Really good ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING food

Apparently, people like to eat.

Moderators: SecondTalon, Moderators General, Prelates

RollingHead

Re: Really good ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING food

Postby RollingHead » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:48 pm UTC

I once let my sister talk me into dipping marshmallows in hot chili sauce... they were delicious.

fanofbangelthor

Postby fanofbangelthor » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:44 am UTC

Sometimes, when I wake up early enough, I'll cook bacon for breakfast. I take a bowl, and put a bunch of cheese on the bottom (usually cheddar) and then lay a few strips of bacon on that. I put some more cheese (usually Colby) on top of that bacon, and then put more bacon on the cheese. Then I put a few slices of butter on that, cover it all with more cheese, and stick it in the microwave. I only put it in for long enough to melt the cheeses, because I've already fried the bacon. When it gets out of the microwave, I have a rule - I eat it all in one sitting.

I call this masterpiece baconcheese.

TaintedDeity

Postby TaintedDeity » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:25 am UTC

That sounds horrific and my chest hurts just hearing about it...
Ⓞⓞ◯

Nath

Postby Nath » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:08 am UTC

fanofbangelthor wrote:Sometimes, when I wake up early enough, I'll cook bacon for breakfast. I take a bowl, and put a bunch of cheese on the bottom (usually cheddar) and then lay a few strips of bacon on that. I put some more cheese (usually Colby) on top of that bacon, and then put more bacon on the cheese. Then I put a few slices of butter on that, cover it all with more cheese, and stick it in the microwave. I only put it in for long enough to melt the cheeses, because I've already fried the bacon. When it gets out of the microwave, I have a rule - I eat it all in one sitting.

That sounds like what I had for lunch, except that there was carne asada as well, and everything was chopped. And there were tortillas and lime wedges and salsas. Mmm, alambres.

merelydicta

Postby merelydicta » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:39 am UTC

fanofbangelthor wrote:Sometimes, when I wake up early enough, I'll cook bacon for breakfast. I take a bowl, and put a bunch of cheese on the bottom (usually cheddar) and then lay a few strips of bacon on that. I put some more cheese (usually Colby) on top of that bacon, and then put more bacon on the cheese. Then I put a few slices of butter on that, cover it all with more cheese, and stick it in the microwave. I only put it in for long enough to melt the cheeses, because I've already fried the bacon. When it gets out of the microwave, I have a rule - I eat it all in one sitting.

You are a genius.

Brother Maynard

Re:

Postby Brother Maynard » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:45 am UTC

Kawa wrote:
My addition to this thread: Balls of macaroni and cheese, deep-fried. The arteries clog while singing for joy.

And here I thought this thread would be on things like dinuguan (which I don't eat because I hate it) and balut (which I don't eat because I'm allergic.)

I see your fried mac n'cheese and raise you this:

Mac n'cheese pancake with BBQ sauce.

Anonymously Famous

Re: Re:

Postby Anonymously Famous » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:36 pm UTC

Brother Maynard wrote:I see your fried mac n'cheese and raise you this:

Mac n'cheese pancake with BBQ sauce.

Recipe?

wst

Postby wst » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:46 pm UTC

I have that for lunch every day that I'm at work and not on some on-site errand 100 miles away.

It's basically most-of-a-proper-English-Breakfast in a baguette.
Anything I said pre-2014 that you want to quote me on, just run it past me to check I still agree with myself.

Samik

Postby Samik » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:23 pm UTC

Amen.

I'm a breakfast addict - I've probably read every word of Wikipedia's "Full Breakfast" article a half dozen times over the years (and started longingly at each picture contained therein).

Gear

Postby Gear » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:37 am UTC

Salty corn chips in no-boil (with boiling you get the nasty milk skin) chocolate pudding.
“What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?”
~Calvin and Hobbes

Euler

Postby Euler » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:33 pm UTC

Oh man...
Oh man...
Uh, I don't know if I can beat this.
In high school, our lunches used to be borderline terrible,
So my group of friends made a game of it. We would all make each other terrible concoctions, and the first to finish it would win a predetermined pot.
Cream of mushroom soup with grape juice, oatmeal, ridiculous amounts of paprika, cheese chunks, hash-browns, and crushed cheerios mixed in.
It's absolutely disgusting, but not really good.
"Six by nine. Forty two."
"That's it. That's all there is."
"I always thought something was fundamentally wrong with the universe"

casualevils

Postby casualevils » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:26 pm UTC

My record best but disgusting meal (the idea was by my little brother though):

Two chocolate chip waffles, each with a scoop of chocolate peanut butter icecream on them, topped with chocolate syrup, caramel, pancake syrup, and whipped cream. Pretty much the sweetest thing I've ever eaten.

Return to “Food”