Duck
No votes
With a Kiss
6%

Total votes: 71

keybored

Re: How do you like your eggs?

Postby keybored » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:26 pm UTC

Kizyr wrote:...am I the only one who uses the term "overeasy"? That's how I prefer my eggs. Closest thing I could pick was fried, I suppose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvPILM39L4I
LE4dGOLEM wrote:THERE IS NOT A SUFFICIENT CUSSWORD TO SHOW HOW LITTLE I APPRECIATE YOU.
Klapaucius wrote:Unfortunately it was deleted around the time I began, with somewhat shaky logic, to advise him not to rape animals.

existential_elevator
The awesomest one!

Postby existential_elevator » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:50 pm UTC

keybored wrote:
Kizyr wrote:...am I the only one who uses the term "overeasy"? That's how I prefer my eggs. Closest thing I could pick was fried, I suppose.

I too enjoy over-easy eggs.

Otherwise, hard boiled like a detective.

keybored

Postby keybored » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:00 pm UTC

existential_elevator wrote:
keybored wrote:

I too enjoy over-easy eggs.

Otherwise, hard boiled like a detective.

i was recently in a 7-11 and saw that they had for sale a little package of two cold hard-boiled eggs in the little meat/cheese/sandwich section.
LE4dGOLEM wrote:THERE IS NOT A SUFFICIENT CUSSWORD TO SHOW HOW LITTLE I APPRECIATE YOU.
Klapaucius wrote:Unfortunately it was deleted around the time I began, with somewhat shaky logic, to advise him not to rape animals.

BobMacDhonnchaidh

Postby BobMacDhonnchaidh » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:06 pm UTC

BobMacDhonnchaidh wrote:Fertilised.

By me.

Sorry, couldn't resist

Yes, you could. The joke was already made. -ST

Damn, I'll read more carefully next time :?
Last edited by BobMacDhonnchaidh on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:06 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Thig crìoch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol is ceòl

Help save us from 16 years of boredom!

Kizyr

Postby Kizyr » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:55 pm UTC

keybored wrote:

Hah! I liked that.

keybored wrote:i was recently in a 7-11 and saw that they had for sale a little package of two cold hard-boiled eggs in the little meat/cheese/sandwich section.

Yeah, they have them at ABP, too. For just $2.49, you can skip the long and arduous process of boiling your own eggs. KF
~Kizyr

RC Com

Postby RC Com » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:53 pm UTC

i like my eggs

and so I like them boiled in the morning with some toast, fried at lunch with some bacon and poached at night with a smoked salmon salad or some black pudding

i just like eggs :D
customers WILL rule the world http://www.reviewcentre.com

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:36 pm UTC

I also make molded hard boiled eggs. My favourite mold is one that makes them shaped like a bunny. There are also star and heart shaped ones.

All thanks to Japan. :P

http://www.cookingcute.com/using_egg_molds.htm
Rice Puddin.

Mighty Jalapeno
Inne Juste 7 Dayes I Wille Make You A Hero!

Postby Mighty Jalapeno » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:03 pm UTC

Ninja'd by a week and a half.

Exotria wrote:Why hasn't anyone said unfertilized yet?!

Jebobek

Postby Jebobek » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:32 pm UTC

Mighty Jalapeno wrote:Ninja'd by a week and a half.

Exotria wrote:Why hasn't anyone said unfertilized yet?!
Similar jokes may include and are not limited to:
Pre-Meiosis I! Lacking a cleavage furrow! Undifferentiated! Unfused with sperm! Zero post-ovulation interactions! Lacking the cortical reaction allowing the zona pelludia to... ok I'm done

Who likes scrambled? Thats BORING. Thats the cop-out egg. There'd better be some ham and cheese bits in there.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:54 pm UTC

Not only week.5 ninja'd, but already told by a mod to stop:
BobMacDhonnchaidh wrote:Fertilised.

By me.

Sorry, couldn't resist

Yes, you could. The joke was already made. -ST
kira wrote:*piles up some limbs and blood and a couple hearts for good measure*
GUYS. I MADE A HUMAN.
*...pokes at it with a stick*

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:30 pm UTC

Jebobek wrote:Who likes scrambled? Thats BORING. Thats the cop-out egg.

I'm not a huge fan of eggs. Boring cop-out is just what I want.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:12 am UTC

Jebobek wrote:Who likes scrambled? Thats BORING.

Not if you do it right. A really good quality egg (duck or goose if you can get 'em), slowly scrambled to creaminess over a low heat and served with a drizzle of truffle oil Oh me yarm.
omgryebread wrote:...if I'm watching a fantasy, I want my princess to stab some motherfuckers, claim the crown herself, then invade the prince's kingdom and sleep with his sister.

Jebobek

Postby Jebobek » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:59 pm UTC

Yea see now if you jazz up the scrambled with something like truffle oil Oh me yarm I can understand. This is how it goes for me:

"Awesome, time to make some fried eggs."
-Cracks egg, drop contents into fry pan.
-First yolk breaks
"Dammit. Ok I can fix this."
-Second yolk breaks
"SON OF A..."
-Scrambles eggs
-Rifles furiously through fridge for ham/cheese/mushrooms/peppers/onions

I'll omlettize it if I didn't put the heat on yet, but chances are that I did, and the bottom of the messed-up-egg has already been cooked.

keybored

Postby keybored » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:05 pm UTC

Jebobek wrote:"Awesome, time to make some fried eggs."
-First yolk breaks
"Dammit. Ok I can fix this."
-Second yolk breaks
"SON OF A..."
-Scrambles eggs
-Rifles furiously through fridge for ham/cheese/mushrooms/peppers/onions
-PROFIT

i apologize in advance to the mods: i couldn't restrain myself.

Nath

Postby Nath » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:21 pm UTC

Jebobek wrote:I'll omlettize it if I didn't put the heat on yet, but chances are that I did, and the bottom of the messed-up-egg has already been cooked.

Can still be turned into a workable omelette. Some people routinely scramble their omelettes in a hot pan, and then let them set all the way through.

Though there's nothing wrong with scrambled eggs. They accept more fillings than omelettes (onions, peppers, mushrooms, cheese, jalapenos, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, whatever else you think of). They also go better with bread, and are particularly great with thin breads (chapattis, tortillas etc.).

Jebobek

Postby Jebobek » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:58 pm UTC

Nath wrote: They also go better with bread, and are particularly great with thin breads (chapattis, tortillas etc.).
Really? With my experience they fall off the sides almost as bad than that of tunafish or eggsalad. With a moderatly done omlette you can cut it into bread-shaped slices and make toasted-bread omlette sandwiches for company in the morning/noontime/whathaveyou. The runny material is in the center of the omlette so there is a much lower chance of spillout. I suppose that if you don't mix the scrambled egg as much during the late phase and let it set most of the way through it'll be more like one peice, but most of my guests prefer the taste of little run in their eggs.

Could you give me some info on how you do scrambled egg sammiches, including what you add? I'd appreciate it.

keybored

Postby keybored » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:02 pm UTC

Jebobek wrote:
Nath wrote: They also go better with bread, and are particularly great with thin breads (chapattis, tortillas etc.).
Really? With my experience they fall off the sides almost as bad than that of tunafish or eggsalad.

it helps to not cover every single milimeter of bread with the egg (or tuna/egg salad), leaving a buffer zone along the border. also, when i'm done constructing the sandwich and apply the top piece of bread i give it a gentle flattening with the palm of my hand.

Jebobek

Postby Jebobek » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:12 pm UTC

I know what you mean, it helps spread out whats inside but "locks" it in. I would do that in this case but the bread is toasted, so that if I would press down I'm going to have crumbs all over my hand, plus the toast might get cracked and look less presentable to the guests. But yea, I do that alot for most other sammiches.

SecondTalon
SexyTalon

Postby SecondTalon » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:00 pm UTC

In retrospect, I should have boneyarded and not deleted the last "unfertilized" answer just so my fellow Mods would know who cannot read red text. My bad.

Point being, knock it off. It was funny the first time, and I have no intentions of letting it go on to the 27th time when it'd be funny again.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

Kizyr

Postby Kizyr » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:44 pm UTC

Jebobek wrote:
Really? With my experience they fall off the sides almost as bad than that of tunafish or eggsalad. ... Could you give me some info on how you do scrambled egg sammiches, including what you add? I'd appreciate it.

No no, you don't stuff the flat bread* with the scrambled eggs, but you use the bread to eat the eggs. You tear off a small piece, then take that between your thumb and first two fingers, and use it to pick up pieces of the scrambled eggs. Then eat.

*I'm using a wide definition of flat bread to include tortillas, chapatti, paratha (my favorite), dhalpuri, roti, naan, etc. The first three are more common with eggs. ...I think. KF
~Kizyr

Jebobek

Postby Jebobek » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:02 pm UTC

Well yes, I do that all the time to my fried eggs to enjoy the runny yolk.

I was talking more about presenting guests with egg sandwiches. Think of it as getting handed to you a breakfast sandwich, like an EggMcMuffin. What kind of egg would you have used intead to make it better? What kind of bread? What would use use inside the sandwich to complement the type of egg?

For me its:
    A slice of cheese+mushroom+pepper omlette,
    Inside white bread that is toasted,
    With a slice of ham and cheese inside.
    Ketchup is optional.

Nath

Postby Nath » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:37 am UTC

Yeah, I meant the finger thing, like Kizyr said.

Scrambled egg sandwiches on toast can be tricky. If you make it an open sandwich, though, most people have the good sense to keep it the right way up. I think creamy scrambled eggs are just the right texture to eat with a slice of toast.

The scrambled eggs you eat with rotis etc. need to be chunky, rather than creamy. This is especially true if you eat it in burrito form, and are not particularly fond of soggy messes. But really, egg burritos are not the same as tearing it up with your fingers.

The only true egg sandwich consists of the following: fried egg or overcooked omelette with green chillies, mediocre jam, salt, pepper, ketchup. Also bread. Cheese and hot sauce are optional. Yes, I know it isn't something you'd serve to guests, but it's really good.

(There is also an almost true egg sandwich: fried egg with the spicy liquid from Indian pickles. Preferably tomato.)

Rinsaikeru
Pawn, soon to be a Queen

Postby Rinsaikeru » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:56 pm UTC

If I was making egg sandwiches for guests I'd probably use english muffins or bagels--thicker sturdier than ordinary bread or toast. I'd whisk the eggs and then cook them similarly to how I'd cook an omelete and top with whatever suited the guests.

That way they'd be unrunny and very easy to eat as a sandwich. Alternatively you could cook the eggs over hard--that is fried but with the yolk cooked hard.
Rice Puddin.

Aleril
Le Rail

Postby Aleril » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:29 am UTC

Egg salad with ketchup.

Scrambled with ketchup please.

If not that, an cheese omelete with ketchup.

Hell, any egg recipe + ketchup = deliciousness

Ysabeau

Postby Ysabeau » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:17 am UTC

Ketchup and scrambled eggs is what I ate every day for about 3 years; tasty, but I've been desensitized, I'm afraid.
For breakfast this morning I had eggs scrambled with cooked onions on whole grain toast. Delicious.
And, of course, deviled eggs, the absolute delight of the egg preparations. Plain or with celery, sprinkled with paprika, of course.

Alder

Postby Alder » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:36 pm UTC

Mmm...lunch today - scrambled eggs on wholemeal toast, with some mature (is that 'sharp' on the other side of the pond, maybe?) farmhouse cheddar melted in.

So.
Good.
Plasma Man wrote:I might have to get rid of some of my breadbins.

Kulantan wrote:I feel a great disturbance in the Fora, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and then kinda trailed off to a grumble.

Allenr

Postby Allenr » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:43 pm UTC

Eggs are too healthy IMO. I have to throw in some sausege or some leftover burger. My parents think I'm crazy when they hear the crap I put in my eggs.
Spell check wanted.
Interview me!
Roĝer wrote:While bunnies taste better, nothing beats the desperate death cry of a puppy, especially when accompanied with the grinding of a chainsaw on canine bones.

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:20 am UTC

I have a quandary - I don't know whether this belongs in the egg thread or the avocado thread :P I went to my usual cafe the other morning for breakfast, and because I was early and was craving eggs, I decided to eat in rather than just grab the usual takeaway croissant. I'd heard good things about their avocado on toast, but I really couldn't go past eggs, so I ordered their basil-and-parmesan scrambled eggs with tomatoes on toast. The dude was like, "would you like some bacon or avocado on the side?" and I was like "avocado Oh me yarm!". Then I was worried that it might be cooked avocado, but it wasn't. The dish came out with a pile of avocado chunks dressed in lemon juice, sitting beside the mound of eggs-n-stuff. So I got my eggs AND some avocado, and both were delicious, and together they were even more delicious. And these guys make the best coffee I ever had, so it was altogether one of the best. breakfasts. evar.

PS For Melbourne people, I'm talking about Mr Tulk, at the State Library.

ishikiri

Postby ishikiri » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:15 pm UTC

I'm rather partial to scrambled myself.

Although some like em' fertilised.
clintonius wrote:The "thwak thwak thwak" in this movie makes me think they cranked up a powerpoint slideshow of angry pictures set to the soundtrack of a furious masturbator.

Amarantha

Postby Amarantha » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:54 am UTC

Hehe ya, Balut is one thing still on my list of foods-I-haven't-tried-yet. No idea how I'll go with it once I get a chance. Usually my food aversions are more textural than visual, so I suspect I'll be OK with it.

Meowgan
<3 Everyone [...] Especially Gordon

Postby Meowgan » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:02 pm UTC

I like my eggs in a mug. After they've been in the microwave.

Or runny, fried eggs are nice too.

Or in pavlova.
<L> dude. she made a motherfucking stargate.
<L> you need to keep this girl. do whatever it takes.

Cherry Kiss
¡This cheese is burning me!

Postby Cherry Kiss » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:27 pm UTC

Eggs in a mug... that would be a new one.

Personally i like my eggs over easy with grits and cheese. Yummmm.
If not that then scrambled and in my biscuits and gravy. Double yummmm
What they call love is a risk,
'Cause you will always get hit
Out of nowhere by some wave
And end up on your own.

Luthen

Postby Luthen » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:01 am UTC

Scrambled with bacon and cheese,

followed up by soft boiled, breadring-style (I think I call in toad-in-the-hole but I also like by Yorkshire pudding so I'm not sure) and fritata-of-everything-leftover-in-the-fridge.

However, utilising the unbounded topic, Pavlova and cake would probably beat scrambled.
My fancy new blog Image I am not a vampire! Image PM my location for a prize!*

rnew: ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOAVATAR!
*Terms + conditions changeable

codyhotel

Postby codyhotel » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:47 pm UTC

Incubated, and then Hatched, and then Raised, and then Beheaded, and then Plucked, and then Cut up, and then put on to a grill, and then put on to a bun.

Damn, its gonna take a while, scrambled.

and if anyone gets that, you're awesome! ;)
Philwelch wrote:Would a prostitution enthusiast be a buy-sexual?

...sorry.

Jebobek

Postby Jebobek » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:59 pm UTC

I also like fresh scrambled eggs in pork fried rice, in ample amounts :) Hey whats the chineese meal(s) that is/are made up of alot of egg?

Senefen

Postby Senefen » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:35 am UTC

Scrambled, yolk and white must be united for eggs to be any good.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Alpha Omicron

Postby Alpha Omicron » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:59 pm UTC

Over-hard. I picked fried on the list.
(Over-hard is when you break the yolks when you flip them. (On purpose.))
Here is a link to a page which leverages aggregation of my tweetbook social blogomedia.

Return to “Food”