Cipher Challenge

A forum for good logic/math puzzles.

Moderators: jestingrabbit, Moderators General, Prelates

NMFA

Cipher Challenge

Postby NMFA » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:01 pm UTC

Hello! I found my self without any particular project the last few days so I decided to see if I could set up a cipherchallenge for a few of my friends.
Its mostly ciphers / encryptions / substitutions with a littlebit of riddles too it. As none of my closest have been able to progress any further than step 5 I was wondering if anyone would have a go at it and googled around for any forums containing any ciphers etc. and ended up here(?).

The first part of the challenge starts at http://challenge.ninemealsfromanarchy.com . Any feedback is appreciated, especially quirks and errors.

ps; I have recieved alot of "I cant solve this without this". The challenge isnt designed to be solved only if you have this or that. There is always a hightech or lowtech way around it. Just think outside the box :D

Snark

Re: Cipher Challenge

Postby Snark » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:02 pm UTC

Stuck here:
Spoiler:
http://challenge.ninemealsfromanarchy.com/binary.png
Edit: What step would this be counted as?
Dashboard Confessional wrote:I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me?

NMFA

Postby NMFA » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:04 pm UTC

That should be counted as one step completed, working on step two. :)

Harutsedo

Postby Harutsedo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:36 pm UTC

EDIT: I'm on puzzle "09". It seems to have stumped me.

Katt

Postby Katt » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:26 pm UTC

The most hi tech way -
Spoiler:
use developer tools :)

zachbarnett

Postby zachbarnett » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:19 am UTC

A close friend and I have been working tirelessly on this challenge over the past week or so. We're positively stuck on what we think is level 10. Perhaps you can help.
Spoiler:
The level has a poem on one side of the page. We've tried a whole slew of decryption techniques, most of which involve using that poem in some way. Everything we've tried produces gibberish. We're not sure what to do with the 'æ' symbols. Please give us some help.

By the way, we love the challenge.
- ZB (leader)
- SH (second-in-command)

ruk

Postby ruk » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:16 am UTC

I'm up to the 5th challange! I signed up to the forum (long time reader) just to tell you that I am really enjoying your puzzles. Cheers.

Wnderer

Postby Wnderer » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:12 pm UTC

I'm stuck on #9.

This statement baffles me.
NMFA wrote:ps; I have recieved alot of "I cant solve this without this". The challenge isnt designed to be solved only if you have this or that. There is always a hightech or lowtech way around it. Just think outside the box

Spoiler:
There is no way to solve the morse code puzzle with out a QR Decoder. The puzzle is not on the start page and there is no indication on how to find it. I found the original image that was modified to make the start page and unless the clue was put there in 1904 it's not there. Then the puzzle itself requires more technology. You could not print this puzzle out and solve it with just paper and pencil methods.

Other than that I really enjoyed the puzzles.

blueskiesandaerosol

Postby blueskiesandaerosol » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:35 pm UTC

I'm stuck on what I believe is #5
Spoiler:
rot13.png
. Very fun!

Return to “Logic Puzzles”