but best loved. :)
Plasma Man wrote:I might have to get rid of some of my breadbins.

Kulantan wrote:I feel a great disturbance in the Fora, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and then kinda trailed off to a grumble.

Mineral Rabbit

Postby Mineral Rabbit » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:48 pm UTC

I cried the first time I read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. ^-^ (Probably cried in books 5, 6 and 7 too, but I don't remember.)
Stravaganza-City of Masks
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - the book was so sad, much sadder than the film, and my mother (who is like a rock) burst into tears and I had to comfort her for about 10 minutes. Weird.
Illustrated Mum - I'm going to fully admit that I cried at a Jaqueline Wilson book when I was eleven. And so did my mother. And so did her mother.

I'm sure I cried at lots of books during my teenage years that I wouldn't cry at now if I could be bothered to read them again.
~I sing therefore I am~

leslieseviltwin

Postby leslieseviltwin » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:56 am UTC

bbctol wrote:Flowers for Algernon. I broke down crying. The ending is just so sad.

The drama club in high school did this as a play. I didn't know there was a book...I want to read that now.

I'm kind of weird and don't cry at books, but the two closest times were:

A book called Obasan, about the Japanese canadians during the second world war. It was kind of hard to get into the story but some of the characters did some pretty sad things.

In Harry Potter 7 when a certain character dies.
Spoiler:
I had specifically said she wouldn't kill off one of the twins without killing off the other.
I stared at it for a while and had to reread it again. and it seemed poetically written, almost.

Rowsdower wrote:
Quixotess wrote:If you've almost cried already (probably when Fantine got arrested, eh?), you will definitely cry by the time it's over. Just when you think you're safe, that ending sucker-punches you.

Yeah, and when she
Spoiler:
died.
And when Valjean stole the candlesticks from that dude who's name I can't remember because it's been too long since I've read it, and the dude lied to cover up for him. And when Fantine got her teeth removed to feed her kid, (and then we found out the family used the money selfishly. Dangit, I HATE those people). I'll stop now. Don't want to start crying.

We read excerpts of that in french class. It took me a while to get into it because I had the mindset that "it couldn't be good if it was for school" but eventually I thought it was sad. But I expected it to be sad (with a name like Les Miserables!)

Malice

Postby Malice » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:01 am UTC

__jess wrote:A long long time before I read any of those I stumbled onto a book of short stories. I remember one of them very clearly as the most terrifying thing I'd come across at the time. I have no idea who it was by, but it was about a child who learns hypnosis and then does a whole lot of really horrible things. I'm not going to look it up, just thinking about it makes me feel physically sick. I have no idea why I was reading it (I like horror, but I must have only been 9 or 10) but it (along with the Thomas Covenant series, hee hee) is one of the only things I wish I had never read.

I'm almost positive you're talking about Peter Straub's collection, "Houses Without Doors". I believe the story itself is called "Blue Rose". I agree, it's incredibly horrific. I'd suggest going back to the collection, nonetheless, because it contains one of the finest short stories I've ever read, called "A Short Guide to the City." It's powerfully effective, but not in a "oh my god why won't the pain stop" way that "Blue Rose" is.

Somebody mentioned Catcher in the Rye. The ending never fails to get me going.

Ashi

Postby Ashi » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:48 pm UTC

Thinking about it, I cry pretty easily for books. And I feel silly doing it.

Harry Potter, 5-7, when
Spoiler:
Sirius, Dumbledore and Dobby die, and Harry goes to die.

My Sister's Keeper

To Kill A Mockingbird, when
Spoiler:
Atticus is talking to Scout's uncle (I think?) and talking about how Jem and Scout will need to be strong for what is to come, then makes her go to sleep after she's heard what he said.

A Tale of Two Cities, when
Spoiler:
I realized Sydney Carton was going to sacrifice himself.
BomanTheBear wrote:Do not go looking for the stupidest thing ever said on the internets.

You might find it. Then it will be too late to help you.

Rowsdower

Postby Rowsdower » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:56 pm UTC

leslieseviltwin wrote:
Rowsdower wrote:

Yeah, and when she
Spoiler:
died.

We read excerpts of that in french class. It took me a while to get into it because I had the mindset that "it couldn't be good if it was for school" but eventually I thought it was sad. But I expected it to be sad (with a name like Les Miserables!)

I told myself going into it that I would NOT break down sobbing. I told myself that it was just a story, and it didn't happen, and.... Then I finished it, and
Spoiler:
Valjean was dying....
and that about killed me. But after 1400+ pages with a character, you start to like them.... :cry:

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:59 am UTC

Malice wrote:Somebody mentioned Catcher in the Rye. The ending never fails to get me going.

The part that explains the title, right after the story about James Castle, that got me worse. But yeah, the ending too.

joeframbach

Postby joeframbach » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:06 am UTC

cephalopod9 wrote:
Malice wrote:Somebody mentioned Catcher in the Rye. The ending never fails to get me going.

The part that explains the title, right after the story about James Castle, that got me worse. But yeah, the ending too.

I even miss that goddamn Maurice.

drewster1829

Postby drewster1829 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:52 am UTC

Sorry for digging this thread up, but:

Quixotess wrote:I always cry at the end of Les Mis. The intense sense of loss and betrayal I always feel when Valjean stops visiting Cosette, when his walks get shorter and shorter, is suddenly followed up by that climax of redemption, and the combination is just too much for me.

Ditto. This is easily my favorite book, and I cannot get to the end without crying. Les Miserables affects me more than any other book ever has, and probably ever will. It's actually the only book which has brought me to tears.
"Distrust your judgment the moment you can discern the shadow of a personal motive in it."
-- Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

cephalopod9

Postby cephalopod9 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:19 am UTC

joeframbach wrote:
cephalopod9 wrote:

I even miss that goddamn Maurice.

I can't tell if this is funny or sad.

Cherry Kiss
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby Cherry Kiss » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:07 pm UTC

Seriously if you haven't read the book A Child Called It, then you should do it now. Its a short book that you can prob read in one sitting. Its really sad but you will feel like a better person after reading it. It teaches you a lot.

Also, Harry Potter 5 and 7 made me cry
Spoiler:
Sirius and Remus were my favorites. Damn you to hell for killing them!
What they call love is a risk,
'Cause you will always get hit
Out of nowhere by some wave
And end up on your own.

Affableprechaun

Postby Affableprechaun » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:32 pm UTC

Cherry Kiss wrote:Also, Harry Potter 5 and 7 made me cry
Spoiler:
Sirius and Remus were my favorites. Damn you to hell for killing them!

Me as well, however, at a different time for book 7.
Spoiler:
Oh come on, those books came out years ago, we don't need spoiler tags! Anyways, Sirius was my favorite and I cried like a little girl. I cried in book 7 when Dobby died. She wrote that scene beautifully. So beautifully.

Phill

Postby Phill » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:20 pm UTC

One book which made me cry (well, not actually cry but feel pretty emotional) is "Peace Like a River" by Leif Enger.

Spent most of the book thinking "morally speaking, there is no way out of this situation" - but the ending was quite powerful.

ohnoesmilk

Postby ohnoesmilk » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:50 pm UTC

The first book to make me cry: Martin the Warrior.

When Rose died, a part of me died with her. ;_;
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks?
<TheXPhial> vaccuums
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks in a metaphorical sense?
<TheXPhial> black holes
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what just isn't cool?
<TheXPhial> lava?

chewey

Postby chewey » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:28 pm UTC

The Power Of One

Am i the only who who was depressed when
Spoiler:
Rasputin died saving peekay in the mines?

i thought that The Power Of One would be way up there but i guess not.

Rowsdower

Postby Rowsdower » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:10 pm UTC

The Last Day of a Condemned Man nearly had me going.
Especially at how his daughter didn't recognize him.

And the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Particuarly this quote:

Women laughed and cried, the crowd stamped with enthusiasm, for at this moment Quasimodo had a beauty of his own.Verily, this orphan, this foundling, this outcast, was wonderful to look upon: he felt himself august in his strength; he looked that society from which he was banished, and against whose plans he had so forcefully intervened, squarely in the face; he boldly defied that human justice from which he had just snatched its prey, all these tigers now forced to gnash their empty jaws, these myrmidons of the law, these judges, these executioners—this whole force of the King which he, the meanest of his subjects, had set at naught by the force of God.
Then, too, how affecting was this protection offered by a creature so misshapen to one so unfortunate—a girl condemned to death, save by Quasimodo!—

Darn you, Victor Hugo.

Senefen

Postby Senefen » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:42 am UTC

Never cried in a book or movie.
The closest was Checkers by John Marsden.
Spoiler:
He kills the dog! The father stabs it to death! WTF! I can't remember details but remember being hugely depressed

Almost in a manga too
Full Moon wo Sasgashite by Arina T-something.
Spoiler:
Eichi has been dead the whole time, Mitsuki knew, which is why she doesn't try to fight her oncoming death. She only reason she doesn't kill herself is because her parents died getting her mother to the hospital when she was born and she feels she can't throw away that gift.
ImageImageImageImageImage

annals

Postby annals » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:32 am UTC

Watchmen, twice, first when
Spoiler:
Hollis dies
and again when
Spoiler:
Jon gives his speech about the value of human life.

I also cry at the end of the story of the Prodigal Son: the resentment and frustration of the older brother when he realizes that the younger has been accepted and welcomed back unconditionally strikes a chord for someone who tends be the careful/responsible type.

Palomides

Postby Palomides » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:41 am UTC

annals wrote:Watchmen, twice, first when
Spoiler:
Hollis dies
and again when
Spoiler:
Jon gives his speech about the value of human life.

I cried during Watchmen too, but I did when
Spoiler:
Rorschach says, "No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise," walks out, tells Dr. Manhattan that he'll have to kill him. And then he blows him the f*ck up. He was the only character in the story who really succeeded in being more than human. And they killed him, because that was the only way it could work out.
Well, I was in shock first, but I did cry a little.

Everyone cried during HP7, right? Oh. Me neither >_>
don't raep the forum noob S:
serious kudos to anyone who successfully finds the sauce of my avatar
(I do know the sauce, I just want to see if anyone else does)

Noa

Postby Noa » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:24 am UTC

drewster1829 wrote:Sorry for digging this thread up, but:

Quixotess wrote:I always cry at the end of Les Mis. The intense sense of loss and betrayal I always feel when Valjean stops visiting Cosette, when his walks get shorter and shorter, is suddenly followed up by that climax of redemption, and the combination is just too much for me.

Ditto. This is easily my favorite book, and I cannot get to the end without crying. Les Miserables affects me more than any other book ever has, and probably ever will. It's actually the only book which has brought me to tears.

I actually just finished this book this morning. I've been desperately trying to read it for a year now but I'm so busy I never had time to finish it. I finally decided I wasn't going to move from my chair until it was done. I was so drawn into it and nearing the end when my roommates stormed in and killed the mood. I tried unsuccessfully to make them shut up so now I feel like I was cheated out of the emotional clout of the ending. T^T I am still angry!!

In other news, where the Red Fern Grows did make me cry. My first pet hamster died the day before so I was still very emotional!!
Don't do nothing because you can't do everything. Do something. Anything!"
~Colleen Patrick-Goudreau

ohnoesmilk

Postby ohnoesmilk » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:36 pm UTC

Senefen wrote:Almost in a manga too
Full Moon wo Sasgashite by Arina T-something.
Spoiler:
Eichi has been dead the whole time, Mitsuki knew, which is why she doesn't try to fight her oncoming death. She only reason she doesn't kill herself is because her parents died getting her mother to the hospital when she was born and she feels she can't throw away that gift.

Oh man, I cried sooooo much during that series. ;___;
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks?
<TheXPhial> vaccuums
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks in a metaphorical sense?
<TheXPhial> black holes
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what just isn't cool?
<TheXPhial> lava?

someguy

Postby someguy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:51 am UTC

I...

I got a bit misty-eyed in the subway yesterday, reading Jack London's Call of the Wild. And I'm one of those people who don't even cry at funerals.

Spoiler:
The scene in which Dave the dog dies just did me in.
aleflamedyud wrote:Plenty of people have confidence without any base of actual virtue or accomplishment beneath it. We call these people "douchebags".

cheesemonkey

Postby cheesemonkey » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:33 pm UTC

end of assassin's quest where

Spoiler:
where it just isnt how its supposed to be!!!! he's supposed to have found the elderlings and rescued them all and fitz is happy and everything!!! I blubbed in frustration for him

steewi

Postby steewi » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:29 am UTC

cheesemonkey wrote:end of assassin's quest where

Spoiler:
where it just isnt how its supposed to be!!!! he's supposed to have found the elderlings and rescued them all and fitz is happy and everything!!! I blubbed in frustration for him

The end of Fool's Fate was worse for me, where
Spoiler:
the Fool leaves him, and that beautiful poem, and then those last three words of all that build up: "I am content." *cries*

Return to “Books”