Page 1 of 1

Different words for “as part of” with the same meaning in this sentence?

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:29 pm UTC
by Dragonknight
I have to spin "as part of" text line but the best I could think are "Included in and Within"… Know of any other words that could replace "as part of" and sentence would still make sense? Do you think that Included and Within can serve as a replacement to "as part of" in this sentence?

Sentence example: As part of our new store opening we are giving away a limited discount

Re: Different words for “as part of” with the same meaning in this sentence?

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:52 pm UTC
by Ginger
"Related to," "a cousin/relative of," "a component of?" Some suggestions re: replacing, "as part of."

Re: Different words for “as part of” with the same meaning in this sentence?

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:57 pm UTC
by Deva
Dislikes "included in" and "within" there. Suggests "To celebrate our new store opening, we are giving away a limited discount." Alternatively, "Due to our new store opening, we are giving away a limited discount."

Re: Different words for “as part of” with the same meaning in this sentence?

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:53 pm UTC
by Ginger
"Because of our new store opening we are offering a limited discount."

"As a function of our new store opening we are offering a limited discount."

"As part of the deal of our new store opening we are offering a limited discount."

Re: Different words for “as part of” with the same meaning in this sentence?

Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:38 pm UTC
by Derek
Deva wrote:"To celebrate our new store opening, we are giving away a limited discount."

By far the best option here, at least for the example sentence. While it doesn't have the exact same literal meaning of "as part of", it is more natural and better captures what is actually meant.

Re: Different words for “as part of” with the same meaning in this sentence?

Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:44 am UTC
by Dragonknight
Deva wrote:Dislikes "included in" and "within" there. Suggests "To celebrate our new store opening, we are giving away a limited discount." Alternatively, "Due to our new store opening, we are giving away a limited discount."

Ginger wrote:"Because of our new store opening we are offering a limited discount."

"As a function of our new store opening we are offering a limited discount."

"As part of the deal of our new store opening we are offering a limited discount."

Thank you guys. These are excellent suggestions :mrgreen: