silly rabbit! Cereal is for Dinner!

Apparently, people like to eat.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

my favorite cereal type is

fruity (fruity pebbles, froot loops, trix, etc)
3%
chocolatey (cocoa puffs, cocoa pebbles, etc)
10%
honey (smacks, honey-nut cheerios, golden grahams, etc)
9%
french toast (french toast crunch, cinnamon toast crunch, etc)
4%
apple (apple jacks, apple cinnamon cheerios, etc)
2%
cereal w/ marshmellows (lucky charms, count chocula, marshmellow alphabits, etc)
3%
other (cookie crisp, honey bunches of oats, cap'n crunch, pops, etc)
11%
plain grain sweetened cereal (frosted flakes, alphabits, frosted cheerios, etc)
9%
plain grain unsweetened cereal (corn flakes, corn chex, wheat chex, cheerios, etc)
24%
"heatlhy" cereal (grape nuts, kashi, etc)
18%
i don't like cereal (translation: i am a godless communist)
7%

Total votes: 153

aging.child

Re: silly rabbit! Cereal is for Dinner!

Postby aging.child » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:37 am UTC

sje46 wrote:I can not be the only marshmallow fan here.
Spoiler:
I love Special K too, though

Don't worry, you're not. I too was surprised at the number of people here who think marshmallow cereal is disgusting. Best part of childhood right there. I used to eat all the marshmallows before I ate the cereal. Then my mom would yell at me because I took so long to finish eating.

In fact, I think I might sneak "Lucky Charms" onto the bottom of the food shopping list for tomorrow. So what if I'm in high school? I hope it comes with a toy...
Last edited by aging.child on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:09 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. --Douglas Adams

notallama

Postby notallama » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:15 am UTC

am i the only one that eats oats for breakfast?

like, just quick oats with rice milk or something on them? maybe a banana if i'm feeling crafty.

Bakemaster
pretty nice future dick

Postby Bakemaster » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:21 am UTC

Are you saying cold oats? Or quick oats, boiled? For a while I was making oatmeal with rolled oats a lot in the mornings. In fact, I forgot that since I live near a Whole Foods again, I can buy rolled oats in bulk and start doing this again. But the cereal paradigm in my experience has shifted almost completely away from hot cereal to cold.
c0 = 2.13085531 × 1014 smoots per fortnight
"Apparently you can't summon an alternate timeline clone of your inner demon, guys! Remember that." —Noc

notallama

Postby notallama » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:12 pm UTC

Bakemaster wrote:Are you saying cold oats? Or quick oats, boiled? For a while I was making oatmeal with rolled oats a lot in the mornings. In fact, I forgot that since I live near a Whole Foods again, I can buy rolled oats in bulk and start doing this again. But the cereal paradigm in my experience has shifted almost completely away from hot cereal to cold.

cold.

i just use the quick oats because they absorb the liquid quicker than the slower rolled oats.

|Erasmus|
Branson

Postby |Erasmus| » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:01 am UTC

aging.child wrote:
Spoiler:

Don't worry, you're not. I too was surprised at the number of people here who think marshmalllow cereal is disgusting.

I don't think marshmallow in cereal is disgusting, apart from the fact that I don't like marshmallow at all. I do think it's disturbing to need something that's that sickly sweet in cereal, though.

theliontakescontrol

Postby theliontakescontrol » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:15 am UTC

I think that the blueberry/strawberry frosted mini wheats are the best!
banana nut crunch...or whatever that is...is great too.

is anybody else partial to dry cereal? Milk doesn't do it for me...haha

notallama

Postby notallama » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:04 am UTC

theliontakescontrol wrote:is anybody else partial to dry cereal? Milk doesn't do it for me...haha

pretty much anything other than oats, i don't put milk on. (well, i don't put milk on oats either. i use rice milk there. regular milk is pretty nasty stuff.)

i ate half a box of honey nut cheerios today. dry, and out of the box.
gave me a bit of a headache when the sugar wore off.
delicious, though.

sje46

Postby sje46 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:20 am UTC

|Erasmus| wrote:
aging.child wrote:
Spoiler:

Don't worry, you're not. I too was surprised at the number of people here who think marshmalllow cereal is disgusting.

I don't think marshmallow in cereal is disgusting, apart from the fact that I don't like marshmallow at all. I do think it's disturbing to need something that's that sickly sweet in cereal, though.

It's not real marshmallow.

No one is saying they need it, but like it. It's our favorite type of cereal. How is that disturbing? They taste delicious.

Personally I eat all the non-marshmallow pieces and save the marshmallows for last.

Cookie Crisp, while delicious when I was eight, is actually quite disgusting.
General_Norris: Taking pride in your nation is taking pride in the division of humanity.
Pirate.Bondage: Let's get married. Right now.

aging.child

Postby aging.child » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:23 am UTC

sje46 wrote:
|Erasmus| wrote:
aging.child wrote:
Spoiler:

It's not real marshmallow.

No one is saying they need it, but like it. It's our favorite type of cereal. How is that disturbing? They taste delicious.

Personally I eat all the non-marshmallow pieces and save the marshmallows for last.

Cookie Crisp, while delicious when I was eight, is actually quite disgusting.

I can see how the massive amounts of sugar can be too much for some people, but as long as the non-marshmallow bits aren't sweetened, it's a very nice balance.

And, thanks to this thread, I've been eating Lucky Charms nonstop since Sunday. :D
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. --Douglas Adams

molbio5

Postby molbio5 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:53 pm UTC

i can't pick!

i have not found a cereal that i truly hate yet... all of them ROCK!

i loved the Nesquick cereal and the Oreo O's, but i found out they quit making oreo cereal a few years ago... :(
AT CG XX

light travels faster than sound. this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If it had been BHG, would he have been her "sadistically significant other"?

snowolf

Postby snowolf » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:41 pm UTC

something i do:Some days I eat cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
in my opinion: I'm pissed off that Trix is no longer made in fun fruity shapes, just stupid round balls. and I say screw you for reducing the sugar content.
a question: What about hot cereal like oatmeal?
something humorous: Some moron sued Kellog's because they honestly thought froot loops has fruit in it.
a suggestion: Try using strawberry milk, I especially like banana milk.
a tip: Dry cereal makes a good movie theater snack, something different than popcorn.
a discovery: Cereal makes a good ice-cream topping.
maybe if this is witty enough, someone will finally love me

PatrickRsGhost

Postby PatrickRsGhost » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:53 am UTC

snowolf wrote:in my opinion: I'm pissed off that Trix is no longer made in fun fruity shapes, just stupid round balls. and I say screw you for reducing the sugar content.

A long, long time ago, in a pantry far, far, away, Trix were originally round. And there were only three flavors: orangey-orange, lemony-yellow, and raspberry-red. And you enjoyed it. It wasn't until later that grapity-purple and lime-green became fixtures, and they were still round. It wasn't until some time in the mid-to-late-90s or early 00s that they became the fruity shapes.

But I agree about reducing the sugar content. I think all of the sugary cereals are doing it in order to win back the trust of both the kids and the parents.

snowolf wrote:a tip: Dry cereal makes a good movie theater snack, something different than popcorn.

I once had a recipe that involved using Lucky Charms, mixed with peanuts, M&Ms candies, yogurt-covered raisins, and Reese's Pieces candies, in time for St. Patrick's Day, called "Lucky Snack" or "Good Luck Snack". Mix above together, serve. Was an awesome snack to nibble on whenever I was hungry at work or at home.

sje46 wrote:Cookie Crisp, while delicious when I was eight, is actually quite disgusting.

I never cared for it, either. I remember when I was a kid, after having seen a Cookie Crisp commercial with the cop and the crook, making my own. I took a handful of chocolate chip cookies, crumbled them up in a bowl, poured milk over them, and nom.
PRG

An important message for you:

Axman

Postby Axman » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:31 pm UTC

Oh man, I remember when they added purple and green, there was a Saturday morning cartoon contest about what flavors made it in; you had to watch the commercials and mail in the UPCs, IIRC.

Never like Trix though, the ads annoyed me. I was a Cocoa Puffs kid. Ooh, and Reese's Puffs. Cocoa Krispies. There's an operative theme here.

JCM

Postby JCM » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:11 pm UTC

I guess I'm a godless communist, then. I don't eat cereal much.

tgjensen

Postby tgjensen » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:09 pm UTC

notallama wrote:am i the only one that eats oats for breakfast?

I'm right with you. A bowl of oats with raisins and milk. Yum yum yum.

BabyfootAssassin

Postby BabyfootAssassin » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:57 am UTC

Anything chocolate, particularly cocoa rice krispies. I don't eat cereal very often though.
1. Receive beating until opponent falls asleep.
2. Maul opponent’s unconscious body.
3. Realize that the celebration banana was a trick and that you’ve once again been led into a cage for safe transport.

WaterToFire

Postby WaterToFire » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:05 pm UTC

I am a godless communist, but I went with chocolate.

TimelordSimone

Postby TimelordSimone » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:05 am UTC

I pretty much will only eat Rice Crispies (as far as cereal goes, I eat many other foodstuffs).
And even that is only a relatively recent development. I used to have issues with dairy products, so I wouldn't eat cereal at all.
I don't actually often eat breakfast though (I know, I know, most important meal of the day).
I mostly lurk. Hello.

Mishrak

Postby Mishrak » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:45 pm UTC

I think I've eaten just about all of those for dinner at some point in my life.

Golden Grahams, Coco Puffs, Fruity Pebbles and Cheerios (honey nut or regular) are all some of my favorites. Grapte nuts too.

Return to “Food”