What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

A slow, analog alternative to the internet

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

User avatar
I Zimbra
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:58 am UTC
Location: Mad City, WI

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby I Zimbra » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:42 pm UTC

I just finished Ender's Game because a Lady told me to read it. It was good, but nothing earth-shattering. The Valentine/Peter portions of the book seemed unnecessary. Before that I read Tim Powers' Earthquake Weather which was batshit insane. I thought the characters were well written and it had a compelling story. I also read Gorky Park which was entertaining pulp.
Up Next: Remains of the Day. I love me some Ishiguro.
Take your play seriously

User avatar
Narsil
Ask me about my junk!
Posts: 2995
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:59 pm UTC
Location: Columbus.

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby Narsil » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:03 pm UTC

Rodan wrote:dang it Narsil, you just reminded me of so many things I should read.

If you haven't read American Gods yet, do. Now. It's spectacular. The pseudo companion novel/character sequel Anansi Boys is good too, but it has more in common with Good Omens than Gods. Anansi Boys is a comedy (with some genuinely creepy aspects), while American Gods is an epic tragedy.
Spoiler:
EsotericWombat wrote:MORE JUNK THAN YOUR BODY HAS ROOM FOR

Mother Superior wrote:What's he got that I dont?
*sees Narsil's sig*
Oh... that.

User avatar
bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title
Posts: 7461
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:29 pm UTC
Location: Airstrip One

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby bigglesworth » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:18 pm UTC

I Zimbra wrote:I just finished Ender's Game because a Lady told me to read it. It was good, but nothing earth-shattering. The Valentine/Peter portions of the book seemed unnecessary.


Really? They may or may not have been necessary for the story but I really enjoyed them.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

User avatar
MotorToad
Really Repeatedly Redundantly Redundant
Posts: 1114
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:09 pm UTC
Location: Saint Joseph, CA
Contact:

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby MotorToad » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:36 pm UTC

ATM I'm rereading Red Rabbit by Tom Clancy. I need to go buy books. I've recently finished Slaughterhouse V which was the first I've read by Vonnegut, but not the last! Also I found, get this, Terry Pratchett's second ever (or maybe third) book in a used store and really enjoyed that. Strata. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strata_%28novel%29 Read it if you can find it.
What did you bring the book I didn't want read out of up for?
"MAN YOUR WAY TO ANAL!" (An actual quote from another forum. Only four small errors from making sense.)

User avatar
I Zimbra
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:58 am UTC
Location: Mad City, WI

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby I Zimbra » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:12 am UTC

bigglesworth wrote:
I Zimbra wrote:I just finished Ender's Game because a Lady told me to read it. It was good, but nothing earth-shattering. The Valentine/Peter portions of the book seemed unnecessary.


Really? They may or may not have been necessary for the story but I really enjoyed them.


My beef with them was twofold. I never felt like I was given a reason to care about their characters, except that they were related to ender, and there was no payoff at the end, as Val bails on the whole thing and goes into space. It just felt like "we are now interrupting your regular book to talk about politics."
Take your play seriously

User avatar
Shadow Tyrant
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:13 am UTC
Location: Somewhere cliche and no longer funny.
Contact:

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby Shadow Tyrant » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:41 am UTC

I'm about 3/4 the way through Book Eight of the Pendragon series. I don't know if anyone here has ever read any of the books, but if you haven't I highly recommend you go out and pick up Book One: The Merchant of Death. It's one of [if not the] most well thought out and intricate story lines I've ever read. Everything about this series is amazing, from the cliffhangers at the end of each chapter, right down to the typo on page 290. There's enough plot twists in this story to keep even the smartest person guessing until the very end. I even said "Oh fuck" out loud once. I've never done that with a book before.
The series isn't finished yet. There's one or two more books yet to be written, but at the rate that this plot keeps thickening, the ending is going to be one of the most spectacular things ever written.

The author is D.J. MacHale [Creator of Are You Afraid of the Dark and Ghostwriter], so if you liked those, you should definitely check it out. Even if you didn't, you probably should, because this is one amazing piece of literature.

EDIT: And to anyone that thinks "Man, that's just some stupid kids book", you're wrong. There's plenty of death, pain, and sex references. And the vocabulary level is pretty high, too. I doubt anyone under 12 could even comprehend half of what's going on. [Though the main character is 18-19 years old.]
Image
Trade your old video games for new ones with Goozex!

User avatar
Rodan
Any title.
Posts: 1846
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 pm UTC
Location: Eastern Standard Time

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby Rodan » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:31 pm UTC

I just finished Watership Down, and now I'm reading the new Scott Adams book, Stick To Drawing Comics, Monkeybrain!

User avatar
Narsil
Ask me about my junk!
Posts: 2995
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:59 pm UTC
Location: Columbus.

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby Narsil » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:13 pm UTC

I Zimbra wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:
I Zimbra wrote:I just finished Ender's Game because a Lady told me to read it. It was good, but nothing earth-shattering. The Valentine/Peter portions of the book seemed unnecessary.


Really? They may or may not have been necessary for the story but I really enjoyed them.


My beef with them was twofold. I never felt like I was given a reason to care about their characters, except that they were related to ender, and there was no payoff at the end, as Val bails on the whole thing and goes into space. It just felt like "we are now interrupting your regular book to talk about politics."

I think they were there to serve as a comparison to Ender. Maybe I found more meaning in it because it reminds me of how my brothers and I are.

Also, the part with Ender returning home and spending time with Valentine would not have made sense otherwise and that was a key part of the story.
Spoiler:
EsotericWombat wrote:MORE JUNK THAN YOUR BODY HAS ROOM FOR

Mother Superior wrote:What's he got that I dont?
*sees Narsil's sig*
Oh... that.

User avatar
pKp
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:17 pm UTC

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby pKp » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:10 am UTC

Just finished re-reading (actually re^8-reading) the LOTR, I am currently re^6 attacking the Dune cycle.
I have recently read Hunters of Dune, wich is Brian Herbert's attempt to write the fabled Dune 6 (using his father's notes). It is actually, uhh, actually not that bad ; pretty good, in fact. I was agreeably disappointed :D
Experience is a thing you can't have for nothing - Oscar wilde

User avatar
Simius
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:17 pm UTC
Location: Vancouver

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby Simius » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:45 pm UTC

pKp wrote:Just finished re-reading (actually re^8-reading) the LOTR, I am currently re^6 attacking the Dune cycle.
I have recently read Hunters of Dune, wich is Brian Herbert's attempt to write the fabled Dune 6 (using his father's notes). It is actually, uhh, actually not that bad ; pretty good, in fact. I was agreeably disappointed :D


I agree. Actually I quite liked it, even though (perhaps because of?) I hadn't read the previous Dune books in years. Sandworms of Dune is still on my to-read list, after Terry Pratchett's 'Making Money'.

Currently I'm reading "The System of the World", the last book in Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle trilogy. It's not particularly great, but as a historical novel it's a nice variation from all the fantasy I've been reading lately.

User avatar
FoS
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:46 pm UTC

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby FoS » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:41 am UTC

Making Money was ok. It had it good parts but nothing spectacular.
"...working as intended"
Oomkin Druid - Sylvanas EU

User avatar
lesliesage
Posts: 1729
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 8:07 pm UTC
Location: Washington, DC
Contact:

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby lesliesage » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:23 am UTC

I'm reading Intuitive Biostatistics.

Yeah.

Cassi
Posts: 1950
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:53 pm UTC
Location: England.

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby Cassi » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:42 pm UTC

I'm back on Xenocide. I reread Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead about a month ago, but got distracted by new books, and have only now decided to get around to finishing off my rereading. (Even when I'm rereading books, I dislike stopping partway through a series. I'm not sure why.) I'm actually liking it quite a bit more this time around, though it'll never come close to either of the first two...
une see wrote:Cass, YOU are my favorite!

User avatar
bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title
Posts: 7461
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:29 pm UTC
Location: Airstrip One

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby bigglesworth » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:01 pm UTC

lesliesage wrote:I'm reading Intuitive Biostatistics.

Yeah.


And is it intuitive?

I'm currently re-reading Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle. I love mine, the second one I bought in Shakespeare and Co. , so it has a lovely plate.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

User avatar
JoseB
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:34 pm UTC
Location: Voorburg, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby JoseB » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:06 pm UTC

I am currently reading "HALTING STATE" by Charles Stross.

Great novel, very absorbing and quite plausible (it is set in the near future, 2017).

I personally recommend it!

Just my 2 eurocent!
JoseB
====================================
NOBODY expects the SPANISH INQUISITION!

L'Emmerdeur
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:37 pm UTC
Location: Ireland

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby L'Emmerdeur » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:02 am UTC

The Thousandfold Thought by R. Scott Bakker, fairly interesting fantasy apart from the sex-scenes which are so laughably bad. Fatal Revenant by Stephen Donaldson, after the greatness of the first two Thomas Covenant Sagas, I was expecting a lot from the last one. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case as he throws plotline after plotline into the mix til it becomes a jumbled mess of boredom.

User avatar
CorranH
A-dork-able
Posts: 1514
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:43 am UTC
Location: Stockton, CA
Contact:

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby CorranH » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:37 am UTC

I seem to be on a mini-Heinlein kick right now. I just finished The Moon is a Harsh Mistress for the first time a couple days ago (amazing), and now I'm reading The Cat Who Walked Through Walls. Almost done, actually. It is also very good.
It's a muon, you cunt - Robin Williams

User avatar
Shizo
Posts: 736
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:12 am UTC
Location: almost-Canada
Contact:

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby Shizo » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:37 am UTC

I'm currently reading Finnegans Wake by James Joyce. I'm not too far into it yet. I have to look up what certain words mean a lot. Most of the time it's two words of a different language mashed together or something of that nature.

"The most colossal leg pull in literature since Macpherson's Ossian." "A 600-page crossword clue, whose answer is 'The'." :lol:
Image

Masuri
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:23 pm UTC

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby Masuri » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:43 am UTC

CorranH wrote:I seem to be on a mini-Heinlein kick right now. I just finished The Moon is a Harsh Mistress for the first time a couple days ago (amazing), and now I'm reading The Cat Who Walked Through Walls. Almost done, actually. It is also very good.


Sweet! I am halfway through re-reading I Will Fear No Evil. It's my favorite Heinlein book, hands down.

User avatar
CorranH
A-dork-able
Posts: 1514
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:43 am UTC
Location: Stockton, CA
Contact:

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby CorranH » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:58 pm UTC

Masuri wrote:
CorranH wrote:I seem to be on a mini-Heinlein kick right now. I just finished The Moon is a Harsh Mistress for the first time a couple days ago (amazing), and now I'm reading The Cat Who Walked Through Walls. Almost done, actually. It is also very good.


Sweet! I am halfway through re-reading I Will Fear No Evil. It's my favorite Heinlein book, hands down.


Really? Odd. I actually just finished reading that, too. Shortly before The Moon is a Harsh Mistress. I actually didn't care for it that much. I mean, yeah, it was good an all, but it just seemed kind of pointless. I don't know, I can't really put my finger on it. But it was far from my favorite. In fact, come to think of it, I'd probably say it was my least favorite Heinlein book. My favorite would probably have to be either Time Enough for Love, or The Moon is a Harsh Mistress. Revolt in 2100 and Methuselah's Children were pretty good too, I just read those recently too. And I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for my first Heinlein book, Starship Troopers.
It's a muon, you cunt - Robin Williams

User avatar
Aleril
Le Rail
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:06 pm UTC
Location: Don't make me slap you.

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby Aleril » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:57 am UTC

Looking to read the Federalist papers, as Barnes and Noble have it for a good price, and then either The Metamorphosis or The Rebel.
Image

User avatar
pollywog
Let's party like it's my postcount
Posts: 1999
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 10:10 am UTC
Location: Coolest little capital in the world
Contact:

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby pollywog » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:50 am UTC

The Woodland Way, Alvin Journeyman by Orson Scott Card, The Gaia Atlas of the World by Lovelock, Shadowplay by Tad Williams, Lake Wobegon Days by Garrison Keillor. Also various textbooks for exam revision, and 2 ebooks.

I may have bitten off more than I can chew.
suffer-cait wrote:hey, guys?
i'm fucking magic

kahlesster
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:34 am UTC

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby kahlesster » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:56 pm UTC

I Zimbra wrote:
bigglesworth wrote:
I Zimbra wrote:I just finished Ender's Game because a Lady told me to read it. It was good, but nothing earth-shattering. The Valentine/Peter portions of the book seemed unnecessary.


Really? They may or may not have been necessary for the story but I really enjoyed them.


My beef with them was twofold. I never felt like I was given a reason to care about their characters, except that they were related to ender, and there was no payoff at the end, as Val bails on the whole thing and goes into space. It just felt like "we are now interrupting your regular book to talk about politics."



Card uses those interludes to introduce Val, who becomes a key character in the future books. He also intertwines Peters story into the "spin-off" Ender's Shadow series. Card has cut them out of the Ender's Game movie script.


I'm currently reading the Hitchhiker series which I picked up a few months ago. I have also yet to read The Deathly Hallows, Contact:Harvest, and five other books.

User avatar
Akira
The Enemy's Gate Is Down. Sugoi desu ne!
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:58 am UTC
Location: Earth, unfortunately.
Contact:

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby Akira » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:06 pm UTC

So. I just picked up Good Omens today. We'll see how it goes; this is the first pleasure reading I've done in months.
Image
Warning: Arguments about semantics really, really annoy this member, and are liable to make her snippy, offensive, and REALLY politically incorrect.

User avatar
DonChubby
Posts: 605
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:34 pm UTC
Location: Tórshavn, Føroyar

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby DonChubby » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:56 am UTC

Currently reading The Knight Templar, the second book from the Crusades Trilogy.
It's a truly amazing book series, I definitely recommend it.
Treason doth never prosper, what's the reason?
For if it prosper, none dare call it treason.
CreemyNougat wrote:It was the saddest orgasm ever.

User avatar
jynjin
Pretty swell. Nifty even!
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:53 pm UTC
Location: NY

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby jynjin » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:06 pm UTC

Just finished Into the Wild and am now starting the Dark Tower series on the urging of friends.

User avatar
d33p
Happy Fun Ball
Posts: 1714
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:06 am UTC
Location: La Maison de la Liberté

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby d33p » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:13 pm UTC

YAY Jill! You must love the DT series or I will impale you on a shishkabob.

Just finished Slash, his autobiography. Currently reading Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson and The Difference Engine by His Holiness William Gibson and Bruce Sterling.
Parka wrote:I assume this is yours. I don't know anyone else who would put "kill a bear" on a list.

User avatar
pieaholicx
The cake is a lie!
Posts: 531
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:51 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby pieaholicx » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:27 pm UTC

I've just picked up a few books, and have started on 1984. After that I'm going to be reading Fahrenheit 451, Dante's Inferno, The Giver, and Gathering Blue. I've also got a list of other books I need to pick up and read.
It's okay, I'm Chaotic Neutral. I can kill him over the loot.
Overexposure to pieaholicx may, in semi-rare cases, emancipate dental fillings, crowns, tooth enamel, and teeth.

User avatar
jynjin
Pretty swell. Nifty even!
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:53 pm UTC
Location: NY

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby jynjin » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:35 pm UTC

d33p wrote:YAY Jill! You must love the DT series or I will impale you on a shishkabob.


You know better than to tell me what I must do, but then, I know better than to not argue with a friend wielding shishkabob skewers. :shock:

Yliatas
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:10 pm UTC

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby Yliatas » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:31 pm UTC

I'm reading several books:

Northanger Abbey
Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife
The Bible (Jeremiah and Revelations)

I intend to finish reading all of Austen before I go and attempt Dickens or another famous author. Eventually I will read something by Stephen King.

bookgrunt
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:27 pm UTC
Location: Texas

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby bookgrunt » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:37 pm UTC

Cryptonomicon

It's a great read and very approachable for being so dense. Some of the more in-depth explanations are a bit lost on me, but it's a good excuse to do some research.

I'm trying to make my way through as many Hugo winners as is possible, but I keep getting side-tracked by particular authors and ideas.
"Well," said the badger, "I can only teach you two things - to dig, and love your home. These are the true end of philosophy."

User avatar
d33p
Happy Fun Ball
Posts: 1714
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:06 am UTC
Location: La Maison de la Liberté

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby d33p » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:57 pm UTC

I managed to leave Cryptonomicon down in the studio while waiting for my bandmates, so I'll have to get back to you on what I think of it. So far, so good - he's got some interesting ideas, and I love the "information is God" motif... but yeah, some of the rhetoric is a bit hard to follow. Very Gibsonesque, which is never a bad thing.

Since I didn't have that book to read today, I grabbed Neil Gaiman's collection of short stories, Fragile Things. Only read the first one, a Sherlock Holmes meets Lovecraft sort of tale. Problem with short stories: they're too short.
Parka wrote:I assume this is yours. I don't know anyone else who would put "kill a bear" on a list.

User avatar
b.i.o
Green is the loneliest number
Posts: 2519
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:38 pm UTC
Location: Hong Kong

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby b.i.o » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:01 am UTC

Cryptonomicon is amazing. I just finished The Diamond Age and it was very very good, but not as good as Cryptonomicon.

The thing about Neal Stephenson is that it can take a while for his books to get started. Up to the first third of one of his books I often have to struggle through. And then I can't put it down because the rest of it is some of my favorite writing ever.

User avatar
thirdgencubfan
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:53 pm UTC

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby thirdgencubfan » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:16 pm UTC

I just finished "Jitterbug Perfume" by Tom Robbins.

Next on my list (I like to alternate fiction and non-fiction): "Writing Ground Zero: Japanese Literature and the Atomic Bomb" by John Whittier Treat.

User avatar
bigglesworth
I feel like Biggles should have a title
Posts: 7461
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:29 pm UTC
Location: Airstrip One

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby bigglesworth » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:53 pm UTC

Still reading Genesis Machines by Martin Amos.

Is interesting.
Generation Y. I don't remember the First Gulf War, but do remember floppy disks.

User avatar
d33p
Happy Fun Ball
Posts: 1714
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:06 am UTC
Location: La Maison de la Liberté

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby d33p » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:18 pm UTC

Just picked up The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable by Nassim Nicholas Taleb. Not since Greene's The Elegant Universe has a math-slash-philosophy tome threatened to upend my entire worldview in such an everyday manner. Chaos theory meets common sense, unpredictability in the fabric of history, in layman's terms? Yes, thanks.
Parka wrote:I assume this is yours. I don't know anyone else who would put "kill a bear" on a list.

User avatar
jynjin
Pretty swell. Nifty even!
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:53 pm UTC
Location: NY

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby jynjin » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:29 pm UTC

d33p wrote:Just picked up The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable by Nassim Nicholas Taleb. Not since Greene's The Elegant Universe has a math-slash-philosophy tome threatened to upend my entire worldview in such an everyday manner. Chaos theory meets common sense, unpredictability in the fabric of history, in layman's terms? Yes, thanks.

For the love of all things sacred, please might I borrow this in the next few months? *on her knees begging*

I'll let you borrow my copy of "The Universe in a Single Atom: The Convergence of Science and Spirituality" by His Holiness the Dalai Lama...

User avatar
d33p
Happy Fun Ball
Posts: 1714
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:06 am UTC
Location: La Maison de la Liberté

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby d33p » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:06 pm UTC

Add one Fire Bar, and you've got a deal.
Parka wrote:I assume this is yours. I don't know anyone else who would put "kill a bear" on a list.

User avatar
jynjin
Pretty swell. Nifty even!
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:53 pm UTC
Location: NY

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby jynjin » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:03 pm UTC

d33p wrote:Add one Fire Bar, and you've got a deal.

Opportunist. :wink: For one lovely piece of chocolate, yes.

User avatar
lesliesage
Posts: 1729
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 8:07 pm UTC
Location: Washington, DC
Contact:

Re: What are you readioactive now(and other book related stuff)?

Postby lesliesage » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:24 pm UTC

At the moment I'm reading Anita Diamant's The Red Tent (the perspective of the biblical Dinah, daughter of Jacob; the red tent is the menstrual tent) and finally, Card's Xenocide. I rarely buy books because I don't like owning things, but I had two hours to kill in town and I didn't have The Red Tent with me (which my mom gave me), so I was like, what the heck, I've been intending to finish the series for ages but moved farther from the library. Does anyone want me to send it to them when I'm done, if you would also send me an awesome book?


Return to “Books”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests