Energy Drinks

Apparently, people like to eat.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Dark Ragnarok

Energy Drinks

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:32 pm UTC

I love them but have a specific one you love? or hate?

I'm particularly fond of Rockstars and BAWLS!!!!!!!!. D-Licious Bawls. : D *giddy*

I also collect a lot of them. About 90 total, and 80 or so are unique. I think all my past experiences with caffeine has given me a very large insight to know how much to take and when.

And i'm running out of time. Class. Gotta jet so be back in a sec.

MFHodge

Re: Energy Drinks

Postby MFHodge » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:54 pm UTC

Red Bull and Vodka is one of my favorite drinks at a bar, because I'm usually there to see a band and I'm really tired. I've tried a few others, especially when driving late at night, but I like original Red Bull the best.

Axman

Postby Axman » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:04 pm UTC

All inferior energy drinks weep under the heel of Spike. I wrote this about it six months ago:
The following takes place between 11:30 and 12:30, after half a can of
Spike on an empty stomach.

11:30 - My mouth tastes like popcorn. . .Mrfmg. Spike.

11:35 - I should get dressed. Oh I have. I'm three blocks away from home.

11:43 - It's hella bright out. Eyes mad dilated. Apparently, I'm smoking.

11:49 - I'm at Broadway and Alameda. I have to re-light my cigarette.
My scalp itches.

12:00 - Watch stopped. Oh, no it didn't. There it goes again.

12:08 - I catch up to an old black lady, again. She's walking
straight, I keep going north and south a block in either direction
before going another block east.

12:12 - Passed a bicyclist. He used my drag cone for a quick boost,
then turned south.

12:19 - My legs hurt, maybe. Oops, knocked off my hat. God, I itch.

12:26 - Caught and ate a robin.

12:28 - The sun sneezes are killing me, but if I walk backwards I get
some extra speed from it.

12:30 - Home. Shower. Mm, scratchy scratchy.

I walked about five miles, but it feels worn off now.
An acquaintance of mine called it, somewhat accurately, "Diet Cherry Crack".

Loki

Postby Loki » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:36 am UTC

uh my favorite energy drink is Cocaine (no, not the drug. yes, its an energy drink) but other than that i usually get bawls or monster

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:13 pm UTC

Spike is powerful. But i had 3 one time at a club and it didn't really give me that jittery feeling. Even though *i know* it's powerful. Weird.

I need to update the pictures on my collection. I have t somewhere.... i just don't know where. I made a huge list on some other thread of all the stuff i have tried.

Another note: the largest amoutn of caffeine i chugged must have been around 2 triple shots and 2 double shots between full throttle and rockstar, or it was 4 doubleshot monsters on an empty stomach.

I think i should try beating my last effort. Lets go with 8 Monsters.

Gem

Postby Gem » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:19 pm UTC

I love Red Bull. But I haven't heard of spike or bawls or monster or rockstar. Over here we only have Red Bull, Mother and V. How deprived we are.

Dark Ragnarok

Postby Dark Ragnarok » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:23 pm UTC

Bawls is sold at a couple arcades and Net Cafes. Also sold at Target and Comp USA.

Rockstar is sold at any gas station.

Spike is a very low down energy drink you'll find at a couple of clubs and sometimes some groceries stores or mini marts. Otherwise hard to find.

Rat
Rattus Trolleri

Postby Rat » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:26 am UTC

ive been on a bit of an energy drink hunt myself, in search of a something with high caffeine and low acid...
low acid because i dont want it to negatively affect the amphetamines and high caffeine for the awesome synergy!

but as for my current preferences:
bawls because it tastes/looks/smells amazing
red bull doesnt taste too great, but i like to strikeout a can of it every once in a while
amp overdrive tall boy: not sure how much i like it, but i was able to stay awake for quite a while after a can.. could've been a fluke/previous chemicals in my body

and well, that's about it.. i actually don't drink very many energy drinks.. too expensive...

reishka

Postby reishka » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:50 am UTC

Most energy drinks don't do much for me.

That being said, I prefer the taste of AMP (and that AMP actually does something for me...)

Girl™
This is what I think of you.

Postby Girl™ » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:17 pm UTC

VTHodge wrote:Red Bull and Vodka is one of my favorite drinks at a bar, because I'm usually there to see a band and I'm really tired. I've tried a few others, especially when driving late at night, but I like original Red Bull the best.

::is saddened by Hodge's choice of drinks::
::may be turning into a hooch snob::
::man, that's sad::

I really like Rockstar Juiced. It has a hell of a caffeine kick and all the flavors are delicious. Monster Java is surprisingly good, too. It tastes just like the bottled Starbucks things, with only a tiny bit of that weird "energy drink" flavor.
You don't make them touch!

hydrapheetz

Postby hydrapheetz » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:20 am UTC

It's usually Amp Sugar Free or some other brand of drink I normally buy at Wal-Mart (forgot what it was called.) Amp is goooooood~

Anpheus
I can't get any worse, can I?

Postby Anpheus » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:34 am UTC

All energy drinks cower in fear of POWERTHIRST. Energy drinks for people who need GRATUITOUS AMOUNTS OF ENERGY.

Not enough? Try POWERTHIRST in all new flavors like MANANA and GUN.
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

/###\_________/###\
  |#################|
  \#################/
   |##┌         ┐##|
   |##  (¯`v´¯)  ##|
   |##  `\ ♥ /´  ##|
   |##   `\¸/´   ##|
   |##└         ┘##|
  /#################\
  |#################|
  \###/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯\###/

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:40 pm UTC

Anpheus wrote:All energy drinks cower in fear of POWERTHIRST. Energy drinks for people who need GRATUITOUS AMOUNTS OF ENERGY.

Not enough? Try POWERTHIRST in all new flavors like MANANA and GUN.

Dont forget FIZZBITCH

There aren't your dad's puns, these are ENERGY PUNS. TURBOPUNS!

But yea, Bawls is usually what I use, but I will drink most anything except Rockstar.

Phentos
"The Phucktard"

Postby Phentos » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:34 pm UTC

Dark Ragnarok wrote:I'm particularly fond of Rockstars and BAWLS!!!!!!!!. D-Licious Bawls. : D *giddy*

When I competed in Halo 1/2 with MLG I was sponsored in part by Bawls.

psychosomaticism

Postby psychosomaticism » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:27 am UTC

I drink coffee.

... mostly for the fact that I don't trust energy drinks. I've tried 'em, they work, but I have some irrational fear that they cause cancer or something. I just can't imagine that giving yourself sporadic boosts in energy is good for you. Maybe I'm wrong.

Ian Ex Machina

Postby Ian Ex Machina » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:10 pm UTC

Relentless ALL THE WAY.
(Capitals make it true-er)

AnonyMouse
Boobs, LOL!

Postby AnonyMouse » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:13 pm UTC

Necro'd!

because I have a question- Does anyone remember/know anything about Rockstar Cola? I'm getting the impression it was discontinued, but I haven't been able to find confirmation of that.

one of the weirdest drinking experiences I had was drinking Rockstar cola with... probably rum.. I was not much of a drinker and it didn't take much for me to be really drunk... so I was drunk, and then there was another me, about 4 inches to the left that was ALSO drunk.

Blubb3r3ng3l

Postby Blubb3r3ng3l » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:12 am UTC

Cocaine is my least favorite energy drink ever. Let me put it this way... there is so much sugar and caffeine it was actually spicy. You know when something is sour it kinda gets you in the cheeks? Well, my cheeks hurt. On the plus side, it let me know I had a cavity I didn't know about... because I developed tootheaches on 3 or 4 teeth.
Let us a little permit Nature to take her own way; she understands Her own affairs better than we ~ Montaigne
embarrass the hell out of me
The only emotion ducks can feel is hate. -__Kit

Nyarlathotep
Not a god. Not even a titan.

Postby Nyarlathotep » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:50 pm UTC

I don't usually drink this stuff because it reacts very badly to my medication, but sometimes I'm a moron. That said, I love the fruit flavored Rockstars (the what, passionfruit? Something?) and then the stuff by Glaceau Vitamin Water. Especially the fruit punch kind <3
'Gehȳrst þū, sǣlida, hwæt þis folc segeð?
hī willað ēow tō gafole gāras syllan,
ǣttrynne ord and ealde swurd,
þā heregeatu þe ēow æt hilde ne dēah.

Delalyra

Postby Delalyra » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:42 am UTC

I really like Hydrive, because they're not overly sweet, nor are they carbonated. I can't stand carbonation. Tea is my daily caffiene of choice, though it's hardly an energy drink.
you may remember me from 2008 or 2009. I left for a while. I'm now sporadically back. I tumble here.

Lenary

Postby Lenary » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:10 pm UTC

i got a really bad headache coming off relentless once, so swore NEVER to have it again... the capital letters are helping me to stay off it...
i also tried rockstar the other day and liked it, despite the really odd taste combo...
red bull i don't mind, but the cans are too small...
and those are really all of them, unless you consider coke and other soft drinks that can make people (not me) go hyper

Delalyra wrote:I really like Hydrive, because they're not overly sweet, nor are they carbonated. I can't stand carbonation. Tea is my daily caffiene of choice, though it's hardly an energy drink.

oh yeah, very sweet strong tea is the best... and none of that high quality stuff. only tetleys for me....

i don't really have energy drinks that often unless i have duty at school (stay til 11pm) or i have 7 lessons out of seven and an activity after...
My Tumblog

[imath]you = me (awesome + clothes)[/imath]
solve for awesome if you're a hot girl
Spoiler:
[imath]awesome = \frac{you}{me} - clothes[/imath]

idont_know12

Postby idont_know12 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:37 pm UTC

Bawls definitely wins on taste, Cocaine on effectiveness (though I haven't compared Spike, I guess).
But energy drinks are hella expensive, so I just decided to buy caffeine pills. WAY cheaper, but you don't get the vitamin bonuses often added to energy drinks.

Dobblesworth
Dobblesworth, here's the title you requested over three years ago. -Banana

Postby Dobblesworth » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:55 pm UTC

The only one I've personally tried of them is Red Bull. I have yet to empirically determine whether consumption of it will confer flight on you, so if anyone will donate a test subject, a cliff and a can (or 20) I would greatly appreciate it.

One experience with Red Bull I had was a long bus ride from Liverpool to Newcastle (starting around 10pm, arrival 1-2am). Set of us purchased a few cans prior to departure, and casually drank them en route up the A1. I don't think I got to sleep that night until several hours after arriving home and hitting the hay, if at all. Good times :)

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:36 pm UTC

Just wondering, has anyone here tried Spike Shooter? I have heard it is tasty and really powerful.

zenten

Postby zenten » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:39 pm UTC

Funny story, the only way Mountain Dew can legally be sold in Canada is for it to be counted as an energy drink. As to what an energy drink is legally in Canada, it's a type of off the shelf medicine. No joke.

Iori_Yagami

Postby Iori_Yagami » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:12 pm UTC

I may sound ignorant, but do they actually work? I drank some of them, and I did not feel anything special. Lemonade like lemonade, somewhat concentrated sweet.
What do you usually feel after a dose of ED?
If I am 'walking through mists', my head floats, and I am sleepy, nothing will help. :cry:
They cannot defend themselves; they cannot run away. INSANITY is their only way of escape.

zenten

Postby zenten » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:13 pm UTC

Iori_Yagami wrote:I may sound ignorant, but do they actually work? I drank some of them, and I did not feel anything special. Lemonade like lemonade, somewhat concentrated sweet.
What do you usually feel after a dose of ED?
If I am 'walking through mists', my head floats, and I am sleepy, nothing will help. :cry:

Well, it does take about half an hour to kick in.

Matt

Postby Matt » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:01 pm UTC

Energy drinks have been around longer than they were in such high demand; I think I still prefer the old Hansen's green Energy that came in the 8oz can and pretty much only got publicity through X-Pac and the WWF. Red Bull is Red Bull is every other drink that tastes like Red Bull, and it confounds me that the flavor can taste like it does and still be pretty enjoyable.

I remember some weird drinks that aren't around any more from back in the day, including some that contained additives that made my lips swell.
Hi. I'm from Massachusetts.

tday93
Location: Surf City, CA no, seriously, we own the trademark (suck it Santa Cruz)

Postby tday93 » Sat May 03, 2008 12:22 am UTC

Jolt is absolutely amazing

only had it once, handing out a whole bunch of free ones at my school, some promo or something.
But the two flavors i head were wonderful, one tasted like a melted blue slushee wich tastes amazing by the way. and the other just tasted like coke.

oh, a word of advice, never take Tylenol PM with an energy drink. Weirdest feeling EVER.

edited to make sense
Last edited by tday93 on Mon May 05, 2008 3:27 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
"Given the choice between accomplishing something and just lying around, I'd rather lie around. No contest." -Eric Clapton

TheTankengine
Our Fora-father

Postby TheTankengine » Sat May 03, 2008 7:54 am UTC

Never do peyote in the Himalayas with the Sherpas. Weirdest feeling ever.
be centered
be compassionate
be interesting

tday93
Location: Surf City, CA no, seriously, we own the trademark (suck it Santa Cruz)

Postby tday93 » Wed May 07, 2008 10:40 pm UTC

TheTankengine wrote:Never do peyote in the Himalayas with the Sherpas. Weirdest feeling ever.

i bow to your supreme mastery of semi-legal psycho-active drugs
"Given the choice between accomplishing something and just lying around, I'd rather lie around. No contest." -Eric Clapton

Shizo

Postby Shizo » Fri May 09, 2008 5:36 am UTC

Upshot. It was the only drink1 that didn't make me want to go to sleep 10 minutes after drinking it. The 5-hour energy shot is pretty good, too. unless we're not talking about energy drinks that work, just ones that taste good and make you look cool drinking it. in which case, it's bawls. just for the laughs and jokes it provides.

1: it was a shot, actually. hence the name.

Will
There are about a million things I can do from behind

Postby Will » Fri May 09, 2008 7:37 am UTC

Bawls is delicious but is terribly difficult to find here. I'm personally a big fan of Sobe No Fear. Most energy drinks, especially Red Bull, taste AWFUL to me.
Meaux_Pas: Is it fucking Taint Sunday or something?
liza: Screw y'all, I'm going to the moon

Wanderingcowboy

Postby Wanderingcowboy » Sun May 11, 2008 5:16 am UTC

Oh, come on! Monster energy drink for the win!

And there's nothing like a good jager-bomb to get you going. I made myself like, 10 yesterday. Just through out the day. It was a fun day.
Randall on a skateboard!?
:mrgreen: <= This is my smiley. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My smiley is my best friend. It is my life. Without me, my smiley is useless. Without my smiley I am useless.

micco

Postby micco » Sun May 11, 2008 7:06 pm UTC

Since all energy drinks in finland taste the same, I usually buy the cheapest, R20+. Comes in a 1 litre bottle, costs 2,3€, contains more vitamin B12 (2000% of recommended daily intake) and B6 (1000% of recommended daily intake) than I should have in a day. All that and 320mg of caffeine in a bottle.
An anarchist is a person that makes oatmeal and blows it up.

Amnesiasoft

Postby Amnesiasoft » Mon May 12, 2008 6:00 am UTC

Apparently Brawndo was defictionalized. I wonder if it's any good.

As for Energy Drinks, I don't really like them. They taste funny.

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Tue May 13, 2008 4:11 pm UTC

Will wrote:Bawls is delicious but is terribly difficult to find here. I'm personally a big fan of Sobe No Fear. Most energy drinks, especially Red Bull, taste AWFUL to me.

Really? I know Bawls do taste quite good, but I have always found Red Bull to have that sort of "Oddly good" taste to it that makes me want to drink it.

Rockstar however just tastes really bitter. It's my "Only For Emergencies" drink.

MotorToad
Really Repeatedly Redundantly Redundant

Postby MotorToad » Tue May 13, 2008 5:38 pm UTC

This being a sciencey bunch, I'd expect this thread to include the ingredients they contain (besides caffeine and corn syrup) that actually work, and how much each has. Taurine, ginseng and such of the sort. I'd like to see that sort of comparison, anyway, since taste is so subjective.

I like the Rockstar Juiced, and ...Lost 5-0, and I'll buy Red Bull and Monster, too. One thing I do like about these is that they sponsor sports that I like so it hurts less to piss so much money away on them.
What did you bring the book I didn't want read out of up for?
"MAN YOUR WAY TO ANAL!" (An actual quote from another forum. Only four small errors from making sense.)

Allium Cepa

Postby Allium Cepa » Tue May 13, 2008 9:55 pm UTC

MotorToad wrote:This being a sciencey bunch, I'd expect this thread to include the ingredients they contain (besides caffeine and corn syrup) that actually work, and how much each has.

From my understanding most energy drinks have guarana in them, which apparently has three times the amount of caffeine in them than coffee beans. Also, Wikipedia says the average 8 fluid ounce can has 80 mg of caffeine in them. And lots of sugar.

I don't personally drink the stuff, I think it tastes like piss. I'm a big fan of tea when I need a boost, or else I'll suffer tired, because I really don't trust the stuff.
Take me back to the day that I went blind, I would like to see your face for one last time.

AlwaysRelated

Postby AlwaysRelated » Tue May 20, 2008 8:44 pm UTC

I find energy drinks taste quite bad. Of course, I've only had three. And one was in the morning after 2 1/2 hours of sleep and no food. Dragon breath + energy drinks suck. They work, but only for an hour or so for me. Perhaps it's because every time I have them I eat a lot straight after.

Return to “Food”