Source: http://www.esarcasm.com/7243/crazy-goog ... questions/
- 1. How many golf balls can you fit in a school bus?
2. How much should you charge to wash all the windows in Seattle?
3. How many piano tuners are there in the entire world?
4. Every man in a village of 100 married couples has cheated on his wife. Every wife in the village instantly knows when a man other than her husband has cheated, but does not know when her own husband has. The village has a law that does not allow for adultery. Any wife who can prove that her husband is unfaithful must kill him that very day. The women of the village would never disobey this law. One day, the queen of the village visits and announces that at least one husband has been unfaithful. What happens?
5. You are shrunk to the height of a nickel and your mass is proportionally reduced so as to maintain your original density. You are then thrown into an empty glass blender. The blades will start moving in 60 seconds. What do you do?
6. If you look at a clock and the time is 3:15, what is the angle between the hour and the minute hands?
7. Suppose we have N companies, and we want to eventually merge them into one big company. How many ways are there to merge?
8. Why are manhole covers round?
9. A man pushed his car to a hotel and lost his fortune. What happened?
10. Explain the significance of “dead beef.”
11. Design an evacuation plan for San Francisco.
12. You have eight balls all of the same size. Seven of them weigh the same, and one of them weighs slightly more. How can you find the ball that is heavier by using a balance and only two weighings?
Some of these don't have 'right' answers, others do. I just want to see the variety of responses that the XKCD population might give. If you want to see some others, here is a list of 140:
http://blog.seattleinterviewcoach.com/2 ... tions.html