Need ideas for low carb food

Apparently, people like to eat.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

Vyschalla

Need ideas for low carb food

Postby Vyschalla » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:28 am UTC

Alright, so I am a diabetic, and I go to a boarding school.

The food at the cafeteria is EXTREMELY high carb. I have complained about this, and they have have now come back to me asking for ideas for food that would be better suited to me...

Now, I could just give them a list of crappy veggies and weird foods that will end up tasting like crap. But, I decided to try my luck and see if anyone had some tasty foods that are low carb.

Thanks in advance.

Thesh
Made to Fuck Dinosaurs

Re: Need ideas for low carb food

Postby Thesh » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:21 pm UTC

Anything without grains and grain products (bread, pasta, etc.), fruits (although some berries are lower in carbs), and a select few vegetables (e.g. corn, potatoes) should be low in carbs as long as you don't add sugary sauces. That leaves a huge range of foods they can use. Also, are you vegetarian? Meats are pretty much carb free unless you add something to make it otherwise.
Summum ius, summa iniuria.

Moo
Oh man! I'm going to be so rebellious! I'm gonna...

Re: Need ideas for low carb food

Postby Moo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:49 pm UTC

You might find something helpful in the Low GI thread or my now-dead low carb diet thread.
Proverbs 9:7-8 wrote:Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get an insult in return. Anyone who corrects the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother correcting mockers; they will only hate you.
Hawknc wrote:FFT: I didn't realise Proverbs 9:7-8 was the first recorded instance of "haters gonna hate"

Return to “Food”